Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RICHARD-WORKMAN Babies - Fort Smith AR

2 posters

Go down

RICHARD-WORKMAN Babies - Fort Smith AR Empty RICHARD-WORKMAN Babies - Fort Smith AR

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:31 pm

Three people were arrested in Fort
Smith, charged with felony child endangerment after police said they
found two abused and malnourished infants.
RICHARD-WORKMAN Babies - Fort Smith AR 27226688_181X240
Angel Richard
RICHARD-WORKMAN Babies - Fort Smith AR 27226666_180X240
Melissa Workman
RICHARD-WORKMAN Babies - Fort Smith AR 27226713_173X240
Ricky Bruner Sr.

Officers stopped 21-year-old Angel Richard as she was walking
with her baby in Fort Smith on Wednesday. Police said the child had
bruises and scratches on its face. EMS was called to the scene and
transported the infant to a local hospital.Police said they later
went to Richard's home, where they found 21-year-old Melissa Workman
and 33-year-old Ricky Bruner Sr. with another baby they said also
appeared to be abused.The investigator said he met Melissa
Workman at the door of the house in the 1400 block of North 5th Street
and explained why police were there. While inside the house, the
investigator saw a 2-month-old baby sitting in a car seat, covered with
blankets, and in front of a heater. Officers said they asked Workman if
they could see her infant son without the blankets and check his
condition. Workman uncovered her son and police discovered that the baby
was grossly malnourished to point that EMS was called to take him to
the hospital.All three are being held in the Sebastian County Jail without bond.
At last report, doctors were preparing to transfer the babies to Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

RICHARD-WORKMAN Babies - Fort Smith AR Empty Re: RICHARD-WORKMAN Babies - Fort Smith AR

Post by babyluv Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:33 pm

PARENTS PLEAD NOT GUILTY OF ABUSING/STARVING INFANTS
Three Fort Smith parents accused of abusing two infants pleaded not guilty to battery charges Wednesday in Sebastian County Circuit Court.

Angel Nichole Richard, 20, is charged with first-degree domestic battery in connection with injuries caused to her 2-month-old son.(...)

Melissa Ann Workman, 21, and Ricky Joe Bruner Sr., 33, are charged with first-degree battery in connection with the neglect of their 2-month-old son, which led to his becoming "seriously malnourished and dehydrated," according to a police report.

Wagoner told Circuit Court Judge Michael Fitzhugh that Richard admitted to battering her child in a manner that was consistent with his injuries.

Detective Michael McCoy, Fort Smith police, previously said Richard's son suffered two broken legs, multiple facial bruises, a brain hemorrhage and other broken bones in different stages of healing.

When police made contact with Richard, her son was bundled in a blanket in a stroller with blood coming from both nostrils and bruising on both sides of his head, according to a police report.

Richard initially told police the child was injured when she left him with Workman and Bruner, one or two days earlier.(...)

When investigators told Richard that, according to the physician treating him, her son's injuries were more than one or two days old, Richard told them she had an anger management problem and would "jerk" her son out of his crib and strike his head on the bed rail and would pick him up under his arms and shake him, according to a police report.

Workman initially insisted she fed her son every three hours, before then telling police she fed him two or three times a day and finally admitting she only fed him "once a week for a period of time," according to a police report.
The infant weighed 7.1 pounds when he was born Jan. 12, but weighed only about 6 pounds when he was hospitalized March 16, according to a police report.

Sgt. Daniel Grubbs, Fort Smith police, said officials at ACH told McCoy they anticipated releasing Richard's son to the custody of the Arkansas Department of Human Services on Wednesday, while Workman and Bruner's son would remain hospitalized until he gains more weight.
I thought it was important to mention that there was one hero in this horrifying case- the neighbor who alerted the police to the plight of these babies and probably saved their lives.

I read an interview with the neighbor (unfortunatly I can't remember where!) Apparently she saw Angel Richards walking with the baby in a stroller. She pulled aside the blanket and was horrified to see the baby's condition- bleeding, bruised and skelatal. She was quoted as saying "I THOUGHT THE BABY WAS DEAD!" She then gave Angel a choice: Get in my van now and we can take the baby to the hospital OR I will call the police and you will never see your son again! When Angel walked away, she called 911!

I hope these babies will continue to improve and be placed in new homes with LOTS of love and LOTS of food!
kisses

http://www.swtimes.com/news/article_a093c3be-5625-11e0-a7d5-001cc4c002e0.html
babyluv
babyluv
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Job/hobbies : Mommy/ Crusader

Back to top Go down