Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Family (and Zoo) Keeper

Back to top Go down

Re: HAILEY DUNN - 13 yo (2010) - Colorado City (W of Abilene) TX

Post by kiwimom on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:12 am

Hailey Dunn's grandmother, Connie Jones, who lives in Snyder, said
Wednesday that she has suspected Shawn Adkins from the beginning in
connection with the disappearance of her granddaughter.

"She was afraid of Shawn," Jones said. "I know they did not get along and she did not like him."

Even so, she was hopeful that her granddaughter will be found safe.

"I don't want to think the worst," she said.

Jones said she had not heard of the allegations in the affidavits
that Adkins had threatened to kill Hailey and her mother Billie Jean
Dunn.

"I never knew about this," Jones said.

In a heart-wrenching voice-mail message, Jones pleads with anyone who
calls to leave a message, so she doesn't think it is her granddaughter
trying to call but not speaking.

"You're all I think about. Please call, I love you so, so much – I miss you, " Jones says in her message, sobbing.

Jones said she wants her granddaughter to come home.

"I just want her to let us know that she's OK," Jones said. "We need to stop this madness."
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/no-headline---hailey_dunn_grandmother/
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:36 pm

January 13, 2011
By
Belinda Serrano
editor@sweetwaterreporter.com
Hailey Dunn

The search for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn from Colorado City continues.
According to a news release Wednesday afternoon, the Task Force, consisting of 12 law enforcement agencies, is continuing the search efforts for the teenage girl. Hailey was reported missing by her mother, Billie Jean Dunn, on Dec. 28, and she was last seen by Shawn Adkins, Dunn's boyfriend, on Dec. 27.
Investigators continue to reiterate that the investigation, while it does involve a missing person, is criminal. "While evidence uncovered suggests elements of criminal activity, the task force continues to aggressively investigate all leads and tips."
Information unveiled at a press conference on Wednesday was that persons of interest are under 24-hour surveillance. Later in the evening, reports surfaced that Shawn Adkins is among those listed as "persons of interest."
snipped
http://sweetwaterreporter.com/content/moms-boyfriend-person-interest-hailey-dunn-case
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:37 pm

Missing cheerleader's mom: No party at house after she disappeared
By the CNN Wire Staff
January 13, 2011 10:14 a.m. EST
snipped
Read more about this story from CNN affiliates KTAB, KTXS and tune in to "Nancy Grace" on HLN tonight at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. ET for the latest.

(CNN) -- Affidavits in the case of a missing 13-year-old Texas girl indicate her mother and live-in boyfriend failed polygraph exams on her whereabouts and they had a New Year's Eve party a few days after she disappeared.

But Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Dunn, told HLN's "Nancy Grace" on Wednesday that the party was a family gathering and that alcohol was not served.

"We were pretty upset," about Hailey, Dunn said.

According to the affidavits, boyfriend Shawn Adkins ended two polygraph exams by walking out. On the third try, he failed the initial part of the test, but he then "made a positive indication" that the girl could be found in Scurry County, Texas.

Billie Dunn said Adkins was on anxiety medication at the time of the first test.
Cops: Mom partied after teen vanished

Billie Dunn was under the influence of narcotics on her first polygraph examination, and she failed the second, according to a law enforcement affidavit posted on the website of CNN affiliate KTAB in Abilene.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/12/texas.missing.cheerleader/index.html?section=cnn_latest
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:38 pm

Officials confirm Adkins as one of the "persons of interest," missing teen

COLORADO CITY, TX (KCBD) - According to Colorado City authorities, 'persons of interest' have been identified in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. Late Wednesday afternoon, no names were released.

According to affidavits, Adkins made threats to Hailey and Billie in February 2010. Billie says the threats were only directed to her.

"He was calling and telling me we were going to be together whether I like it or not. He made threats to me, never made threats towards Hailey or David," she said.

The affidavit said Adkins admitted to making threats towards Billie and Hailey. While Billie denies Adkins making threats on Hailey's life, she said Hailey didn't care for him. "In the very beginning, Hailey didn't like Shawn at all. She told me and Shawn that. She [Hailey] was told she don't have to like him, but you have to be respectful," said Billy.

Billie's mother-in-law Connie Jones said even after Billie separated from her son Clint Dunn, Billie still came to her house. "She was scared of him. She came over here and spent the night a night or two to get away from him," Jones said.

When questioned by investigators about who they should be looking at, Adkins told investigators they should look at himself and Billie. Billie wasn't sure why Adkins would say that. We then asked her if she had concerns about Adkins with respect to her daughter. "In the beginning, I definitely didn't think he'd do anything to hurt my daughter or have anything to do with her disappearance. As time went on and I'm talked to and talked to, I just don't know where Hailey is. I feel it's better that he stays in Dunn until we get things cleared up,"

Dunn is just 15 miles from Colorado City. In a press release, investigators said they're keeping 24-hour surveillance of persons of interest.

read more>
http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13833678
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by angelm07 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:38 pm

angelm07

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:07 pm

Two More Affidavits, Search Warrants Obtained In Hailey Dunn Case

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- KTXS News has used the Freedom of Information Act again Thursday to obtain two more affidavits and search warrants that have been issued in relationship to the Hailey Dunn case.

