Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRYSON CLARDY - 4 Months (2/2011) - Mount Vernon (W of Evansville) IN

+2
Watcher_of_all
kiwimom
6 posters

Go down

BRYSON CLARDY - 4 Months (2/2011) - Mount Vernon (W of Evansville) IN Empty BRYSON CLARDY - 4 Months (2/2011) - Mount Vernon (W of Evansville) IN

Post by kiwimom Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:38 am

http://www.wave3.com/story/14045857/mt-vernon-police-arrest-made-in-developing-case

MOUNT VERNON, IN (WFIE) – A four-month-old baby boy is dead, and the father of the child arrested.
23-year-old Alex Lear is in the Posey County
jail charged with murder, neglect of a dependent resulting in death and
battery resulting in the death of four-month-old Bryson Clardy.
Friday morning Lear will leave the jail and
make his first court appearance, and police and family members of the
deceased this will not be his first time in front of a judge.
"The mother is very distraught," Grant Beloat of the Mt. Vernon Police Department
"When you are dealing with the death of a
four-month-old child, it's hard on myself and my deputies," Eddie Gooff Warrick Co. Coroner.
James Clardy, grandfather of four-month-old
Bryson James echo's law enforcement's sentiments Clardy has been urging
his daughter to end her relationship with 23-year-old Timothy Alex Lear.
He says Lear left her with a bump on her four head and a black eye years ago.
Tuesday his worst fear become a reality when
Mt. Vernon police arrested Lear on three felony counts, one for
murdering his 4-month-old grandson Bryson.
"This is the first murder of the year. It's
even more tragic when it involves the death of a 4-month-old," Grant
Beloat of the Mt. Vernon Police Department says.
Mt. Vernon police say when they arrived at
Green Valley Apartments, where Lear was babysitting Monday night, Bryson was not breathing.
The baby was taken to Evansville and placed on a ventilator, just before midnight. Monday the baby was pronounced dead.
An autopsy was conducted Tuesday, the coroner ruled it a homicide. The cause of death blunt force trauma.
"There were trauma that was noted in multiple areas of the child body," Gooff says.
The injuries the coroner says later could be indicative of a violent car accident.
This isn't Lears first brush with violence,
in the last four years Lear has had a half dozen protective orders filed against him.
He also spent sometime in the Vanderburgh Co. jail for battery, confinement and intimidation.
Lear will be in court Friday and Clardy he'll spend a long time behind bars.BRYSON CLARDY - 4 Months (2/2011) - Mount Vernon (W of Evansville) IN 14045857_BG2
Previous mug shot of Lear from the Vanderburgh Co. Sheriff's Office
kiwimom
kiwimom
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

BRYSON CLARDY - 4 Months (2/2011) - Mount Vernon (W of Evansville) IN Empty Re: BRYSON CLARDY - 4 Months (2/2011) - Mount Vernon (W of Evansville) IN

Post by Watcher_of_all Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:56 pm

http://tristatehomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=246796

Update: Father in Court in Baby Death Case

Updated: February 18, 2011
Update: A tearful court appearance for the Posey County man accused of murder in connection with the death of a 4-month old boy. Timothy "Alex" Lear cried as he left Posey Circuit Court following his inital court appearance Friday. In court, Judge James Redwine ordered Lear to remain held without bond. He also appointed a public defender and set Lear's next court appearance for March 14th. An autopsy shows 4-month-old Bryson Clardy died Monday from blunt force trauma. Lear was watching Clardy Monday, then called 911 when the child stopped breathing. Police say Lear is the Clardy's father, however an obituary in Friday's Evansville Courier and Press does not list a father's name.

Update: Timothy "Alex" Lear is facing charges of murder, neglect of a child, and battery in Posey County. He made his first court appearance in Posey County Friday morning.

UPDATE: The Warrick County Coroner says a 4-month old in Mount Vernon died from blunt force trauma.

