Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HEATHER ELVIS - 20 yo/ Charged: Sidney and Tammy Moorer - Myrtle Beach SC

4 posters

Go down

HEATHER ELVIS - 20 yo/ Charged: Sidney and Tammy Moorer - Myrtle Beach SC Empty HEATHER ELVIS - 20 yo/ Charged: Sidney and Tammy Moorer - Myrtle Beach SC

Post by mom_in_il Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:53 pm

Exclusive new details on Heather Elvis case come out

Posted: Feb 11, 2014 3:43 PM CST
Updated: Feb 12, 2014 7:23 AM CST
By David Klugh

HEATHER ELVIS - 20 yo/ Charged: Sidney and Tammy Moorer - Myrtle Beach SC 24695955_BG1
Heather Elvis has been missing since December 17, 2013.

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - WMBF News is revealing new details about the search for missing 20-year old, Heather Elvis.  As we discovered, the exposure and response to this missing person's case has taken even the Horry County Police Department by surprise.   We've discovered social media may have cursed this investigation from the start.

Never before in Horry County has a single missing person's case generated as much attention as the case surrounding the disappearance of Heather Elvis.  Since Elvis went missing on December 17, the case has gained local, state and national media exposure, a Facebook account that has attracted more than 45,000 followers, a reward pot that seems to grow by the week, and people so moved by the family's plight, they've risked their own freedom to continue the search, even if it means bending or breaking the law.

The image of Heather's face on billboards, posters, and fliers on thousands of storefronts are unavoidable from one end of the Grand Strand to the other, and nearly two months after Heather Elvis' disappearance, a simple call to supporters for another search or fundraiser, and hundreds still show up to collect donations and get the word out.

From the day Heather's car was discovered at Peachtree boat landing in Socastee, a starting point for a dozen organized searches was established.  Friends and family agreed to polygraphs, phone records were captured and catalogued, and the reward for information quickly swelled to $30,000 and growing.

"We were scared to death.  I still am," says Terry Elvis, Heather's father.

Terry has stayed at the center of the effort to find his daughter. Desperation and frustration are just  motivators for this 53-year old father of three.

"My heart tells me my daughter is alive," he says, when asked where he thinks Heather is today.   "I have to go on the assumption, and I have to go on the faith and hope that she's alive."

But Terry Elvis fears the police investigation into Heather's disappearance may barely have a heartbeat. For the first time, he wants to share what he calls a fact sheet, showing why police need only look in one place.  Truth is, much of that information comes from the unauthorized release of facts from a police report.

"There's a lot of circumstantial evidence, but it all points in one direction," Terry insists.

Terry Elvis has his own prime suspect based on phone records from the original police report.  He confirmed what's in that report: months ago, Heather was romantically involved with a married man she met while working as a restaurant hostess. Terry says Heather's roommate told him it ended more than a month ago. Yet, according to witness statements to police and those same phone records, there were several calls back and forth between Heather and the married man the morning of Heather's disappearance. That same roommate told police Heather was talking to the man again, and that night, he called to tell her he was leaving his wife and wanted to be with her.

"A lot of information that's been withheld and probably withheld with very good reason, maybe for the first week (of the investigation).  Maybe the first two weeks.  But not now," Terry Elvis says.

Terry wants this information out there, believing it could encourage more tips, more witnesses, and finally a solid suspect.  Horry County detectives have another take.

With all that circumstantial evidence, many Elvis supporters are asking , who needs detectives?  Horry County Police insist they need solid, physical evidence to build a case. And no one is talking about physical evidence, not here at Peachtree landing, not anywhere in this case.  The only other option is perhaps having someone admit to committing a crime.  That's not happening either.

One man has been the focus of the social media barrage in this case so far.  We wanted to give that  man a chance to defend himself.  David Klugh met the man at his front door, and this is how the conversation went:

"David Klugh with WMBF News.  How are you?"  

"Fine."  

"Listen, a lot of things are being said with respect to this Heather Elvis case.  I wanted to give you guys an opportunity, if you'd take it, to talk with us for just a moment about what's being said, where you guys are with this."

"I can't."

"You can't…"  

"I can't."  

"Is there a reason?"  

"My lawyer and I just can't.  I mean I'd rather not."  

"How are you all holding up?"  

"Um, crappy because people are threatening to kill us, and they're not in jail."

There are some people who are probably better off not saying much about this case right now.  And despite social media's focus on one man in this case, investigators will tell you that effort has done more to damage their efforts than help to find Heather Elvis.

In fact, the disappearance of Heather Elvis has probably changed the face of missing persons investigations forever, thanks to social media.  Facts, speculation, even lies are getting out faster than law enforcement can investigate them.  In this case, it's even resulted in the unauthorized leak of evidence, and even some people choosing to conduct their own parallel investigations.

"That's the kind of information that you don't want out there," says Horry County Police Lt. Chip Squires. "…it taints the case."  

"Everybody knows what's in that report.  That means whoever's listening to that report, whether they had any involvement or not," says Lt. Squires. "That means who's responsible for it knows what's in that report."

Lt.  Squires is not happy with what social media has done to this investigation.  It has been a major interruption, even a setback in their efforts to resolve the case.

"We've tried to keep information that we didn't want out there that would hinder the prosecution of the case or hinder our investigation," says Squires.  He says social media has been both a blessing and a curse.

There have also been a few other distractions in the case, including the arrest of one of Terry Elvis' close friends and the organizer of the searches, fundraising and social media efforts for Heather.

"As a friend of a father that's missing a 20-year old daughter, you do what you have to do sometimes," says that friend, Bill Barrett. "Did I do it intentionally, say I'm gonna break a law?  No, sir."

"He reached out to a witness in the case and basically tried to conduct his parallel investigation with ours.  And in doing that, it interfered with our investigation," Lt. Squires says.

Barrett responded, "So many people were not willing to come forward and talk to the police but they'd come tell me.  And I'd say here, please just call the tip line. Come forward and tell the police this.  No we don't want to get involved. I mean people would  actually, physically back their cars up the street so I couldn't get their license plate number."

At a time like this, you find out who your friends are.  Terry Elvis calls Barrett one of his most trusted.   And one who has sacrificed a lot.