These warrants were issued out Nolan County by District Judge Glen Harrison, who serves as district judge for both Mitchell and Nolan counties.

Hailey Dunn, a 13-year-old Colorado Middle School eighth-grader, has been missing since Dec. 27.

The contents of the affidavits, though, were similar to the affidavits obtained by KTXS News on Tuesday and first reported Tuesday night.

There were some minor differences, authorities said, which will be presented by KTXS News after the information is studied and news determined. The latest information will be presented at KTXS News at 5 and 6 p.m.

read more>
http://www.ktxs.com/news/26484608/detail.html
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:30 pm

mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:54 pm

Documents: Hailey Dunn's iPod, Other Electronics Seized

Additional search warrants obtained by Bigcountryhomepage.com show investigators seized several electronics from Hailey Dunn's home in efforts to learn more about her whereabouts.

The items were taken during a voluntary search of the home Dunn lived in with her mom, Bille Dunn, and Billie's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins. All the items were consensually handed over by Billie.

Colorado City police officer Kelsey Alexander took a memory stick found in the master bedroom, a CD-R found behind several DVDs in the master bedroom, a CD-R labeled 'Hailey Dunn' found in Hailey's bedroom, two pink MP3 players found in Hailey's bedroom, a black MP3 player found in another bedroom inside the house, and a VHS tape labeled 'White Snake' with the name 'Pete' found in Hailey's closet.

The contents of the memory devices were not disclosed.

read warrants and more>>
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331216
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:41 am

I read a blog where one of Hailey's good friends offered to allow LE to see her computer.
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:20 pm

All Signs Point to Boyfriend in Hailey Dunn's Disappearance

Colorado City, TX - After remaining tight lipped Thursday about investigation into the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn, law enforcement in Colorado City may be ready to reveal new information about the case Friday. Investigators continue to be very sensitive about any information they release fearing it could compromise their case.
At this point, law enforcement tells us Hailey Dunn's case is primarily a criminal investigation. Texas DPS Senior Trooper Sparky Dean and City Manager Pete Kampfer have said there are several "persons of interest." The only one they're willing to name in Shawn Adkins, the boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother.

read more>
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331396
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:39 pm

Search Volunteers Make Special Memorial For Hailey Dunn

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Some volunteers have been looking for Hailey Dunn everyday for almost two weeks and now they've set up a special memorial they hope a little girl would like.

"All of us out here want her home," said volunteer Freda Radcliff, "It's emotional for us."

Volunteers are growing desperate, KTXS followed a group during their search for Hailey in Dunn two days ago. They were alone then, but were joined by law enforcement Thursday.

Texas Rangers and Sheriff's deputies who wouldn't go on camera wound down their search as the sunset but the volunteers stayed late to work on something special.

"We're wanting everyone who drives into Dunn to remember Hailey," Radcliff said.

read more>

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26489171/detail.html
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:58 pm

Law Enforcement, Volunteers Spend Hours Searching For Hailey Thursday

SCURRY COUNTY, Texas -- Around 5:30 p.m. Thursday, search crews started winding down, and Texas Rangers were heading back to plan out where to search Friday after both officials and volunteers put in hours Thursday to hunt for Hailey Dunn.

KTXS News crews spent the day in Colorado City Thursday.

Since KTXS first released the startling information found in law enforcement affidavits, the missing teen's mother, Billie Dunn, has refused to talk with us.

Billie Dunn was on the "Nancy Grace" show again Thursday night.

Meanwhile, we're told by family that Hailey's father, Clint Dunn, is still in Midland, following his own leads.

The search has intensified in the southern part of Scurry County.
Law enforcement officials were seen throughout the small town of Dunn, where Billie Dunn's former live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins is currently staying with his grandmother.
read more>

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26487531/detail.html
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:29 pm

Mom's boyfriend prays for missing teen's return

DALLAS (AP) - A man named as a person of interest in the case of a missing 13-year-old girl from West Texas says he is not responsible for her disappearance.

Twenty-5-year-old Shawn Adkins tells The Associated Press exclusively he would "never ever do anything to harm Hailey" Dunn, whose mother reported her missing Dec. 28 in Colorado City.

Adkins said Friday that he prays daily for Hailey's return.

Billie Dunn, Hailey's mother, told police that Adkins said he last saw the teen Dec. 27. Police say Hailey told Adkins she was walking to her father's home nearby and then to a friend's house where she was spending the night. Hailey did not arrive at either location.

