Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony: An unforgettable exchange between Dr. G, Cheney Mason - Hal

Go down

Casey Anthony: An unforgettable exchange between Dr. G, Cheney Mason - Hal Empty Casey Anthony: An unforgettable exchange between Dr. G, Cheney Mason - Hal

Post by mom_in_il Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Casey Anthony: An unforgettable exchange between Dr. G, Cheney Mason
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on February, 26 2011 7:38 AM
Discuss This: Comments(69) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Dr. Jan Garavaglia talked to the Orange County Commission in November. Photo credit: Joe Burbank/Orlando Sentinel
WKMG-Channel 6’s Tony Pipitone last night continued his exclusive look at the Casey Anthony depositions.

On Thursday, he concentrated on the deposition of Dr. Jan Garavaglia. On Friday, he turned to the deposition of Roy Kronk, the meter reader who found Caylee Anthony’s remains. The WKMG reports give insight into what may be coming at the trial, which is scheduled to start in May. The state and defense have declined to comment on Pipitone’s reports.

Pipitone saw links between the two depositions and said they “reveal how the defense is challenging the skull and duct tape evidence” found with the toddler. Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in Caylee’s death.

In a July deposition, Kronk recalled finding Caylee’s skull and said it resembled a Halloween mask. “So I just took my meter stick and put it into the right eye socket and I pulled it up and you know I saw it and I saw the duct tape across the mouth and I just went, ‘Oh, s—.’ ”

A week after finding the skull, Kronk had told investigators, “I lifted it [the skull] barely to get a better look at it. … Then I just dropped it.”

Defense attorney Cheney Mason zeroed in on that lifting when questioning medical examiner Garavaglia, Pipitone explained. In this long-running case, their exchange is likely to be remembered as one of the most memorable.

Mason: “When you looked at the pictures, was the mandible [jawbone] there or not?”

Garavaglia: “The mandible was there. It was there on x-ray and it was there in pictures.”

Mason: “Who placed the mandible there?”

Garavaglia: “God.”

But Mason raised the possibility of staging. He asked, “You don’t think there’s any staging of that photograph in your autopsy room after Kronk lifted the skull with a stick in the left orbital socket?”

Garavaglia said she didn’t believe that happened.

Mason asked, “You don’t believe Mr. Kronk lifted the skull with a stick?”

Garavaglia: “I think he might have poked it, but you can see that the way the picture is situated that there wasn’t a lot of movement going on with the skull.”

Mark O’Mara, an attorney who is WKMG’s legal analyst, said the defense may argue that the evidence was staged. “It may well have some ground if there’s other evidence of it [staging],” O’Mara said. “There’s a lot of dots to connect if you’re going to suggest a scene was staged.”

What do you think?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/02/casey-anthony-an-unforgettable-exchange-between-dr-g-cheney-mason.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down