Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANGEL MARIE LEVERENZ - 18 yo - Evans (Lake Erie shore; SW of Buffalo) NY

+8
Ownleeme2000
onehope
Chant
TaraJ
alwaysbelieve
mermaid55
TomTerrific0420
kiwimom
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ANGEL MARIE LEVERENZ - 18 yo - Evans (Lake Erie shore; SW of Buffalo) NY Empty ANGEL MARIE LEVERENZ - 18 yo - Evans (Lake Erie shore; SW of Buffalo) NY

Post by kiwimom Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:25 am

Massive search for missing teen underway

Multiple agencies helping conduct search

ANGEL MARIE LEVERENZ - 18 yo - Evans (Lake Erie shore; SW of Buffalo) NY Breaking_news_videoe537389a-451a-415b-8549-add56d988fc90000_20110324180742_320_240
Updated: Thursday, 24 Mar 2011, 7:13 PM EDT
EVANS, N.Y. (WIVB) - Town of Evans Police are searching for a missing
18-year-old girl who was reported missing on March 22nd. Police
found Angel Marie Leverenz's snow-covered car around noon Thursday on
South Creek Road in Evans. Police, fire officials, and the Erie County
Sheriff's helicopter are looking for Leverenz. She was last spoken to on
Monday, March 21st. Bloodhounds have been brought in from the Niagara
County Sheriff's office and ATVs are being used to comb the area.
Cold water rescue crews have now been called into search 18-mile Creek. Leverenz
is described as a white female, 5'5" and 110 pounds, with long brown
hair and brown eyes with a fair complexion. She does not wear glasses
and is on medication. Anyone with information on her whereabouts is
asked to call Evans Police at 549-3600. We'll bring you more information as we learn more.
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/erie/Massive-search-for-missing-teen-underway
kiwimom
kiwimom
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

ANGEL MARIE LEVERENZ - 18 yo - Evans (Lake Erie shore; SW of Buffalo) NY Empty Re: ANGEL MARIE LEVERENZ - 18 yo - Evans (Lake Erie shore; SW of Buffalo) NY

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:04 am

The discovery of a car belonging to a teenager
missing for days prompted Evans Police to launch a massive search for
the girl Thursday.

Angel Marie Leverenz's car was found parked on South Creek Road in North
Evans. The keys were in the ignition, but there was no sign of
Leverenz.

Evans Police received support from neighboring police departments and
Sheriff's Offices, and searched using bloodhounds and air units. The
search was called off after dark, but is expected to resume Friday
morning.

According to information from police, Levernez was last spoken to by family members on Monday, March 21.

She is a white female, 18 years old, about 5'5'' and weighs around 110
pounds. She has long brown hair, brown eyes and a fair complexion. She
is on medication, though police haven't specified what type.

If you have any information on her whereabouts, please call Evans Police at 549-3600.

http://www.wben.com/Discovery-of-Car-Prompts-Massive-Search-for-Missin/9472717
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

ANGEL MARIE LEVERENZ - 18 yo - Evans (Lake Erie shore; SW of Buffalo) NY Empty Re: ANGEL MARIE LEVERENZ - 18 yo - Evans (Lake Erie shore; SW of Buffalo) NY

Post by mermaid55 Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:56 pm

Divers and more search for missing teen

EVANS, NY (WIVB) - Right now about 100 people are searching for a missing teen in the Town of Evans.
Erie County Sheriff's Air One spent the morning searching for 18 year old Angel Marie Leverenz. The teen has been missing since Tuesday.
Evans police say with the temperatures dipping, they are worried about hypothermia setting in.
For the second day in a row, Evans police say K-9 units, ground teams and scuba divers are helping comb a six mile radius from where Angel's car was found. Evans police found the silver Honda on Thursday on South Creek road with her ID and keys still inside.
So far police say there are no signs of foul play.
Police say they are interviewing Angel's family, friends and anyone who knows her.
Evans police need your help, and ask you to call 549-3600 if you have seen Angel or know where she might be.
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/Desperate-search-for-teen-resumed-today
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:53 am

Latest info from the scene indicates that some of the contents of Angel's purse have been located a short distance away from the car along the banks of the 18 Mile Creek.
You can see from this Google SatMap that the area is fairly desolate with just a few houses. I have a feeling this will eventually become a murder investigation. I may take a run down there tomorrow if the weather cooperates....

