Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KELLY ROTHWELL - 35 yo - Indian Rocks Beach (Gulf Coast; S of Clearwater) FL

5 posters

Go down

KELLY ROTHWELL - 35 yo - Indian Rocks Beach (Gulf Coast; S of Clearwater) FL Empty KELLY ROTHWELL - 35 yo - Indian Rocks Beach (Gulf Coast; S of Clearwater) FL

Post by moosekrazy Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:33 am

Fla. police recruit missing, boyfriend won't talk

INDIAN ROCKS BEACH, Fla. – Kelly Rothwell liked to tell friends she had the best backyard: From the living room window in her second-floor condo, she could see the blue water of the Gulf of Mexico gently rolling onto the white, sandy beach. It was a soothing sight for Rothwell, a 35-year-old police recruit whose loved ones say her life was anything but tranquil.

Rothwell hasn't been seen in almost three weeks, and detectives, family and friends grimly concede there's a good chance she is dead.

On March 12, she told a close friend over lunch that she was going to break up with her live-in boyfriend David Perry, a former New York state prison guard. The normally sunny Rothwell was becoming increasingly disturbed at his possessive behavior, friend Donna Scharrett said, and had decided to move out of the condo, away from the stunning view but closer to her support system.

"She was excited and positive but at the same time, serene," said Scharrett, who befriended Rothwell at a group meditation on the beach. "She was telling me how she was looking forward to the change in her life. Leaving Dave and graduating from the police academy."

Rothwell drove away from that lunch, Scharrett said, determined to begin her new life.

No one has seen her since that day.

Investigators have scant evidence to prove any crime was committed, but Rothwell's disappearance has them fearing the worst.

"She's an extremely regimented person," said Pinellas County Sheriff's detective Michael Bailey, noting that Rothwell would have never missed one police academy class, much less several weeks of lessons.

Perry, who abruptly moved back to Elmira, N.Y., has refused to take a DNA test or even talk to authorities beyond having his lawyer give them a loose, three-hour timeline of the night Rothwell disappeared. Messages left at listings for him were not returned.

Perry's lawyer, Thomas Reilly, said Friday that his client has the right not to talk to authorities, and that Perry got upset when investigators recently asked him for a DNA sample.

"He tells me he did nothing, he doesn't know where she is," Reilly said.

Bailey and Detective Amy Plourde have had to find out as much as they can about Rothwell's life by talking to her friends, family and neighbors.

Rothwell was born and raised in Maryland and went to college in southern Colorado. As a human resources employee for a hotel chain, she moved to Florida in 2006 and immediately rented the Gulf-front condo. Neighbor Ken Williamson described the young woman as "quiet and sweet."

"But when we got Dave in here, that was a different story," said Williamson, who is 76.

According to New York Department of Corrections records, Perry was hired in 1986, went on sick leave in 2004 and never returned to duty. He retired in 2005.

Neighbors in Elmira said Perry was friendly enough and has kept a tidy home there.

Rothwell's sister Lindsay said Perry, now 46, met Kelly Rothwell in line at Sweet Tomatoes, a salad bar chain. Perry wasn't living in Florida at the time but moved from New York "in a matter of two to three weeks," the sister said.

Lindsay Rothwell didn't know much about the couple — "Kelly was always private with her relationships" — but said she visited them once and found herself wary of Perry because he had a bad temper.

"He kind of made her distant from her family," the sister said. "She always seemed like she couldn't talk. It's almost like he put her in a trance."

Lindsay Rothwell and others who knew Rothwell said Perry monitored her online activity and texted her incessantly.

Neighbor Williamson said Perry's temper would change quickly and he would get angry at small incidents. Once, Williamson washed his deck, which was near Perry's parking space. Water had dripped on Perry's car.

"He went ballistic," Williamson said, adding that he called police because he felt so threatened. No arrests were made.

Kelly Rothwell's company downsized and she lost her job. In late 2010, she decided to switch careers and enrolled in police academy, a choice that came as no surprise to her friend Scharrett.

"She would typically come to my house and we would sit here for hours drinking herbal tea, talking about life," Scharrett said. "We both have this romantic notion that, yes, we can change the world one person at a time."

Rothwell would always visit Scharrett, never the other way around. In fact, Scharrett had never even met Perry.

Once in the academy, Rothwell took classes on various laws and procedures. She paid special attention to the domestic violence portion of the lessons.

"That did open her eyes a little bit to the fact that she didn't think it was a very healthy relationship and she might need to get out," said Plourde, the detective.

Rothwell told Scharrett: "I'm going to have to face a lot of my own fears."

On March 11, Rothwell spent the night at Scharrett's. The two drank wine and ate frozen pizza and stayed up talking until 3 in the morning. The next day, they went to a meditation session — Rothwell was interested in New Age beliefs — and then to Chili's for lunch, where Rothwell said she had made up her mind to leave Perry. A friend at the police academy had a home she could stay in, and Scharrett promised to help her move the next day.

Scharrett also asked Rothwell if she wanted her to go along when she talked to Perry.

"It's going to be OK," Scharrett recalled Rothwell saying. "It's going to be a good conversation."

Sunday morning, another recruit from the police academy called Scharrett. Rothwell was supposed to meet a group of academy students but didn't show.

"I literally almost threw up," Scharrett said. "I instantly knew."

She called authorities, who immediately went to the condo. No one was there.

On Sunday, Rothwell's Subaru was found two miles away, parked near a hotel that had no record of her checking in.

Investigators say they consider Perry a witness.

"I don't understand why he's not cooperating and I don't understand why he's not out there trying to find her," Lindsay Rothwell said.

Scharrett has ordered orange bracelets that say "Help Bring Kelly Rothwell Home," and has blanketed Pinellas County with flyers. She's active in a Facebook page dedicated to Rothwell.

"I'm working really hard at trying to do things but there's really nothing I can do," she said. "Everyone has lost in this. Everyone."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_missing_police_recruit
moosekrazy
moosekrazy
Squirrel Hunter
Squirrel Hunter

Back to top Go down

KELLY ROTHWELL - 35 yo - Indian Rocks Beach (Gulf Coast; S of Clearwater) FL Empty Re: KELLY ROTHWELL - 35 yo - Indian Rocks Beach (Gulf Coast; S of Clearwater) FL

Post by alwaysbelieve Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:12 pm

KELLY ROTHWELL - 35 yo - Indian Rocks Beach (Gulf Coast; S of Clearwater) FL 86e6f6a72b22237069158756cbd36ec7

A Friend Recalls Last Day Kelly Rothwell Was Seen

Kelly Rothwell, 35, of Indian Rocks Beach has been missing since March 12.
By
Aiyana Baida
Email the author

March 17, 2011

In January 2008 Donna Scharrett met her dearest friend, Kelly Rothwell,
at an Indian Rocks Beach meditation circle. They were both searching
for some peace, Scharrett said, and they developed a bond through their
experience.

“Every time Kelly and I got together was memorable. We would laugh like schoolgirls. We were really silly,” Scharrett said.

Saturday, March 12 was the last time Scharrett saw Rothwell.

Scharrett
said the women had a girl’s night out on Friday and then Rothwell
stayed at her house in Palm Harbor. They had frozen pizza and a couple
of glasses of wine over laughs.

On Saturday they woke up late and headed to an empowerment qigong yoga class and then went to lunch at Chili's Bar and Grill.

Scharrett
said Rothwell’s plan from there was to get home and end her
relationship with her live-in boyfriend David Perry, 47, who Scharrett
believes was overbearing. “He was checking her phone records, checking
her emails,” Scharrett said.

Rothwell had an appointment the
next day to pick up apartment keys from a friend but Scharrett learned
later that day that she never showed up.

“It was like someone knocked the wind out of me,” Scharrett said.

After repeated unanswered calls, Scharrett contacted police.

When
deputies arrived at Rothwell’s home on Sunday March 13 there was no
sign of her or Perry. According to investigators both vehicles were
gone.

Detectives located Perry in New York. According to homicide detectives, he drove from Florida to New York State sometime between Saturday and Sunday morning.