Barrett appears unphased by the arrest.   "The Elvis family is still suffering.  And, you know, it hits me as a personal failure to, as a team, as a group, as a community that this has not been taken care of…that justice has not been served."

As we prepare to enter month three of the search for Heather, Terry Elvis has lost patience, and is losing confidence in those charged with finding his daughter.

I asked Terry Elvis whether he believes Horry County Police are doing all they can to find his daughter.   "I want to answer that the correct way.  As a father in seeing it day in and day out, I will tell you they are doing their job, but not to the best of their ability. Because I haven't seen results, and it's been 47 days."

As for Terry pointing fingers at the man whose phone calls may have been the last Heather ever received:  "It won't stop until we find Heather.  It's not gonna stop.  I can't stop," Terry says.   "If I hurt your feelings, I'm sorry. I really am.  But if it brings my daughter back, I'm gonna hurt 'em."

The good, the bad and the ugly - that's what social media will likely be attracting in every missing person's case from this day forward.  Horry County Police admit they will have to take much greater care in the future when it comes to what they release and how they release it.  In the meantime, their policy will always be "zero tolerance" when it comes to anyone interfering in the effort to bring victims like Heather Elvis home. Their investigation into Heather's disappearance continues.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24695955/those-closest-to-missing-heather-elvis-investigation-speak-out?page=3&N=L

Last edited by mom_in_il on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:41 pm; edited 4 times in total
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

HEATHER ELVIS - 20 yo/ Charged: Sidney and Tammy Moorer - Myrtle Beach SC Empty Re: HEATHER ELVIS - 20 yo/ Charged: Sidney and Tammy Moorer - Myrtle Beach SC

Post by mom_in_il Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:00 pm

Heather Elvis may have been pregnant by married man

Myrtle Beach : SC : USA | Jan 18, 2014 at 3:53 PM PST
By Chelsea Hoffman

HEATHER ELVIS - 20 yo/ Charged: Sidney and Tammy Moorer - Myrtle Beach SC 102890682-heather-elvis

Did a married man get Heather Elvis pregnant? It seems like a sensational plotline found in a movie, but something foul is definitely going on in Myrtle Beach. It's been revealed that the missing woman was deeply entangled in a love triangle with a far older married man. Sidney Moorer is named in the police report pertaining to Heather's case, and he's the man that was mentioned by his angry wife in this post.

Now new information has been leaked by family members of the missing woman, and these details indicate that Sidney Moorer and his wife are being scrutinzed closely. The above photo, which can also be found here, is a screenshot of a loved one of Heather Elvis, revealing that the last person she'd spoken to before disappearing was none other than the married man Sidney Moorer. That's not all:

This post speculates that Heather was pregnant with Sidney's baby, because the two of them were allegedly spotted buying a pregnancy test together. This kind of goes hand-in-hand with the new revelation of the relationship between Heather and the married man, even though she had just been on a date that night. As confirmed by the family member's post, Heather made it home and then spoke with Moorer.

The post also reveals that she was attacked physically by Moorer's wife at one point, which means there is definitely some strain between the three people. Could this married couple be behind Heather's disappearance? Or is the Elvis family creating trouble for an innocent family?

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/16367566-heather-elvis-may-have-been-pregnant-by-married-man
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

HEATHER ELVIS - 20 yo/ Charged: Sidney and Tammy Moorer - Myrtle Beach SC Empty Re: HEATHER ELVIS - 20 yo/ Charged: Sidney and Tammy Moorer - Myrtle Beach SC

Post by mom_in_il Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:03 pm

Statement Analysis - How Sidney Moorer Can Help the Heather Elvis Case

Sunday, February 9, 2014

HEATHER ELVIS - 20 yo/ Charged: Sidney and Tammy Moorer - Myrtle Beach SC Sidney-Stclair-Moorer_mugshot.400x800

Suspicion has been cast upon Sidney Moorer regarding a relationship he had with Heather Elvis, who has been missing since December 17th, 2013.

The suspicion was fueled greatly by his wife, Tammy Moorer's angry post about Heather in which she minimized (likely falling for the lies of her husband) Sidney's involvement with Heather, and took to castigating a victim.

This increased the suspicion many fold.

It is time for Sidney Moorer to man up, and do the right thing, and come forward.

If he has no involvement in the disappearance of Heather Elvis, come forward and say so.  It appears that Tammy speaks for him, and found a simpatico with the subtle insult of Christianity to be interviewed by, wherein no solid questions were asked of her.

If Tammy speaks for Sidney, than speak up.  You can help this case.

Tammy, get Sidney to take a polygraph.

This would, by the process of elimination, help the case.

Take the polygraph, Sidney, if you have nothing to hide.

You are a father, and you can understand the pain that Heather's family is experiencing right now.  If you know something about what happened to Heather, now is the time to say so.  Anything.  Anything.  Nothing is too small or insignificant.

HEATHER ELVIS - 20 yo/ Charged: Sidney and Tammy Moorer - Myrtle Beach SC 52b5e28ce0c55.preview-300

Heather Elvis is still missing and people of good will, everywhere, are joining together to help find her.

It is time for you to help, Sidney.

If you have no information, and have no involvement, please say so.  Please talk to the police and give them full cooperation; holding back nothing.

Take a polygraph if only to silence the suspicions that have arisen since your wife's posting.

Heather is just 20 years old, just starting out on her adult life.  You are a grown man who has been married and raised a family.  You must do the responsible thing, here.

You can help the case.

Your wife has told the world that you were involved with Heather, and while missing, she even disparaged Heather.

Is this how you want the nation to view you both?

Contact the police.  Offer to clear your name by taking a polygraph.  Share with them anything that was said between you and Heather.  There may be some small, seemingly insignificant detail that might help the case.

Sidney Moorer, it is time to speak out.

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.com/2014/02/how-sidney-moorer-can-help-heather.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:35 pm

Heather Elvis case: 2 sought for threatening sister, say they have missing woman

February 9, 2014

Police in Myrtle Beach and Horry County are on the lookout for a Jeep Wrangler after one of two men in the vehicle threatened the family of Heather Elvis, according to a report filed by Terry Elvis, the missing woman's father. Not only did the man yell that they had Elvis' oldest daughter, an implication that she might be held captive, but they also threatened that something similar could happen to Morgan, Heather's younger sister.