View Larger Map
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:00 am

Careful Tom, you don't want to follow in Kronk's footsteps!!! Thanks to Baez I'd be too scared to help look these days. LYLAB.
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:30 am

kiwimom wrote:Careful Tom, you don't want to follow in Kronk's footsteps!!! Thanks to Baez I'd be too scared to help look these days. LYLAB.
---Thanks! I promise not to "relieve myself" in any wooded areas ANGEL MARIE LEVERENZ - 18 yo - Evans (Lake Erie shore; SW of Buffalo) NY 734772 . I just want to cruise around, I am not prepared to volunteer to search.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:19 am

Another day of searching for Angel Leverenz, the 18-year-old Angola
woman missing since Monday, concluded without success this evening in a
remote area along Eighteen Mile Creek in the Town of Evans, authorities
there reported.Leverenz ventured out with friends Monday, according to reports, and never returned.She
was reported missing by family members and on Thursday, her vehicle — a
silver Honda — was discovered with the keys still in it on South Creek
Road.Today, her purse and some other personal items were
retrieved from the shore of the creek, according to Evans Police Capt.
Charles Danzi.Search crews — which included more than 100 police
officers, firefighters and volunteers — combed the "tough terrain" today
but didn't find any sight of Leverenz.Evans Police and area
volunteer fire departments were assisted by the Erie County Sheriff's
Air One helicopter, K-9 units from area police departments, and State
Police and state forestry officers.The search is expected to
resume Saturday morning. Police have classified the case as a "missing
person" and reiterated there were no apparent signs of foul play.Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Evans Police at 549-3600.
http://www.buffalonews.com/city/communities/southern-erie/article376716.ece
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:14 pm

ANGEL MARIE LEVERENZ - 18 yo - Evans (Lake Erie shore; SW of Buffalo) NY ENLARGE_01leverenz.angel
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:20 pm

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/Police-Capt-describes-the-search-effort
Police Capt describes the search effort

Updated: Friday, 25 Mar 2011, 9:11 AM EDT
Published : Friday, 25 Mar 2011, 9:11 AM EDT

EVANS, NY (WIVB) - Search teams have
narrowed their focus to a 5 to 6 mile radius from the car on South
Creek Road. State Police, the Erie County Sheriff's and Evans
firefighters are joined by K-9 units, Air One, scuba teams, and forest
rangers in the search. With temperatures dropping, Danzi says time is
of the essence.

"The terrain - it's very hilly and dangerous.
If you're not used to walking that area, you can trip and fall and end
up in the creek," said Danzi. Police do not suspect foul play at
this time and are asking anyone with information to call the Evans
Police Department at 549-3600.
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:22 pm

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/Police-Capt-describes-the-search-effort

ANGEL MARIE LEVERENZ - 18 yo - Evans (Lake Erie shore; SW of Buffalo) NY Police_search_for_misse2d335a8-9bf0-4749-afc7-09c55cc6a6340002_20110325090815_640_480

ANGEL MARIE LEVERENZ - 18 yo - Evans (Lake Erie shore; SW of Buffalo) NY Police_search_for_misse2d335a8-9bf0-4749-afc7-09c55cc6a6340001_20110325090806_640_480

ANGEL MARIE LEVERENZ - 18 yo - Evans (Lake Erie shore; SW of Buffalo) NY Police_search_for_misse2d335a8-9bf0-4749-afc7-09c55cc6a6340000_20110325090755_640_480

