Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALEAH PEASLEE - 6 months (12/2013)/ Convicted: Father; Kevin Peaslee - Windsor ME

Go down

ALEAH PEASLEE - 6 months (12/2013)/ Convicted: Father; Kevin Peaslee - Windsor ME Empty ALEAH PEASLEE - 6 months (12/2013)/ Convicted: Father; Kevin Peaslee - Windsor ME

Post by mom_in_il Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:20 pm

Father of shaken baby sentenced to 7 years

5:21 p.m. EST November 14, 2014

ALEAH PEASLEE - 6 months (12/2013)/ Convicted: Father; Kevin Peaslee - Windsor ME 63548510
(Photo: NEWS CENTER)

(NEWS CENTER) -- A judge sentenced a man convicted of shaking his infant daughter so hard it caused irreversible brain damage to seven years in prison.

The case against Kevin Peaslee gained national attention when the baby's mother and the state went to court over a do-not resuscitate order. According to court records, Aleah Peaslee was in a coma at Maine Medical Center when doctors reportedly told her mother, Virginia Trask, that Aleah had a short time to live. Trask initially agreed to the DNR, but when Aleah showed improvement, she changed her mind. DHHS wanted to impose the DNR because the baby's injuries are so severe, but after several organizations sided with Trask, it changed its position and a court dismissed the case.

Peaslee pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and he admitted to prosecutors that he got frustrated because his daughter was fussing. In exchange for his guilty plea, prosecutors dropped two of the other charges against him.

http://www.wcsh6.com/story/news/local/2014/11/14/shaken-baby-dnr-peaslee-sentence/19043711/
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down