WBTW in Florence reported Feb. 7 that Myrtle Beach Police were called to Market Common on a threats and harassment case on Tuesday. Terry Elvis, the victim, alleged that the passenger in a black Jeep Wrangler yelled a threat at him on Howard Ave. at approximately 1:20 p.m.

"We already have Heather," the man allegedly yelled at Elvis, who owns a printing shop nearby. "Morgan [Elvis' other daugher] is next."

Heather Elvis was reported missing by her father on Dec. 19 after Horry County police found her abandoned car at Peachtree Landing along the Waccamaw River. She was last seen on Dec. 17 and last heard from on Dec. 18.

A police report indicates that she was in contact with an older man with whom she had had a previous relationship in the early hours of Dec. 18. Elvis' roommate told authorities that Heather had appeared upset during their earlier conversation.

No arrests have been made regarding the missing woman's case. No persons of interest have been named to date.

The vehicle police are currently searching for is believed to be a mid-2000 model Jeep Wrangler, flat black in color, with blacked-out rims and a black rag top. The vehicle is lifted, sitting high above the wheels. The vehicle also has a tubular rear bumper.

Terry Elvis attempted to locate the vehicle himself but was unable to do so. He told police he didn't think the Jeep had any type of vehicle registration.

Video surveillance footage was sought after the incident to see if any useful information about the vehicle and the two men could be found.

There is currently a $30,000 reward being offered for information in the Heather Elvis case that might lead authorities to her location

http://www.examiner.com/article/heather-elvis-case-2-sought-for-threatening-sister-say-they-have-missing-woman
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:44 pm

Two in custody in connection with Heather Elvis case, police confirm

Posted: Feb 21, 2014 7:49 AM CST

Updated: Feb 21, 2014 8:48 AM CST

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – Two people are in custody in connection with the disappearance of Heather Elvis, Horry County Police officials confirmed.

Horry County Police were at a home in the 8700 block of State Highway 814 Friday morning executing a search warrant, Lt. Robert Kegler confirmed.

"The search warrant was executed in an attempt to identify potential evidence based on new information obtained through expert analysis of previously seized surveillance tapes in the area along with financial discrepancies filed with the State of South Carolina on behalf of the occupants of the residence," according to a news release from HCPD.

At least two people are in custody, but no charges are available at this time.

Officials at J. Reuben Long Detention Center confirmed that Tammy Moorer was booked at 8:50 a.m. Friday morning. Moorer is the wife of a man who has been targeted on social media for his supposed involvement with Heather Elvis.

Members of HCPD, along with the State Law Enforcement Division, the 15th Circuit Solicitor's Office, the US Marshal Service, and the South Carolina Highway Patrol executed the search warrant Friday morning.

Since 20-year-old Heather Elvis went missing on December 17, the case has gained local, state and national media exposure, a Facebook account that has attracted more than 45,000 followers, and a reward for information that has grown to $30,000.

http://www.wistv.com/story/24785359/2-in-custody-in-connection-with-heather-elvis-case-police-confirm?utm_content=bufferf99cd&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:25 pm

Couple Will Be Charged With Murder of Heather Elvis

http://www.wltx.com/story/news/crime/2014/02/24/heather-elvis-disappearance-murder-charges/5776511/
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:53 pm

Police say Heather Elvis was murdered, husband and wife charged in case

Posted: Feb 24, 2014 9:11 AM CST
Updated: Feb 24, 2014 7:47 PM CST
By Julie Roy - email

Monday morning a news conference at the ML Brown Public Safety building took place concerning the Heather Elvis investigation.

Horry County Police chief Saundra Rhodes announced Sidney and Tammy Moorer are now charged with the murder of Heather Elvis. The bond hearing on the murder charges will be the week of March 17.

"We were able to secure enough probable cause to get a search warrant for the property of the Moorer's. And after conducting that search warrant we were able to secure enough evidence to allow for probable cause for a kidnapping charge as well as the charge for murder," said Rhodes.

Elvis, 20, went missing December 17 and was last heard from early in the morning on December 18.  Heather's car was found abandoned at Peachtree Landing along the Waccamaw River on December 19. 

The arrest warrants indicate there's probable cause that on or about December 18  Sidney and Tammy Moorer kidnapped and murdered Heather Elvis at Peachtree Boat Landing.

On Friday, February 21,The Moorers were arrested. They were initially charged with kidnapping, obstruction of justice and two counts of indecent exposure. 

WBTW learn Monday afternoon that the couple were placed into protective custody inside the J. Reuben Long Detention Center and are being kept separate from the general population for their safety.

At the same time as the conference, Sidney and Tammy Moorer, appeared at J. Reuben Long Detention Center where they were charged with murder. 

Tammy Moorer posted bond over the weekend on the $10,000 obstructing justice charge, but remained in jail.

No bail is set for the kidnapping charges.

On Monday afternoon, Fifteenth Judicial Circuit Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said that he does not believe this will be a death penalty case because typically in a death penalty case the defendants must be charged with more than the murder.

"We understand that people are very interested in trying to help, trying to know a little bit more. It comes down to this, you can't ruin a whole investigation over trying to fill in curiosity," said Richardson.

According to arrest warrants, the Tammy's indecent exposure charges stem from an incident at Broadway at the Beach. The warrant says between December 17th and 18th of 2013, she indecently exposed herself at 1325 Celebrity Circle in Myrtle Beach. The second exposure charge is from between December 17th and 18th at Atlantic Avenue and Century Circle in Conway.

The arrest warrant for her obstructing justice charge says on December 20, 2013 she gave police misinformation regarding the disappearance of Heather Elvis and Sidney Moorer's activities during the early morning hours of December 18, 2013.   The arrest warrants indicate the false information provided by the Moorer's, diverted resources for this case.

At this point, the authorities have not found Heather Elvis.

The Elvis family took to social media early on in her disappearance asking for help in finding Heather and created a Facebook page.