Mount Vernon Police say Timothy "Alex" Lear is facing charges of murder, neglect of a child, and battery in Posey County. Officials don't know what caused the injuries or if any weapons were involved, but they do believe the child's father is responsible.

It was a tragic Valentine's Day for the family of 4-month-old Bryson Clardy. Mount Vernon Police say the boys father, Timothy Lear was home alone with Clardy while his mother was at work. Lear is now facing murder charges. Investigators say he was at his home at Green Valley Apartments when he called 911.

"The fire department showed up first, I thought well there's a fire over there and when the cops showed, I really got suspicious," Neighbor, David Bates said.

Clardy was taken to Deaconess Hospital in Evansville, then transferred to Deaconess Gateway in Newburgh, where he was pronounced dead just before midnight. The Warrick County Coroner says Clardy died from blunt force trauma.

"Trauma was found in multiple areas of the body of the child," Warrick County Coroner, Eddie Goff said.

"Yeah, I'm surprised because I've bummed cigarettes from him and he acted like a total nice guy. I didn't think he'd do something like that," Bates said.

Police say this type of crime is rare in Mount Vernon. They say it's the first homicide in the town this year.

"Well fortunately, we don't have very many homicides at all and it's even more tragic when it involves these kind of circumstances and a 4-month-old child," Mt. Vernon Police Chief Grant Beloat said.

"Anytime you're dealing with a death of anyone, you always know there's a family behind that death and it breaks one's heart, but when you're dealing with a 4-month-old child, emotionally, hard for myself as the coroner," Goff said.

Now, as investigators try to figure out what happened, a family is left heart broken over a life taken to soon.

The Coroner says they are waiting for the final autopsy results, which could take weeks. Authorities say Lear has a criminal history. They say in 2008, he was criminally charged with domestic battery involving the 4-month-old's mother, Maggie Clardy. Lear is being held in the Posey County Jail, and will appear in court Friday morning.

PREVIOUS REPORT:
The Warrick County Coroner says a 4-month old in Mt. Vernon died from blunt force trauma.
The man police believe to be the child's biological father, Timothy Lear, is facing charges of murder in Posey County.
Investigators say Lear was home with 4-month-old Bryson Clardy Monday evening. Lear called 9-1-1 to say the child was not breathing.
Clardy was taken to Deaconess Hospital in Evansville, then transferred to Gateway Hospital in Newburgh, where he was pronounced dead just before midnight.
The coroner says Clardy had numerous signs of trauma to his body.

Update:
The Posey County Prosecutor says he will meet with the Mt. Vernon Police Chief to discuss potential formal charges against 23 year old Alex Lear.
According to Prosecutor Travis Clowers, Lear is being held in the Posey County Jail on a preliminary charge of murder.
Lear is accused in the murder of four month old Bryson James.
The jail will not release Lear's mug shot until Thursday's press conference.
Sources tell Fox 7 Lear is the boyfriend of the baby's mother, Maggie Clardy.
The baby's grandmother is asking the community to pray for both families involved.

Previously Reported:
Mt. Vernon Police will hold a press conference Thursday morning regarding the death of a four month old baby.
Police Chief Grant Beloat says a person connected to the case has already been arrested and preliminarily charged with murder.
Beloat says the baby died February 14, but would not give any further information.
The press conference will be held Thursday at 10:00 a.m. at the Hovey House in Mt. Vernon.
BRYSON CLARDY - 4 Months (2/2011) - Mount Vernon (W of Evansville) IN Raw

/* for the blank comment, from which new comments are created */
.comment.blank
{
display: none;
}

Watcher_of_all
Watcher_of_all

Back to top Go down

BRYSON CLARDY - 4 Months (2/2011) - Mount Vernon (W of Evansville) IN Empty Re: BRYSON CLARDY - 4 Months (2/2011) - Mount Vernon (W of Evansville) IN

Post by babyjustice Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:51 am

Snipped from above article:

"Yeah, I'm surprised because I've bummed cigarettes from him and he acted like a total nice guy. I didn't think he'd do something like that," Bates said."

