Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ETHAN ANDERSON - 8 yo - / Suspect: Mother's boyfriend James Lee DiMaggio - Boulevard, CA

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ETHAN ANDERSON - 8 yo - / Suspect: Mother's boyfriend James Lee DiMaggio - Boulevard, CA Empty HANNAH and ETHAN ANDERSON - 16 and 8 yo - / Suspect: Mother's boyfriend James Lee DiMaggio - Boulevard, CA

Post by twinkletoes Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:49 pm

Sheriffs: Murder suspect may be on the run with victim's kids

ETHAN ANDERSON - 8 yo - / Suspect: Mother's boyfriend James Lee DiMaggio - Boulevard, CA 130806-amberalert-4a.photoblog600
California Highway Patrol
Hannah and Ethan Anderson, ages 16 and 8, were abducted in Boulevard, California, on Saturday, according to an Amber alert.

By Olivia Santini and Henry Austin

The prime suspect in the murder of a woman whose charred remains were found alongside a dead child in a burned San Diego County home may have abducted her children, officials said Monday evening.

Sheriffs said Hannah Anderson, 16, and her brother Ethan, 8, were "in danger" and a statewide Amber Alert was issued for the pair. 
ETHAN ANDERSON - 8 yo - / Suspect: Mother's boyfriend James Lee DiMaggio - Boulevard, CA 130806-amberalert-suspect-4a.380;380;7;70;0
California Highway Patrol
James Lee Dimaggio, 40, has been named as a suspect in the abduction of Hannah and Ethan Anderson.

Homicide Lt. Glenn Giannantonio told the Union Tribune that officers were "working nonstop" to find the children as the search continued for James DiMaggio, the owner of the log cabin-style house where their mother Christina Anderson’s body was found.
Advertise | AdChoices

A $1,000 reward is on offer for information leading to an arrest.
Officials now believe DiMaggio may be heading with them to either Texas or Canada in a 2013 Nissan Versa with the license plate 6WCU986.
Fire personnel found Anderson's body as they tackled the blaze on Ross Avenue in the unincorporated community of Boulevard at around 8 p.m. Sunday.
Sheriff's officials did not reveal how she died, but they told NBC Bay Area that she had a "close platonic relationship" with DiMaggio, who neighbors told the station had moved to the area around five years ago from the city.
Arson investigators later found the remains of the child as they searched through the rubble of the burned buildings.
“The child's identity and cause and manner of death have not been determined at this time,” they said in a statement.
Officials said they also found a dog that had been killed.
Hannah is described as white, 5 feet 7 inches, 115 pounds, with blond hair, blue eyes, a belly-button ring, nose stud and pierced ears, while her brother Ethan is described as white, 4 feet 11 inches, 65 pounds, with sandy blond hair, according to the Union Tribune.
DiMaggio is described as white, 5 feet 9 inches, 150 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. He may have shaved off a mustache and beard, detectives told the paper. 
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the Homicide Detail at (858) 974-2321/after hours at (858) 565-5200 or Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477.

usnews.nbcnews.com/_.../19888144-sheriffs-murder-suspect-maybe-on-t.

Last edited by twinkletoes on Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:38 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add name of wanted man, the suspect.)
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

ETHAN ANDERSON - 8 yo - / Suspect: Mother's boyfriend James Lee DiMaggio - Boulevard, CA Empty Re: ETHAN ANDERSON - 8 yo - / Suspect: Mother's boyfriend James Lee DiMaggio - Boulevard, CA

Post by twinkletoes Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:07 am

Is missing boy’s body inside burned home?
By HLNtv.com Staff

updated 8:04 AM EDT, Wed August 07, 2013

NEED TO KNOW

• Hannah Anderson, 16 and Ethan Anderson, 8, are missing after mother's body found in burned home
  • 'Close platonic' friend of mother identified as suspect
  • Unidentified child's remains also found in rubble of house

Unidentified child's remains also found in rubble of house As the massive search continues for two missing Southern California children after their mother’s body was found inside a burning home, could the other body found at the crime scene belong to the missing boy?

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/08/06/california-amber-alert-ethan-body-in-home?clusterId=60#videoplayer

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the San Diego County Sheriff's Department Homicide Detail at 858-974-2321 or submit an anonymous tip to Crime Stoppers at 888-580-8477.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

ETHAN ANDERSON - 8 yo - / Suspect: Mother's boyfriend James Lee DiMaggio - Boulevard, CA Empty Re: ETHAN ANDERSON - 8 yo - / Suspect: Mother's boyfriend James Lee DiMaggio - Boulevard, CA

Post by twinkletoes Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:35 am

Cops: Charred body may be missing 8-year-old

By Stephen Loiaconi
updated 2:49 PM EDT, Wed August 07, 2013

NEED TO KNOW

• Amber Alert issued for 16-year-old Hannah and 8-year-old Ethan Anderson after mother found dead
  • Suspect James DiMaggio is described as a close friend of the family
  • Remains of a child found in DiMaggio's burned-out home have not been identified

ETHAN ANDERSON - 8 yo - / Suspect: Mother's boyfriend James Lee DiMaggio - Boulevard, CA 8-7_ethan_hannah
The remains of a child found in the burned-out rubble of an Amber Alert suspect’s home are consistent with those of an 8-year-old but authorities are still awaiting DNA tests to identify the body, a law enforcement source close to the investigation told CNN Wednesday.

A statewide Amber Alert is still in effect in California for 16-year-old Hannah and 8-year-old Ethan Anderson after their mother’s body was recovered from the burned home of James Lee DiMaggio.

A national manhunt is underway for DiMaggio, 40, whom authorities described as a “close platonic” friend of the children's mother, 42-year-old Christina Anderson.
Anderson's body was found by emergency personnel responding to a fire at DiMaggio’s Boulevard home around 8 p.m. Sunday. They also recovered the remains of a child and the body of a dog from the rubble.

A San Diego Sheriff’s Department official told CNN Wednesday that the child’s remains could be Ethan Anderson’s, but they are still searching for both children and are hopeful they will be found alive.