ANGEL MARIE LEVERENZ - 18 yo - Evans (Lake Erie shore; SW of Buffalo) NY Police_search_for_misse2d335a8-9bf0-4749-afc7-09c55cc6a6340003_20110325090825_640_480
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by TaraJ Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:52 pm

I contacted the Evans police department and learned that there arent any missing persons flyers out there,the community isnt being encouraged to assist in the search and the family isnt planning on making a statement...something dosent seem right about this to me but for now its what we have to go on .I live about 30 minutes away and would be more then happy to help out in any possible way that im able to .

TaraJ
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:12 pm

Welcome to J4C ~ TaraJ (Neighbor, of sorts)!
Inside sources are indicating that there may be some involvement in her disappearance from a known suspect (a family member?).
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TaraJ Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:28 pm

Im praying that her family had nothing to do with this but with the way the police and the media are dealing with it im guessing that your right...its just sad !!

TaraJ
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:04 pm

Evans Police and search crews have suspended their search for a missing Angola woman.
Angel Marie Leverenz, 18, has been missing since Monday when she was last seen by her family members.
Police and crews have been searching for Leverenz for several days
now and have come to no avail. Police say they are still treating this
situation as a missing persons case, but are not actively looking, as
they have been.
A number of area agencies including State Police, Evans Police,
members of the DEC, and local volunteer fire companies started
canvassing the surrounding area where police found Leverenz's abandoned
vehicle.
The vehicle was found under an overpass on South Creek Road in the Town of Evans with the keys still in the ignition.
Search crews also found several of her personal items scattered around the area while searching on Friday.
Leverenz is 5'5" tall, weighs about 110 lbs. She has long, brown hair, brown eye and a fair complexion.
If anyone has any information on Leverenz's whereabouts, they're asked to call Evans Police at: 716-549-3600.
http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/115522/1/Angola-Teen-Still-Missing
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:18 pm

Here's a shot of the underpass that I believe (from video reports I have seen) that Angel's car was found under/near.
There would be no place to park it under the bridge without causing a major disruption to traffic. There is a bit of a clearing on the right before the next underpass. That's probably where it was located.

View Larger Map
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:33 pm

View Larger Map

Here is the GoogleEarth shot showing the underpass on the left and the creek area closest to the vehicle.
No matter what, it's 800-1000 feet either through the backyards or down the road.

I would like to know:
1) Was the car malfunctioning? If so, could she have sought help from one of those neighboring houses?
2) Have we forensically detailed the car for latents?
3) Why take stuff from your purse and leave the keys behind unless you are being forced away in a hurry?
4) Have we checked her texts? Looked for pings?
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:17 pm

Good questions Tom--it is very strange. For LE to suspend the search would lend me to believe they know something and are just keeping things under wraps for now.
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by Chant Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:49 pm

TomTerrific0420 wrote:Here's a shot of the underpass that I believe (from video reports I have seen) that Angel's car was found under/near.
There would be no place to park it under the bridge without causing a major disruption to traffic. There is a bit of a clearing on the right before the next underpass. That's probably where it was located.

View Larger Map

Hello All,

I live less than 10 minutes away from the scene, and I was wondering this too, as I drive South Creek Rd once in awhile. The fact that they found her car unlocked, with the keys and her ID sounds strange to me also. Who would do that, and then go hiking? My first thought was someone dumped the car there, and then dumped her personal belongs near the creek bed, a short distance from her vehicle, to throw the search off. They might have been also hoping that by leaving the keys, someone might come along and steal the car, further mudding the trail.

If this is the case, a better plan would have been to take the vehicle into Buffalo and dump it with the keys, where it had a better chance of it being stolen. Leaving it where it was, I think would be a sign that whoever did it didn't have the nerve to drive it that far (or couldn't because of the distance back home) and probably knows that area of South Creek fairly well if they felt comfortable enough to stage a scene there.

