Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi all! Just wonder if anyone else wasted their money on the new People magazine?

+5
toodygoodshoes
Stephanie
Impetuous
MomintheVille
obsessedviewer
9 posters

Go down

Hi all! Just wonder if anyone else wasted their money on the new People magazine? Empty Hi all! Just wonder if anyone else wasted their money on the new People magazine?

Post by obsessedviewer Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:48 am

It has Casey and Caylee on the front. Big story in it. I told my husband I probally know more than whats in it But I bought it anyways. I was right I already seen every picture and knew everything. Nothing New in it don't waste your money!
obsessedviewer
obsessedviewer
Squirrel Hunter
Squirrel Hunter

Job/hobbies : I love sewing, quilting, blogging, scrapbooking

Back to top Go down

Hi all! Just wonder if anyone else wasted their money on the new People magazine? Empty Re: Hi all! Just wonder if anyone else wasted their money on the new People magazine?

Post by MomintheVille Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:50 am

obsessedviewer wrote:

It has Casey and Caylee on the front. Big story in it. I told my husband I probally know more than whats in it But I bought it anyways. I was right I already seen every picture and knew everything. Nothing New in it don't waste your money!
Ha! Same thing , My family and I were in the grocery and my daughter saw the People -My husband said that I probably knew more then was in the mag and he was right!
MomintheVille
MomintheVille
Serial Blogger
Serial Blogger

Back to top Go down

Hi all! Just wonder if anyone else wasted their money on the new People magazine? Empty Re: Hi all! Just wonder if anyone else wasted their money on the new People magazine?

Post by Impetuous Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:53 am

so not worth the money? Good, I won't go out and spend my money. Thank you...we probably do know why much more on here because we've got such good minds reviewing all the information! :D
Impetuous
Impetuous
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : True Crime Buff & Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:03 am

I didn't get it. I don't read magazines now that there's this wonderful Internet. :) We're faster than they are!!

Goodnight folks - thank you all for those who have joined and those who put forth the effort to make this wonderful new blog. Its time for me to hit the hay!!

Remember - as you all go to sleep in your comfy beds tonight..Casey's in jail. Either freaking the freak out, or not caring and simply sleeping the nights and days away.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)

Job/hobbies : Full Time Mom/Student

Back to top Go down

Post by toodygoodshoes Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:39 pm

I bought it at the grocery check-out. Nothing new.
toodygoodshoes
toodygoodshoes
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Caringincleveland Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:15 am

i did buy it in the checkout also, I dont always get the news or read in the blogs, so wondered if there was something i hadnt already heard........for me there was.
I am so convinced this mom does not care for her child, and all it took for me was to see her face, no swollen eyes and freaking out crying is enuff to convince me how evil Casey Anthony really is.
i pray daily for this child to be found and given a proper service and resting place with a gazillion teddy bears and candles....I think we all cry more for her than her own family could even imagine, How pathetic is that.
GOD BLESS CAYLEE MARIE

Caringincleveland
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by obsessedviewer Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:19 am

Caringincleveland wrote:i did buy it in the checkout also, I dont always get the news or read in the blogs, so wondered if there was something i hadnt already heard........for me there was.
I am so convinced this mom does not care for her child, and all it took for me was to see her face, no swollen eyes and freaking out crying is enuff to convince me how evil Casey Anthony really is.
i pray daily for this child to be found and given a proper service and resting place with a gazillion teddy bears and candles....I think we all cry more for her than her own family could even imagine, How pathetic is that.
GOD BLESS CAYLEE MARIE
Well I like to think that at least the Grandparents cared but unfortunately they care more about covering up for their daughter.
obsessedviewer
obsessedviewer
Squirrel Hunter
Squirrel Hunter

Job/hobbies : I love sewing, quilting, blogging, scrapbooking

Back to top Go down

Post by vixen Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:07 pm

I already subscribe so I got it anyway.

One thing I wanted to touch on that always gives me pause. It's not just in this case, but I see it a lot in newspapers and magazines.

It's the pictures of the bereaved - in this case George and Cindy, but it could be anyone. Can you just imagine the guy assigned to take the photo? What is he saying?? "Hey, could you try to look sad and forlorn for the camera?" I mean, taking a candid photo of someone who is bereaved or grieving is one thing: it's capturing a sincere moment on film. But when they have those staged photos - like Cindy in the last People leaning against Caylee's bed, or in this issue George and Cindy holding each other and looking at a picture on the wall.

To me it's like staged grief and is really kind of creepy.
vixen
vixen

Job/hobbies : Medical Transcriptionist

Back to top Go down

Post by kmargo Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:31 pm

I have a subscription too LMAO :)

kmargo
kmargo

Back to top Go down

Hi all! Just wonder if anyone else wasted their money on the new People magazine? Empty Yes, it's standard for magazines to stage pics

Post by Gilda Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:18 am

vixen wrote:One thing I wanted to touch on that always gives me pause. It's not just in this case, but I see it a lot in newspapers and magazines.

It's the pictures of the bereaved - in this case George and Cindy, but it could be anyone. Can you just imagine the guy assigned to take the photo? What is he saying?? "Hey, could you try to look sad and forlorn for the camera?" I mean, taking a candid photo of someone who is bereaved or grieving is one thing: it's capturing a sincere moment on film. But when they have those staged photos - like Cindy in the last People leaning against Caylee's bed, or in this issue George and Cindy holding each other and looking at a picture on the wall.

To me it's like staged grief and is really kind of creepy.

That's exactly what it is. Staged. They don't shoot just one pic of each pose, they shoot dozens so they can get it "just right". I've done lots of photography and my daughter is a professional photographer, so I speak from experience, although we don't shoot "newsworthy" stuff. A photo session takes hours. So of the few pictures that were published of Cindy in PEOPLE ("look distraught, Cindy"), you can bet there were dozens and dozens more shot that day. Cindy must have been in her glory getting all that attention.

There are lots of tricks used to get the best picture. :cyclops: They do that with political candidates, too - the right clothes, "stand tall so you'll look youthful and energetic", "smile when you visit children so they think you like kids", "pretend to love your spouse". It's all about image. During the very first televised presidential debate in 1960, some people watched it on TV, while others heard it on the radio. The people who listened to the radio broadcast thought Nixon did best. Those who watched on TV said Kennedy did best. Why? Because it was all about image. The nicely dressed good-looking guy appeared more qualified and personable than the older guy who had a sore knee and had trouble with it during the entire debate.

Image is the thing in today's world.

Please note: This isn't a political statement or endorsement, just a matter of the photographer's facts of life.
Gilda
Gilda
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down