Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LISA IRWIN - 10 months (2011) - Kansas City MO

+12
babyjustice
onehope
angelm07
Verogal
Annabeth
ladibug
TomTerrific0420
mom_in_il
oviedo45
kiwimom
alwaysbelieve
mermaid55
16 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

LISA IRWIN - 10 months (2011) - Kansas City MO - Page 2 Empty Re: LISA IRWIN - 10 months (2011) - Kansas City MO

Post by mom_in_il Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:58 pm

Police alter search for Lisa Irwin
Posted: 11:25 PM
Last Updated: 6 hours and 16 minutes ago
By: Larry Seward

KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City police shut down their command center where for three days they coordinated search efforts for missing 10-month-old Lisa Irwin.

A spokesman said police feel they have done all they can regarding geographic searches. Police will continue to track leads. However, they will do so without something significant, a spokesman said.

Thursday morning, Lisa Irwin’s parents freely spoke with reporters about the couple’s missing 10-month-old daughter. In tears, Lisa’s mom, Deborah Bradley begged for help.

“Please, please, please call the TIPS hotline if you know where she’s at and if you have her, just take her somewhere safe,” Bradley said.

For three days, the couple has been helping detectives and an army of law enforcement officers search woods and residences in the family’s neighborhood.

For three days, Irwin’s parents delivered the only solid leads for detectives.

For three days, they were cooperative until now, according to police.

“(The parents) decided to stop talking to detectives and I don’t have to illustrate how that, you know, affects the investigation,” said Captain Steve Young , KCPD spokesman. “It speaks for itself.”

Police refused to discuss what created the couple’s sudden silence.

“For three days I haven’t divulged details of the investigation,” Young said. “I’m not going to start now.”

Instead, police tore down crime scene tape protecting the Irwin’s home. They also closed the search operation’s command post. After three days, it’s clear the search for Lisa Irwin is changing.

Lisa Irwin's aunt insists the girl's parents have never stopped cooperating with police.

“We have never stopped cooperating with the police," Ashley Irwin said. "We’ve been cooperative from day one and we continue to assist the police with the investigation."

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/police-alter-search-for-lisa-irwin#ixzz1a7HrsBLA
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

LISA IRWIN - 10 months (2011) - Kansas City MO - Page 2 Empty Re: LISA IRWIN - 10 months (2011) - Kansas City MO

Post by mom_in_il Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:12 pm

Video: Police Say Lisa Irwin's Parents Not Cooperating

Kansas City Police Captain Steve Young talks to KMBC's Jana Corrie about Thursday night's news conference where police said that Lisa Irwin's parents were no longer cooperating with investigators.

http://www.kmbc.com/video/29415538/detail.html#ixzz1a7K0ZgQL

mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:31 pm

Lisa Irwin case: A few points of interest
Posted on October 7, 2011 by Valhall

With more than 72 hours passed since Lisa Irwin went missing, the investigation into her disappearance has taken a few abrupt turns. Some by way of statements made (and not made) by her parents, and others by way of statements made by KCPD Captain Steve Young. I’d like to just list a few things that I’ve noted that bother me (i.e. seem hinky to me).

In a report filed by John Pepitone with FOX 4 News out of Kansas City it was pointed out that if you take the statements made by law enforcement prior to interviews conducted with Lisa’s parents yesterday and then compare them to revelations made during those interviews, there appears to be a problem. Prior to the interviews yesterday, law enforcement had stated that “no other items” were taken from the home; just little Lisa. However, yesterday it was revealed by the parents in a media interview that three cell phones were taken. The couple states they discovered the three phones missing when they decided to call 911 after searching for the baby in and around the house.

I don’t personally find that they had 3 phones or that the 3 phones were all together hinky. Deborah Bradley, Lisa’s mother, states that one of the phones was not working and she had had them all together on a kitchen counter reprogramming one of them. This makes sense if the third phone was a new one and she was entering the phone numbers into it by going through the contact list on the other two phones, one of which was being replaced.

