Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I do what I do...

+3
So_Cal
babyjustice
mom.wife.nurse.
7 posters

Go down

Why I do what I do... Empty Why I do what I do...

Post by mom.wife.nurse. Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:28 pm

Every day I had the same routine. yawn I would get up, make breakfast, get my husband off to work, get my kids up and ready for the day/off to school, get my coffee, and sit down and read through various news websites on my computer while my two youngest children colored or watched cartoons. coffee I grew up in North Dakota, only to move to Iowa as an adult, and I feel as though I may have been sheltered from a lot of the evil that exists in the world. Being this naive woman, I was shocked at the amount of child deaths that occurred at the hands of their caregivers. shock Often times by their own mothers! sick Every day I would read another horrible nightmare, and I found myself getting more and more angry. At first I decided I would change my routine and just not read the news anymore, so I wouldn't get upset. After lengthy discussions with my husband about it, I realized that by ignoring the problem, it was only making it worse for me. I decided I had to figure out a way I could help stop this from continuing. I weighed all my options, trying to figure out what I should go back to school for so I could dedicate my work to stopping these monsters. In my research I discovered that by becoming a social worker, lawyer, or police officer, it would only put me face to face with the situations without being able to actually do anything outside of the law. Unfortunately there are laws in place that can sometimes help protect these scumbags. pull hair I diligently researched every job prospect, and weighed the pros and cons of each one, and how effective each profession had on murdered or abused children. Sadly, the cons far outweighed the pros in each instance. masonjar
After weeks of research and disappointment, I cuddled up with my three beautiful children on our oversized couch with a feeling of helplessness. As I lay snuggled up to my little girl, I kissed her forehead and she looked up at me and told me she loved me and gave me one of her best neck hugs. I squeezed her back and told her I loved her too. kisses It was in that moment that I thought about all the innocent little ones that lived their whole lives never getting the chance to be loved unconditionally, the way I loved my children. I knew then what I could do to make a difference. Since I couldn't stop all the evil from happening, I needed to give the only thing I had to give.
The next two years were a blur. play I went through two years of night school, so I wouldn't have to sacrifice any time away from my own family. I was there every morning for breakfast, every afternoon as my son got off the bus, every evening at the dinner table as my husband got home from work, and every night to read the bedtime story and tuck them into their beds. I graduated almost a year ago now, and can't imagine ever doing anything different with my life. tears
I decided that the only way I can bring peace to my heart is to be a labor and delivery nurse, so I can love each and every baby that I help bring into the world. For three days each week, I get to help bring babies into this world, love the heck out of them, and be ensured that even though I can't control what happens when they leave the hospital, each child was truly loved unconditionally for the three days while they were in my care. sad hug I get to spend hours rocking them in the nursery, feeding them, soothing them, and smelling their sweet newborn baby smell. Each and every baby receives a kiss on the forehead and an "I love you" before they leave. I'd be lying if I said that some days it isn't hard to let them go, but it brings such joy and peace to my heart knowing they leave loved. heart tears
mom.wife.nurse.
mom.wife.nurse.
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Why I do what I do... Empty Re: Why I do what I do...

Post by babyjustice Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:33 pm

What a sweet story and such a positive way to respond to all the horrible abuse we've all heard about. Welcome and thanks so much for sharing your story.

babyjustice
Supreme Commander of the Universe
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by So_Cal Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:13 pm

Wow - tears are welling up from reading your story. Thank YOU for doing what you do (I'm sure you don't hear that near enough) and welcome to our blog. Why I do what I do... 577177

By the way - your children are ADORABLE!!! how precious Why I do what I do... 616541
So_Cal
So_Cal
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

Post by Darla*Silva Wed May 30, 2012 3:47 am

that is a very lovely story and thank you for being someone there to give love unconditionally to these babies that may never recieve it at any other time in their preciouse little lifes. I to would love to make some kind of difference. Sadly I do not know what that is at this point. I have lost my first and only grandchild to a brutual murder and fight the pain and anger daily. I just want to rescue these children. They are senseless acts of violence on the most precious gift god could give us. I really need to do more soul searching. It is nice to know that others care and are making a difference. Thank you for sharing. Maybe there is still hope for me yet.

Darla*Silva
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernlw Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:39 pm

This is a beautiful story.

I have a similar one, except I chose social worker. I can't decided if I want to work as the kind that investigates abuse, or as a counselor for the abused, but one way or another my population of choice is traumatized kids.

Gingernlw
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycube Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:20 am

This is nice story and very well shared with the help of social network every new beginner start with this on this platform.

jaycube
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by angelm07 Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:18 pm

mom.wife.nurse.
I am just so happy for all that you do for the babies. I am also glad that you joined our forum and shared this beautiful story.
angelm07
angelm07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum