Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VICTORIA MARKS - 12 months - / Charged: Mother, Vibha Marks - Dallas, TX

3 posters

Go down

VICTORIA MARKS - 12 months - / Charged: Mother, Vibha Marks - Dallas, TX Empty VICTORIA MARKS - 12 months - / Charged: Mother, Vibha Marks - Dallas, TX

Post by twinkletoes Tue May 21, 2013 5:04 am

Girl who just turned 1 dies after being left in hot car at Dallas school; mom arrested

VICTORIA MARKS - 12 months - / Charged: Mother, Vibha Marks - Dallas, TX NM_18Victoria_Marks
Victoria Marks was found strapped in her car seat in the back of a locked black car.

One day after her first birthday, a toddler died Friday after being left in a hot car at the Dallas ISD elementary school where her mother works as a teacher.

Victoria Marks was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead. An autopsy will determine the cause of death.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro/20130517-girl-who-just-turned-1-dies-after-being-left-in-hot-car-at-dallas-school-mom-arrested.ece
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

VICTORIA MARKS - 12 months - / Charged: Mother, Vibha Marks - Dallas, TX Empty Re: VICTORIA MARKS - 12 months - / Charged: Mother, Vibha Marks - Dallas, TX

Post by twinkletoes Tue May 21, 2013 5:22 am

Mom under arrest after baby dies in hot car outside Dallas school

Posted on May 18, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Updated Saturday, May 18 at 11:18 PM

DALLAS — A one-year-old child who was left in a vehicle parked in the faculty lot of Frank Guzick Elementary School Friday afternoon died at Baylor Hospital.

The baby's mother, Vibha Marks, was arrested. Police said she is a teacher at the school.

Dallas police Lt. Paul Stokes said a witness noticed the infant inside the locked vehicle at about 1 p.m. It was about 86 degrees
outside.

Exenia Gomez, who saw the child, smashed the window with a 2x4 she had in her truck. Stokes said Gomez performed CPR until EMTs arrived to take the baby to Baylor Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

"I just came out of my truck and I see something pink and I see there is a baby in there," Gomez said. "I looked straight at the baby and it wasn't moving or anything."

The baby was identified as Victoria Marks. She had her first birthday on Thursday.

"I actually held her and saw her face," Gomez said. "Unimaginable."

Gomez is an intern at the school. She said baby Victoria was wearing shorts and a pink top and was still strapped to her carseat.

Vibha Marks, 42, was arrested after being interviewed at Jack Evans Police Headquarters. She was charged with child abandonment and freed after posting $50,000 bond.

A statement from the Dallas Independent School District said the teacher was placed on administrative leave pending a police
investigation. The district sent home a letter to parents and said grief counselors are on hand for anyone who needs them.

"Obviously this is a very tragic situation," the district's statement reads. "Our thoughts and prayers are with the teacher and her family at this time, as well as the staff at Guzick Elementary."

http://www.wwltv.com/news/208035511.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

VICTORIA MARKS - 12 months - / Charged: Mother, Vibha Marks - Dallas, TX Empty Re: VICTORIA MARKS - 12 months - / Charged: Mother, Vibha Marks - Dallas, TX

Post by twinkletoes Tue May 28, 2013 4:10 pm

VICTORIA MARKS - 12 months - / Charged: Mother, Vibha Marks - Dallas, TX Facebook-Victoria-Marks

Six hours later, toddler dead after Dallas teacher left her in sizzling car

9:08 AM 05/23/2013

Dallas-area elementary school teacher Vibha Marks has been charged
with child abandonment after she left her one-year-old daughter in a hot
car last week in the faculty parking lot of Frank Guzick Elementary
School for nearly six hours.

The child, Victoria Marks, died after her mother left her in the
black four-door Toyota from roughly 7:45 a.m., when she clocked in,
until 1:26 p.m. that afternoon. The temperature outside had reached
approximately 86 degrees. Inside the locked car, the temperature was
hotter.

According to
The Dallas Morning News, Vibha Marks said in an arrest affidavit that
she “was certain” she had successfully delivered Victoria to her regular
daycare facility that fateful morning.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/23/six-hours-later-toddler-dead-after-dallas-teacher-left-her-in-sizzling-car/#ixzz2UbWinjKu

twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Thu May 30, 2013 7:32 pm

This is happening more and more. Too many little angels gone. All they have to do is put a teddy bear in the car. Put the bear in the child seat when it's empty. Put the bear in the front seat when the child is in the car. Then ALWAYS check the car before locking it. Some cities and states will charge for this while others don't. No matter what charges the little angel is still gone. tears William
willcarney
willcarney

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu May 30, 2013 8:21 pm

Yes William, and it is going to be a long hot summer. We will see many more deaths by careless parents and caregivers.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasMommy Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:52 pm

Grand jury declines to indict Dallas mom who left child in car

Posted: Aug 27, 2013 5:06 PM CDT
Updated: Aug 27, 2013 5:06 PM CDT
By: myfoxdfw.com Staff

A Dallas grand jury declined to indict a school teacher who left her child in a hot car in May and later died.

Vibha Marks said she thought she dropped her one-year-old daughter, Victoria, off at day care that morning. But the child was later found that afternoon in her car at the parking lot of Marks's job at Frank Guzick Elementary.

A high school student walking past Marks' car saw the child and broke out the window and tried to save the child, but it was too late.

Marks was facing a child abandonment charge.

TexasMommy
Serial Blogger
Serial Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:23 pm

I can't believe she wasn't charged with anything.  Poor baby.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down