However, I have a big problem with the idea that someone would walk into a home (apparently either through the front door, or through a front window), turn on most of the lights in the house, abduct a baby while the mother sleeps in a nearby bedroom, and then take three cell phones. Of all the things you wouldn’t want with you, a cell phone which at any moment could be called and the ping track your location, is the last thing you’d want to take. Considering the intruder would not know one of the phones was not working, that would mean this abductor decided to triple the odds that an incoming call on any one of three phones could end up establishing their movement, or ultimate destination.

In the interview, Deborah speculates that maybe the phones were taken to try to prevent them from calling 911 once they discovered the baby missing. They also state that the phones being missing is what led to a “delay” in them calling 911. So my first question, one that I do not believe we have been given any information on, is…exactly how much time passed before a 911 call was made? If it was more than a few minutes, I’ve got a big problem. Because waking the neighbor up at 4 to 4:30 in the morning to get them to call 911 is exactly what I would do next if I found my only form of communication absent and my baby missing. So what is the time of the 911 call? How long after 4 am before it was made?

It is disturbing to hear that the missing cell phones may not have been originally reported to law enforcement. Does this mean that the police questioned the parents about why there was a time delay after 4 am before the baby was reported missing and then after a day (or 2) of questioning they reveal, not to the police, but to media, the reason (or excuse) for that delay?

That a person might walk into an unlocked front door in order to take a baby is not unbelievable. But something that does bother me is that the same person would walk back out through that front door carrying a baby they’ve just stolen. No mention has been made of any backdoor being unlocked or open, or even possibly an egress route for the abductor. In fact, statements to date have indicated the abductor left the way they came.

Of course, the whole idea that a baby abductor would walk in through the front door, flip on all kinds of lights in the house, steal baby, grab 3 cell phones and walk out the front door all is very hard to believe. This is beyond brazen, these would be acts of a person who is operating with impunity.

Another thing that changed in the accounts we’ve heard from the parents so far was the last time Lisa was seen. Originally we had heard that Deborah put Lisa to bed at 10:30 pm. However, yesterday Jeremy stated that Deborah put Lisa to bed at about 7 to 7:30, her normal bedtime, and then check on her at 10:30 before going to bed. Of course, Jeremy would have no firsthand knowledge of what actually happened after he went to work, right?

BUT, he could have been at home if the baby was put to bed at 7 to 7:30. If he was working a full 8 hour night shift and returned home at 4, that would place him going to work sometime around the 7 to 8 o’clock hour.

Deborah said something in an interview with media that perked my ears. She stated that at 10:30 pm when she either (according to which version you want to go with) put the baby to bed, or checked on her after previously putting her to bed, that 10:30 pm was “the last time we saw her”. Well, whose “we”? Is she actually referring to putting Lisa to bed at the earlier hour, when possibly Jeremy was still home? Did she really check on the baby at 10:30?

And I do, personally, have a problem with the idea that a sick 10-month-old baby (the parents report Lisa was sick and had a cough) could sleep from 7 pm to 4 pm and not awaken. A parent is pretty lucky when their 10-month-old baby is sleeping through the night consistently, they are extremely lucky when a sick baby with a cough sleeps through the night.

Another discrepancy that has come out between what Deborah states and what Jeremy states is where the older boys were. Deborah states she was sleeping with the boys (plural) in her bed. However, Jeremy states that when he got home and found the front door unlocked, the lights on and a front window open he first “checked on the boys” and then on Lisa. In addition, he explicitly states that Deborah was sleeping with the 5-year-old boy in her bed….indicating that she was not sleeping with the second boy. Why these differences?

In a statement made last evening by Captain Steve Young of the Kansas City Police Department he reported that the parents had “stopped cooperating”. Jeremy’s sister read a statement on his and Deborah’s behalf last evening that contradicted this and stated they had not stopped cooperating. However, in John Pepitone’s report yesterday, it was revealed that earlier in the day a witness at the Command Post had witnessed a very “animated” conversation between the parents and the police. Pepitone reports that there were raised voices, flailing arms and the conversation (argument?) ending with the parents getting in their vehicle and speeding off.

At this point I’m just watching this tragedy unfold. The above observations are not to state I’ve concluded Lisa’s parents did something to her, but they are points that make me go…hmmm. I personally don’t like discrepancies…not when they are connected with the last hours of a baby’s known whereabouts and the time at which the baby is discovered missing. I think the thing I’d really like to know is exactly how much time after 4 am passed before that 911 call was made?

Valhall.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/10/07/lisa-irwhin-case-a-few-points-of-interest/
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:42 pm

VIDEO: Baby's Parents Avoiding Local Media

POSTED: 12:20 pm CDT October 7, 2011
UPDATED: 12:24 pm CDT October 7, 2011

KMBC's Kerri Stowell reports that the parents of 10-month-old Lisa Irwin appear to be avoiding the local media's requests for interviews.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/video/29418736/detail.html#ixzz1a7R0PmzT
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:59 pm

Tip: Johnson County landfill search tied to Lisa Irwin case
Posted: 12:53 PM
Last Updated: 1 minute ago

By: Aaron Heintzelman

SHAWNEE, Kan. - Deffenbaugh Industries confirms law enforcement officers are searching their Johnson County landfill.

Earlier, NBC Action News received an anonymous tip the search is in connection to the case of Lisa Irwin, the 10-month-old Kansas City girl who was reported missing Tuesday morning.

LOOKING FOR LISA | Pictures of Lisa Irwin

The landfill is located near Interstate 435 and Holliday Drive in Shawnee, Kan., about 23 miles from Lisa's home in northern Kansas City.

It was not immediately clear what may have brought investigators to the landfill or what exactly they’re looking for.

Lisa Irwin’s parents reported her missing Tuesday morning when her father, Jeremy Irwin, says he returned to his home in the 3600 block of North Lister Avenue from work to find her not inside her crib. He says lights were on in the house and the front door was unlocked.

Investigators with the Kansas City Police Department and FBI have spent the past three days looking for the girl.

Police said Thursday Lisa’s parents had ceased their cooperation with the investigation, but Friday morning on NBC’s Today Show, Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, Lisa’s mother, insisted they have continued to cooperate .

Authorities have not named any suspects in the case.

Skytracker is headed to the landfill and we have ground crews headed there as well. We'll post more information here as soon as it becomes available.

Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=embed&saddr=3600+n+lister+avenue+kansas+city+mo&daddr=Interstate+435+%26+Holliday+Dr,+Shawnee,+KS+66217&hl=en&geocode=FQuKVQIdPKld-inlOrRgg_nAhzHD7wotZdGd6g%3BFX21UwIdKqpZ-imtEvB7a5LAhzFi4cATBNasFg&aq=&sll=39.040486,-94.786885&sspn=0.009716,0.026157&vpsrc=6&mra=ls&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=39.10662,-94.597778&spn=0.372973,0.583649&z=10

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/Tip-Johnson-County-landfill-search-tied-to-Lisa-Irwin-case#ixzz1a7aQm7GT
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:27 pm

Live link to landfill search: http://www.kctv5.com/category/215375/kctv5-livestream-mva2

More than a dozen law enforcement officers searching landfill in white protective suits
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:44 pm

NBCActionNews NBC Action News
FBI confirms landfill search in relation to #LisaIrwin case; Is second time they've searched it this week pub.vitrue.com/qO6
7 minutes ago

NBCActionNews NBC Action News
FBI & KCPD leaving Johnson County landfill after search in #LisaIrwin case pub.vitrue.com/78Q
6 minutes ago
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:22 pm

FBI agents searched a Kansas landfill on Friday in connection with the disappearance of a 10-month-old Missouri girl, whose parents said was snatched from her crib three days ago.