“We believe that DiMaggio abducted both children,” Giannantonio said on CNN’s New Day. “There is a possibility that the child’s remains found in the burned-out home there is that of Ethan, but we just don’t know.”

“We’re holding out hope that Ethan is still alive and OK with Hannah and hopefully we’ll be able to get them both back,” Giannantonio said.

However, he cautioned, “I don’t want any of the public to think if they see someone fitting the description of DiMaggio and Hannah, it’s not them because Ethan isn’t with them.”

The children’s father made an emotional plea for DiMaggio to return his daughter safely in a public statement Tuesday night.

“Jim, I can’t fathom what you were thinking. The damage is done. I’m begging you to let my daughter go. You’ve taken everything else,” Brett Anderson said.
At a vigil Tuesday night, cousin Hallie Landy had this message for Hannah: “If you get a chance, if you’re alone, run, please. Please just run as fast as you can.”
Investigators have been receiving tips since minutes after issuing the Amber Alert Monday, but Giannantonio told CNN Wednesday that no positive sightings of DiMaggio or the children have been reported.

Giannantonio said DiMaggio was very close with the Anderson family. He said investigators do not know why Christina and the children were at DiMaggio’s home on Sunday, but it was not uncommon for them to be there.

A close friend of Hannah told HLN Tuesday that DiMaggio has known the children their whole lives.

“My parents always thought he was really weird. He’s like 40, and he’d want to spend his time with 15-year-old girls and take us wherever we want,” Marissa Chavez said.

Chavez said DiMaggio recently took Hannah to Hollywood as a sweet 16 birthday present, but they returned from the trip early after getting into an argument.
“He was mad because she was on her phone the whole time and not paying attention to him,” Chavez said.

Marissa’s mother, Kimberly Chavez, told HLN that DiMaggio always seemed “a little iffy” to her, but she allowed him to drive her daughter around because the Andersons trusted him.

Kimberly Chavez said Marissa knew Hannah and her family had planned to go to DiMaggio’s house over the weekend.

Marissa Chavez said she has tried calling and texting DiMaggio since the alleged abduction and he has not responded.

Another friend of Hannah's told HLN affiliate KGTV that DiMaggio had recently told Hannah he had a crush on her and she did not want to be alone with him anymore.

The Sheriff's Office released several photos of DiMaggio, and Giannantonio said he is believed to be driving a blue, four-door Nissan Versa with California license plate 6WCU986.

However, he might have switched vehicles, taken public transportation or could be hunkered down somewhere, Giannantonio said.

Some photos showed DiMaggio with a mustache and beard, but authorities believe he is now clean-shaven.

Giannantonio warned anyone who sees DiMaggio and the children that he may be “extremely dangerous” and they should not approach him or attempt to detain him. Instead, Giannantonio advised people to call 911.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the San Diego County Sheriff's Department Homicide Detail at 858-974-2321 or submit an anonymous tip to Crime Stoppers at 888-580-8477.

www.hlntv.com/article/.../father-amber-alert-suspect-let-my-daughter-go‎
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:37 am

I'm leaving this in Amber Alerts and will move it to murdered children when we know more about Hannah. 

I think she is his captive sex slave.  Evil bastard will end up murdering her too.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:44 am

Murder warrant issued for Amber Alert suspect

By Stephen Loiaconi

updated 3:56 PM EDT, Wed August 07, 2013

An arrest warrant for murder has been issued for the suspect in the killing of a Southern California woman and the abduction of one or both of her children.

A San Diego County Superior Court official confirmed to CNN Wednesday that a warrant for James Lee DiMaggio was filed Tuesday and that bond is set at $1 million.

A statewide Amber Alert is still in effect in California for 16-year-old Hannah and 8-year-old Ethan Anderson after their mother’s body was recovered from DiMaggio’s burned home.

A national manhunt is underway for DiMaggio, 40, whom authorities described as a “close platonic” friend of the children's mother, 42-year-old Christina Anderson.

Anderson's body was found by emergency personnel responding to a fire at DiMaggio’s Boulevard home around 8 p.m. Sunday. They also recovered the remains of a child and the body of a dog from the rubble.

A law enforcement source close to the investigation told CNN Wednesday that the child’s remains were consistent with those of an 8-year-old, but authorities are still awaiting DNA tests to identify the body.

San Diego Sheriff’s Lt. Glenn Giannantonio said earlier Wednesday that authorities are remaining hopeful that Ethan may still be alive.

“We believe that DiMaggio abducted both children,” Giannantonio said on CNN’s New Day. “There is a possibility that the child’s remains found in the burned-out home there is that of Ethan, but we just don’t know.”

“We’re holding out hope that Ethan is still alive and OK with Hannah and hopefully we’ll be able to get them both back,” Giannantonio said.

However, he cautioned, “I don’t want any of the public to think if they see someone fitting the description of DiMaggio and Hannah, it’s not them because Ethan isn’t with them.”

The children’s father made an emotional plea for DiMaggio to return his daughter safely in a public statement Tuesday night.

“Jim, I can’t fathom what you were thinking. The damage is done. I’m begging you to let my daughter go. You’ve taken everything else,” Brett Anderson said.

At a vigil Tuesday night, cousin Hallie Landy had this message for Hannah: “If you get a chance, if you’re alone, run, please. Please just run as fast as you can.”

Investigators have been receiving tips since minutes after issuing the Amber Alert Monday, but Giannantonio told CNN Wednesday that no positive sightings of DiMaggio or the children have been reported.

Giannantonio said DiMaggio was very close with the Anderson family. He said investigators do not know why Christina and the children were at DiMaggio’s home on Sunday, but it was not uncommon for them to be there.

A close friend of Hannah told HLN Tuesday that DiMaggio has known the children their whole lives.

“My parents always thought he was really weird. He’s like 40, and he’d want to spend his time with 15-year-old girls and take us wherever we want,” Marissa Chavez said.

