Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trial Coverage and Discussion Only - Jury Selection Day 6 - May 14, 2011

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Trial Coverage and Discussion Only - Jury Selection Day 6 - May 14, 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trial Coverage and Discussion Only - Jury Selection Day 6 - May 14, 2011

Post by mom_in_il Sun May 15, 2011 1:01 am

That's twelve!! Six men, six women!

Court resumes Monday morning, 8:30 AM ET, Pinellas County Courthouse.
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

Trial Coverage and Discussion Only - Jury Selection Day 6 - May 14, 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Trial Coverage and Discussion Only - Jury Selection Day 6 - May 14, 2011

Post by mom_in_il Mon May 16, 2011 8:15 pm

A post by twinkletoes moved from Monday's Trial Discussion Thread:

Re: Trial Coverage and Discussion Only - Jury Selection Day 7 - May 16, 2011

Trial Coverage and Discussion Only - Jury Selection Day 6 - May 14, 2011 - Page 2 252-12
twinkletoesSupreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Trial Coverage and Discussion Only - Jury Selection Day 6 - May 14, 2011 - Page 2 Stars6

Joined date: 2008-10-18

Trial Coverage and Discussion Only - Jury Selection Day 6 - May 14, 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_profile Trial Coverage and Discussion Only - Jury Selection Day 6 - May 14, 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_pm Trial Coverage and Discussion Only - Jury Selection Day 6 - May 14, 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_email

Post by twinkletoes Today at 2:52 pm

Trial Coverage and Discussion Only - Jury Selection Day 6 - May 14, 2011 - Page 2 File.php?avatar=282_1298471231

marcena's Profile

Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:14 am

It's a slower news day for us low life bloggers so I waited until this AM to post. It was very interesting to attend. If anyone gets the chance (and luck) to grab a seat this summer I highly recommend it.

I show up at the courthouse at 8:10 for the Saturday selection. Cheney Mason shows up by himself at 8:13 AM. The entire prosecution team shows up next at 8:16 AM. I smile and JA smiles back. LDB looks at me questioning like. Oops. Simms and Finnell come in together soon after. At 8:25 Baez comes rolling in with his briefcase on wheels and his cheezy pocket square. Figures he is the last one there.

One of the bailiffs is joking with the media about their casual court attire. Most complain they have run out of clean work clothes. Kathi Belich is sporting silver tennis shoes with a dress ala 'Working Girl'. I thought she would change out of them at some point but no dice. I guess after her bunion surgery in December she is limited to certain shoes? It was interesting to see the media folks in action: Kathi Belich, Bill Sheaffer, Jean Casarez (so petite - like a size 0), Diane Dimond. There were about four other talking heads in the group that I recognized but Idon't know their names.

Casey walks in and I feel - nothing. Unimpressed. She is just a petite, pasty, mousy, muffled shell of her former self. They must have her on meds. She moves in slow motion like a sloth. This is an AHA moment for me. If care zilch about Casey, then I must be tuning into the case for the details of the crime: when was Caylee's body dumped, when does the State think the tape was placed (before or after death), how involved were the rest of the Ants and what/when did they know ... and Baez's big jaw-dropping reveal next week. And of course, justice for Caylee.

JP blows through PJs 1123 and 1050. Over at the DT table I see what looks like Facebook up on Cheney Mason's laptop. Simms has two different web sites up and is madly toggling between the two.

1246 is up next. He's the guy with the 7 dogs. The whole time 1246 is sitting in the witness box, he has his hand up on top of JP's box. Curious. He is encroaching on the judge's space. JP doesn't seem to notice.

Next up is 1301 and 1375. Then 1407. 1407 was a likable kid despite his smoke mistake in TN. He should have mentioned it on the questionnaire. He looked like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo but with darker hair. Ah well.

During the first sidebar, Mr. George turns around and looks squarely at me. Hmm. Maybe he doesn't like bloggers. Or maybe I am paranoid. I have time to size everyone up. As stated by previous posters, everyone looks smaller in person! LDB has on 3 inch heels and I am still 2-3 inches taller than her. I am only 5'7". Cheny Mason is more compact than I imagined. Baez has a strange body type with short legs and a broad chest and shoulders.

