Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abandoned Toddler Boy - ~ 2 yo? - San Pablo (across the Bay from SF) CA

Go down

Abandoned Toddler Boy - ~ 2 yo? - San Pablo (across the Bay from SF) CA Empty Abandoned Toddler Boy - ~ 2 yo? - San Pablo (across the Bay from SF) CA

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:09 am

A woman apparently ditched her toddler behind a townhome in San Pablo on Wednesday morning, and police need help to reunite him with his family.Witnesses say a woman in her 20s went behind a building in the 2800 block of Valencia Avenue about 8 a.m. with the boy.She left the child behind the building and ran to a waiting yellow taxi, in which she left heading toward Contra Costa College, San Pablo police Lt. Ken Bays said.She wore a brown jacket, light blue pants and a yellow backpack. The boy, approximately 18 months to 3 years old, wore a Dallas Cowboys jersey and one shoe.He does not speak clearly, but seems in good health, Bays said. Police placed him in protective custody with Contra Costa County.Police canvassed the neighborhood twice, but found nobody who knew the child, Bays said. Investigators are also calling all cab companies along the Interstate 80 corridor.They ask anyone who knows the boy, or his family, to call 510-215-3281, 510-215-3171 or 510-215-3150.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

Abandoned Toddler Boy - ~ 2 yo? - San Pablo (across the Bay from SF) CA Empty Re: Abandoned Toddler Boy - ~ 2 yo? - San Pablo (across the Bay from SF) CA

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Authorities were asking for the public’s help identifying a young boy who was abandoned Wednesday morning in the front yard of a San Pablo home.Wednesday night, police were asking for assistance identifying both the toddler and the woman who left him behind.Witnesses told police that an African-American woman in her 20s wearing a brown jacket and a yellow backpack left a boy between the ages of 18 months and two-and-a-half years in the yard of a San Pablo around 8 a.m. Wednesday before running into a waiting cab.“He was a fine little kid. A little black fellow,” said San Pablo resident Junius Wilson. “Saw him across the street over there.After spotting the little boy, Wilson took him into his home and notified police.“I picked him up and gave him a little kiss ,” said Wilson.After arriving and assessing the situation, the authorities went to neighbors asking if anyone recognized the child.“We're going to find out who did this,” said San Pablo Police Lt. Ken Bay.Bays said the boy didn't speak clearly and can't answer questions about his name. The toddler was wearing a Dallas Cowboys shirt and was missing a shoe when he was found.“Obviously if the child only had one shoe on, they were in a hurry to get away,” said Bay.Bay said whoever abandoned him was likely familiar with the neighborhood and picked the semi-secluded yard deliberately“That was an opportunity to walk the boy down a breezeway around a corner out of sight of the cabdriver then flee in the cab and drive off ,” said BayResidents in immediate area who were approached by police said they didn't recognize the toddler from the neighborhood."He asked me if I had any grand kids and I said 'Yes I do,'" said neighbor Linda Oliver. "He went and got the little boy and I've never seen the little boy before."Most said if the child lived in the neighborhood, they would know his face and likely his family by name.Currently, police were trying to track down the taxi driver who transported the woman Wednesday morning.In the meantime, the child was left in the custody of protective services and was reportedly healthy and unfazed by his ordeal.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Abandoned Toddler Boy - ~ 2 yo? - San Pablo (across the Bay from SF) CA Empty Re: Abandoned Toddler Boy - ~ 2 yo? - San Pablo (across the Bay from SF) CA

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:44 am

- A mother who abandoned her young son in the front yard of a San Pablo home turned herself in to police early Thursday, authorities said.San Pablo Police Sgt. Dave Lewellyn says that the mother called police after seeing media reports about her actions.“She said she was not a fit mother,” Lewellyn said. “She saw media reports about the child being abandoned and she contacted us. We’re looking at child endangerment charges.”Lewellyn said the mother was being interviewed at the police station.Witnesses told police that an African-American woman in her 20s wearing a brown jacket and a yellow backpack left a boy between the ages of 18 months and two-and-a-half years in the yard of a San Pablo around 8 a.m. Wednesday before running into a waiting cab.“He was a fine little kid. A little black fellow,” said San Pablo resident Junius Wilson. “Saw him across the street over there.After spotting the little boy, Wilson took him into his home and notified police.“I picked him up and gave him a little kiss ,” said Wilson.After arriving and assessing the situation, the authorities went to neighbors asking if anyone recognized the child.“We're going to find out who did this,” said San Pablo Police Lt. Ken Bay.Bays said the boy didn't speak clearly and can't answer questions about his name. The toddler was wearing a Dallas Cowboys shirt and was missing a shoe when he was found.“Obviously if the child only had one shoe on, they were in a hurry to get away,” said Bay.Bay said it appeared the mother was likely familiar with the neighborhood and picked the semi-secluded yard deliberately“That was an opportunity to walk the boy down a breezeway around a corner out of sight of the cabdriver then flee in the cab and drive off ,” said Bay Residents in the immediate area who were approached by police said they didn't recognize the toddler from the neighborhood."He asked me if I had any grand kids and I said 'Yes I do,'" said neighbor Linda Oliver. "He went and got the little boy and I've never seen the little boy before."Most said if the child lived in the neighborhood, they would know his face and likely his family by name.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down