Officials
do not have a complete timeline for Perry’s whereabouts during that
time because he has refused to cooperate with law enforcement officials
in Pinellas County or New York.

Rothwell’s green 2007 Subaru Outback was later found on Sunday, parked
on 4th Avenue and 2nd Street in Indian Rocks Beach. Her car was two
miles south of her residence.

Rothwell’s family and friends told
detectives that it is very uncharacteristic of Rothwell to disappear
and not return phone calls.

Rothwell’s family resides in
Maryland. In the Tampa Bay area Rothwell was surrounded by friends, who
became her support system, Scharrett said.

“I remember her
standing in my kitchen with a towel wrapped around her head asking,
‘Did you make the tea yet,’” Scharrett said recalling one of the last
times she saw her friend.

This case remains a missing person
case with suspicious circumstances, said Det. Michael Bailey, of the
Sheriff's Office Homicide Unit. Adult missing person reports in
Pinellas County are investigated by the Sheriff's Office's Homicide
Unit.

Scharrett’s plea to the public is for any bit of
information that would lead to bringing Rothwell back and finding out
what happened to her after 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 12. She
stresses that any detail might be helpful.

“You may not think it is important, but it might be,” she said.

http://largo.patch.com/articles/a-friend-recalls-last-day-kelly-rothwell-was-seen

alwaysbelieve
alwaysbelieve
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

KELLY ROTHWELL - 35 yo - Indian Rocks Beach (Gulf Coast; S of Clearwater) FL Empty Re: KELLY ROTHWELL - 35 yo - Indian Rocks Beach (Gulf Coast; S of Clearwater) FL

Post by kiwimom Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:30 pm

For Kelly Rothwell and her fellow police
academy cadets, tonight's graduation ceremony intended to reward several
months of intense training and signify a new start -- a career in
serving the public in law enforcement.

But tonight's ceremony will instead be one
full of tears, sadness and mystery. That's because Rothwell's seat will
be empty, save for a vase full of flowers, one month and a day since she
disappeared on a Saturday afternoon in Pinellas County, Florida.

"I just hope that we find her and bring her back," says Donna Scharrett, Rothwell's best friend and the last person to see the 35-year-old cadet alive, save for her possible killer.

On Friday, March 11, Rothwell spent the night at Scharrett's apartment where they drank tea and talked. And dominating the evening's heart-to-heart was Rothwell's live-in boyfriend
Dave Perry, their worsening relationship and Rothwell's decision to,
the next day, finally end it and move out.

"He was controlling and possessive," says Scharrett. "He broke into her email account. He hacked her password. He would check her phone records to see who was calling her. He was
just...hyper-jealous. Hyper-paranoid."

After the two friends said goodbye Saturday
afternoon on March 12, as Rothwell disappeared as she was on her way
home for the breakup. Friends and family say she would never have just
run away on her own. Her cell phone records show no calls since that
Saturday, nor have her bank or credit cards been used.

But for detectives, by far the most curious
and suspicious fact of this missing persons case, is that her reportedly
possessive and controlling boyfriend left that same day and drove from
Florida all the way north to Elmira, New York. And despite repeated
requests by Florida and New York detectives to interview him, he has
refused to talk. He has not submitted to a DNA test. Through his
attorney, he has only provided a 3-hour timeline of his whereabouts for
that key Saturday afternoon.

"No he hasn't (talked) nor does he have to
provide a DNA test. We've offered to talk to him in Florida, in New
York, with his attorney present, or without. You can read into it how
you like, but in my opinion, if you have nothing to hide, why wouldn't
you talk to us."

Perry remains in Upstate New York to this day. Years ago, he worked as a prison guard there.

He did allow New York State Police to search
his car. In Florida, detectives also executed two search warrants at
his and Rothwell's apartment on Indian Rocks Beach. Police have not
released anything that their searches may or may not have discovered.
Officially, there is no evidence that a crime has been committed.

But Scharrett, Rothwell's family and her class of cadets all presume the worst, that Rothwell won't be seen again alive.

Tonight she will be honored as a police
academy graduate. Each of her fellow cadets will walk into the
auditorium holding a flower, which they'll then place in the awaiting
vase in her chair. Afterwards, they will hold a candlelight ceremony in
Rothwell's honor.

