Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNNAMED GIRL - 12 yo (11/2014)/ Charged: Victor Yanez Arroyo - Raleigh NC

Go down

UNNAMED GIRL - 12 yo (11/2014)/ Charged: Victor Yanez Arroyo - Raleigh NC Empty UNNAMED GIRL - 12 yo (11/2014)/ Charged: Victor Yanez Arroyo - Raleigh NC

Post by mom_in_il Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:19 pm

Warrant: Kidnapped Md. girl, 12, used Kik to communicate with suspect

Posted: Nov 18, 2014 1:47 PM CST
Updated: Dec 02, 2014 1:47 PM CST
by Jake Seaton, WNCN New

UNNAMED GIRL - 12 yo (11/2014)/ Charged: Victor Yanez Arroyo - Raleigh NC 5844941_G
Victor Yanez Arroyo is charged with kidnapping and first-degree rape.

RALEIGH, N.C. -A Raleigh man charged with kidnapping and raping a 12-year-old Maryland girl used a mobile instant messaging application to communicate with her and find out where she lives, according to a search warrant.

Victor Yanez Arroyo, 32, of Raleigh, was arrested Friday on charges of kidnapping and first-degree rape. Police said Arroyo kidnapped the girl Nov. 10 as she was walking to her Baltimore middle school. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials also told Baltimore NBC affiliate WBAL-TV that Arroyo is illegally in the United States.

In a search warrant for Arroyo's home, a state Highway Patrol trooper said Arroyo used the instant messaging app Kik Messenger to communicate with the girl and find out where she lived.

The trooper said the girl told a friend in messages sent through Xbox Live on Oct. 17 that she was going to live with "some guy."

The victim said she is "running away with him" and that it's "for the best."

The person with whom she was communicating questioned her decision, at which point she said she was "scared."

"He said he was gonna kidnap me," she wrote.

The user replied, "OK ... but he doesn't know where you live."

"Um yeah, I told him where I live," she wrote. "He knows my address."

When asked if she told her mother, she said, "No, because I used Kik and I'm not supposed to have it. So I'd get in big trouble."

Three and a half weeks later, the warrant says the sixth grader was walking to her Baltimore school with her backpack when she was taken by the suspect in a blue Chevrolet truck with a North Carolina license place.

Upon arriving at the suspect's home, the victim told law enforcement officers that he raped her on two different occasions on Nov. 13.

Spokeswoman Patty McQuillan of the N.C. Department of Public Safety said an Alcohol Law Enforcement agent working with the Raleigh-Durham Safe Streets task force arrested Arroyo around 10:30 p.m. Friday and the girl was safely recovered.

She was returned to her family in Baltimore on Saturday.

Arroyo also was charged with a probation violation in connection with a 2007 conviction for assault on a female. He was ordered held on a $1.5 million bond.
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down