Chavez said DiMaggio recently took Hannah to Hollywood as a sweet 16 birthday present, but they returned from the trip early after getting into an argument.

“He was mad because she was on her phone the whole time and not paying attention to him,” Chavez said.

Marissa’s mother, Kimberly Chavez, told HLN that DiMaggio always seemed “a little iffy” to her, but she allowed him to drive her daughter around because the Andersons trusted him.

Kimberly Chavez said Marissa knew Hannah and her family had planned to go to DiMaggio’s house over the weekend.

Marissa Chavez said she has tried calling and texting DiMaggio since the alleged abduction and he has not responded.

Another friend of Hannah's told HLN affiliate KGTV that DiMaggio had recently told Hannah he had a crush on her and she did not want to be alone with him anymore.

The Sheriff's Office released several photos of DiMaggio, and Giannantonio said he is believed to be driving a blue, four-door Nissan Versa with California license plate 6WCU986.

However, he might have switched vehicles, taken public transportation or could be hunkered down somewhere, Giannantonio said.

Some photos showed DiMaggio with a mustache and beard, but authorities believe he is now clean-shaven.

Giannantonio warned anyone who sees DiMaggio and the children that he may be “extremely dangerous” and they should not approach him or attempt to detain him. Instead, Giannantonio advised people to call 911.

warrant-issued-for-suspect.rsspump.com/?...arrest-warrant-issued...suspec...
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:17 am

Suspected kidnapper killed in Idaho, teen girl safe: sheriff

Authorities say James Lee DiMaggio was shot and killed during an attempted arrest in Idaho Saturday. His alleged hostage, 16-year-old Hannah Anderson, was found safe and "appears to be in good shape."

By Becky Bratu, Staff Writer, NBC News

The man suspected of kidnapping 16-year-old Hannah Anderson and killing her mother and brother was shot dead in Idaho as the girl was rescued, authorities said Saturday.

James Lee DiMaggio 40, was killed by an FBI tactical agent during an arrest attempt near Morehead Lake in a remote area of Idaho known as the Frank Church-River of No Return Wilderness, authorities said.

Her father was "elated" his daughter was found alive, San Diego Sheriff Bill Gore said at a news conference. Hannah, who "appears to be in good shape," was removed from the area by helicopter and transported to a hospital in Idaho, Gore noted.

The confrontation between DiMaggio and the FBI happened after a campsite was spotted from the air, Gore said. DiMaggio was killed around 4:22 p.m. PT (7:22 p.m. ET), but it was unclear if he fired at agents. Gore, speaking in San Diego, and FBI agent Mary Rook and Valley County Sheriff Patty Bolen, speaking in Idaho, declined to discuss details of the operation.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/10/19967655-suspected-kidnapper-killed-in-idaho-teen-girl-safe-sheriff?lite
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

ETHAN ANDERSON - 8 yo - / Suspect: Mother's boyfriend James Lee DiMaggio - Boulevard, CA Empty ETHAN ANDERSON - 8 yo - / Suspect: Mother's boyfriend James Lee DiMaggio - Boulevard, CA

Post by twinkletoes Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:22 am

Crying or Very sad
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:43 am

9:46 p.m. EDT, August 10, 2013

The man accused of kidnapping 16-year-old Hannah Anderson was killed in the Idaho wilderness Saturday, but the teen was found safe and "appears to be in pretty good shape," San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore said.

Gore said the suspect, James Lee DiMaggio, was shot by the FBI.

"Obviously we would have liked Mr. DiMaggio to surrender and face justice in a court of law, but that was not the case," Gore said. Hannah will be "thoroughly evaluated" at a hospital before detectives talk to her, he said.

Hannah's father, Brett Anderson, was notified this afternoon and was "very relieved," Gore said at a press conference in San Diego. Plans are in progress to reunite him with his daughter Sunday.

DiMaggio, 40, was a California man suspected of killing his longtime friend and her son and kidnapping her 16-year-old daughter. DiMaggio was slain by an FBI agent while authorities were attempting to take him into custody near Morehead Lake in central Idaho, Gore said.

Further details about DiMaggio's death or the rescue operation were not immediately available. Authorities in Idaho scheduled a news conference for Saturday evening.

More than 150 law enforcement officers on foot and on horseback had descended on the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness after a group of back country horsemen told police that they had spotted DiMaggio with the girl backpacking there on Wednesday.

Police searched the trailhead for clues and found DiMaggio's car, stripped of its license plates and covered with brush. Police feared the car could be rigged with explosives but a bomb squad found none on Friday.

The telecommunications technician is wanted in the killing of Christina Anderson, 44, and 8-year-old Ethan and in the disappearance of Hannah, all of whom were last seen last Saturday.

The following day DiMaggio is suspected of having set his house on fire in the Southern California community of Boulevard, triggering a multi-state search and child abduction Amber Alerts.

The San Diego County Sheriff confirmed late on Friday that the remains of a second body found at the house were Ethan's. Police declined to say how Christina Anderson or her son were killed.

Police say DiMaggio bought camping equipment and other gear in the weeks leading up to his flight, suggesting that the crime and his escape were planned in advance.

Read more: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-california-murderkidnap-suspect-killed-girl-rescued-20130810,0,3733016.story#ixzz2bckVqhvN
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:39 am

I'm so happy she was found alive.  I feared he would murder her also when he knew he was caught. 