Agents and Kansas City police were searching the Deffenbaugh Industries landfill in the suburb of Shawnee, FBI spokeswoman Bridget Patton said. She declined to discuss details, citing the ongoing investigation.

She said it was the second time the agency had been at the landfill, which investigators also searched Tuesday - the same day Lisa Irwin was reported missing - and that it wasn't uncommon to search an area several times.

"They are just going out there making sure they are completely thorough," Patton said.

Deffenbaugh Industries spokesman Tom Coffman
said authorities arrived at the landfill around noon and stayed for
about two hours. He said investigators searched a 20- to 30-acre area.

The search came just hours after Lisa's mother, Deborah Bradley, told The Associated Press that police told her she failed a lie detector test and accused her of being involved in her baby's disappearance.
Bradley said police never showed her the results
of the test and denied knowing anything about what happened to her
daughter. She and the Lisa's father, Jeremy Irwin, said their daughter was abducted sometime late Monday night or early Tuesday morning.

"They said I failed (a polygraph test)," Bradley,
25, said. "And I continued to say that's not possible because I don't
know where she's at and I did not do this."

Irwin, 28, said he also offered to take a test but police said it wasn't necessary.

Kansas City police spokesman Steve Young declined to comment Friday on whether the parents have been tested, citing the ongoing investigation.

Bradley and Irwin, both dressed in jeans and
sweatshirts, held hands and appeared close to tears several times
during the 20-minute interview. They reiterated that their main focus
was "to bring Lisa home."

"We need her. We have to have her. She's our link that ties everybody together," Irwin said.

They said police have treated them like suspects
and that Bradley in particular has been preparing for the possibility
of charges being filed against her. The mother said detectives told
her: "You did it. You did it. And we have nothing.'"

Irwin, an electrician, said he returned from work
around 4 a.m. Tuesday and discovered Lisa was missing. Bradley said
she last checked on the child around 10:30 p.m., then fell asleep in
her bed with her 6-year-old son and a stray kitten they found earlier
in the day.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/10/07/2011-10-07_fbi_is_looking_for_missing_missouri_toddler_lisa_irwin_in_kansas_landfill_for_a_.html?r=news/national

kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:49 pm

TomTerrific0420 wrote:This was such an unusual case from the beginning.
I was immediately drawn to the conclusion of parental involvement but did not say anything publicly.
Stranger abductions of this type are so few and far between that it was not credible, in my mind, that someone not connected to the child would be involved.
Now, where is she?

Yes I've said that from the git go. The parents are involved somehow, I have no doubt.
Where is this precious child is the question now.
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:45 am

KANSAS CITY, Mo.—
Time is running out in the search for little Lisa Irwin, says a retired FBI agent and private security consultant.

Michael Tabman spent 24 years with the FBI, and is now a private security
consultant and author. He says that in the case of missing 10-month-old
Lisa Irwin, he was initially optimistic that the child would soon be
found. But now he says that he's not so sure.

TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:56 pm

Go Inside Baby Lisa's Home

POSTED: 10:31 am CDT October 8, 2011
UPDATED: 10:43 am CDT October 8, 2011

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- "Good Morning America's" Dan Harris was allowed to go inside the home of Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley.

Watch his report.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29427206/detail.html#ixzz1aCqyqUkd
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:14 pm

Missing Baby Lisa: Teen Questioned as Police Look Into California Tip

By CHRISTINA NG
Oct. 8, 2011

Authorities are looking into two new leads today in the case of a missing 10-month-old Missouri baby.

Lisa Irwin has been missing from her Kansas City home since Monday night.

On Friday, a teenage neighbor of Lisa's parents was questioned by investigators and forensic experts took a DNA sample, a source told ABC News. That neighbor was apparently at the home the day Lisa vanished and also knew the access code to the family's garage.

However, police said they still have no suspects.

Investigators are also looking into reports from the west coast, where a couple was seen with a small child fitting Lisa's description, relative Mike Lerette told ABC affiliate KMBC-TV.

