Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NYGELL EASTER - 5 Months (2011)/ Convicted: Father; Nicholas Easter - Indianapolis IN

3 posters

Go down

NYGELL EASTER - 5 Months (2011)/ Convicted: Father; Nicholas Easter - Indianapolis IN Empty NYGELL EASTER - 5 Months (2011)/ Convicted: Father; Nicholas Easter - Indianapolis IN

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:16 pm

A man charged with murder and neglect of a dependent in the death of his
5-month-old son entered a not-guilty plea Wednesday as the child's
mother defended her boyfriend.Nicholas Easter, 20, of
Indianapolis, was charged a week after his son, Nygell Easter, was found
unresponsive at his home in the 6600 block of Fairway Avenue.Indianapolis
police said Easter claimed the infant had been placed unstrapped on a
bed in a car seat and that the seat had fallen onto the floor while he
was in a bathroom.
A probable cause affidavit indicated police didn't believe the story
because pathologists found that the child's injuries could not have been
the result of a fall.

NYGELL EASTER - 5 Months (2011)/ Convicted: Father; Nicholas Easter - Indianapolis IN 27274876_240X180NYGELL EASTER - 5 Months (2011)/ Convicted: Father; Nicholas Easter - Indianapolis IN 27292781_240X180
Nicholas Easter - - - - - - - - - - - - Alexis Lahr

"It was an accident, clearly. We're going to find out what happened with
my child, but I know my boyfriend did not do this," said Alexis Lahr,
the infant's mother, outside court. "It's heartbreaking. I lost my son.
Of course, he's number one, and I'm losing the biggest support I have."Easter is being held without bond at the Marion County Jail. Another hearing was set for April 15.He
is a registered sex offender who was convicted of sexual misconduct
with a minor in 2010, according to the Indiana Sex Offender Registry.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/27292815/detail.html
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

NYGELL EASTER - 5 Months (2011)/ Convicted: Father; Nicholas Easter - Indianapolis IN Empty Re: NYGELL EASTER - 5 Months (2011)/ Convicted: Father; Nicholas Easter - Indianapolis IN

Post by babyluv Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:07 pm

I wish that 'mom' had defended her inocent child's life HALF as hard as she is defending her stupid boyfriend!
babyluv
babyluv
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Job/hobbies : Mommy/ Crusader

Back to top Go down

NYGELL EASTER - 5 Months (2011)/ Convicted: Father; Nicholas Easter - Indianapolis IN Empty Re: NYGELL EASTER - 5 Months (2011)/ Convicted: Father; Nicholas Easter - Indianapolis IN

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:20 am

babyluv wrote:I wish that 'mom' had defended her inocent child's life HALF as hard as she is defending her stupid boyfriend!
---Welcome Luv of Baby! Yes, sadly we see this attitude all the time. They would rather lose a child than lose their source of "romantic comfort".
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:48 pm

Man Gets 16-Year Sentence In Infant Son's Death
Mom Defends Boy's Father

Posted: 03/02/2012
Last Updated: 606 days ago

A man who pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter and neglect of a dependent in the death of his 5-month-old son received a 16-year sentence on Friday.

Nicholas Easter, 21, was arrested in 2011, a week after his son, Nygell Easter, was found unresponsive at his home in the 6600 block of Fairway Avenue.

Indianapolis police said Easter claimed the infant had been placed unstrapped on a bed in a car seat and that the seat had fallen onto the floor while he was in the bathroom.

Prosecutors didn't believe the story because pathologists found that the child's injuries could not have been the result of a fall.

"His solution was to hit that child over and over again," said Marion County Deputy Prosecutor Kristina Korbov. "The victim was completely helpless."

Dr. Antoinette Lasky testified that Nygell suffered several blows to the head that would have required great force.

"Nicholas Easter is the person who killed his child by repeatedly hitting him in the head. Whether the mother wants to accept that or not is irrelevant. The science tells you that is what happened, and in fact, that's what he admitted doing,” Korbov said.

The infant's mother, Alexis Lahr, 22, defended Easter, saying the child's death wasn't intentional, RTV6's Derrik Thomas reported.

"I don't believe that. I don't believe he did it. I can't tell you what happened. He's an amazing person, good-hearted and kind," she said.

The infant’s aunt, Melissa Hall, said she was disappointed in the sentence.

"It's tough. It was tough. I'm not surprised he pleaded down. I was hoping for more,” Hall said.

Easter was on probation at the time of the child's death. He had been convicted of sexual misconduct with a minor in 2010.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/man-gets-16-year-sentence-in-infant-son-s-death
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down