I'm glad they had to kill him.  Saved taxpayers a lot of money.  Also, the poor little girl won't have to testify.  Another plus, we won't have to read about him for years and years and years.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:40 am

Ladibug, haven't seen you in a long time.  Nice to see you again.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:28 pm

Officials ID Second Victim in Boulevard Fire

Ethan Anderson was initially part of an Amber Alert launched Monday after authorities found his mother's body

By R. Stickney

|  Saturday, Aug 10, 2013  |  Updated 9:54 AM PDT

ETHAN ANDERSON - 8 yo - / Suspect: Mother's boyfriend James Lee DiMaggio - Boulevard, CA Missingamberalert4
Courtesy of Alan McNabb
Christina and Ethan Anderson in an image from a family friend.
advertisement

ETHAN ANDERSON - 8 yo - / Suspect: Mother's boyfriend James Lee DiMaggio - Boulevard, CA Cascade-Man-Hannah-DiMaggio

ETHAN ANDERSON - 8 yo - / Suspect: Mother's boyfriend James Lee DiMaggio - Boulevard, CA Sheriff-Gore-DiMaggio

San Diego Sheriff
Updates Amber Alert Search
More Photos and Videos

Five days after the discovery of a second body in a deadly house fire in Boulevard, officials confirm the victim was a boy sought in a six-state Amber Alert.

San Diego County sheriff's homicide detectives confirmed Ethan Anderson, 8, was found dead after an intense house fire in San Diego's East County.

Ethan died along with his mother Christina Anderson of Lakeside on the property of James Lee DiMaggio.

Emergency personnel were called to the 2000-block of Ross Avenue in the unincorporated community of Boulevard east of San Diego around 8 p.m. Sunday for a structure fire.

DiMaggio's log cabin-style home and detached 3-car garage were fully engulfed in flames.

Firefighters called in sheriff's deputies when they recovered a body on the property.

Once crews were able to bring in a bulldozer on Monday, they recovered a second body and several weapons burned in the fire. They also recovered the body of a dog.

Detectives could not make a positive identification until DNA analysis of material extracted through bone marrow returned Friday.

DiMaggio, 40, is accused of killing Christina and Ethan Anderson although detectives have not released the cause of death.

Law enforcement officers have located DiMaggio and Hannah Anderson, Ethan's teenage sisiter near Cascade, Idaho, approximately 80 miles north of Boise and roughly 400 miles from the Canadian border.

Officials discovered the vehicle linked to DiMaggio on Friday covered in brush with the license plates removed about 15 miles northeast of Cascade.

Initially, investigators believed Ethan was also traveling with DiMaggio and Hannah.

Friends and family have been praying for Ethan, calling the young boy a great kid with lots of friends who love him.

Friends have also said Ethan and Hannah had a strong sibling bond, with little fighting and lots of love between them.

As a family, friends say the Andersons were very happy and seemingly had a great relationship.

Officials have not released how Christina Anderson and the unidentified child were killed. They also have not identified a possible motive.

Christina's father, Christopher Saincome, said his daughter went to visit DiMaggio's home to say goodbye to the family friend before he moved to Texas.
Hannah Anderson attended El Capitan High School in Lakeside where friends described DiMaggio as having a crush on the 16-year-old girl.

As for a motive behind the murder, arson and kidnapping crime spree, Sheriff Gore said they don't have one just yet.

"We all have come up with a theory but really it is speculation and we wont know until we get Hannah and DiMaggio back here for further questions," he said.
A memorial fund has been set up to help the family with burial costs. Go to WePay and search for "San Diego Anderson Family Support Fund."

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Officials-ID-Second-Body-in-Boulevard-Fire-219082441.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:02 pm

James DiMaggio’s sister says kidnapped teen Hannah Anderson was ‘trouble’

Lora DiMaggio says she believes her brother 'gave his life to protect' the California 16-year-old before he was fatally shot by FBI agents in Idaho. The sister cast doubt on Hannah as a victim, previously warning her brother to 'watch out for that one.'

By Doyle Murphy / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 8:03 AM

James Lee DiMaggio’s sister said she warned her brother 16-year-old Hannah Anderson was “trouble” and he needed “to watch out for that one.”

Lora DiMaggio defended her brother on Tuesday in an interview with CNN’s Piers Morgan, saying she believed he was trying to protect the teen before he was gunned down by FBI agents in the Idaho wilderness.

She said she has seen no hard evidence to prove her brother tortured and killed Hannah’s mother and little brother, leaving their bodies to burn in his California home as he kidnapped the teen and fled east.

“It doesn’t add up, and it doesn’t make sense,” she said, “and for me, I need facts, and I need evidence.”

A few weeks before James DiMaggio and Hannah’s Aug. 4 disappearance, the sister said they visited her house.

“I remember very vividly telling my brother, ‘She’s trouble,’” Lora DiMaggio said. “I said, ‘You need to watch out for that one.’”

Hannah wore heavy eye makeup that night and appeared wholly different than she did in a televised interview, Lora DiMaggio said.

“I know the Hannah Anderson that I saw a few nights ago on the TV is certainly not the girl that stayed in my home three weeks prior to them disappearing,” she said, declining to elaborate.

Court documents claim Hannah and James DiMaggio exchanged 13 calls before their phones were shut off, and investigators discovered letters from the teen in James DiMaggio’s house.

Hannah told NBC the calls were actually text messages with directions to her cheerleading camp. She wrote the letters while she was feuding with her mom, she said.

San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore has called the teen “a victim in every sense of the word.”

Authorities claim James DiMaggio used a timer to ignite his house, giving himself a 20-hour head start as he dragged Hannah across the western United States.

Emergency responders found the bodies of 44-year-old Christina Anderson and 8-year-old Ethan Anderson as well as the family dog in the burning house.

James DiMaggio fired once at FBI agents in Idaho, before they shot and killed him near his lakeside campsite, police said. Hannah was present but uninjured.

“In my heart of hearts, I think that Hannah perhaps got herself into a situation that she couldn't get herself out of, and I do believe that my brother gave his life to protect her," Lora DiMaggio said.

She claimed she was in touch with the FBI, U.S. Marshals and San Diego police throughout the week-long manhunt and could have helped bring in her brother alive.

“Give me a megaphone, and I would have talked him straight out of there,” she said. “He could have come home and had a trial as he deserves, as anyone in this country deserves.”
he struggled to explain why a 40-year-old man would run off alone with a teenage girl.

“I know that he thought of Hannah as a daughter,” she said. “I know that the wilderness up there, it is some of the most beautiful terrain that you’ll ever see in the world.”

