Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US Diary: 'Hated' Casey Anthony's book plan
 backfires

Go down

backfires Empty US Diary: 'Hated' Casey Anthony's book plan
 backfires

Post by mom_in_il Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:37 am

backfires

Orla Healy
Published 20/07/2014

Though Casey Anthony was acquitted of the 2008 chloroform and duct tape murder of her two-year-old daughter Caylee, she can't seem to get that many people on her side. And that includes the writer originally hired by her lawyer, Cheney Mason, to write a book based on her side of the story that involved a sensational 2011 trial and worldwide outrage when she walked free

The plan, according to non-fiction author Rick Namey, was to use the book as a vehicle to rehabilitate Casey's image as the "most hated person in America," and enable the ostracised 28-year-old to finally come out of hiding.

Instead, Namey has just released a dramatically different book called Casey's Ghost: The Story of the Man Who Decided Not to be Casey Anthony's Ghost Writer, after he says he lost faith in Anthony's innocence.

"I was Casey's ghost writer right after the trial," Namey tells Radaronline. "Cheney and I have known each other since the early 1970s and I was sending him some free advice over email. Right after the verdict he sent me an email asking me to come in...He proposed I be the ghost writer."

As he got deeper into researching the book, Namey, who says he believes the prosecution in Anthony's trial didn't do their job in proving her guilty without a doubt, decided he wanted out of 
the deal he came to believe was a cynical attempt to 
make millions from Casey's notoriety.

"It finally occurred to me that I'm going to be associated with the person that is most the hated women in America and I just don't want to be there," Namey said, adding, "I really didn't care how much money was involved, I bailed!"

Mason, who maintains his client's innocence, says Anthony - who is holed up under cover somewhere in Florida - deserves sympathy. "I think Casey has a lot of world left to have to deal with," he told CNN.

"She hasn't been freed from her incarceration yet 'cause she can't go out. She can't go to a beauty parlour, she can't go shopping to a department store, she can't go to a restaurant, she can't even go to McDonald's. She can't do anything."

Mason's book, natch, about the case (Justice in America: How the Media and Prosecutors Stack the Deck Against the Accused) is due out next month.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/us-diary-hated-casey-anthonys-book-plan-backfires-30444387.html#sthash.eRCJVdPI.RSAAlQB1.dpuf
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down