Volunteers have spent several weekends, handing out information and displaying her picture to try and get clues in this case. The CUE center that helps in missing persons cases has come to Myrtle Beach on more than one occasion looking for answers.

Terry Elvis, who owns a printing business in Myrtle Beach, routinely posts new missing flyers on the Facebook page and lists where they can be picked up for distribution.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24804575/murder-charges-added-for-horry-county-couple-in-connection-with-heather-elvis-case
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:44 pm

STATEMENT ANALYSIS - Heather Elvis Case: Murder Without A Body

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

http://statement-analysis.blogspot.com/2014/02/heather-elvis-case-murder-without-body.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:11 pm

Horry County Police explain what's next in the Heather Elvis investigation

Posted: Feb 25, 2014 9:10 PM CST
Updated: Feb 26, 2014 6:43 AM CST
By Leah Mishkin

CONWAY, S.C. (WBTW) -

Sidney and Tammy Moorer were both charged with kidnapping and murder. But as they wait for their next court appearance, the Horry County Police Department is working to find Heather Elvis.

"Nothing is ruled out. Things that have been searched already have not been ruled out there is no indication that [if] any information that comes to us that leads to an area that we've searched, that area will be searched again," said Lt. Robert Kegler with the Horry County Police Department.

Right now, Lt. Kegler said there are no searches scheduled. But he said that can change at any minute if tips lead detectives and the task force to a location.

Lt. Kegler said they will also continue to work with the solicitors office for the prosecution.

"I can tell you this isn't a case where we are looking for smoking gun, it was just the combination of evidence that was already there and the new evidence just added to that. So we don't have video of them killing her or anything along those lines," said Jimmy Richardson with the Horry County Solicitor's Office.

News13 asked Richardson how prosecutors can convict someone of murder without a body. He said circumstantial evidence is just as good as direct evidence to convict someone of murder without a body.

"I mean we've done it several times you use circumstantial evidence in a lot of cases to say they are no longer here. You could also have direct evidence in some cases you would have DNA," said Richardson.

As solicitors continue to look through the evidence collected at the Moorer's home on Friday, Richardson said the prosecution will likely be in touch with both Tammy and Sidney Moorer's defense attorneys.

"Usually a defense attorney will come to you and say my client has information and they want to give information on this case. We don't promise them anything because in doing so you have basically bought their testimony. What we do promise them is we will consider their help in the election of the charges we bring against them and we will make the judge aware of how much they did help," said Richardson.

In this case, because there are two people charged with murder, one may testify against the other. Or both may work together.

Richardson said it's just a matter of waiting to see how this case will play out.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24823249/horry-county-police-explain-whats-nex
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:08 pm

Bond Hearing for Couple in Murder of Heather Elvis

WBTW
8:39 a.m. EDT March 17, 2014

HORRY COUNTY, S.C. -The married couple charged with murder and kidnapping in the case of Heather Elvis is scheduled to appear in court Monday afternoon for a bond hearing. Tammy Moorer, 42, and Sidney Moorer, 38, will appear before Judge Steven John for a bond hearing in regards to the murder charge.

They face other charges as well in connection with the case of the missing 20-year-old Myrtle Beach woman who was last heard from December 18. While Horry County Police charges the couple with murder, Elvis' body has not been found. Heather's car was found abandoned at Peachtree Landing along the Waccamaw River on December 19. Horry County Police say they believe that's where Elvis was murdered.

Last month, Tammy Moorer posted bond on the $10,000 obstructing justice charge, but remained in jail.

No bail was set for the kidnapping charges.

Tammy Moorer, is also charged with one count of obstruction of justice and two counts of indecent exposure.

According to arrest warrants, the Tammy's indecent exposure charges stem from an incident at Broadway at the Beach. The warrant says between December 17th and 18th of 2013, she indecently exposed herself at 1325 Celebrity Circle in Myrtle Beach. The second exposure charge is from between December 17th and 18th at Atlantic Avenue and Century Circle in Conway.

The arrest warrant for her obstructing justice charge says on December 20, 2013 she gave police misinformation regarding the disappearance of Heather Elvis and Sidney Moorer's activities during the early morning hours of December 18, 2013.

His indecent exposure charges come from an incident between December 17th and 18th near Atlantic Avenue and Century Circle in Conway. The arrest warrants state Sidney "willfully, maliciously, and indecently exposed his person in a public place, on property of others, or in the view of someone on the street or highway." The warrant says between December 17th and 18th of 2013, he also indecently exposed himself at 1325 Celebrity Circle in Myrtle Beach.

In the arrest warrant for his obstructing justice charge, police say he gave misinformation to police on December 20, 2013 regarding missing woman Heather Elvis and his whereabouts during the early morning hours of December 18, 2013.

http://www.wltx.com/story/news/2014/03/17/couple-charged-with-kidnapping-and-murder-of-missing-heather-elvis/6516103/

mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:30 pm

Moorers denied bond ahead of Heather Elvis murder trial

Posted: Mar 17, 2014 2:33 PM CST
Updated: Mar 17, 2014 3:03 PM CST
By WMBF News Staff

HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – Bond has been denied for the couple accused of kidnapping and murdering 20-year-old Heather Elvis after a hearing lasting nearly two hours.

Tammy and Sidney Moorer appeared at Horry County Court Monday afternoon for the bond hearing on the charges of kidnapping and murder in connection with the disappearance of Heather Elvis.

The Horry County solicitor began the hearing by reading the charges against the Moorers: one count each of murder, kidnapping, and obstruction of justice, and two counts each of indecent exposure. The indecent exposure charges come after Sidney Moorer said he had relations with his wife in his car, according to Moorer's attorney, Kirk Truslow.

Truslow asked the judge for a reasonable bond, due to his ties to his community, his family, and his lack of a prior criminal record. He said that the case is "an extremely circumstantial case at best," with "incredible speculation and rumor."

Tammy Moorer's attorney, Greg McCollum, also argued that she has no prior criminal record, not even a traffic ticket. McCollum added that Tammy has a strong faith in the court system, and is ready to face the charges and build her case.

State prosecutors presented a complete timeline of events leading up the Elvis' disappearance, including video footage and phone records from the night Elvis disappeared. Prosecutors said they have evidence of Heather Elvis going to Peachtree Landing the night she disappeared, along with a truck from the Moorer home. Full details about the case presented by the state will be added to this story.

According to prosecutors, the Moorers talked about buying land near Orlando, moving to Belize, or running to Canada. The state then asked the judge that bond be denied because they are a flight risk and the danger to them from the community.

After statements from Horry County Police and Heather's father Terry Elvis, Sidney Moorer's attorney argued that the state has only circumstantial evidence. Terry Elvis pleaded with the judge to protect his family, including his youngest daughter, by not granting bond. Sidney's attorney Truslow said the case has "snowballed" into an "outrageous witch hunt where there is no real evidence."

The judge presiding over this case, Judge Steven John, denied bond for both Sidney and Tammy Moorer. The judge added that if more evidence is presented, he will allow for reconsideration.

Judge John did not hear the request for a gag order during the bond hearing Monday.

Security at the courthouse was tight, with guards using a wand to check everyone entering the courtroom, in addition to metal detectors at each entrance. Terry and Debbi Elvis, Heather's parents, arrived shortly before the bond hearing was scheduled to start.

Nearly 100 people were estimated to have shown up at the courthouse to support the Elvis family, many wearing t-shirts and pins with Heather Elvis' picture. A couple of dozen people also showed up in support of the Moorers. Court officials told the supporters that no one is allowed to enter the courtroom wearing clothing supporting either Heather Elvis or the Moorers, and supporters removed their pins and turned their shirts inside-out to comply.

Tune in to WMBF News this afternoon beginning at 4 p.m. for complete coverage of today's bond hearing, including reaction from supporters on both sides, interviews with the Moorers' defense attorneys and state prosecutors, and more.

http://www.wistv.com/story/24997143/moorers-denied-bond-ahead-of-heather-elvis-murder-trial?
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:33 pm

From Gina-bo-bina:

Follow this case on FB: The State of South Carolina vs Sidney and Tammy Moorer

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-State-of-South-Carolina-vs-Sidney-and-Tammy-Moorer/724058540972400
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:31 pm

Horry County prosecutors not considering death penalty in Heather Elvis’ murder

By Amanda Kelley,
akelley@thesunnews.com
March 19, 2014

The husband and wife accused of murder in the disappearance of Heather Elvis aren’t likely to face a death penalty if convicted.

Jimmy Richardson, 15th Judicial Circuit Solicitor, said his office is confident in the evidence they have accusing Tammy and Sidney Moorer of murdering Heather Elvis, but said it’s premature to talk about the death penalty.

“I think at this point we’re way too early to start worrying about death penalty,” he said. “Certainly we would want to have more evidence, we would want to have the body.”

Sidney Moorer, 38, and his wife Tammy Moorer, 42, were denied bond Monday after being charged Feb. 24 with murder and kidnapping in the disappearance of the 20-year-old Socastee woman who was last seen about a week before Christmas. The couple are also charged with obstruction of justice and two counts each of indecent exposure.

Greg McCollum, attorney for Tammy Moorer could not be reached for comment Wednesday. Kirk Truslow, a Myrtle Beach attorney representing Sidney Moorer, said he isn’t surprised the state isn’t looking at the death penalty.

“I didn’t think it ever would be,” he said. “Honestly, it seemed to me following the arrest that that wasn’t going to be an issue. ... “I never had any indication from anybody that that was going to be a part of this.”

The Elvis family and supporters of the Elvis family could not be reached for comment Wednesday.

Colin Miller, an associate professor of criminal law and evidence at the University of South Carolina, said it would be difficult for prosecutors to seek the death penalty without a body.

“It’s pretty tough because in order to impose the death penalty, the jury has to find at least one aggravating factor beyond a reasonable doubt,” he said. “It’s difficult enough to prove the murder happened without the body.”

There are 12 aggravating factors in South Carolina including kidnapping, Miller said, and only one is required to impose a death sentence.

Arrest warrants said that on or about Dec. 18, the Socastee-area couple kidnapped and murdered “Heather Elvis with malice, forethought,” at the Peachtree Boat Landing.

“If they were able to secure a kidnapping conviction in addition to a murder conviction, they could seek the death penalty,” Miller said.

Richardson said his office won’t use the death penalty as a tool in the trial.

“We certainly don’t take anything like death penalty lightly,” he said. “Just to throw that out to gain some sort of advantage, we’re not going to do that.”

If prosecutors seek the death penalty in the future, Miller said that sentence would be for a jury to decide unless the defendant pleads guilty. In the case of a plea, Miller said it would be a judge’s decision.

Donna Elder, a 15th Circuit senior solicitor, outlined the state’s case against the Moorer’s Monday, detailing an affair Elvis had with Sidney Moorer from June 2013 until October. Elder said Tammy Moorer found out about the affair and began harassing Elvis with dozens of phone calls, text messages and threatening social media posts.

Defense attorneys on Monday said the evidence is circumstantial and has no link to tie the couple to Elvis’ disappearance.

Police, the Community United Effort Center for Missing Persons and community members searched for several months after Elvis was reported missing Dec. 19 when her car was found at the Peachtree Boat Landing.

Richardson said his office and police are continuing to collect evidence for the trial and said the investigation remains ongoing.

“We’ll certainly put this together as quickly as possible,” Richardson said. “We’ll move very expediently and try to get the case up and ready for trial.”

Truslow said he’s looking forward to his own investigation and a chance to look at the state’s evidence instead of the prosecution’s interpretation of the evidence, which was laid out Monday.

“I wish we could try the case this summer,” he said. “With the case that they have I would be ready by this summer, June or July.”

Richardson said the case likely will not be tried for at least a year.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/03/19/3336196/horry-county-prosecutors-not-considering.html#storylink=cpy
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:07 pm

Horry judge issues gag order in Heather Elvis case, human remains found in Florida

Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 3:02 pm
Updated: 3:47 pm, Fri Mar 21, 2014.
By Michael Smith michael.smith@myhorrynews.com | 0 comments

Circuit Court Judge Steven John has issued a gag order in the Heather Elvis missing persons case.

Representatives from the 15th Judicial Circuit and Horry County police said Friday afternoon they can no longer comment on the case per a gag order that was put in place Friday afternoon.

The gag order comes after Sidney Moorer, 39, and Tammy Moorer, 42, were indicted on murder and kidnapping charges in relation to the Heather Elvis case. The Moorers were taken into custody after police searched their home Feb. 21.

The order also comes after the discovery of human remains in DeLand, Fla. on March 20.

A police report obtained by Waccamaw Publishers says that a man, 63, of DeLand found human remains in a garbage bag on the side of the road at the intersection of Oak Street and International Speedway Boulevard, which is close to the I-95 and I-4 interchange.

"Upon moving the bag, he discovered it contained what appeared to be human remains," the report said.

The report doesn't specify the nature of the remains, but WKMG, an Orlando, Fla., affiliate, reported that a deputy told the man the remains appeared to belong to a "little girl."

According to statements made during the Moorers' bond hearing Monday, the Moorers were exploring possibilities of buying land in Orlando, Fla.

Because of Tammy Moorer's travel connections, the Moorers traveled there often, including about three weeks after Heather Elvis vanished on Dec. 18.

Sidney Moorer competed in the Walt Disney World Half Marathon on Jan. 12, 2014, according to meet results, running a time of 3:27.10, according to the marathon's website.

Before the gag order was imposed, solicitor Jimmy Richardson said Friday morning that he was aware of events in Volusia County, Florida, but there had been no formal contact at that time.

"If they thought it had anything to do with Heather, they would've called," Richardson said Friday morning. "I haven't heard anything."

Richardson also said Friday morning that his office sought the gag order. He said the intent was to avoid a change of venue, which is typical in high-profile cases like the Heather Elvis case.

"Whenever this case is called for trial, in any high profile case, the first thing that the defense does is start to ask for a change of venue," Richardson said. "We're trying to keep from being tried in the media. For that reason we’re opposing a change of venue. We don’t want venue change from Horry County to some other county."

Read more about this story in the March 27 edition of the Carolina Forest Chronicle.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_69451368-b12b-11e3-9352-0017a43b2370.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by valentine214 Thu May 15, 2014 3:33 pm

Tammy Moorer has been moved back to J Reuben Long from Georgetown, next bond hearing is scheduled on Friday, May 23.

Sorry, I'm too new and can't post outside links yet, but the story is at My Horry News.

valentine214
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Thu May 15, 2014 3:58 pm

Thanks valentine214!

Tammy Moorer moved back to J. Reuben Long Detention Center in March

Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2014 8:40 am
Updated: 9:08 am, Thu May 15, 2014.
By Michael Smith

A woman charged in connection with the disappearance of Heather Elvis has been moved back to J. Reuben Long Detention Center, according to the Horry County Sheriff's Office.

Tammy Moorer, 42, has been back at the county jail since her March 17 bond hearing, said Sgt. Jeff Benton, spokesman for the sheriff's office.

Moorer, along with her husband, Sidney, 38, have been charged with murder, kidnapping, obstruction of justice and two counts of indecent exposure in connection with Elvis' disappearance on Dec. 18, 2013.

For "safety and security reasons," Tammy Moorer was moved from J. Reuben Long to the Georgetown County Detention Center in the days following her arrest Feb. 21.

Benton wouldn't comment about Tammy Moorer's disciplinary or health history since she was taken into custody. She is due back in court Friday, May 23 for a hearing to determine bond reconsideration.

Circuit Court Judge Steven John denied bond for Sidney and Tammy Moorer's murder and kidnapping charges at a hearing held March 17.

Tammy Moorer's attorney, Greg McCollum, requested the bond hearing in a motion filed April 7, citing an "immediate necessity," according to the motion.

"The Defendant requests that this Honorable Court hear new and substantial grounds for relief relating to the denial of bond and hear grounds forming a basis of the immediate necessity," the motion states.

What that necessity entails was unclear as of this posting. McCollum stated in his motion that a memoranda of facts and law in support of the motion would be forwarded under seal to the court for further consideration.

Sidney Moorer has not requested bond reconsideration and remains at J. Reuben Long Detention Center.

At an initial bond hearing Feb. 22, an Horry County magistrate previously set bond at $20,000 for the obstruction of justice and exposure charges filed against the Moorers.

According to Horry County court records, Tammy Moorer posted bond for the lesser charges that day. If bond is set on the murder and kidnapping charges at the May 23 hearing, she could be set free once the bond amount is posted.

Sidney Moorer has not posted bond for any of the four charges pending against him, court records show.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_222fd43a-dc2e-11e3-aee6-0017a43b2370.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue May 27, 2014 5:43 pm

Bond Denied for Tammy Moorer

by Continuous News Desk
Posted: 05.23.2014 at 10:05 AM
Updated: 05.23.2014 at 11:20 AM

Bond was once again denied for Tammy Moorer, the woman charged in the killing of missing Horry County woman Heather Elvis.

Moorer, 41, appeared before Judge Steven John this morning to ask for her bond, which was denied in March, to be reconsidered.

Moorer's attorney, Greg McCollum, revealed during the hearing that she is pregnant and cited health concerns related to that as part of the reason for the reconsideration hearing request.

"The evidence that we presented in court is that she's been examined at two different hospitals by two different doctors by two different medical staffs and they both say that she's pregnant and we believe that to be true," said McCollum. "She's had some problems that we presented in court and that was our concern and we were very hopeful that based on that and the other things we presented that the judge would modify the conditions."

Judge John denied her request and said Moorer will remain in jail and will be cared for by medical staff there.

Moorer asked to speak during the hearing but the judge also denied that request, telling her to convey her concerns through her attorney.

Moore's attorney said she is in the second trimester of her pregnancy. She took a pregnancy test on March 13 while she was in jail that came back with negative results. Subsequent tests at a hospital in Loris and at Conway Medical Center came back with positive results.

Moorer's attorney also said there is no evidence linking Moorer to the disappearance or death of Heather Elvis. He submitted an 8 page memorandum laying out the reasons for their request to readdress the bond.

But the solicitor said the police thoroughly investigated and did not rush before making the arrest. The solicitor also pointed out that other inmates are pregnant and there is no reason that Moorer could not be cared for while in custody.

The Solicitors Office raised some questions about the legitimacy of the pregnancy.

Judge John said Moorer is to be treated as though she has a viable pregnancy, and be allowed access to all necessary care. Any time she refuses care, it should be noted, John added.

McCollum said at this time they do not have a plan to file another bond modification motion.

Judge John first denied bond for Tammy Moorer and her husband Sidney Moorer in March.

Sidney Moorer did not appear in this hearing.

Judge John said in March he denied bond because of the seriousness of charges, nature of case, potential penalty, and questions of whether defendants will reappear in court.

Sidney Moorer, 38, and Tammy Moorer have been charged with Murder, Kidnapping, Obstruction of Justice and Indecent Exposure.

Prosecutors said that on December 17, after 1 a.m., Sidney Moorer called Heather Elvis, and they spoke for about four minutes. They say Heather then called Sidney two more times from home with no response. Prosecutors say the two finally spoke after 3:17 a.m. They say Heather was home for those calls and left after the 3:17 a.m. call for the Peachtree Boat Landing.

That's where her car was found shortly after she was reported missing.

Prosecutors say they have evidence of the Moorer's truck coming to Peachtree Landing the night Elvis disappeared.

Prosecutors say Tammy Moorer knew her husband was having an affair with Heather.

They say Heather Elvis's murder was premeditated and that the Moorers disposed of her body.

Horry County Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said he expects the case to go to trial in about a year.

When asked if he would seek the death penalty, he said it's too early to make that determination, especially considering Heather Elvis' body has not been found.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1048372#.U4TOifldUnf
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:22 am

Judge Hyman defers to Judge John in newspaper suit seeking documents in Heather Elvis case

June 11, 2014

Circuit Court Judge Larry Hyman said Wednesday he could not rule on motions from area newspapers regarding the release of court documents related to the disappearance of 20-year-old Heather Elvis.

Hyman referred the case to Circuit Court Judge Steven John, who issued a gag order in the case of Sidney Moorer and Tammy Moorer. The couple are each charged in connection with Elvis’ disappearance and face murder and kidnapping charges in the case.

Hyman did allow The Sun News to join the filing with Waccamaw Publishers to seek the search warrant returns in the Moorer case from Magistrate Arron Butler, who said releasing the information “could jeopardize the ongoing investigation.”

The Sun News requested the information from Horry County and also was denied.

It is unclear when a hearing before John will be scheduled.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/06/11/4283910/judge-hyman-defers-to-judge-john.html?sp=/99/134/#storylink=cpy
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:57 pm

Myrtle Beach area man indicted in Heather Elvis related case

Posted: Tuesday, July 1, 2014 3:28 pm
Updated: 10:01 am, Thu Jul 3, 2014
By Michael Smith

A Carolina Forest area man once again is facing charges in connection with the Heather Elvis missing persons case.

Garrett Starnes, 26, of the 600 block of Flintlake Court, was indicted on an obstruction of justice charge on May 22, according to court records obtained by Waccamaw Publishers.

“Garrett Ryan Starnes did in Horry County on or about January 19, 2014, intentionally do an act which prevented, obstructed, impeded, or hindered the administration of justice, in violation of the Common Law offense of obstruction of justice,” the indictment states.

Elvis, 21, disappeared in the early morning hours of Dec. 18, 2013. She has not been found.

Sidney Moorer, 38, and his wife, Tammy, 42, have been charged with murder, kidnapping, obstruction of justice and two counts of indecent exposure in connection with the case.

Starnes had been charged with obstructing justice on Jan. 28, according to an arrest warrant served on that date.

An Horry County judge dismissed the charge on April 10 after the charging officer failed to show for a preliminary hearing at the time because he thought the case had been continued, according to the solicitor’s office.

William Barrett, 52, of Carolina Forest, has also been charged with obstructing justice in connection with the Elvis case.

Barrett’s case is still pending, according to the Horry County public index.

Donna Elder, the assistant senior solicitor handling the all three cases, said Thursday that the Barrett and Starnes cases likely won't be pursued until after the conclusion of the Moorer murder trial so as to limit any pretrial publicity.

A date for the Moorer trial hasn't been set because attorneys are still in the discovery process, she said.

"When they [Barrett and Starnes] are coming up is something for the future," Elder said. "Our focus is going to be with the Moorer trial. We are not going to try these spinoff cases before then. That would be a big diversion."

As for the decision to directly indict Starnes, Elder said the decision was made after reviewing the case with the charging officer.

"Police desired it after we reviewed the facts of it," she said. "They were interested in pursuing it."

Jimmy Richardson, solicitor for the 15th Judicial Circuit, said in general it’s becoming more common for prosecutors to directly indict defendants when a magistrate dismisses a case.

With a direct indictment, a prosecutor presents the case directly to the Horry County grand jury. It takes eight of 12 jurors to decide to indict for the case to move forward, Richardson said.

“They [cases] are rarely dismissed at a preliminary hearing,” he said. “It was quite a shock.”

The arrest warrant stated that on Jan. 19, the suspect provided and created “false information regarding the disappearance of Heather Elvis."

This caused Horry County police to “divert resources to investigate these false allegations,” the warrant states.

According to a police report filed in the case, the suspect “caused misleading information regarding the disappearance of Heather Elvis to be fabricated.

“[The suspect] then provided that misleading information to law enforcement,” the report said.
The report adds that the false information was posted to social media.

“This caused investigating officers to obtain legal process regarding this information which diverted investigating officers from legitimate leads,” the report continues.

Elder said Barrett's and Starnes' obstruction cases likely won't be prosecuted until after the Heather Elvis trial concludes.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_f37445c0-0155-11e4-83be-0017a43b2370.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Court filing offers clues into trial of Tammy Moorer in Heather Elvis case

Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 5:16 pm
Updated: 9:47 am, Fri Jul 25, 2014.
By Michael Smith

Myrtle Beach attorney Greg McCollum recently filed a four-page motion seeking access to a wide variety of documents, witnesses and physical evidence related to the Heather Elvis case, according to court documents.

Filed June 10, the motion is the first step of the discovery process in the trial of Sidney and Tammy Moorer, who face murder charges in connection with Elvis’ disappearance on Dec. 18, 2013.

McCollum, who’s representing Tammy Moorer, asked for all police reports, tangible objects obtained by police or that the state plans to introduce into evidence at trial, and access to all witnesses who have knowledge of facts not favorable to Tammy Moorer.

In addition, the motion seeks results of “laboratory tests, scientific tests, or physical examinations conducted in connection with this case.”

Examples include analysis of handwriting, photographs secured of the crime scene, comparison of finger prints, hair samples and body fluids, the motion states.

A gag order that’s been imposed in the case prohibits prosecutors and defense attorneys from discussing the case.

In his motion, McCollum said “the information is requested on the grounds that it is essential to insure the Defendant’s right to a fair trial, the right to confrontation of witnesses, the right to effective Counsel and due process of law guaranteed by the South Carolina Constitution.”

Sidney and Tammy Moorer were taken into custody on Feb. 21, 2014. They were indicted a month later and remain behind bars pending trial.

In addition to murder, the Moorers have been charged with kidnapping, obstruction of justice and two counts of indecent exposure.

In June, the state attorney general’s office filed additional financial-related charges against the Moorers. An attorney general spokesman said the charges are not related to the murder case.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_c27b4160-1377-11e4-b85f-0017a43b2370.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyfloridaopinion Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:56 pm

Although this references Heather Elvis, another woman also remains missing in mid-FL.  

Florida examination of human remains continues, no direct link to Heather Elvis found

It's still too soon to say whether or not the skeletal remains found last week in Florida are linked in any way to the Heather Elvis case, according to Florida investigators.

More:

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_4ed58492-b6ba-11e3-b1bb-0017a43b2370.html
inmyfloridaopinion
inmyfloridaopinion

Job/hobbies : Family (and Zoo) Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:12 pm

DNA analysis of remains found in Florida complete, findings inconclusive

Posted: Friday, August 22, 2014 11:38 am
Updated: 3:01 pm, Tue Aug 26, 2014.
By Michael Smith

DNA testing has been completed on human remains recently found in Florida that attracted the attention of Horry County police investigating the disappearance of Heather Elvis, according to a Florida law enforcement agency.

But the findings are creating more questions than answers since the remains still have not been positively identified.

After performing DNA analysis of the remains, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement said results of the analysis were inconclusive, and recommended further testing by a national expert, said Samantha Andrews, an agency spokeswoman.

"FDLE completed our analysis and returned the results to the Volusia County Sheriff's Office," Andrews said via email. "It is my understanding that we were not able to make any positive identification."

The remains were sent to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for DNA analysis after separate autopsies were performed by the Volusia County Medical Examiner's Office and University of Florida in Gainesville, Fla., a sheriff's office spokesman said.

On March 20, a man walking in DeLand, Fla. found skeletal human remains along the side of a road not far from the I-4 corridor between Daytona Beach and Orlando.

Horry County police investigating the Heather Elvis case contacted Volusia County authorities shortly after the remains were found.

Horry County police have said they can't explain why, citing a Circuit Court judge's gag order, though Volusia County authorities confirmed Horry County police did contact them about the Elvis case after the remains were found.

Sidney Moorer, 38, and his wife Tammy Moorer, 42, both of Socastee, have been charged with murder, kidnapping, obstruction of justice and two counts of indecent exposure in connection with Elvis' disappearance.

The Moorers vacationed in the Orlando area in January, three weeks after Elvis disappeared on Dec. 18, 2013, and six weeks before they were charged on Feb. 21.

Elvis, who was 20 years old when she disappeared, still has not been found.

Gary Davidson, spokesman for the Volusia County Sheriff's Office, declined to comment Friday regarding the DNA analysis.

In Florida, autopsy results are considered public information, but Davidson cited an exemption in that state's law that he said allows law enforcement agencies to not release autopsy findings during active criminal investigations.

"We won’t be releasing any additional records while the investigation is still ongoing," Davidson said via email. "Sorry, wish I had something more for you, but there just isn’t anything new that we can release at this time."

Andrews, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement spokeswoman, said the agency recommended to Volusia County authorities to work with the University of North Texas and its center for human identification in an attempt to identify the remains.

"They have the technology for these types of cases," Andrews said.

The University of North Texas is where human remains found during a search for Heather Elvis were sent. Those remains were found along some train tracks near Tidewater Road just west of Myrtle Beach in early January.

In July, the Horry County Coroner's office identified the Myrtle Beach remains as belonging to David Matthew Mino, who was 47 years old when he was last seen in July 2011 in the Surfside Beach/Garden City area.

A preliminary report about the Florida remains has been published on the National Unidentified Missing Persons Data System (NamUS) website, which is part of the U.S. Department of Justice.

The NamUS report classified the remains as belonging to an adult. The report couldn't determine the victim's race and gender, nor could it estimate the victim's age at time of death or how long the remains had been there.

Other identifying features such as height and weight also couldn't be estimated, according to the report.

The report did describe body conditions as "not recognizable" and as a "near complete or complete skeleton."

The body was wrapped in a pink bath robe, curtains and a homemade Mickey Mouse print bed sheet, the NamUS report continued.

A Volusia County Sheriff's Office incident report said a man walking just outside the city limits of DeLand, Fla. found the remains in a trash bag.

"While cleaning the roadway he observed a garbage bag on the side of Oak St [sic] just north of the intersection of Oak St [sic] and International Speedway Blvd., Deland," the report said. "Upon moving the bag he discovered it contained what appeared to be human remains."

Elvis was last heard from in the early morning hours of Dec. 18, 2013 after returning to her Carolina Forest apartment after returning home from a first date with a Murrells Inlet man who's been cleared of any involvement in her disappearance.

She was last known to be at the Peachtree Boat Landing in Socastee, which is about eight miles away, at 3:41 a.m. Dec. 18, about two hours after returning home from her date, according to cell phone records.

Jimmy Richardson, solicitor for the 15th Judicial Circuit, has said he hopes to have the Heather Elvis case tried by the wintertime.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_5dfdaea6-2a12-11e4-93d5-0017a43b2370.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down