A DiMaggio family friend had said Lora DiMaggio wanted DNA samples from Hannah and Ethan for a paternity test, because she’d heard rumors her brother was really the kids’ father.

The Anderson family has said Christina was six months pregnant with Hannah when she first met James DiMaggio, and investigators used a DNA sample from Brett Anderson to identify Ethan’s charred remains. Lora DiMaggio told the Associated Press she’s dropping her request.

Brett Anderson, described in court papers as James DiMaggio’s best friend, had moved to Tennessee for work before Hannah disappeared.

He told People magazine he had since resigned and is moving back to San Diego County, Calif., to take care of his daughter.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/kidnapping-suspect-sister-hannah-anderson-trouble-article-1.1438971#ixzz2fpLLcus1
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:11 pm

Hannah Anderson's mother, brother beaten and burned, autopsy shows

Posted: 4:58 AM
Last Updated: 1 hour and 26 minutes ago
By: CNN Wire

SAN DIEGO - Her ankles bound, her mouth covered with duct tape, Christina Anderson was bashed at least 12 times in the head. Her 8-year-old son Ethan's body was burned beyond recognition.

Those were some of the grisly details released this week by the San Diego Medical Examiner's office investigating the deaths connected to the Hannah Anderson kidnapping case, a case that captured the nation's interest last month.

In August, Christina Anderson, 42, and Ethan were killed by family friend James Lee DiMaggio, who then set fire to his house and kidnapped 16-year-old Hannah, authorities said. This led to a multi-state manhunt that ended with the FBI shooting DiMaggio, 40, in the Idaho woods and Hannah's rescue.

Few details had been released about the deaths of Christina and Ethan Anderson. But the autopsy reports obtained by CNN give shocking details.

Christina Anderson's ankles were bound by a plastic cable tie, and duct tape was wrapped around her neck and mouth, her autopsy report said. Her right arm and both legs were fractured, and there was a cut on her neck. Her body was found in the garage of the burning home, alongside a family dog that had been shot.

Ethan was found in another part of the home, burned beyond recognition. It was believed, according to the autopsy, that the boy died because of the fire. Ethan also had skeletal fractures that could have been caused by events that day.

San Diego County deputies searching DiMaggio's charred home found a handwritten note, handcuff box, camping equipment, a DNA swab kit, two used condoms and letters from Hannah, according to an affidavit.

Contents of the letters and the handwritten note were not revealed in the affidavit.

In an interview since the ordeal, Hannah called herself a survivor.

"In the beginning I was a victim, but now knowing everyone out there is helping me, I consider myself a survivor instead," she told NBC News. "My mom raised me to be strong."

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/hannah-andersons-mother-brother-were-beaten-and-burned-autopsy-shows#ixzz2fpIkESt5
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:13 pm

I want to read the letters Hannah and DiMaggio exchanged. What were their overnight trips all about? I'm having a really hard time believing Hannah is innocent in all of this.
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:16 pm

Hannah Anderson letters found at kidnap suspect's home

By Ed Payne, Greg Botelho and Casey Wian, CNN
updated 11:18 AM EDT, Sat August 17, 2013

Lakeside, California (CNN) -- A handwritten note, handcuff box, camping equipment and a DNA swab kit were among the items found by San Diego deputies in the burned home and garage of James DiMaggio.

DiMaggio was shot and killed by FBI agents in Idaho after allegedly kidnapping Hannah Anderson,16, this month.

The list of items is included in a search warrant and affidavits CNN affiliate KFMB obtained.

It detailed what authorities found in the aftermath of the August 4 fire at DiMaggio's home, about 45 miles east of San Diego in the community of Boulevard, and how investigators believe the fire was started.

Other items found on the nine-page list of things seized from the home and the adjacent garage include incendiary devices, a gas can, rolls of duct tape, used condoms, ammunition, an arson wire and letters from Hannah.

Contents of the letters and the handwritten note were not revealed in the affidavit.

When specifically asked about the note by KFMB, the sheriff's department deferred.

"Many portions of this investigation cannot be discussed," said spokesperson Jan Caldwell. "Sorry this is one if them."

Also recovered was a map of Yosemite -- a possible clue as to where DiMaggio intended to take Hannah.

The list also contained seemingly benign items such as balloons, a fly swatter and a Popsicle box.

The court documents did not specifically tie any of the items to DiMaggio's alleged crimes.

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/16/us/california-hannah-anderson/index.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:25 pm

DiMaggio was mother's boyfriend? I haven't read that! scared 
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:46 pm

Shocking Hannah Anderson photo shows how she grieves

Sep 07, 2013 at 1:40 AM PDT
By Chelsea Hoffman

Hannah Anderson's behavior since her supposed rescue has increasingly become a hot button topic -- especially since the girl is behaving so bizarrely. Her online activity displays a teen who is far from mourning the deaths of her mother and eight-year-old little brother -- who were violently murdered and burned. Her Instagram account is where she shares photos of herself daily -- and her photos look like she doesn't even know what heartache is. She is on top of the world. But there is also a shocking photo that was taken on the day that her mom and brother were laid to rest.

The photo shows Hannah and one of her friends posing with playfully exaggerated looks on their faces as they make gun gestures. She tagged the photo with two words: "True thugs."

Her friend wore a shirt that said "Rest In Peace" on the front over a photo of Christina Anderson and her eight-year-old son. With the girl's index finger her "gun" is aiming directly at Ethan's face, and Hannah's "gun" aimed upward, toward the sky. This isn't the only inappropriate photo taken at Christina and Ethan's funeral, as pretty much all of them show the teen with a Starbucks frap and a smile on her face, but it's perhaps the most disturbing. That's because Jim DiMaggio reportedly held her at gunpoint and even though Christina Anderson died by blunt force trauma (curiously) it can be assumed that guns played a role in this entire ordeal -- in order for the victims to had been subdued.