Meanwhile, the search for any clue, any
evidence and any unknown witness plods along. And Rothwell's live-in
boyfriend of three years continues to take the fifth.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/13/missing-florida-cadet-honored-graduation-ceremony/#ixzz1JRekxxG3
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:05 am

St. Petersburg, Florida - Kelly Rothwell was ready to end her relationship with what she called a controlling boyfriend, David Perry. Perry is a retired corrections officer, 11 years her senior.

That was March 12th.

Kelly was on her way to their Indian Rocks Beach condo to end the relationship. She had just finished eating at a Clearwater Chili's with a girlfriend. After she left the restaurant, Kelly was never seen again.

Perry took off for New York shortly after Kelly's disappearance. He has not helped detectives in the investigation. He has not given a DNA sample. He has not given any interviews.

He has not searched for her in Florida, detectives say.

Perry's ex-wife, Luana Greenfield, is now speaking out and telling the story of a dangerous man.

In a phone interview near Syracuse, New York, Greenfield told 10 News about her ex-husband of 10 years.

We asked, "Do you think that Dave killed Kelly?"

Greenfield replied, "Yes, I do. I really truly do in my heart, I know he did. He's very, very evil. I can't even describe him. I used to call him Satan, because that's who he is."

Greenfield says Perry has a history of violence with women. She detailed years of abuse with Perry.

She says Perry punched her in the stomach while she was pregnant, causing her to miscarry. She says Perry choked her, put a gun to her head, and cheated on her with her friends and their babysitters.

She added that he even threatened to kill their children if she fought him on custody of their three children when they divorced.

Greenfield believes that Kelly's body is in New York.

"I think that's she probably up here somewhere. He knows places. She could be up here anywhere. Anywhere he used to hunt even. Why would he race up here?" Greenfield said.

One question that's been asked over and over again: why can't Dave Perry be forced to talk? After all, he was the boyfriend of this young woman who went missing and he still hasn't spoken.

And, the answer is simple. He doesn't have to. At this point, he's well within his rights not to incriminate himself. And at this point in the case, Kelly is only considered a missing person.

Detective Michael Bailey with the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office says, "It is highly irregular for somebody not to cooperate, even if you would have just broken up with somebody, you'd probably try to assist the police."

Greenfield also tells the story of Perry's upbringing. She says that he grew up with an abusive father that used to "beat him" as a child.

"He was a liar," Greenfield said. "He lied from day one." She also says that Perry's mother "hated him" when she died.

Greenfield says she lived in fear for the decade that she was married to Perry.

"If I didn't leave him, I would be dead today," she told us. "The worst thing Kelly could have done was go home [to break up with him] alone."

For now, Perry remains in Elmira, New York.

He is said to be hanging out at home and going out to eat alone. "His friends do not want to spend time anymore with him. They know what he did," Greenfield says.

"He told someone at a bar that she was killed by her ex-boyfriend," says Greenfield. "That was just a week ago."

Detectives have not said when they will travel to New York to try and talk with Perry. They are currently preparing their case and searching for Kelly.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/188255/8/He-killed-Kelly-Rothwell-says-ex-wife-of-missing-police-cadets-boyfriend
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Sun May 08, 2011 1:45 am

HORSEHEADS, NY - The boyfriend of a missing Pinellas County police
cadet was arrested in New York state on charges unrelated to her
disappearance
. David Perry, 48, is charged with grand larceny and
insurance fraud. The charges stem from an allegation that he fabricated
an injury while he was a correctional officer at a New York state
facility in Elmira in 2003. He was arrested on a warrant during a
traffic stop. Following his arrest, he was taken to Broome County in
New York state for arraignment. Investigators describe Perry as a person of interest in the disappearance of 35-year-old Kelly Rothwell. She
disappeared in mid-march after leaving a Clearwater restaurant. At the
time, she was living with Perry and had told friends she intended to
break up with him. A concerned friend called authorities and deputies went to the couple's Indian Rocks Beach home on a welfare check. When officers arrived, no one was home and both of the couple's vehicles were missing. Rothwell's car was eventually found about two miles south of the residence. Repeated
calls to Rothwell's cell phone went unanswered. Those who know Rothwell
say it was uncharacteristic of her to disappear and not return calls. Rothwell,
a police recruit attending the Pinellas Police Academy in St.
Petersburg, never showed up for class again following her disappearance. According to detectives, Perry has refused to cooperate in the investigation. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office Robbery-Homicide Unit at 727-582-6200.http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_pinellas/boyfriend-of-missing-pinellas-police-cadet-kelly-rothwell-arrested-in-new-york-state
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:53 am

