Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Desk Now Open!

+15
BigJohnny
texan-n-tally
sandy
MysticOne
uglyisforever
Impetuous
gma2one
shirledoll
Lkcogrl
Be The Miracle
carlos
4caylee
oviedo45
petesaparte
admin
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Help Desk Now Open! Empty Help Desk Now Open!

Post by admin Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:00 pm

Ok, I guess we all are trying to get use to this format. A few helpful pointers here, and if you have questions, please ask!To make your text larger, up at the top of your post box is a little symbol that looks like two "A" s. Highlight the text you want to enlarge, then click the two A box. It will give you different options.
To insert an avatar, there is a blue box that says, "Profile" ~ from there you can set all your personal preferences.
To post a picture, all you have to do is copy and paste it into the body of your message. No code necessary!
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Help Desk Now Open! Empty Re: Help Desk Now Open!

Post by petesaparte Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:21 pm

Here's the link to the help section - it has TONS of helpful information:

http://help.forumotion.com/faq.htm

I hope this helps you!
petesaparte
petesaparte
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)

Back to top Go down

Help Desk Now Open! Empty live chat

Post by oviedo45 Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:24 pm

you can join live chat anytime, but you do need to hit the log in button in the upper right hand corner - then the box appears for you to enter your chat in the lower right hand corner.
oviedo45
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Help Desk Now Open! Empty Chat timer

Post by 4caylee Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:33 pm

Is there a way to shut of the "timer" on the chat...if you don't post for a few minutes it logs you out.
Thanks
4caylee
4caylee

Back to top Go down

Post by carlos Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:12 pm

It is 7:11 pm where I am but all the posts are showing 4 hours later at 11:11 pm. why is this ? or how can I set clock to show correct time?

thanks
carlos1111

carlos
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

Post by Be The Miracle Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:21 pm

You can change your timezone in your profile. That way it will show your current time. :)
Be The Miracle
Be The Miracle
Squirrel Hunter
Squirrel Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lkcogrl Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:21 am

im not sure that I have the right time zone....
Lkcogrl
Lkcogrl
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Job/hobbies : Government employee

Back to top Go down

Post by shirledoll Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:47 am

If you want to give yourself a Halloween avatar, just follow these instructions:
1) I googled: free Halloween avatars and clicked on: http://www.liessmit.nl/html/avatar/avatars-halloween-en.htm

2) I picked the picture I wanted and followed the directions at the top of the page which are: To download and save an avatar right click on the image and select "Save Picture As...

3) I clicked on the “profile” button on this site and then clicked on “Avatar”.

4) You will see where it says: Upload Avatar from your machine

5) Next to where it says: Upload Avatar from your machine, you will see the “Browse” button.

6) I clicked on the “Browse” button and “my pictures” came up.

7) I double clicked on the Halloween pumkin which was somehow there and then I clicked on the SAVE button.

Cool and somehow it all worked.

If you want an avatar that doesn't have a Halloween theme, I think you can google: free avatars and follow the same directions.
shirledoll
shirledoll
Serial Blogger
Serial Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by gma2one Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:13 am

I was hoping someone could help me please, Iwas posting in welcome caylee and it now locked me out .. did i hit something or do something wrong. im not to computer savvory so please let me know if i did something wrong. thank you so much...
gma2one
gma2one
Serial Blogger
Serial Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Impetuous Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:43 am

gma2one wrote:I was hoping someone could help me please, Iwas posting in welcome caylee and it now locked me out .. did i hit something or do something wrong. im not to computer savvory so please let me know if i did something wrong. thank you so much...
No gma2one, you did nothing wrong. We believe that after a certain number of pages and posts the thread split automatically and a new thread began. We're trying to figure this out as best we can. There is an unlocked thread named the same and the first and we can continue there until this is resolved. i apologize for the scare and thank you for your patience! We're all trying to learn the ins and outs of the wonderful forum! ❤
Impetuous
Impetuous

Job/hobbies : True Crime Buff & Forensics

Back to top Go down

Help Desk Now Open! Empty Having a "page refresh" problem.

Post by uglyisforever Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:42 pm

When I post in a thread it takes my computer foreverrrrrr to refresh the page, like the pics, avatars, site keys.
I have a brand spanking new gateway running vista. Is anyone else having this problem or does someone know what my problem is? (you know, with the computer - I know, I personally have many problems, but we need not list those! :D )
uglyisforever
uglyisforever
Squirrel Hunter
Squirrel Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Impetuous Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:52 pm

uglyisforever wrote:When I post in a thread it takes my computer foreverrrrrr to refresh the page, like the pics, avatars, site keys.
I have a brand spanking new gateway running vista. Is anyone else having this problem or does someone know what my problem is? (you know, with the computer - I know, I personally have many problems, but we need not list those! :D )
LOL...I believe on IE you have to refresh or F5. Those using Mozilla have reported their page automatically refreshes. We're trying to make this easy and will let you know if we find the trick.
Impetuous
Impetuous

Back to top Go down

Post by uglyisforever Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:13 pm

Susmihara wrote:
uglyisforever wrote:When I post in a thread it takes my computer foreverrrrrr to refresh the page, like the pics, avatars, site keys.
LOL...I believe on IE you have to refresh or F5. Those using Mozilla have reported their page automatically refreshes. We're trying to make this easy and will let you know if we find the trick.
Thanks susmihara!
uglyisforever
uglyisforever
Squirrel Hunter
Squirrel Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticOne Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:39 pm