"They're pursuing surveillance tape on a couple with the baby in California," said Lerette.

FBI Special agent and ABC News consultant Brad Garrett said the first of those leads is a more feasible possibility than the second from California.

"I can tell you based on experience of working high profile abductions that you get leads from literally all over the world. Is that possible? Of course it's possible. Is it likely? I don't think so," Garrett said. "I think this situation is probably going to stay within the Kansas City area."

Earlier on Friday, the FBI and police searched through a landfill for a second time, but found nothing.

Agents armed with metal detectors were back at the home shared by Lisa's parents, Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley.

Police are not commenting but the leads could be the first real progress since Tuesday -- when Jeremy Irwin said he came home from working an overnight shift and found his daughter's crib empty, a window open and the family's three cell phones gone.

"The windows were open and lights were on and she was nowhere to be found," Irwin told "Good Morning America" Thursday. "We've been going over everything in our minds. We just don't have any idea."

Irwin said that his front door was unlocked when he returned home from work as an electrician at 4 a.m. to find his daughter missing.

On Friday, Lisa's mother, Deborah Bradley said that police accused her of having done something to her child.

"From the start when they've questioned me, once I couldn't fill in gaps, it turned into 'You did it, you did it,'" Deborah Bradley told "Good Morning America." "They took a picture down from the table and said, 'Look at your baby! And do what's right for her!' I kept saying I don't know ... I just sat there. I didn't even ask to leave. I just let them keep asking questions."

Bradley also said police accused her of failing a polygraph test. Police said they could not comment on this claim, but said Bradley is "free to say whatever she wants."

Bradley, who sobbed through her interview with "GMA," spoke out after Kansas City police said Bradley and the toddler's father Jeremy Irwin had stopped cooperating on Thursday.

The parents told "GMA" they have not ended their cooperation with police.

"If they say they're willing to continue speaking with detectives, I say great. Our door is open," Police Capt. Steve Young told ABCNews.com this morning. "Their involvement in the case is the best thing for this case. Our only goal is to find this little girl."

Young said detectives would be happy to resume conversations with Lisa's parents, but added, "We still haven't heard from the mother or father as of this morning."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-teen-questioned-police-california-tip/story?id=14695496
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Annabeth Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:29 pm

LISA IRWIN - 10 months (2011) - Kansas City MO - Page 2 Fox4logo_normal
fox4wdaf FOX 4 News by PamsBluemoon

Missing Baby's Extended Family Discusses Mom's Past: FOX 4 is learning new details about Deborah Bradley's family

Annabeth
Annabeth

Job/hobbies : Being a Dingbat takes all my time

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:32 am

KANSAS CITY, Mo--On Saturday,
police in Kansas City said they had talked extensively to the parents of
Lisa Irwin, the infant who went missing from her home on Monday night.
That development is significant, because on Thursday night, authorities
told the media the girl's parents had stopped cooperating with them.

Little
Lisa vanished from her crib Monday night and police have said they
literally do not have a clue where she is, who took her, or how a
kidnapper could have so easily navigated through the family's house
without knowing it to snatch the child.

Meanwhile, authorities continue pouring over 250 leads. So far though, none has proved helpful.

Also
on Saturday, authorities continued to question neighbors in the area.
Authorities were also seen using metal detectors on the family's
property, but they won't say why they are using the devices.
http://www.ksn.com/mostpopular/story/Parents-of-missing-Kansas-City-baby-talking-to/yQ3Op-rr0Um0d8jWE8q7IQ.cspx
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:04 pm

Searchers comb property for missing baby Lisa Irwin
By MARK MORRIS and EDWARD M. EVELD
The Kansas City Star

Crime scene investigators continued searching after dark Saturday inside and outside the home of missing 10-month-old Lisa Irwin, and her parents sat down with detectives Saturday for the first time since Thursday.

But Capt. Steve Young, a police spokesman, said that after looking into the best of 250 tips, police could report no breaks in the case.