The photo was also taken just days after Hannah reportedly witnessed the man she knew her entire life as "uncle Jim" was shot dead by FBI agents. She notoriously said (and callously so) that he "got what he deserved," and this picture is just a further display of what appear to be narcissistic and sociopathic tendencies. Does this girl feel anything at all for what happened?

Numerous people are suspicious of Hannah Anderson -- some believing she actively participated in the murders of her mother and brother, and some believing that she was a voluntary element in at least some capacity if not the murders. Her own friends have questioned her apparent lack of grief, while numerous online followers insist that she is a "soldier" and a "role model."

Hannah and her friend believed it was appropriate to pose as "true thugs," at the funeral of her two closest family members, plus her dog. So one has to wonder what other behavior this girl finds appropriate. However, those are for a different post, which will highlight some more photographic evidence of what may indicate nefarious behavior on the behalf of this alleged "victim."

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/15472912-shocking-hannah-anderson-photo-shows-how-she-grieves
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:45 pm

Chilling Report Details Deaths of Christina, Ethan Anderson

By DAVE SUMMERS
NBCSanDiego.com
updated 30 minutes ago 2013-09-24T13:46:00

The mother of 16-year-old kidnapping victim Hannah Anderson was bludgeoned in the head at least a dozen times, bound and gagged before officials found her body and the charred remains of her 8-year-old son at a family friend's San Diego-area home last month, according to a medical examiner's report.

Christina and Ethan Anderson were found dead at the Boulevard home of James DiMaggio last August, setting off a six-state manhunt for DiMaggio, who was accused of abducting Hannah. FBI agents killed DiMaggio, 40, after locating the pair in the Idaho backcountry six days after the initial discovery and brought Hannah home safely.

The San Diego County Medical Examiner report indicated Christina Anderson, 44, was found bound with zip ties around her wrists and ankles and gagged.

In addition, she had a fractured skull and cuts and swelling on her face and scalp. She had been hit with a blunt object at least 12 times, according to the report.

Ethan's body was so badly burned it took days to identify him. According to the examiner's report, his identity could only be established through a DNA comparison.

Ethan's remains showed fractures to his skull, ribs, legs and arms. Investigators have not determined whether that was caused by the injuries or the heat of the fire.

.The 8-year-old's body was found a day after his mother's in the charred remains of James DiMaggio's home.

Christina Anderson's body was found under a green tarp in the garage. Investigators believed that both were tortured before they were killed, according to search warrants.

The family dog was also found in the garage. The examiner's report said the dog was shot and killed.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Details-Released-in-the-Deaths-of-Christina-Ethan-Anderson--224963012.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:29 pm

James DiMaggio's friend waiting for more info

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/09/26/james-dimaggios-friend-waiting-more-info
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:01 am

Hannah Anderson: I'm 'shocked,' 'sick and angry' about abductor

Vidya Rao
10/8/2013

Kidnapping survivor Hannah Anderson is speaking out about her ordeal, telling TODAY she feels "shocked" and "sick and angry" about her abductor, James Lee DiMaggio, two months after he killed her mother and brother.

In a TODAY exclusive interview with Savannah Guthrie airing Thursday, Hannah, 16, describes the moment she knew something was wrong after DiMaggio, a family friend, brought her to his home on Aug. 3.

"When I got into the house, he handcuffed me and zip-tied my feet and then sat me down on the couch and told me what his plan was," she told Guthrie. "He told me he was going to kidnap me and take me to Idaho, where my intention was just to carry his backpacks to the river. And that he was gonna live there. And then he'd get me home afterwards."

Hannah says DiMaggio told her that her mother and brother were in the house and alive, and that she feared for her life when he made her play a game of Russian roulette with a gun.

"When it was my turn, I started crying, and like, was freaking out," she said. "And he said, 'Do you want to play?' And I said, 'No.' And I started crying and then he's like, 'Okay.' And he stopped."

DiMaggio rigged his house to explode into flames, killing Hannah's mother and 8-year-old brother. A weeklong search then commenced for Hannah, a San Diego high school student, captivating the country. She was found and rescued in the backwoods of Idaho, after four horseback riders spotted her with DiMaggio and thought the duo looked out of place.

Hannah had a look of "pure fear" in her eyes, one of the riders told TODAY in an August interview. When they returned home, the riders contacted authorities after seeing the Amber Alert about Hannah's disappearance.

Video: Four horseback riders on an outing thought something was out of place when they came across a man and a young girl some 20 miles from the nearest paved road. “We thought that was pretty strange, especially the way they were dressed,” said one of the riders. NBC’s Kevin Tibbles reports.

Two months after her ordeal, Hannah says she is "sick, disgusted" and "angry" when she thinks about DiMaggio, and that she feels her abductor, who was ultimately killed by FBI agents in a shootout, got what he deserved.

Hannah also says that the Amber Alert not only saved her life, but has helped in her recovery. "It helped me keep going through healing," she told Guthrie, "knowing that people were looking for me and that they're on my side.”

http://www.today.com/news/hannah-anderson-im-shocked-sick-angry-about-abductor-8C11351106
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:17 pm

Coroner: Dimaggio had marijuana, prescription drugs in his system

Posted: Oct 30, 2013 1:29 AM CST
Updated: Oct 30, 2013 8:21 AM CST

VALLEY COUNTY, Idaho (CBS 8 )- James Dimaggio had marijuana and prescription drugs in his system when he was gunned down by the FBI during the Hannah Anderson kidnapping case, according to the Valley County, Idaho coroner.

Coroner Nathan Hess revealed the new information to CBS News 8 in a phone interview. It's a detail a Dimaggio family friend speculated might have affect Dimaggio's mental health before the murders of Christina Anderson and her eight-year-old son Ethan, and the kidnapping of 16-year-old Hannah.

While the manhunt was underway for Dimaggio and the missing teen, family friend Andrew Spanswick, who is also a mental health specialist, told CNN on August 8 that Dimaggio's marijuana use may have impacted his behavior.