High profile suspect heads to Hawaii

Jul 15, 2011 9:51 AM

KELLY ROTHWELL - 35 yo - Indian Rocks Beach (Gulf Coast; S of Clearwater) FL 15079719_BG1

KELLY ROTHWELL - 35 yo - Indian Rocks Beach (Gulf Coast; S of Clearwater) FL 15079719_BG2
David Perry

KELLY ROTHWELL - 35 yo - Indian Rocks Beach (Gulf Coast; S of Clearwater) FL 15079719_BG3
Kelly Rothwell

KELLY ROTHWELL - 35 yo - Indian Rocks Beach (Gulf Coast; S of Clearwater) FL 15079719_BG4

Connect with us!
HONOLULU
(HawaiiNewsNow) - A high profile suspect is on his way to the islands
Wednesday for a vacation. The Florida man is suspected in the
disappearance of his former girlfriend. An investigative reporter, Leigh
Clifton, told Hawaii News Now that a court order allowed David Perry to
leave the East Coast for Hawaii Wednesday afternoon.

According to reports in Florida and New York,
he's allowed to stay here for a month, as long as he's checking in with
his attorney. This is big news to the family of Kelly Rothwell, Perry's
ex-girlfriend.

The Saint Petersburg police cadet has been
missing since March 12th. Friends say that's the day she was planning to
break off her relationship with David Perry. He has reportedly refused
to cooperate with police since the incident, but has not been arrested
for that. He is, however, facing charges in an unrelated fraud case in
New York, and put up his house as collateral. Clifton believes Perry may
try to stay here, even if it means losing his house.

Clifton explained, "He's not stupid. He's
deviously smart. He's evil smart. Somehow or another this guy has always
slinked away and never really gotten charged with anything. Really
sleazy, really manipulative, controlling, abusive."

Perry is allowed in Hawaii from when he
lands, until August 15th to visit his girlfriend, who's an Army Medical
Specialist stationed in Honolulu. According to reports, Perry must stay
in touch with his attorney since he has just 48 hours to show up should a
court request his appearance.

Calls to the New York judge, who allowed Perry to travel to Hawaii, have not been returned.
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/15079719/high-profile-suspect-heads-to-hawaii
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:32 am

August 12th, 2011
Indian Rocks Beach, Florida - She had a future full of promise and a heart filled with goodness.

Kelly Rothwell, her mother says, never said a bad word about anyone.

The young police cadet was the type of woman who would look for the
good in people, including her boyfriend, ex-prison guard David Perry.
David and Kelly had a tumultuous relationship for several years before
she summoned the courage to break up with him.

That was five months ago.

Kelly's friends say Perry's "domineering" ways suffocated her. They
say he always wanted to know where she was and continually kept tabs on
her.

Then, on the weekend of March 12th, Kelly decided she would meet her
boyfriend at their Indian Rocks Beach condo. She was going to explain to
him, friends say, that she "loved him, but was not in love with him
anymore and that she needed to start a new life after the police
academy."

It was the academy that seemed to empower the gentle and sometimes soft-spoken woman.

Kelly would never live out her goal to begin anew.

She spent the weekend with her best friend, Donna Sharritt. The two
had a girl's night that Friday and were seen on surveillance picking up
pizzas at Publix.

The next day, the two friends had lunch at a Clearwater Chili's before Kelly was heading home to "have a talk" with Perry.

"I'll be fine," she insisted to a friend. "I'll call you later."

No one would ever see Kelly Rothwell alive again.