“Unfortunately, none of them have led to anything good,” he said.

Detectives met with Lisa’s parents, Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin, late Saturday afternoon, a development that Young said was crucial.

“It’s the best thing for everybody in trying to find this child,” Young said. “We couldn’t be happier about it.”

The couple also consented to additional searches at the house, he said.

Police said Thursday that the couple weren’t cooperating. The next day the parents told national morning television shows that they had been cooperating but that Irwin had asked for a break in questioning.

Just before 6 p.m. Saturday, investigators used metal detectors to scan the front and back yards of the home in the 3600 block of North Lister Avenue. Police continued their search through the evening, including calling for a fire department ladder so they could check the house’s gutters and roof vents.

Crime scene tape was no longer around the property. Two small signs in the front yard included handwritten messages: “Bring Lisa home” and “Find Lisa.” Yellow ribbons were tied on trees and on a flagpole in the front yard.

Irwin returned from work as an electrician about 4 a.m. Tuesday and found that Lisa was gone. Police launched a massive search and questioned the couple closely about their activities that morning and the previous day.

Mike LeRette, Bradley’s cousin and a spokesman for the family, told The Kansas City Star that family members had planned to scale back their media interviews for the time being and focus on generating tips for police.

LeRette sought to ease any apparent tensions that may have existed between Bradley, father Jeremy Irwin and police. The family is not unhappy with the police investigation and continues to pass along its leads and ideas, LeRette said, adding that Irwin spoke with police and the FBI a couple of times Friday.

“We don’t get any feedback, but we’re not dissatisfied,” LeRette said. “We’re in the dark like everyone else.”

LeRette said lawyers are now working with the family to set up a trust fund for donations for a reward fund.

Family members sense that the volume of tips to authorities has fallen off in the last couple of days, and they hope a generous reward fund will encourage more tips.

“It seems like they’re running out of good leads, so why not give them more?” LeRette asked. “We’re one phone call away. One person calls in and maybe she’s in our arms later today.”

Kansas City resident Joe Robinson watched the work of investigators Saturday night as he distributed fliers about Lisa. Titled “Kidnapped,” they showed photos of Lisa and her description: blue eyes, blond hair, 30 inches tall and 30 pounds.

“I’m just like everybody else,” he said. “I want to know where this child is.”

Investigators first ran metal detectors around the family’s Northland yard Friday, and FBI agents searched a landfill for the second time for trash from the neighborhood.

Young said Saturday that the landfill search turned up nothing significant and was done as a precaution.

In addition to the reward fund, the family hoped to focus this weekend on getting fliers and photographs of Lisa into the hands of anyone who may have seen either her or her abductor.

LeRette said up to 8,000 fliers a day have been printed since Tuesday. Some have gone to truck stops so drivers could distribute them far and wide.

“Everybody is pulling together and we’re trying to get the information out there so we can get a phone call with good news,” LeRette said.

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/10/08/2054251/police-now-interviewing-baby-lisa.html#ixzz1aIyiXG4x
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Statistics: Mo. baby unlikely taken by stranger
Updated at 10:36 AM today

AP

October 9, 2011 (KANSAS CITY, Mo.) -- Decades of statistics on infant abductions in the U.S. suggest one of the least likely scenarios in this week's disappearance of a Kansas City baby is that a stranger broke into her home and quietly snatched her from her crib.

But the numbers also lead national experts to believe that if 10-month-old Lisa Irwin were taken by an intruder in the middle of the night, as her parents told investigators, she is likely still alive.

Lisa's parents, Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, reported their daughter missing early Tuesday. Their relationship with investigators chilled late Thursday, when police said the parents had stopped cooperating. The couple quickly insisted they only needed a break from incessant police questioning.

On Saturday, the parents again met with detectives, Kansas City police spokesman Capt. Steve Young said. He called that a crucial development in the case in subsequent comments reported by The Kansas City Star.

"It's the best thing for everybody in trying to find this child," Young was quoted as saying. "We couldn't be happier about it." The couple also consented to additional searches of the house, he added.

He also said police had received hundreds of tips, reviewed the best of them, but had no breaks in the case.

Strangers who kidnap infants or young children, though rare, often do so because they want a child of their own, not because they intend to hurt or kill the child, said David Finkelhor, director of the Crimes Against Children Research Center at the University of New Hampshire.

"The recovery rate for infants is very, very high. There is real hope here," added Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Arlington, Va.

But the experts acknowledge that investigators often focus on close relatives when a baby goes missing, in part because statistics show that far more infants and young children are killed by a parent than a stranger.

"Suspicion almost always falls heavily on the parents, especially when it's young kids," Finkelhor said. "Fifteen hundred parents kill their kids every year, and that's heavily focused on the under 1 year of age category."

Allen said his organization has handled 278 infant abduction cases during his nearly three decades with the group. Only 13 cases involved a stranger coming into a home and taking a baby, and all but one of those children were recovered unharmed.

A day earlier, Bradley told The Associated Press that police had accused her of being involved in her daughter's disappearance, which she vehemently denies, and told her she failed a lie detector test. The couple told the AP police have treated them like suspects, and Bradley said detectives told her: "'You did it. You did it. And we have nothing."'

Investigators said they have no solid leads or suspects despite an extensive search that has included hundreds of officers scouring the family's quiet Kansas City neighborhood, nearby woods and a landfill. Young said investigators with metal detectors were back at the family's home Saturday, but no new substantial leads have come in.

The baby's parents announced Saturday they were organizing a reward, hoping it would lead to new information, and that they'd be doing less media interviews.

Bradley has said she checked on her daughter around 10:30 p.m. Monday. Irwin, an electrician, said he discovered the child missing around 4 a.m. Tuesday when he got home from working a late-night shift, prompting a frantic search of their home.

But all they discovered was that many of the home's lights were on, a window was open and the front door was unlocked. The couple later said three cellphones also were missing, which police said produced no solid leads.

Allen and Finkelhor said that with little to go on, it's natural for investigators to turn their focus to Bradley, who was the last person to see her little girl before she went missing.

Finkelhor noted that in some cases, parents have concocted stories about a kidnapping after accidentally killing their child instead of facing the tragedy.

"Sometimes what happens when the parent was involved, the death wasn't intentional but involved a kind of serious negligence," he said. "The responsible parent is so ashamed and maybe ashamed toward the spouse that they decide to dispose of the body and then report it as a missing child."

But Allen cautioned against jumping to conclusions, despite the long odds against a stranger abduction.

"Once the spotlight focuses on parental wrongdoing, the public perception is this is a murder. The focus goes away from the little girl and goes to the parent," he said. "That's why in these situations, police are doing exactly what they should do, pursuing every lead ... If Lisa is out there, we need to do whatever we can to find her."

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/national_world&id=8384840
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:29 pm

KCTVPhotog_Josh Josh Collins
Police just entered #LisaIrwin home again.
46 minutes ago

More police arriving at #LisaIrwin home. yfrog.com/oc9wnqj
35 minutes ago

Police shooting exterior video of #LisaIrwin home. yfrog.com/j2kq9fjj
26 minutes ago

kshbphotog Brandon Billinger
Detectives appear to see if someone could have climbed through the window in #LisaIrwin home. @NBCActionNews yfrog.com/nxlagaej
8 minutes ago

mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:19 pm

Detectives back at Irwin home, recreating abduction

Posted: 12:58 PM
Last Updated: 2 minutes ago

By: Kevin Mitchell

Police were back at the home of missing infant Lisa Irwin Sunday, and appeared to be trying to recreate the alleged kidnapping scene.

At least six detectives and four police cars could be seen at the home Sunday afternoon, and arrived with their lights flashing.

Detectives examined the window of Lisa Irwin’s bedroom by pushing it. They also climbed through the window, and one officer was seen hoisting another through the window. The window has been called the point-of-entry for the kidnapping by Irwin’s parents.

Officers also went through the interior and exterior of the home, videotaping what they saw.

Irwin’s parents were not at the home while police were there.

In Kansas City, Kan., at the Kansas Speedway, flyers were being given out by Irwin’s aunt, Ashley Irwin. T-shirts were also being sold for $15. The money from the shirts is supposed to go to a reward fund, which has not been officially set up yet.

Lisa Irwin’s parents were also absent from the Speedway.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/detectives-back-at-irwin-home%2C-recreating-abduction#ixzz1aJHVGA1F
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Investigators in the case of missing 10-month-old Lisa Irwin said
they re-created a possible kidnapping scenario at her parents' home in
Kansas City, Mo.
Detectives and FBI agents re-staged a break-in Sunday, climbing
through a window to gain access to the home of Jeremy Irwin and Deborah
Bradley, ABC News reported Monday.

Lisa disappeared Oct. 3,

Investigators broke in to test the story told by the infant's parents
-- that a kidnapper entered their home and took her while Irwin was at
work and Bradley slept.

In the scenario re-created by investigators, the intruder could have
entered through a window, walked through the kitchen and a doorway and
toward the nursery.

Police have been suspicious of the parents' story, ABC News said.

Bradley said police accused her of having done something to her child
and of failing a lie-detector test. Police said they could not comment
on Bradley's allegations and that she's "free to say whatever she
wants."

The relationship between police and the child's parents has been
rocky, with Irwin and Bradley cooperating on and off, but as of Saturday
they were meeting with investigators once again, ABC News said.

Police said they've received more than 250 tips since the child's disappearance was reported.

"We're chasing down the ones we can but still unfortunately nothing has really come from them," said Capt. Steve Young of the Kansas City Police Department.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/10/10/Police-re-enact-babys-possible-kidnapping/UPI-40791318252332/#ixzz1aOVoBnc1
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:48 pm

toward the nursery.
Maybe it's the same person who took HaLeigh Cummings...NOT!
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:01 pm

TomTerrific0420 wrote:
toward the nursery.
Maybe it's the same person who took HaLeigh Cummings...NOT!

I think your right Tom and I wish THE PARENTS, would tell us what they did with these beautiful babies.

alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:24 pm

http://twitter.com/#!/EricKCTV5

Eric Chaloux
EricKCTV5 Eric Chaloux
#LisaIrwin update:Police search wooded area along property line behind family's home. Crime scene van has arrived.
2 hours ago
»
Eric Chaloux
EricKCTV5 Eric Chaloux
Now a crime scene van has pulled up to #LisaIrwin home. Half dozen detectives in backyard. You can hear a clanging sound of glass bottles.
2 hours ago
»
Eric Chaloux
EricKCTV5 Eric Chaloux
Cops back at #LisaIrwin home in KC. Detective back behind house. You can't see what he's doing.

alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:31 pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20118008-504083.html

Investigators spent Sunday searching for clues, arriving at the Irwin home at midday. Detectives re-enacted the reported abduction by going into the house via the baby's window, where a purported kidnapper entered.

At the same time, police were called to Edwardsville, Kansas on a tip. Detectives searched a wooded area where it went into the Kansas River.

Police said they received information that it is where baby Lisa's father had a job recently; they left empty handed, reports CBS affiliate KCTV.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20118008-504083.html

(Bolded by poster)
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:44 pm

Eric Chaloux
EricKCTV5 Eric Chaloux

A grand jury will hear evidence in #LisaIrwin case.KCTV5 asked to provide interviews and video. http://twitpic.com/6yir5i
8 minutes ago
»
Eric Chaloux
EricKCTV5 Eric Chaloux

#LisaIrwin CSI tech had a camera in backyard at family's home. He left. Detectives remain. Now searching neighbor's property.
1 hour ago

alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysbelieve Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:59 pm

http://www.kctv5.com/slideshow?widgetId=37672&slideshowImageId=3
alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next