"There's always the possibility with the potency of marijuana these days that people could have drug-induced psychosis that might relate to some of this behavior," said Spanswick.

Now month later, Idaho's Valley County coroner said THC, the active chemical found in marijuana, was found during Dimaggio's autopsy but he didn't know the exact amount.

"From my understanding if you smoke marijuana you could still test positive for it a week later. I don't know if was a recent thing," said Hess.

Hess said he also found legal prescription drugs in Dimaggio's system, most likely prescribed by a doctor, but didn't know what specific types of drugs.

"It would say that it is present. It wouldn't say this is doctor prescribed, this is illegal, it wouldn't say anything like that. It would just say, this what was in it," said Hess.

In Idaho, toxicology reports are considered medical records and are protected by HIPPA so there is not public access to the full report.

Despite the toxicology findings, the coroner said the results do not change Dimaggio's cause of death: bullet wounds.

"You could be drunk or stoned or however, it's still going to be—as far as my job--the cause and manner is still going to be multiple gunshot wounds, justifiable homicide," said Hess.

The coroner said Dimaggio died from six gunshot wounds to the head and chest. The FBI shot Dimaggio after tracking him and Hannah to a wilderness area in Idaho, where he fired a shot at investigators.

CBS News 8 spoke to Spanswick late Tuesday night. He said he was not surprised by the toxicology results. Dimaggio family member and representatives have given media interviews saying they believe Dimaggio is innocent and will continue to fight the San Diego Sheriff's Department to release evidence in the case.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/23825277/to
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:37 am

Scroll down to where I highlighted in bold - it seems like he was trying to duplicate his fathers actions from years earlier.  There are also a few other additions here that I hadn't noticed before - but still don't know what was in the letters darn 

Kidnapping of Hannah Anderson
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On or about the afternoon of August 3, 2013,[1] 16-year-old Hannah Anderson (born July 22, 1997)[2][3] was abducted after cheerleading practice from Sweetwater High School in National City, California.[4] The suspect was later identified by authorities as 40-year-old James Lee DiMaggio, owner of a home in Boulevard, California, about an hour away, where Anderson, her mother Christina Anderson and brother Ethan Anderson had been overnight guests the previous evening.[5][6] The bodies of Christina and Ethan Anderson and the family's dog, Cali, were found in DiMaggio's burned home. An AMBER alert was issued for Anderson, who was found alive in Cascade, Idaho on August 10, a week after she was abducted. DiMaggio was killed by FBI agents during a shootout at the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness in Idaho, where he had been camping with Hannah Anderson.[7]

James DiMaggio had invited Christina Anderson and her children to his home at 2071 Ross Avenue in Boulevard, ostensibly to say goodbye because he was planning to move to Texas.[8] The Anderson family stayed over at his home.[9] On August 4, a fire was reported at DiMaggio's house in Boulevard, where firemen found the bodies of Hannah Anderson's mother, Christina, her 8-year-old brother Ethan and the family dog, Cali.[10][11] Christina Anderson died of blunt force trauma, believed to have been caused by a crowbar. She was apparently tortured, and her body covered with a tarp. Cali was shot dead and covered with a sleeping bag.[12] An arrest warrant was issued for DiMaggio.[13]

In late September 2013, the San Diego County Medical Examiner's office released results of the autopsies of Christine and Ethan Anderson. The autopsy of Christine Anderson found that a plastic cable tie had been used to bind her ankles, and that duct tape was wrapped around her neck and mouth. Her right arm and both legs were fractured, and there was a cut on her neck. She had been struck at least twelve times in the head. The autopsy of Ethan Anderson determined that the boy died because of the fire, though he also had skeletal fractures that could have been caused by events the day of the murders.[14]

Abduction reported
On August 4, 2013, Anderson's grandparents called the police and reported their grandchildren missing, prompting police to issue a statewide AMBER Alert,[15] the first alert sent out to cellphones in California.[16] As the child's body found in the burned-out home was burned beyond recognition, the AMBER Alert included both Hannah and Ethan Anderson. The manhunt stretched from British Columbia, Canada to Baja California, Mexico.[17][18]

Sightings in Idaho
On August 8, a couple meeting the description of DiMaggio and Anderson was seen by horseback riders in Cascade, Idaho.[19] The next day, authorities were notified of this sighting after the riders watched a news report about the abduction.[20][21]

Shooting and rescue
According to Hannah Anderson, DiMaggio, while they were fugitives, had threatened to kill her and anyone who tried to rescue her.[22] On the same day that the sightings were reported, DiMaggio's car, a blue Nissan Versa, was discovered near the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness. The car's license plates had been removed and brush was used to hide the vehicle.[15] On August 10, police discovered DiMaggio's campsite and an FBI tactical agent killed DiMaggio near Morehead Lake around 5 pm.[15] DiMaggio fired at least one shot at the officers, causing the officers to fire back and kill him.[23] DiMaggio was shot at least five times: in the head, arms, and upper torso.[12] Anderson had no visible injuries, but was taken to a local hospital for crisis counseling.[24] Afterwards, when asked if she was glad DiMaggio was dead, Anderson responded, "Absolutely". [25]

Suspect
The suspect was James Lee DiMaggio (January 17, 1973 – August 10, 2013),[5] age 40, a telecommunications technician in San Diego.[19] According to a friend of DiMaggio, his father, James Everet DiMaggio, died exactly 15 years to the day before his son. The friend said the elder DiMaggio, who was accused of attempting in 1988 to kidnap the 16-year-old daughter of an ex-girlfriend, committed suicide in August 1998. However, public records indicate his suicide was on August 10, 1995.[26]

DiMaggio was said to be the best friend of Christina's husband, Brett Anderson, and like an uncle to the children.[27] He had helped them with various tasks, such as driving Hannah and a friend from a gymnastics meet,[28] during which he had unnerved her by saying he would like to date her, if they were the same age.[28] During a trip to Los Angeles with Anderson, DiMaggio also complained she "wasn't paying enough attention to him."[28] Anderson's friends said she did not like being alone with him and was "creeped out" by his comments on the drive from the meet.[28][29]