Pinellas detectives Michael Bailey and Amy Plourde have worked
tirelessly on the case, reviewing evidence and conducting countless
interviews.

After six months, they are still developing leads.

Detective Bailey finds it frustrating, but as a cold case homicide
detective, he says, "We are in it for the long haul. We just have to
put together the best case we can."

Pinellas detectives realize that the tips are few and far
between on this case, but they feel if they keep Kelly's name and face
in the news that someone somewhere out there will come forward.

Kelly's ex-boyfriend has officially been named a suspect in
her disappearance. David Perry is known for his temper, friends
say, and he would have never let Kelly go willingly.

Perry took off for his home state of New York shortly after
Kelly went missing and has never been cooperative in the case. He
refuses to talk with Detective Bailey or Detective Plourde. Perry was
said to have gone crazy when the two Pinellas investigators traveled to
New York to speak with him.

Perry was arrested on insurance fraud charges this
summer. Officials say that he defrauded the prison system where he
worked by allegedly faking a worker's compensation injury to collect
cash.

Perry got out of jail and then got permission from a New
York judge to visit Hawaii for a month, where he has a new girlfriend
that he met on Craig's List just weeks after Kelly disappeared.

Pinellas detectives keep close tabs on him. They believe he
may have applied for a marriage license to start a life with his new
girlfriend.

Detective Bailey said, "He's supposed to be gone for a
month. Probably about a week from now is the time frame in which he has
to be back. We'll find out if he's going to return from Hawaii or not."

For now, Kelly's mother and sisters will wait. It is her
face they see when they go to bed each night, and her smile they
remember as they wake up each morning.

Kelly, they maintain, may be gone, but she will never be forgotten.
See video at link:http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/205660/250/Missing-Police-Cadet-five-month-anniversary
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:30 pm

September 19th, 2011

As the sun peeked out from behind a cloud about 8 a.m. Saturday, Donna Scharrett
was wide awake with 11 volunteers preparing breakfast for a cause she never envisioned herself being part of sixth months earlier.
The pancake breakfast fundraiser at the Church of Isles on Indian Rocks Beach honored Kelly Rothwell, 35, a former St. Pete police cadet and resident of Indian Rocks Beach who disappeared March 12.
For six months, Scharrett has fought to keep authorities and the public focused on finding her best friend.
“The six-month mark was more difficult than I thought it would be,”
said Scharrett, 45, a resident of Palm Harbor. “Gravity just hit me. Six
months is a long time to not have any answers.”
About 30 people attended the fundraiser Scharrett organized to raise
money and awareness for The CUE Center for Missing Persons, a nonprofit
organization based in North Carolina that helps find missing people.
Scharrett last saw Rothwell after meeting her for lunch at a Chili’s
restaurant on U.S. 19 in Clearwater. Before leaving, Rothwell told her
she was on her way to end her relationship with her boyfriend, David
Perry, 46, a retired corrections officer, with whom she shared a condo
on Indian Rocks Beach.
Although detectives have no viable leads, Detective Michael Bailey, thePinellas County Sheriff’s Office lead homicide detective on the Rothwell case, said Perry remains the main suspect.
On the night Rothwell went missing, Perry moved out of the condo and
to his hometown of Elmira, NY, and he refuses to speak to authorities
and is unwilling to cooperate, Bailey said.
“He wouldn’t even give a timeline to an attorney; that’s how far
removed he is,” said Bailey, adding that Perry will not make a
statement. “Obviously we’re still trying to pursue this, but it’s very
difficult to do without any positive leads.”
Even though detectives continue to collect evidence, they hoped to have had more leads by now.
“That makes the case that much more difficult. That’s where it becomes problematic,” Bailey said.
Bailey said that based on his experience and the fact that Rothwell
had no history of being flighty while in the police academy, he believes she is deceased.
“I can say comfortably that this is what has gone on. She wouldn’t have given up on her family and friends,” Bailey said.
At the fundraiser, friends of Rothwell sold T-shirts and wristbands
with the slogan “Bring Kelly Rothwell Home.” They served $5 breakfasts
to guests until 11 a.m. About $400 was raised, which will go to CUE,
whose members will travel to the Tampa Bay area for a rally and a
balloon release on behalf of Rothwell on Oct. 27.
“My hope is that we recover Kelly Rothwell,” Scharrett said, “I know
it’s not going to be her body. It’s going to be her remains. But that’s all I want.”
Each month since March, Scharrett has held candlelight vigils on Indian Rocks Beach in front of Rothwell’s former condo.
Jeannie Poe, 55, a Dunedin resident and friend of Rothwell’s,
said she was surprised that more of Rothwell’s friends from the police
academy had not attended previous gatherings or Saturday’s fundraiser.
“I thought honestly we’d have more support from the local authorities," she said. "Honestly, where are the cadets?”
Poe said she felt like Rothwell’s case was being “pushed under the rug.” She asked what authorities are doing to further her case.
“They need to let us know if we can support them,” Poe said. “As a community, we would want to know. We want to help.”
Mary Penza, 47, a resident of Tampa who was also a friend of
Rothwell’s and attended the breakfast, said she didn’t think Rothwell’s
search would reach the sixth-month mark; she thought the case would be resolved in “maybe a month or two.”
“We just want to bring her home and see that the person who did it brought to justice,” Penza said.