MysticOne wrote: This is available to those who spell like I do :D
It was easier to use in the FoxBlog, but still works. You just need to use it when you are in the preview window rather than the original message menu. Once you have loaded the program, it will be a menu option when you right click.

http://www.iespell.com/

ieSpell - A Spell Checker for Internet Explorer

Introduction

ieSpell is a free Internet Explorer browser extension that spell checks text input boxes on a webpage. It should come in particularly handy for users who do a lot of web-based text entry (e.g. web mails, forums, blogs, diaries). Even if your web application already includes spell checking functionality, you might still want to install this utility because it is definitely much faster than a server-side solution. Plus you get to store and use your personal word list across all your applications, instead of maintaining separate ones on each application.
The program installs as a new button in the IE toolbar (as well as a new menu item under "Tools") - after filling in a form, just hit the ieSpell button and it pops up a dialog, similar to the MS Word spell check. ieSpell also works (right-click menu only) on other IE based browsers such as SlimBrowser, CrazyBrowser, MSN, MyIE, etc.
ieSpell is not spyware or adware. It's free for personal use only. All other use requires a commercial license. See Licensing for more information.
If you find ieSpell useful, please express your satisfaction with a donation. Your donations will help to support its future development. Thank you!
This is what I use. I worked really well in the Fox Blog but does not work as easily in here. For some reason it does not work in the original message box, but will work in preview. At that time you can still edit and make changes.
Once the program is loaded, it will be on your right click menu and you can just check spelling from there.
MysticOne
MysticOne

Back to top Go down

Help Desk Now Open! Empty HOW TO REPLY TO POSTED ENTRY

Post by sandy Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:25 am

cAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO REPLY TO A POST? i SEE THE REPLY ICON, HOW DO I GET IT ENTERED TO THE POST I WANT?
THANKYOU

sandy
Serial Blogger
Serial Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Impetuous Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:19 am

sandy wrote:cAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO REPLY TO A POST? i SEE THE REPLY ICON, HOW DO I GET IT ENTERED TO THE POST I WANT?
THANKYOU

I apologize Sandy that I didn't catch this earlier.

To reply, hit the reply button on the bottom left hand side of your screen and you will add a comment to the thread. If you want to quote someone hit the quote button on the top of that particular post you want to quote.

Also please do the following in your profile preferences so that you don't have to save when your are writing a reply and a new post has been entered during your reply:

oviedo45 wrote:go to your user profile and select preferences - when you see this :

Display the warning page of new posts
:YesNo
To be warned when a post was added while you write it your
change it to No - then you can send your post without having the warning msg

Please let us know if you have any questions. Feel free to send the Moderators or Admin a private message (PM button above) if we don't get to you right away. We're all over these threads trying as much as possible to help everyone! ☀
Impetuous
Impetuous

Back to top Go down

Help Desk Now Open! Empty font size

Post by texan-n-tally Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:08 pm

Can someone tell me how to make the forum/font size smaller? I have tried under profile but could not find anything, but i could have overlooked something. Thanks!

texan-n-tally
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by BigJohnny Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:07 pm

sandy wrote:cAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO REPLY TO A POST? i SEE THE REPLY ICON, HOW DO I GET IT ENTERED TO THE POST I WANT?
THANKYOU

Use QUOTE if you want to include someone else's post at the top of your reply to them. When you do that start your typing below what is already there.

Otherwise use REPLY that is bottom of page on left.
BigJohnny
BigJohnny

Back to top Go down

Post by BigJohnny Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:10 pm

texan-n-tally wrote:Can someone tell me how to make the forum/font size smaller? I have tried under profile but could not find anything, but i could have overlooked something. Thanks!

Use your browser FONT controls. For example on Mozilla Firfox, Ctrl + increases size, Ctrl - decreases size.
BigJohnny
BigJohnny

Back to top Go down

Post by texan-n-tally Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:22 pm

Thanks!!

texan-n-tally
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmylyn Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:19 pm

Does anyone know how to post like a Photobucket avatar? i see alot of ppl with animated avatars? :affraid:
Kimmylyn
Kimmylyn
Squirrel Hunter
Squirrel Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Kimmylyn, I think it's the same way you get a regular avatar...
admin
admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MickeyE Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:33 pm

I am not sure how to get this to work. On the general discussion how do I post and see where everyone else is??

MickeyE
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Impetuous Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:50 am

MickeyE wrote:I am not sure how to get this to work. On the general discussion how do I post and see where everyone else is??

Hi MickeyE. The general discussion will be taking place in the "Main Blog" area and the thread will be dated with that date and either #1, #2, etc. to post and join in just hit the "Reply" button on the bottom left hand side of your screen. If you want to quote someone directly, like I did to answer you, click the "Quote" button on the post you want to answer.

please let us know if you have any other questions. Sorry so late to answer; I get on evening during the week days.
Impetuous
Impetuous

Back to top Go down

Post by LIElemteach Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:11 pm

The main blog said we were going to a new thread. How do I do that?
LIElemteach
LIElemteach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next