DiMaggio listed Brett Anderson's mother as beneficiary to his life insurance in 2011, while he lived with her. He intended the $112,000 for the children, but did not trust their parents to handle it.[10] This revelation prompted members of DiMaggio's family to request a paternity test to determine if he fathered the Anderson children. Brett called the suggestion "disgusting" and an Anderson family spokeswoman said DiMaggio had not met Christina till she was six months pregnant with Hannah.[30] The DiMaggio family later withdrew their request for DNA testing.[31]

According to released warrants, DiMaggio received letters from Hannah Anderson which were found in his home by investigators, and exchanged over a dozen calls with her before the murders occurred.[32] However, San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore said Anderson was "a victim in every sense of the word" and did not willingly go with DiMaggio. Investigators do not suspect any complicity on her part.[33] Gore also suggested that authorities may never be able to fully determine the reason for DiMaggio's crime rampage.[16]

Article and REFERENCES:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Hannah_Anderson
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:03 am

Very interesting Ladibug. 

I'm still not sure about Hannah though.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri May 16, 2014 9:04 pm

Hannah Anderson case: FBI agents cleared in accused kidnapper's death

May 7, 2014 12:44 PM
By KATE MATHER

The two FBI agents who shot and killed James DiMaggio, the man accused of kidnapping San Diego County teenager Hannah Anderson after killing her mother and younger brother, used reasonable force in the 40-year-old's death and will not face criminal charges, prosecutors announced Wednesday.

In a joint statement from the U.S. attorney's office in Boise, Idaho, and prosecutors in Valley County -- where DiMaggio was killed -- officials said the agents would not face prosecution or further investigation at either the federal or state level.

That determination, officials said, was based on evidence from the rugged mountain campsite where DiMaggio and Anderson were found and an FBI probe into the shooting, which included an autopsy report on DiMaggio and an interview with the teenager after she was rescued.

The search for Anderson began Aug. 4, when the bodies of her mother, Christina, and 8-year-old brother, Ethan, were found in DiMaggio's burning home in eastern San Diego County. Authorities said DiMaggio, a family friend, killed the two before kidnapping the girl.

The manhunt stretched across the western United States for days, until a group of horseback riders spotted DiMaggio and Anderson in a stretch of remote, rugged wilderness about 75 miles north of Boise. DiMaggio's car was found nearby, hidden under logs and thick brush.

Federal, state and local authorities swarmed the area and, six days after the search began, a law enforcement plane identified DiMaggio and Anderson at their campsite near Morehead Lake. An FBI hostage rescue team was dropped in from a distance to avoid alerting DiMaggio, and hiked two hours in the steep terrain to reach the site.

The agents moved in when DiMaggio and Anderson separated.

"When several agents got within approximately 100 yards of the subject, DiMaggio fired two rifle shots," prosecutors said in the statement released Wednesday. "Two agents, who could see DiMaggio and were directly within his firing line, believed DiMaggio was shooting toward them. They two agents returned fire, striking DiMaggio several times."

A third agent found and safely rescued Anderson, prosecutors said.

Valley County coroner Nathan Hess said an autopsy report showed DiMaggio was shot six times in the head, chest and extremities.

The rescue, prosecutors said, was captured on infrared video recorded from the law enforcement plane that stayed above the campsite. That video showed an "overview of the action of the individuals involved and the heat from the shots that were fired."

Federal prosecutors said they were declining to prosecute the agents because it could not establish beyond a reasonable doubt that either agent "acted willfully" or intended to violate the law when they fired at DiMaggio. Valley County prosecutors said the agents "used reasonable force in defending themselves and/or another."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-hannah-anderson-fbi-charges-20140507-story.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu May 29, 2014 12:44 am

Sweet couples receive national award

Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 4:00 am

The U.S. Justice Department honored seven individuals from four states May 21 for their extraordinary efforts to recover missing children, rescue children from abuse and prosecute sexual predators, during its 31st annual commemoration of National Missing Children’s Day.

“The work of these honorees in rescuing missing and exploited children – and in bringing perpetrators of these heinous crimes to justice – is exceptional,” Associate Attorney General Tony West said.  “It takes very special people to perform such difficult – and in many cases heart-wrenching and life-changing – duties.”

OJJDP Administrator Missing Children’s Citizen Award: Honors private citizens for their unselfish acts to safely recover missing or abducted children. This year’s recipients were Mark and Christa John and Michael and Mary Young, of Sweet, for acting on their concern and providing information to law enforcement that led to the safe return of an abducted 16 year old. U.S. Sen. James Risch joined in presenting the award to the couples.

The Johns and Youngs were recognized for providing information that led to the successful rescue of Hannah Anderson from her alleged abductor, James Dimaggio, in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness area in Idaho.

On Aug. 7, 2013, the couples were horseback riding in a remote area near Cascade when they noticed an older man and an adolescent girl who seemed out of place. The two campers were not dressed for the rugged terrain, and their brand-new tent was not near a water source.

The next day, Mark saw an AMBER Alert broadcast for Hannah Anderson, 16, and her alleged abductor James Dimaggio. The bodies of Hannah’s mother and brother had been found in Dimaggio’s burned out home in San Diego County, Calif., four days earlier, and the girl was missing. Mark called the Idaho State Police to inform them of the sighting.

Prior search efforts had focused on California, Oregon and Washington, but based on Mark John’s description, searchers focused their efforts around the Morehead Lake area. Less than 48 hours later, the FBI’s Hostage Rescue Team rescued Hannah.

The information Mark and Christa John and Mike and Mary Young provided to law enforcement was crucial to her successful rescue.

“Idaho people are incredibly proud of these fellow Idahoans who went out of their way to do what was right. It’s what Idahoans do!” Risch said.

http://www.messenger-index.com/news/sweet-couples-receive-national-award/article_31b93eb4-e5a7-11e3-b2d7-001a4bcf887a.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next