Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NATALEY JADE AGEE - 3 Months (9/11) - / Convicted: Mother, Kylee Jean Copeland - Lakeland FL

+2
maidendetroit
TomTerrific0420
6 posters

Go down

NATALEY JADE AGEE - 3 Months (9/11) - / Convicted: Mother, Kylee Jean Copeland - Lakeland FL Empty NATALEY JADE AGEE - 3 Months (9/11) - / Convicted: Mother, Kylee Jean Copeland - Lakeland FL

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:25 pm

9/30/11 - A 2008 Fowlerville High School graduate has been charged in
the death of her 3-month-old daughter and authorities say she made up
several stories to try and explain her child’s death. 21-year-old Kylee
Copeland of Lakeland, Florida is charged with child neglect, aggravated
child abuse and negligent homicide in her daughter’s death.
NATALEY JADE AGEE - 3 Months (9/11) - / Convicted: Mother, Kylee Jean Copeland - Lakeland FL 13140
An autopsy
later revealed the cause of death to be blunt force trauma to the head,
consistent with child abuse. Small red abrasions on her arms and legs
were determined to be roach bites. The examiner also determined that the
child had been dead for at least eight hours, which was inconsistent
with the mother’s stories. She originally called 911 Monday to report
her infant as unresponsive. An affidavit says she originally told
deputies that she fed her daughter 4:00am, put her back in the crib and
at 9am, her three-year-old son woke her up after finding his sister
unresponsive. The final story Copeland told authorities, which was also
found to be a lie, was that she dropped her baby in the living room and
her head struck the coach, then she bounced to the floor. She reportedly
told authorities that she lied during the investigation because she
didn’t want to lose her other children or go to jail. This is not the
first incident of child neglect Copeland has been involved in. When her
son was six months old, she left him with family and went missing for
two days after having last been seen leaving her job at Showgirls
nightclub in Florida.
http://whmi.com/news/article/13140

Last edited by TomTerrific0420 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

NATALEY JADE AGEE - 3 Months (9/11) - / Convicted: Mother, Kylee Jean Copeland - Lakeland FL Empty Re: NATALEY JADE AGEE - 3 Months (9/11) - / Convicted: Mother, Kylee Jean Copeland - Lakeland FL

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:24 pm

10/26/11 - A report from a Florida state agency details a history of
child neglect by a former Fowlerville woman charged last month in the
death of her infant daughter.
NATALEY JADE AGEE - 3 Months (9/11) - / Convicted: Mother, Kylee Jean Copeland - Lakeland FL 13303
21-year-old Kylee Jean Copeland is charged
with manslaughter in the September 25th death of 3-month-old Nataley
Jade Agee in a crib at her home in Lakeland, Florida. An autopsy
determined the cause of the death was blunt force trauma to the head,
consistent with child abuse. An 11-page report by the Florida Department
of Children and Families reported by the Lakeland Ledger cited the
first documented instance of trouble within the family in August of
2008, when Copeland and Trevor Agee, the father of her three children,
were pulled over by a Michigan State Police trooper on I-96 near
Fowlerville. The trooper saw a baby boy sitting sideways in a car seat
with duct tape over his mouth, which Copeland and Agee admitted to
placing there to hold his pacifier in place. Authorities declined to
press criminal charges and a Michigan case worker eventually said she
was confident they would rise above their “…young ways and continue
becoming mature and loving parents." But shortly after that the pair
moved to Florida to live with Agee's mother and more incidents then
began to occur. Copeland made headlines in February 2009 when she
disappeared without warning, leaving her 6 month old son in the care of
relatives. Although she turned up a day later, a similar situation was
reported again in September of that year. Then in 2010 the Florida Abuse
Hotline received a call that Copeland’s children were living in filthy
conditions including a cockroach infestation and lice. Despite being
unemployed, Copeland claimed she had no time to clean. She was also
investigated for being highly intoxicated on more than one occasion and
leaving her infant daughter at home unsupervised. Despite all of that,
state officials claimed that until the death of Nataley, Copeland had
never given case workers reason to believe she'd physically abuse her
children. The two surviving children have undergone medical screenings
and are now in protective custody. Copeland, meanwhile, is due back in a
Florida courtroom next week.
http://whmi.com/news/article/13303
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

NATALEY JADE AGEE - 3 Months (9/11) - / Convicted: Mother, Kylee Jean Copeland - Lakeland FL Empty Nataley Jade Agee

Post by maidendetroit Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:16 pm

I'm from Kylee Copeland's home town. I read she was due in court yesterday, I'm not finding anything about it. Any news??

maidendetroit
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

NATALEY JADE AGEE - 3 Months (9/11) - / Convicted: Mother, Kylee Jean Copeland - Lakeland FL Empty Re: NATALEY JADE AGEE - 3 Months (9/11) - / Convicted: Mother, Kylee Jean Copeland - Lakeland FL

Post by mermaid55 Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:29 pm

10/25/2011 STATE RESPONSE & DEM FOR RECIPROCAL DISC
10/20/2011 INFORMATION FILED C:ATTY
10/20/2011 DELETE HEARING FOR THE DATE: 11/1/2011
10/20/2011 Re: ARRG--ARRAIGNMENT BY MIRIWEST
10/20/2011 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 1/3/2012
10/20/2011 Re: PRET --PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE
10/20/2011 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 11/18/2011
10/20/2011 Re: STAT --STATUS CONFERENCE

https://www2.myfloridacounty.com/ccm/do/docket?county=53&data=fcb54790eacfe93e075721163024e7f0
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:30 pm

10/25/2011 STATE RESPONSE & DEM FOR RECIPROCAL DISC
10/20/2011 INFORMATION FILED C:ATTY
10/20/2011 DELETE HEARING FOR THE DATE: 11/1/2011
10/20/2011 Re: ARRG--ARRAIGNMENT BY MIRIWEST
10/20/2011 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 1/3/2012
10/20/2011 Re: PRET --PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE
10/20/2011 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 11/18/2011
10/20/2011 Re: STAT --STATUS CONFERENCE

https://www2.myfloridacounty.com/ccm/do/docket?county=53&data=fcb54790eacfe93e075721163024e7f0
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by maidendetroit Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:32 pm

I'm confused. No

maidendetroit
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:34 pm

maidendetroit wrote:I'm confused. No

Next hearing is 11/18/11

Pretrial 1/3/12
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by maidendetroit Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:41 pm

Okay I gotcha now. Can you keep me updated. I'm not finding anything here in Michigan. And I've been trying to catch something on the news. We got nothing. My daughter was good friends with her and I talked to Kylee the day before her arrest. I believe her and Trevor (John) know exactly what happened to that dear little Angel. Thanks for the info.....

maidendetroit
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:42 pm

Merging threads.

http://www.justice4caylee.org/t16666-nataley-jade-agee-3-months-lakeland-fl?highlight=Nataley+Jade+Agee
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by maidendetroit Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Wait....Pretrial isn't until Jan 2012???

maidendetroit
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:27 pm

01/05/2012 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 2/14/2012
01/05/2012 Re: PRET--PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE BY BRITLEIS
01/04/2012 MEMO OF COURT (SNAPOUT) 1/3/12
01/04/2012 MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE WITH ORDER

https://www2.myfloridacounty.com/ccm/do/docket?county=53&data=f0c498025531a145134593931ca069e7
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:41 am

I would not know how to determine if a bite was a roach bite. Does a roach bite hurt? This is disgusting.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:45 am

Kylee Copeland Mug Shot

KYLEE COPELAND

Booked 24th Jul 2010 at 12:00am
Polk County, FL Mug Shot
DOB: 06/17/1990 Age 20
Charges: 948.06 PROB VIOLATION, VOP-ORG FRAUD
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:56 am

DCF Report Details Pattern of Neglect by Lakeland Mother

Social workers say Kylee Jean Copeland never showed signs of abuse before 3-month old Nataley Jade Agee died.
NATALEY JADE AGEE - 3 Months (9/11) - / Convicted: Mother, Kylee Jean Copeland - Lakeland FL Bilde?Site=LL&Date=20111013&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=111019695&Ref=AR&MaxW=445&border=0
Kylee Jean Copeland, 21, makes her first appearance by closed
circuit TV in front of County Judge Mary Catherine Green in September in
Bartow in the death of her infant daughter.
Rick Runion | The Ledger

By Chase Purdy
THE LEDGER

Published: Thursday, October 13, 2011 at 10:19 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, October 13, 2011 at 10:19 p.m.

LAKELAND | An 11-page report by the state Department of Children and Families details a history of child neglect by a Lakeland mother charged last month in the death of her infant daughter.

The death shocked social workers who said Kylee Jean Copeland, 21, was not known for abusing her children, according to the report and DCF officials.

The report was obtained by The Ledger through a Freedom of Information Act request.

"When you look at the allegations of domestic violence, it's really the father that's considered the aggressor," DCF spokeswoman Carrie Hoeppner said. "It's really left us baffled with this outcome."

Authorities on Sept. 25 found 3-month-old Nataley Jade Agee in a crib at her home at 5310 Deeson Road. According to an arrest report, investigators found the infant cold to the touch and covered in cockroach bites. When questioned about the death, Copeland gave police numerous scenarios for how her daughter died, finally admitting she'd been dropped.

Her story still didn't add up, as the Medical Examiner's Office determined the child died of blunt force trauma to the head not consistent with Copeland's story. The mother was later charged with manslaughter.

According to the DCF report, the first documented instance of trouble within the family was in 2008, when Copeland and Trevor Agee, the father of her three children, were pulled over by a state trooper in Michigan.

According to that report, the state trooper saw a baby boy sitting sideways in a car seat with duct tape over his mouth.

"The parents admitted to putting duct tape over the child's mouth to hold his pacifier in his mouth," the report reads.

The report included a note written by a Michigan case worker, who claimed the parents seemed willing to improve and compliant through every step of the investigation.

"They seemed to always be one step ahead of me, which I am honestly not quite use to," the case worker wrote. "I am confident they will rise above their young ways and continue becoming mature and loving parents."

But shortly after moving to Florida in 2008 to live with Agee's mother, social workers again visited Copeland. The mother had made Polk County headlines in February 2009 when she disappeared without warning after finishing a night of work. None of her relatives, who were caring for her 6-month-old son at the time, heard from her until a day later, when she was found unharmed in Lakeland. A similar situation was reported again in September 2009.

An investigation by social services uncovered Copeland's struggles with drug abuse, domestic abuse and diagnosed depression, the report states.

In August 2010, the Florida Abuse Hotline got a call that Agee had punched holes in the walls of their home during a fit of anger.

"The father has a history of hitting the mother," the report reads. "In the past, the mother has sustained bruises on her neck and face as a result of the father hitting her."

Several months later, the Florida Abuse Hotline received another call about Copeland and her children, this time about their living conditions.

"There are cockroaches and bugs everywhere," the report reads. "They're on the cabinets and walls. (The children) had baby oil in their hair because the mom was overheard stating that they had lice."

When asked about the filthy conditions in her home, Copeland claimed she had no time to clean, despite being unemployed, the report states. Child Protective Services ordered Copeland to clean the home, which she did.

Finally, near the end of August, a social worker investigated Copeland twice more when it was reported that she would repeatedly drink to ­intoxication and would leave her ­infant daughter at home unsupervised.

Additionally, Copeland got into another fight with Trevor Agee — this time in front of their children — which left more bruising, the report states.

"The child was interviewed. He was limitedly verbal but stated the father is in ‘time out' for hurting his mother's face and that he was crying and afraid of the father," the report states.

Copeland filed for restraining orders against Agee for herself and the children.

However, she dropped the order for her children to allow visitation by the father, the report says.

On the final page of the report, a DCF official claimed that until the death of Nataley, Copeland had never given case workers reason to believe she'd abuse her children. Only the father seemed suspect, the report states.

"The death of this child is tragic, but based on the fact that there were no red flags as to the mother's propensity for abuse, the recommendations from the open report would only have restricted access as to the father," the conclusion read. "The mother was educated regarding infant care and handling and had social supports in place."

Hoeppner said the two surviving children have undergone medical screenings and are now placed in protective custody.

"Sometimes, despite our best efforts, we cannot ultimately predict or preclude tragedy," she wrote in an email. "There's not always a glaring red flag.

Sometimes those are the hardest to understand."

http://www.theledger.com/article/20111013/news/111019695?p=3&tc=pg
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:21 am

NATALEY JADE AGEE - 3 Months (9/11) - / Convicted: Mother, Kylee Jean Copeland - Lakeland FL Kylee-Copeland-300x209

Last edited by twinkletoes on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:35 am

twinkletoes wrote:I would not know how to determine if a bite was a roach bite. Does a roach bite hurt? This is disgusting.

In this picture, not from this case, you can see that a roach bite is similar in appearance to a bad mosquito or spider bite. Any inflammation of the body's largest organ (the skin) will either hurt, itch or both. You have to have some p-poor living conditions to get these.