I think I smelled a little Napoleon Complex as he walked by. Ann Finnell is a typical apple body type; she reminds me of someone's grandmother wearing support hose and sensible black shoes. Simms? She is a hot OCD mess. Eggbeater hair, mouth breather, looks like she has fishing lures for earrings, paranoia as to others finding out what is on her laptop. She mentioned to one of the bailiffs to keep an eye out for anyone peeking at her computer. Puh-leez. You are not working on National Defense Plans sister. Get over yourself. Bolin was MIA - maybe she doesn't do charity work on the weekends. Jeff Ashton is tall and nice looking, though I think I liked him better with facial hair. Mr. George...is just Mr. George...a sidekick type figure. Mr. George takes a second look back and says something to the blonde lady with short hair (aka 'the PJ file keeper').

I notice when AF is droning on about the DP, the media fidgets in their seats. Those wooden benches are hard. Baez rubs his eye sleepily and checks his Blackberry and iPad while she drones. He has an expensive looking haircut and suit. He is so full of himself.

Back on the record, 1407 claims he doesn't like the media as they are all liars. The media group breaks out in giggles. When JP calls for a recess, Bill Shaeffer pops up from the back row to tell everyone 'As you know I had already removed myself from your midst before the liar comment came. I'm not like one of you.' Everyone laughs.

I follow AF into the ladies room thinking there may be some off the record chatter in there during recess. I'm wasn't disappointed. LDB comes in with the short blonde hair lady. She uses the stall next to me and said 'I know - with the media liar comment. I thought he would want to keep him.' (Baez asked 1407 to be dismissed with cause because he didn't disclose his TN smoke incident. But the PJ was right in line with Baez's hate for the media.)

I get back into the court room and sit down. The short blond hair lady at the prosecution table turns around and looks at me. There is noone behind me as well are still on break. I guess I know for sure that I am being noticed for some reason. Huh. There are FIVE uniformed bailiffs facing Casey during break. Overkill me thinks. It's not like she is going to try to make a break for it or anything. Baez comes back from the break with provisions: a large coffee, some purple Red Bull type drink and a bag of peanut MnMs. Breakfast of champions. Mr. George and JA switch spots at the prosecution table. Baez gets chummy with Mr. George.

JP is bummed when the Facebook fiasco of 1392 is disclosed by the prosecution. Another black juror bites the dust.

When 1394 discloses her pain and loss of her son in a car accident and her parental duty to work with the police no matter how uncomfortable it was, you could have heard a pin drop in the room. Uncomfortable for the DT I am sure.

JP runs out of jurors and calls for an early lunch. JA says 'Hey, we have enough time to go somewhere and not eat bad cafeteria food.' I look at the cafeteria before I head outside. Empty -not a soul in there. And the reader board say $1 hamburgers on Fridays. Can't be quality food.

After lunch I return and as I make it through building security I turn to see JP sans robe. He is wearing a basic white dress shirt, tie and dress slacks. He is a short guy - I am guessing 5'5" - but has the saunter of 6'5". He is flanked by four other suits all returning from the infamous cafeteria. Yummo.

I make sure I am back 15 minutes or so to observe everyone moving around in the courtroom. LDB carries a black Dooney & Bourke bag. She wears expensive suits and jewelry. She is the one in charge. I can see why Cindy Ant is intimidated by her and clashes with LDB. LDB is a no nonsense intelligent multi-tasking professional. These qualities in a man get him labeled as a strong leader; these same qualities in a woman can get her labeled as a *itch. LDB is the core engine running this show.

JA carpooled with lady with short blonde hair. Says he must have dropped his reading glasses in the back seat. Lady offers to retrieve for him from car.

Simms is walking around the room. She has a strange gait leaning forward and stomping in her high heels.

Mousy Casey comes in. She can't make eye contact with anyone in the room. Can't create some BS story. Stifled. Her ponytail is higher. She must have groomed after lunch.

One of the bailiffs fondling his gun on his belt. He really likes the authority he has been entrusted with.

Baez cracking a joke with the guy from The Today Show. I guess he only dislikes the media on camera.

There is a lot of body language and nonverbal communication going on while the cameras are fixed on JP's face. Example. 1167 comes up to the box.

He's a likable guy - very animated..uses his hand when he talks. While he talks AF is leaning back in her chair with a concerned look on her face. Lots of 'Nancy Grace Entertainment Show' questions today and guffaws from the media clan. I feel bad for Jean Casarez as she appears quite a bit with Nancy and it is part of her bread and butter. JP asks the PJ if he ever watches Geraldo Rivera in an effort to be fair. When Rivera's name is mentioned Baez visibly snickers in his seat. Now JP is going into his version of the DP detail for the PJ. AF is still leaning back in her chair but is now nodding with her eyes closed. JA is rocking in his chair too. PJ says he doesn't believe in the DP. AF stops chair rocking and Simms shoots her a knowing glance. Now AF is leaning WAY back in her chair staring at the ceiling with her hands steepled in front of her. JA stops rocking in his chair and looks at the PJs file. Never fear, LDB has her laptop open in is checking out the background as we speak. When Mr. George gets up I see he has Google up.

1251 seems to be a keeper. 50s, medium brown shoulder length hair, little thick around the waist, teacher of gifted children in the local public schools. She has her head on straight and would be very good at keep the group on track towards a consensus. And it doesn't hurt that she has a 2 year old granddaughter. I thought it interesting that no one got hot at her for blabbing to her out of state 29 year old daughter of her involvement with this case. She didn't 'tell' but gave enough hints so she was able to figure it out. When her daughter told her that it'll change her life, she was asked for clarification. Her answer was something like maybe you'll have bad dreams or it will change your disposition. Simms shoots AF a look of disgust. LDB raises a questioning eyebrow at JA.

Another recess called by JP. JA walks over to my row where a guy is sitting and tells him animatedly - It's as exciting as I said it would be! During break, Simms stays with Casey and they write secret notes to each other. Baez walks by with a sloppy gait in his pricey suit. You can take the boy out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the boy. Cheney walks stiffly from the jury room where they are holding the PJs (maybe he was doing a head count?) towards the bathrooms. 1:45 in the afternoon. Baez is finally talking to Casey. It is the first time all day I have seen them say anything significant to each other. Most of the time she is just sitting at the table during the break. Withdrawn with her hands in front of her mouth. Long sleeves on her sweater pulled down to help cover her murdering claws.

More justice watchers from the public file in. Diane Dimond knows one of them and begins to introduce to some of the other media. She points out the corner camera and says that is the one that catches us in the gallery from time to time. If it is pointed in this direction, don't pick your nose. Ha ha.

Court back in session. Thunder is rolling in the background. Baez is up asking questions to 1251. Cracks jokes when thunder is audible. Baez asks inappropriate question to PJ. Camera is not on JP (I assume) as he says do not ask her that Mr. Baez and puts two hands up to his forehead covering his face. This has been one L-O-N-G week for the judge.

1001 is up next. Casey's newest crush. Good looking guy full of confidence - maybe too much? Mother watches Nancy Grace 3x a week or so. More guffaws when her name is mentioned. Jean looks uncomfortable again. He mentions he is trying to transfer to Valencia from St. Pete College. Casey hears Valencia and begins to fidget, fidget. Meds must be wearing off. This guy is getting a reaction out of her. Her next crush perhaps? JP begins the long DP chat with the PJ. LDB is busy on Laptop checking his Facebook account, etc.

Mr. George starts to dig for dirt on his laptop too. Fun to see the prosecution in action. Cheney is whispering something of concern to AF. Casey gazing at PJ with interest. AF gets up to drone on about the DP. JP looks at his PJ roster (to count how many we have left?) then rubs his hands together. Eyes close and head back in chair. Cat nap time. PJ says he would want Casey to testify. Casey beings to write and fold over notes madly.

JP calls for a 5 minute coffee break. I check my voice mail and hubby having quite a time with baby at home. A higher duty calls.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2