You can help support The Help Find Kelly Rothwell Fund by purchasing T-shirts or making donations through the fund's website or The CUE Center for Missing Persons.

http://dunedin.patch.com/articles/missing-police-cadet-honored-at-fundraiser-2667e40c
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwimom Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:07 pm

January 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida - Police cadet Kelly Rothwell and her boyfriend David Perry had a rocky relationship.

Everyone who knew them says he was domineering and followed her every
move. Kelly was in the police academy and became empowered, friends
say, as she rose to the top of her class. The young woman had enough,
sources tell 10 News. She was ready to end the tumultuous union with
Perry.

When Rothwell went to their Indian Rocks Beach condo in March of 2011 to break up with him, no one ever saw Kelly again.

Her best friend, Donna Scharrett told us, "She's tried to break up with him in the past, and he's always tried to dominate."

Witnesses say David Perry stalked the young cadet and her best friend
that entire weekend. In fact, sources say, Perry followed them to a
local Publix supermarket.

Even detectives say Perry was obsessed.

Pinellas detective Michael Bailey said, "We have a very tight
timeline of the stalking case. There's time frames. There's phone calls.
There's traveling, there's all kinds of things happening. There's a
very tight timeline on the stalking case."

Right now, the state attorney's office is reviewing felony stalking
charges and looking closely at the case. However, they did not indicate
when the charges would officially be filed. It could be two or three
weeks.

Rothwell's friends have said all along that David Perry threatened to kill her if she ever broke up with him.

Detective Bailey explained why felony stalking charges are being pursued.

"Basically, they follow the person, excessive phone calling, wanting
to know their whereabouts, tracking the person down, wanting to know
their every move, that type of thing. So that's what happened in this
case, without giving any details of it," Detective Bailey told 10 News.

Right now, detectives say, there's simply not enough evidence to
charge Perry with murder. But the charge of felony stalking may be a
possibility.

Normally, the law would require that the victim make the complaint.
However, since Kelly Rothwell is missing, the state attorney's office
could file charges based on the testimony of Rothwell's best friend, who
was there that final weekend and saw everything.

Donna Scharrett said at a recent vigil, "He murdered my friend. He doesn't deserve freedom."

Perry is currently living in New York. He has put his home up for
sale. Meanwhile, his new wife, Melissa Marie Walker, recently filed for
divorce on December 30, 2011.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/article/231711/8/Felony-charges-possible-against-missing-cadets-ex
kiwimom
kiwimom

Back to top Go down

Post by angelm07 Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:08 pm

David Perry, suspect in Kelly Rothwell police cadet disappearance, has Elmira, New York home searched while under arrest

04/10/2012
Elmira, New York -- Police have searched the upstate New York home of
David Perry, prime suspect in the case of missing police cadet Kelly
Rothwell.

Perry was Kelly Rothwell's boyfriend and detectives in Pinellas County say he is their prime suspect in her disappearance.