Just my theory - its hard to figure without more info on the case. I'd like to know exactly where her personal items where found in relation to the vehicle.
Also, one of the items found at the creek bed was her purse. Why would you remove your ID from your purse and leave it in the car, but then take your purse with you? This also sort of make me believe its possible she was attempting to leave a trail of her own. Which may be the case if she was with someone she didn't want to be with.

And know what was found out in the interviews of the family and friends.
I would also like to see if the family and friends organize their own search of the area now that the police have suspended their search.

Chant
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Job/hobbies : Private Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by onehope Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Chant wrote:
TomTerrific0420 wrote:Here's a shot of the underpass that I believe (from video reports I have seen) that Angel's car was found under/near.

View Larger Map

Hello All,

I live less than 10 minutes away from the scene, and I was wondering this too, as I drive South Creek Rd once in awhile. The fact that they found her car unlocked, with the keys and her ID sounds strange to me also. Who would do that, and then go hiking? My first thought was someone dumped the car there, and then dumped her personal belongs near the creek bed, a short distance from her vehicle, to throw the search off. They might have been also hoping that by leaving the keys, someone might come along and steal the car, further mudding the trail.

If this is the case, a better plan would have been to take the vehicle into Buffalo and dump it with the keys, where it had a better chance of it being stolen. Leaving it where it was, I think would be a sign that whoever did it didn't have the nerve to drive it that far (or couldn't because of the distance back home) and probably knows that area of South Creek fairly well if they felt comfortable enough to stage a scene there.

Just my theory - its hard to figure without more info on the case. I'd like to know exactly where her personal items where found in relation to the vehicle.
Also, one of the items found at the creek bed was her purse. Why would you remove your ID from your purse and leave it in the car, but then take your purse with you? This also sort of make me believe its possible she was attempting to leave a trail of her own. Which may be the case if she was with someone she didn't want to be with.

And know what was found out in the interviews of the family and friends.
I would also like to see if the family and friends organize their own search of the area now that the police have suspended their search.
Welcome Chant!
onehope
onehope

Job/hobbies : eating trolls for lunch

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:05 am

Yayy! Another Western New Yorker...that makes FOUR that I know of:
ME
alwaysbelieve
TaraJ
and now Chant!

Welcome...your input and perspective is always welcome!
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by Ownleeme2000 Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:29 pm

Her car was found next to the overpass. A area that fisherman park when going to that section of 18 mile creek. not uncommon to see cars there. also there are several sets of train tracks right above and also the very high railroad bridge over 18 mile creek a very short walk from there. so which family members did they mention?

Ownleeme2000
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by moosekrazy Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:41 pm

Former WNYer here, knew the Leverenz family growing up in Tonawanda.

From comments posted on the news reports, I think there is a lot the police and searchers are not saying.
moosekrazy
moosekrazy
Squirrel Hunter
Squirrel Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ownleeme2000 Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:11 pm

apparently she did not get along with several members of her family. also no mention by the police of the suicide notes she had left.they apparently were left in the car and at her home.

Ownleeme2000
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyfloridaopinion Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:30 pm

If the suicide notes are verified, this might be a very different type of situation.

One theory that might make me leave my keys in the car with an ID is if I was pulled over by a fake policeman who demanded to see my ID, then if I realized I was in imminent danger, I might start to run while still clutching my purse.
inmyfloridaopinion
inmyfloridaopinion

Job/hobbies : Family (and Zoo) Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by moosekrazy Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:40 pm

inmyfloridaopinion wrote:If the suicide notes are verified, this might be a very different type of situation.

One theory that might make me leave my keys in the car with an ID is if I was pulled over by a fake policeman who demanded to see my ID, then if I realized I was in imminent danger, I might start to run while still clutching my purse.

Very good point.

moosekrazy
moosekrazy
Squirrel Hunter
Squirrel Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next