Sheesh, you never can tell who will kill a sweet innocent baby can you? Just cause someone give you a cigarette doesn't mean he's a nice guy. This guy has assaulted the mother before so she had signs he was violent. The picture of the baby is so sweet. Poor little thing. Hope the father gets life in prison.

babyjustice
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

BRYSON CLARDY - 4 Months (2/2011) - Mount Vernon (W of Evansville) IN Empty my answer to you and your opinion

Post by calyturn1989 Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:03 am

babyjustice wrote:Snipped from above article:

"Yeah, I'm surprised because I've bummed cigarettes from him and he acted like a total nice guy. I didn't think he'd do something like that," Bates said."

Sheesh, you never can tell who will kill a sweet innocent baby can you? Just cause someone give you a cigarette doesn't mean he's a nice guy. This guy has assaulted the mother before so she had signs he was violent. The picture of the baby is so sweet. Poor little thing. Hope the father gets life in prison.

What do you know about this do you personally know the family, because I can bet you don't know mine. Alex is my brother. You don't know him. And who are you to talk about the mother that way. Do you know how devistating this is to both our families and people like you make me sick. My life, my families life, or Bryson's life are none of your business. I love my nephew, I love my brother, and I love the other family who also lost Byrson. Shame on you for this.

calyturn1989
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by babyjustice Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:38 am

calyturn1989 wrote:
babyjustice wrote:Snipped from above article:

What do you know about this do you personally know the family, because I can bet you don't know mine. Alex is my brother. You don't know him. And who are you to talk about the mother that way. Do you know how devistating this is to both our families and people like you make me sick. My life, my families life, or Bryson's life are none of your business. I love my nephew, I love my brother, and I love the other family who also lost Byrson. Shame on you for this.

First of all I am sorry for your loss. The death of an innocent baby due to child abuse is a heinous crime and I hope the murderer is sent to prison for life. This sweet baby did not deserve to be tortured and killed and I certainly hope you agree with that. Brother or not, if he did this to Bryson then he deserves to be punished. I have two brothers and if they abused and murdered their own child, I would stand for justice and not try to excuse their horrific behavior.

The only thing I said about the mother is that according to public record she knew Alex was violent as he has abused her before. There have been charges against him and her own father warned her. Women need to get far away from abusers because this is what happens. They end up taking their anger out on innocent defensiveless children. Again, I am sorry for the loss of Bryson but not sorry the murderer is in jail and I hope he is put away for life.

This statement was snipped from the above article. Are you disputing it and the statements that Alex has been charged with abuse and battery before?

"James Clardy, grandfather of four-month-old Bryson James echo's law enforcement's sentiments Clardy has been urging his daughter to end her relationship with 23-year-old Timothy Alex Lear.
He says Lear left her with a bump on her four head and a black eye years ago.
Tuesday his worst fear become a reality when Mt. Vernon police arrested Lear on three felony counts, one for murdering his 4-month-old grandson Bryson."

babyjustice

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:39 am

Dad guilty of Valentine’s Day murder of infant son
On July 23, 2012 ·

By Dave Pearce
It took a jury just about an hour on Friday to find Timothy Alexander “Alex” Lear, 25, guilty of murdering his 4-month-old son, Bryson James Clardy, in February of 2011. Lear was also found guilty of the charge of neglect of a dependent resulting in death and battery on a child resulting in death, both Class A felonies.

According to testimony at the trial, 13 separate injuries were documented on the infant, including brain damage and bruises that medical experts had testified were from somebody holding and squeezing the baby tightly, as well as a bruise on his forehead, a fist-sized bruise on the stomach and a spiral fracture of the arm, consistent with arm twisting.
Posey County Prosecutor Travis Clowers remained somber following the trial telling one reporter that the only satisfaction that comes from a situation such as this is “to hug the child’s mother and grandmother and let them know that justice will be served.”
A jury of seven women and five men served in the trial where jury selection began on Monday of this week in Posey Circuit Court.
According to Mount Vernon Police Chief Grant Beloat, on the evening of Feb. 14, 2011, at approximately 7:20 p.m., the Mount Vernon Police Department responded to Apt. No. 53 at Green Valley Apartments on the north side of the town. Beloat said the Posey County EMS and the Mount Vernon Fire Department also responded to the call.
“The call was in response to the call that a four-month-old child who was not breathing and was unresponsive,” Beloat said. “The child received medical attention and was transported to Deaconess Hospital in Evansville at approximately 8:03 p.m. The child received medical attention at that facility and was then transferred to Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Warrick County where at approximately 11:45, the child was pronounced dead.”
Lear had been babysitting for his child and another three-year-old child of the woman on the date of the death while the mother was at work. The other child had left the residence at some prior time that day.
Beloat continued that local officials had been working with the office of the Warrick County Coroner and former Mount Vernon resident Eddie Goff. An autopsy was conducted and it was determined that the cause of death was a homicide.
Goff indicated that the child had a fractured upper arm, brain swelling and multiple other bruises.
“Upon investigation, my deputies found that there was significant cause to perform an autopsy on this individual,” Goff said. “Trauma was found in multiple areas of the body of the child.”
“Anytime you are dealing with the death of anyone, you always know there is a family behind that death and it breaks one’s heart,” Goff said at the time. “But when you are dealing with a four-month-old child, it tears at you emotionally. It is hard for myself, as the coroner, and my deputies. But we have a job to do and we are doing that thoroughly and working seamlessly with the law enforcement community in Posey County.”
Investigators questioned Lear, the baby’s biological father. He was subsequently charged with murder and neglect of a child resulting in death, a Class A Felony, and battery resulting in the death of a child, also a Class A Felony.
“The father did call in, called 911, and reported that the child was coughing and not breathing and requested medical assistance,” Beloat said.
Beloat confirmed that Lear does have a prior criminal history, but that there had never been a call involving this child. He indicated that Lear had been at home with the child since the mother had left for work at around noon.
Lear was arrested subsequently arrested and formally charged with murder, neglect of a dependent resulting in death and battery resulting in the death of four-month-old Bryson Clardy.
Local attorney William Gooden was appointed to represent Lear.
Gooden says he believes his client has a history of serious mental health problems.
In the four years preceding his arrest on murder charges, Lear has had a half dozen protective orders filed against him. He also has spent time in the Vanderburgh County Jail for battery, confinement and intimidation.
An appeal will be filed on Lear’s hehalf.

http://www.poseycountynews.com/new/2012/07/23/dad-guilty-of-valentines-day-murder-of-infant-son/
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:57 pm

Appeals court upholds convictions

By Sara Manifold, Community Editor
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at 2:25 pm (Updated: July 10, 2:53 pm)

Timothy Alex Lear, 25, was found guilty of the 2011 murder of his 4-month-old son, Bryson Clardy, by a Posey County jury in July 2012.
During the trial, Forensic Pathologist Dr. E. Allen Griggs testified that the baby had 13 injuries, including a spiral fracture to the right arm, which was cause by a violent, twisting motion. Griggs testified before the jury that the injuries the child sustained to the brain were comparable to injuries sustained in a serious car crash.
Dr. Tara Harris, a child abuse pediatrician, testified that the child’s injuries were consistent with a violent shaking and could not have been caused by a fall.
During the trial, the jury viewed testimony via video during Lear’s questioning by police.
Lear claimed that he had tripped and fallen on the child during his testimony.
Posey County Prosecutor Travis Clowers said he’s “pleased with the court’s decision, and hope that this will bring a measure of peace and closure to Bryson’s family.”
Lear was sentenced on July 20, 2012 to 60 years in prison.

http://www.mvdemocrat.com/content/appeals-court-upholds-convictions
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down