Dunn denies involvement in her daughter's disappearance. No one has been arrested in the case.

http://www.kswo.com/Global/story.asp?S=13843632
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by kay58 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:36 pm

I have a friend who is with a group of volunteers right now in the search for Hailey, and have mentioned remains found off road 208. Can anyone confirm this? I am still praying she will be found safe! pray
kay58
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Job/hobbies : Sailing, white water rafting, scuba diving

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:46 pm

kay58 wrote:I have a friend who is with a group of volunteers right now in the search for Hailey, and have mentioned remains found off road 208. Can anyone confirm this? I am still praying she will be found safe!

kay.Wishing the searchers luck.Praying for Hailey
Source: Possible Bone Found Likely Not Connected to Dunn Case

KBST News in Big Spring is reporting a search party in Scurry County has discovered what could be a human bone.
KBST Station Manager Erica Morse tells us her radio station is reporting what appeared to be a "fresh bone" was found late Thursday. Morse says the bone was taken in by law enforcement for forensics testing.
Scurry County Sheriff Darren Jackson tells bigcountryhomepage.com he's not aware of a discovery of bones that could possibly be human. He went on to say he's not aware of anything of this nature or evidence being found.
Other law enforcement sources familiar with the case tell bigcountryhomepage.com that this likely wouldn't be connected with the case. If Hailey was deceased, her remains likely wouldn't be found in the form of bones, according to the source.

read more>
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331436
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by kay58 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:57 pm

Thank you mermaid55, I hadn't heard of any bones being found previous to this, my friend and other volunteers from my home town of Brownwood which is about 2 hours from Colorado City are still hopeful. pray
kay58
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Job/hobbies : Sailing, white water rafting, scuba diving

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:04 pm

i don't think it would be hailey - not enough time has passed IMO for decomposition to be at the bones point - esp in the cooler weather.

i haven't heard the results of the cellar search - has anyone?
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:12 pm

oviedo45 wrote:i don't think it would be hailey - not enough time has passed IMO for decomposition to be at the bones point - esp in the cooler weather.

i haven't heard the results of the cellar search - has anyone?

I read at WS the cellar was searched also the searchers were being run off the Adkins property.That search will have to be led by LE.
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:51 pm

the more that comes out the more i feel like something bad has happened - this is unfolding like alicia debolt, kayleah wilson and zahra - poor hailey
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:02 pm

NEW FACTS IN HAILEY DUNN CASE: New Document Shows What Was Seized From Vehicle

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Electric Tape, evidence filters, and debris on a sterile sheet were among the items seized from Billie Jean Dunn's trunk last Friday. KTXS Reported the seizure of that car Friday, January 7th, on KTXS News at Six.

Inventory sheets from investigators have been returned to the Mitchell County Judge, Ray Mayo. These were obtained today by KTXS through the Freedom of Information Act.

Investigators must legally submit what was taken after using a search warrant.

The following property was seized from the Dunn's white 2000 Chevrolet Lumina: -2 Rolls of black electrical tape. -1 Plastic purple cigarette lighter. -6 3M Trace Evidence Collection Filters with trace evidence from vehicle. -Misc. papers -1 Sterile Sheet with debris from trunk of vehicle.

It's not know why those items were taken, and the Texas Rangers have been very tight-lipped as the investigation into Hailey Dunn's disappearance continues.
http://www.ktxs.com/news/26495026/detail.html
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:07 pm

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331476

Photos: The Other Side of Shawn Adkins
5.0000/5 rating
Print Article
Reported by: Laura Kellerman
Friday, January 14 2011
Photos and videos posted found on Myspace.com, purportedly of Shawn Adkins, show him wearing a mask and wielding a knife in front of a storm cellar. The photos were posted by a relative, who is also seen in some of the images.

Adkins was the last person to see 13-year-old Hailey Dunn before she disappeared.

A family member of Dunn told investigators Adkins was obsessed with horror and slasher movies and watches them daily. Investigators confirmed he collects movie memorabilia from the "Halloween" movies.

Adkins belongs to a website called Michael-Myers.net, a forum for people who collect masks of the villain in the Halloween movies, a fellow user told Bigcountryhomepage.com.
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:21 pm

Help Find Hailey Dunn - Missing From Texas

http://www.facebook.com/find.hailey.dunn
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by oviedo45 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Boyfriend Now Considered Suspect in Hailey's Disappearance

Reported by: Austin Kellerman and Tiffany Tatro
Friday, January 14 2011
watch video

Colorado City, TX—Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer confirmed to KTAB News that the boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother is now considered a suspect in her disappearance.

Shawn Adkins has not been arrested or taken into custody.

"I would consider him a suspect," said Kampfer. "I would say he's at the top of the pyramid."

At this point, law enforcement tells us Hailey Dunn's case is primarily a criminal investigation. Texas DPS Senior Trooper Sparky Dean and Kampfer have said there are several "persons of interest."

"The focus has been around a lot of leads and information pertaining to Shawn," said Kampfer. There are still other persons of interest being investigated. They are still working on all the aspects related to the criminal side of the investigation."

Adkins is believed to be the last person to see Hailey alive on the afternoon of Monday, December 27. After failing a polygraph test, Adkins has been staying at a home in Dunn, Texas, After initially being open to interviews, he's no longer speaking out at the request of an attorney. On Friday morning, bigcountryhomepage.com obtained two internet videos that appear to show Adkins smoking pot, cursing, and posing in costume with knives.

Billie Dunn says she no longer knows what to think about the man she dated for so many months.
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331537
oviedo45
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum