Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO

+2
ladibug
angelm07
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO - Page 3 Empty Dylan Redwine’s remains found in forest

Post by willcarney Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:30 pm

Sheriff: Dylan Redwine’s remains found in forest
Posted on: 2:03 pm, June 27, 2013, by Web Staff,
DENVER — The La Plata County sheriff’s office said Thursday they have found the remains of Dylan Redwine, a teenager who went missing in November near a small southern Colorado town.

Sheriff’s Office spokesman Dan Bender said a search team found several items while looking in the Middle Mountain area near Vallecito, where Dylan wet missing in November.

They were sent to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation for identification. “Some of those items were human remains and they were able to identify those as being the remains of Dylan Redwine,” Bender said.

“Our hearts and prayers go out to the family at this difficult time,” Bender said adding that deputies are treating the discovery as a criminal investigation and not as an accident.

Bender said Dylan’s parents were called to Durango to hear the news Wednesday.

“We are pursuing this as a criminal investigation and not as an accident,” Bender said. “We are going to be as vigilant as ever in pursuing this criminal investigation.”
Members of the LaPlata County Sheriff’s Office spent the last five days searching for clues related to Dylan’s disappearance.

DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO - Page 3 Middle-mtsearcharea
The Middle Mountain area near Vallecito, where Dylan Redwine’s remains were found. (Photo: La Platta County Sheriff’s Office)

Dylan Redwine, who was 13-year-old at the time, was last seen near his father’s home in Vallecito Thanksgiving weekend.

They searched an area ranging in altitude from 8,000 to 11,000 feet in rugged terrain that consists of deep canyons and dense forest.

Bender said the search was not based on any recent tips or new information. It was part of a series of follow-up searches conducted in the Vallecito area since snows melted in the spring.

Search for Dylan became televised fight between parents

In the weeks after Dylan’s disappearance, community members banded together to try and find him with volunteer search teams and even a $50,000 reward offer.

Bender has said that both of Dylan’s parents have cooperated with authorities, but they have also engaged in a public blame game.

Dylan’s parents are divorced.  Dylan was visiting his father for Thanksgiving when he went missing.

His parents appeared on the Dr. Phil Show in February and accused each other of complacency.

“I’ve had suspicions that Elaine could be involved in this,” Mark Redwine said on the show, mentioning Dylan’s mother. “I didn’t lose Dylan.”

“Then why is he gone?” Elaine Redwine boomed.

“That’s a question we all have to ask,” Mark said. “But…”

“No!” Elaine interjected. “You don’t have to ask that question! You had him! Where is he?”

Investigators have never named Mark or Elaine as suspects in Dylan’s disappearance. However, the TV appearance did reveal that Dylan likely led a turbulent home life before he went missing.

Mark Redwine has asserted that he believes Dylan was abducted when he was walking to a friend’s house six miles away from his property near Vallecito Lake.

http://kdvr.com/2013/06/27/authorities-plan-announcement-regarding-redwine-disappearance/

I would have rather seen him found alive but at least there's closure on the not knowing.  William
willcarney
willcarney
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO - Page 3 Empty Re: DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO

Post by twinkletoes Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:59 pm

I knew this poor boy was dead.  I think the father murdered him and thought the remains would not ever be found, at least for years.  He waited to speak out until the body had fully decomposed and the animal and insects had time to destroy any evidence.  

I pray they can find evidence that leads to an arrest.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO - Page 3 Empty Re: DYLAN REDWINE - 13 yo - Vallecito / Colorado Springs CO

Post by tinalovesnick Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:26 pm

He also knew that road where Dylan was found was going to be closed December 1st until spring. This is so sad. :-(
tinalovesnick
tinalovesnick
Pizza Delivery! Ding Dong!

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:25 pm

Poor child. I hope they can determine a cause of death. Do they have all of his bones?
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by tinalovesnick Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:33 pm

Last I heard from an interview with the POS father is that they only had 2% of his remains.
tinalovesnick
tinalovesnick

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:16 am

Coroner: Remains don't reveal how 13-year-old Dylan Redwine died
Posted: 07/03/2013

LA PLATA COUNTY, Colo. - The coroner says her office has been unable to determine how 13-year-old Dylan Redwine died based on the remains recently recovered near the mountain town of Vallecito in southwest Colorado.

Last week, authorities announced DNA confirmed bones recovered during a five-day search in high, rugged terrain off Middle Mountain Road were Dylan's. They were found in a drainage less than 10 miles from his father's home, where he reportedly disappeared.

"So far, the items that have been found are not enough to make an actual cause of death or manner of death," La Plata County Coroner Jann Smith told the Colorado Springs Gazette. The manner of death is a ruling on whether a death is a homicide, accident or suicide.

"Until (the) investigation goes a little further, we may not know exactly what happened to Dylan," Smith added.

The La Plata County Sheriff's Office has not said what other items were found during the search, but they are treating the case as a homicide investigation.

"The information we have is there is no reason for Dylan to go to Middle Mountain and there is no indication he did it on his own," sheriff's spokesman Dan Bender said.

Sheriff's officials said last week that investigators spent four days thoroughly combing the area where the remains were found and they are confident they have retrieved all of the remains that were there.

Bender said there were a few sheriff's investigators on Middle Mountain Wednesday, but they were just doing follow-up work. All major searches in the area for any additional evidence or remains have been suspended.

The teen disappeared in November while visiting his father during Thanksgiving week. The boy's parents are divorced and Dylan, his mother and brother had moved to Monument.

Dylan's disappearance triggered widespread searches of La Plata County by law enforcement and hundreds of volunteers.

Early in the missing person case, investigators said they had determined that Dylan did not run away. Authorities have not explained how they reached that conclusion.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/coroner-remains-dont-reveal-how-dylan-redwine-died

ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:37 am

I knew from day one that this would end up in this thread. Poor boy.

This is just one of those cases that touch my heart. He was so unhappy when he died.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri May 16, 2014 8:35 pm

Mark Redwine explains SWAT hallucination and quest to find all of his son's remains

By Kirk Mitchell, The Denver Post
POSTED:   05/10/2014 02:36:33 PM MDT7 COMMENTS
UPDATED:   5 DAYS AGO

Mark Redwine's vision of SWAT officers circling him on an abandoned Denver street earlier this month was partly an illusion triggered by bad vision and a "pararnoid" manifestation driven by blame-seeking cops and finger-pointing neighbors in his "hater-hood," he says.

"There's a group of people who constantly drive by my house to see what I am doing," Redwine said in a lengthy phone interview Friday afternoon from his home in rural southwest Colorado near Vallecito Reservoir. "I let my emotions get the best of me."

Redwine was describing the circumstances that led to Denver police officers grabbing him on a Denver street corner at 2 a.m. May 3, and taking him to a locked mental health ward at Denver Health Medical Center.

Redwine reported that his 13-year-old son, Dylan, vanished on Nov. 19, 2012, during a court-ordered Thanksgiving visit to his home. A few bones and clothing of the Colorado Springs eighth-grader were discovered in late June about 10 miles north of Redwine's house.

"It's only a mile away as the crow flies," Redwine said. "I can see it from my front porch."

The pressure he has been under has been building for 17 months.

He said that while La Plata County Sheriff's Department investigators have publicly stated that he is not a suspect, their repeated illogical searches of his home and trucks are intended to cast suspicion on him.

"I think they are just grasping at straws or they didn't do a very thorough search the first time. Obviously, I have nothing to hide," Redwine said. "Anyone who knows me, knows I would never do anything to harm Dylan."

He said after authorities repeatedly searched his home with his permission immediately after his son's disappearance and after serving him subsequently with search warrants, they have never found anything "with evidentiary value."

The latest search warrant was served Feb. 5. They took his Dodge pickup. It didn't make sense to him because when he picked up Dylan at the Durango airport on the evening of Nov. 18, he was driving his Chevy pickup, he said.

In the same month, he called the trucking company where he works and asked for a leave of absence. That's when he noticed how frequently neighbors drove on his road, staring at his house.

The finger-pointing is orchestrated by his "angry ex-wife," Elaine Redwine, who lives in Colorado Springs, Redwine said. She is bent on ruining his life, a quest that overshadows her desire even to find out what really happened to her son, he said. He added that she has repeatedly declined his overtures to meet face to face to talk about what could have happened to Dylan in a constructive way.

"My wife is the president and CEO of the hater-hood," Redwine said.

His leave of absence backfired, though. "A cloud of doubt hangs over me," he said. "I was going stir-crazy. I had to get out."

He said he drove to Denver, where he has friends and relatives, to scout out trucking companies that would hire him. He called a reporter from 9News in the early- morning hours and told a reporter that he saw SWAT officers.

"I thought I was being surrounded by a SWAT team," Redwine said in his interview with the newspaper. "I hadn't slept for — "

He said he has been living in the country for so long that the bright lights of Denver affected him.

"I'm not used to it," he said.

Also, his deteriorating eyesight — he sees a halo and star bursts — combined with "all the stress and anxiety and not understanding what happened" to Dylan triggered an optical illusion.

"I wasn't a threat to myself or others," he explained.

While he was speaking with someone on his cellphone near Fox Street and Ellsworth Avenue that Saturday, an officer sneaked up to him from behind, reached around his waist and grabbed his arms while another officer took his phone.

He was taken to DHMC for a 72-hour mental health hold.

"I can understand their concern," Redwine said. "It wasn't that I was acting that irrationally."

He said he was released by 2 p.m. and drove home. Redwine said all he wants is to find the rest of his boy's remains in hopes that will resolve the mystery of what happened to his son because so far there isn't enough evidence to prove what happened.

"I don't know how any scenario — no matter how far-fetched it may seem — can be absolutely eliminated as a possibility," Redwine said.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25737549/mark-redwine-explains-swat-hallucination-and-quest-find#ixzz31ueXDhy9
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:51 pm

Dylan Redwine's remains discovered 1 year ago today

Kevin Torres, KUSA
7:49 p.m. MDT June 23, 2014

DENVER – On a hot summer day one year ago, investigators gathered members of the press outside the La Plata County Sheriff's Department to share the news: Some remains of Dylan Redwine had been found on a mountain in Vallecito.

Having covered Dylan Redwine's disappearance from the beginning, I had been tipped off in advance about what was going to be discussed at the news conference. Yet, even with the warning, hearing those words come from La Plata County Sheriff's Spokesman Den Bender's mouth, left a pit not just in my stomach – but in the stomachs of every other reporter in attendance.

Many of us had spent months getting to know the residents of Bayfield and Vallecito. To us, they weren't strangers – they had become friends and family.

Personally, I had gotten to know Dylan's mother Elaine, her husband Mike and Dylan's brother Cory on a different level. As a reporter, it's a rarity to get a chance to get to know the subjects you're profiling – especially while covering a tragedy.

However, in the months that followed I got to know Elaine, Cory, Mike and a bunch of others just as much as they got to know me. Simply put, they're wonderful people.

By now many of you know the back story of Dylan's disappearance. The 13-year-old had disappeared from his father's home in Vallecito in November 2012. He was visiting his father, Mark, for Thanksgiving break.

In the months that followed, investigators searched every little nook and cranny of Vallecito they could; unfortunately, winter had set in, and snow covered most of the area.

It took until the summer for a search team to track down some of Dylan's remains. All in all, detectives found about three percent of the boy.

On that June day one year ago, the La Plata County Sheriff's Department reiterated that Dylan had been murdered. This wasn't a runaway case or an accident, the boy had been murdered – and whoever murdered him was still on the loose.

To this day, detectives have not named a suspect. Yet, they still continue to investigate the case on a daily basis.

In fact, the La Plata County Sheriff's Department told me on Monday investigators were back out on Middle Mountain last week (the mountain where Dylan's remains were found) searching for any new clues. They figured new vegetation pushing through the area might reveal some more details.

The Sheriff's Department said seven or eight investigators had worked on the case that week, and on a day-to-day basis, there are about two or three investigators following up on the case.

Since it's an open investigation, the Sheriff's Department couldn't release too many details – especially about a suspect. Instead spokesman Dan Bender said the following:

"The investigation is still open it's still active. Investigators are still going out into the field and are still doing follow-ups ... The progress of the investigation and the work with the District Attorney's Office – when it's believed they have enough information to move the case forward, they will do so."

At this point, it's a wait and see situation. For many, including Dylan's mother, it's a never-ending nightmare. On Facebook Sunday night, she shared the following with Dylan's followers: http://on.fb.me/1qETsFY.

http://www.9news.com/story/opinion/2014/06/23/dylan-redwine-anniversary/11266869/
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:50 am

From day one I have believed his sperm donor murdered him.  Nothing has transpired to change my mind.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:10 pm

Nancy Grace: Don’t rush Redwine investigation
TV host says circumstantial cases can win

Article Last Updated: Monday, June 30, 2014 11:19pm
By Chuck Slothower

TV host Nancy Grace said Monday prosecutors are wise to gather evidence and refine their case before bringing charges in the killing of Dylan Redwine.

Redwine was 13 years old when he disappeared in November 2012 while visiting his father, Mark, in Vallecito. Authorities have yet to make an arrest or bring charges.

Grace, in an interview with The Durango Herald, said she’s seen many older cases win convictions. With no witnesses, investigators don’t lose anything by waiting in the Redwine case, she said.

“This investigation can only get better,” Grace said. “They don’t have much, but it can only get better with the passage of time.”

Grace, who hosts the “Nancy Grace” show on the Headline News channel, has closely followed the case, airing segments on the investigation’s progress. She became popular for her aggressive takes on unsolved cases that often emphasize the victim’s point of view.

Before becoming a television personality, she spent more than a decade prosecuting violent felony cases at the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office in Atlanta.

“I don’t know a lot, but I do know how to try a murder case,” she said.

Investigators found Dylan’s partial remains – pieces of bone – a year ago, confirming the match on June 27, 2013. It’s not known what other evidence they’ve gathered from repeated searches of the Vallecito area and Mark Redwine’s home. Mark Redwine has denied any involvement in Dylan’s death, and he has not been named a suspect.

Some supporters of Dylan Redwine’s family have publicly accused Mark of involvement in Dylan’s death, but Grace didn’t want to point fingers in Mark Redwine’s direction.

“I’m not jumping on the bandwagon that says the father did it,” she said.

La Plata County Sheriff Duke Schirard said last week the investigation is moving ahead.

“We have put together what I feel is quite a circumstantial case, and we need to tie up some loose ends – and you have to understand we are in constant contact with the District Attorney’s Office about this,” Schirard said.

Grace declined to criticize the investigation, which has been led by the Sheriff’s Office and assisted by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.

“I don’t think that there have been any missteps. I really don’t,” she said. “I feel like they are going in the right direction.”

Grace said the investigation, now well into its second year, appears to be reinvigorated. Charges could still be brought, she said.

“Many a case has been built on only circumstantial evidence,” she said.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20140630/NEWS01/140639968/-1/s/Nancy-Grace:-Don%E2%80%99t-rush-Dylan-Redwine-investigation-

mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:34 am

pray kisses Yes Progress is being made! Just read it on 48 Hours Crimesider but cannot post links or c/p which is quite frustrating. The sheriff's office has hired an FBI (or ex) and two months ago while revisiting the site where Dylan was found they found more evidence and are continuing to search there and investigate their "person of interest" whom they have not named. The POI has been interviewed and knows he or she is now a confirmed POI.
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3