NATALEY JADE AGEE - 3 Months (9/11) - / Convicted: Mother, Kylee Jean Copeland - Lakeland FL Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTktZOfr6JBp0VXqdo7NiAF194vn4E1XeAtsBM6CcnRRpo_1wtCGA
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:04 am

TomTerrific0420 wrote:
twinkletoes wrote:I would not know how to determine if a bite was a roach bite. Does a roach bite hurt? This is disgusting.

In this picture, not from this case, you can see that a roach bite is similar in appearance to a bad mosquito or spider bite. Any inflammation of the body's largest organ (the skin) will either hurt, itch or both. You have to have some p-poor living conditions to get these.

NATALEY JADE AGEE - 3 Months (9/11) - / Convicted: Mother, Kylee Jean Copeland - Lakeland FL Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTktZOfr6JBp0VXqdo7NiAF194vn4E1XeAtsBM6CcnRRpo_1wtCGA
Thanks muchly. I have never heard of roach bites before and I live in Florida where they abound. This looks awful.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by MommaJ1086 Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:16 pm

Has anyone noticed that Kylee looks an AWFUL lot like Casey in that picture??? Poor little thing, sick twisted people. Rip baby girl may you rest in the arms of angels now heart

MommaJ1086
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Job/hobbies : Stay at home mommy, learning more about what goes on in the lives of children, spreading the word

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:40 pm

Copeland, Kylee (AGG MANSLAUGHTER OF A CHILD)
Case: 532011CF007424A000XX [254620]

03/28/2012 MEMO OF COURT (SNAPOUT) 3/27/12
03/28/2012 MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE WITH ORDER
03/28/2012 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 6/26/2012
03/28/2012 Re: PRET--PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE BY BRITLEIS
02/16/2012 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 3/27/2012
02/16/2012 Re: PRET--PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE BY BRITLEIS
02/15/2012 MEMO OF COURT (SNAPOUT) 2/14/12
02/15/2012 MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE WITH ORDER
02/15/2012 SUPPLEMENTAL DISCOVERY

https://www2.myfloridacounty.com/ccm/do/docket?county=53&data=69d763187aa6bc9ef9643e733e50c7dd
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:42 pm

Former Fowlerville woman gets prison for child's death

Daily Press & Argus 12 p.m. EDT October 10, 2014

NATALEY JADE AGEE - 3 Months (9/11) - / Convicted: Mother, Kylee Jean Copeland - Lakeland FL 635485391973654673-Kylee-Copeland
A 24-year-old former Fowlerville mother was sentenced Monday in a Florida courtroom to 15 years in prison in connection with the death of her 3-month-old daughter in 2011.

Kylee Jean Copeland of Lakeland, Florida, also was sentenced to five years of probation and was ordered to successfully complete a psychological evaluation and any recommended treatment, according to Polk County court records. The sentence came immediately following her guilty plea to aggravated manslaughter for the death of her daughter, Nataley Jade Agee.

According to an affidavit, Copeland called 911 to report finding Nataley dead in her crib and cold to the touch on Sept. 25, 2011.

Polk County deputies said Copeland lied, indicating that she claimed she fed her daughter around 4 a.m. that day and placed her back in the crib. She said she checked on her daughter about two hours later and that Nataley was breathing, but at 9 a.m., Copeland said her 3-year-old son found Nataley unresponsive, according to the affidavit.

However, a postmortem examination determined the cause of death was blunt-force trauma to the head, consistent with child abuse, police said. An associate medical examiner also found that Nataley had been dead for at least eight hours before Copeland called 911, police said.

In August 2008, Copeland and her children's then-19-year-old father were stopped by a Michigan State Police trooper on Interstate 96 near Fowlerville. At that time, the trooper found a then-4-week-old infant "unsecured in the rear seat of the vehicle" with a pacifier held in his mouth by adhesive tape across both cheeks.

In September that year, then-Livingston County Prosecutor David Morse said he was not filing child-abuse charges against Copeland or the male, nor was he seeking a neglect-and-abuse petition in the county court's juvenile division because the petition would likely not be authorized since the family was "fully cooperating" with the state Department of Human Services.

DHS was working with the couple about how to become better parents, including having the couple attend parenting classes.

http://www.livingstondaily.com/story/news/crime/2014/10/09/former-fowlerville-woman-gets-prison-childs-death/17007391/
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:58 pm

A light sentence.  She will still be young enough to breed when she gets out.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down