David Perry has been placed under arrest in New York on unrelated
charges. And as Perry sits in jail, a state police car sits in front of
his house in western Elmira.

That state police officer's colleagues were busy inside the house
Monday. Armed with a search warrant, investigators spent more than three
hours at the house.

They left carrying four bags of evidence. They were filled mostly with paperwork; one envelope was marked "Receipts 2011."

None of this is directly related to the disappearance of Kelly Rothwell.

She's the Indian Rocks Beach police cadet who vanished last year
after telling her best friend she was going to break up with Perry, her
boyfriend.

Perry is locked up on charges he stole from the State of New York by getting disability payments he didn't qualify for.

Investigators said the search focused purely on those charges.

During the search, a police dog and K-9 officer were behind the house. The police spokesman would not say why the dog was used.

Police entered Perry's detached garage, got into his Honda Civic, and
backed it up onto his gravel driveway for further searching.

Police could be heard hammering or pounding something inside the garage. The police had no comment about the sound.

What if officers searching for financial information stumble onto some evidence relating to Kelly Rothwell's disappearance?

That wouldn't necessarily be all good news. Officers would likely have to go get a new warrant to seize that evidence.

And if a judge rules that the new evidence was found in a way that's
illegal or unfair, he or she can ban that evidence from being used
against Perry in court.

Police say they may be back at Perry's home Tuesday.

He's currently being held in a county jail in New York. If he pays
his $25,000 bail amount, a veteran reporter in the area says he'd likely
be transferred immediately to a jail in a different county where his
bail has been already revoked.

Grayson Kamm, 10 News

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/article/249977/8/Missing-Cadet-Case-Suspects-home-searched
angelm07
angelm07

Back to top Go down

Post by angelm07 Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:14 pm

Kelly Rothwell Case: Reward Now $50,000

03/12/2012
Kelly Rothwell, who lived in Indian Rocks Beach and worked in St.
Petersburg, has been missing since March 12, 2011. Rewards of $50,000
are being offered for information on her whereabouts.

It has been exactly a year since Indian Rocks Beach resident and St. Pete Police cadet Kelly Rothwell disappeared.

On Monday, the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office announced
a $25,000 reward for information that leads to Rothwell's whereabouts.
The reward is in an addition to $25,000 offered recently by the Rothwell
family.

At a news conference Monday morning, Sheriff Bob Gualtieri gave an update on the Rothwell case, which he said was "extremely frustrating with very limited information."

The sheriff's office provided photos and details on the investigation
in hopes the information would jog someone's memory and they would
contact the sheriff's office. No detail is too small, Gualtieri said.

"It's an extremely important case. We want closure for the family. We
want closure for Donna and Kelly's friends," Gualtieri said.
Both Gualtieri and Rothwell's friend Donna Scharrett said
they believe Rothwell is deceased, although there is very limited
physical evidence in the case. Scharrett is a Palm Harbor resident who
has organized many searches for Rothwell, she said she wants to find
Rothwell's remains and get them to her mother.

"Kelly Rothwell is dead, and her body is out there. Her body is out
there dumped like a piece of trash, and she doesn't deserve that. Nobody
does," Scharrett said.

Anyone who might have information on Kelly Rothwell's disappearance
is encouraged to call the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office at
727-582-6200.

The events in the Rothwell case began a year ago today:
March 12, 2011

Rothwell, 35, was last seen around 3:30 p.m. March 12, 2011, at
Chili's restaurant on U.S. 19 in Clearwater, where she and Scharrett had
lunch. At lunch, Rothwell told Scharrett she planned to go to her Indian Rocks Beach condominium to break up with David Perry, her 46-year-old live-in boyfriend.

About 5:20 p.m., Scharrett received a text message from Rothwell's phone.

"Based on the language and nature of the messages, we don't believe
the messages were from Kelly," Gualtieri said. "The phone was last used
in the area of Ulmerton Road and 119th Street" in Largo.

At 6:30 p.m. that evening, Rothwell was scheduled to pick up keys for
another residence, since she was going to end the relationship with
Perry, Gualtieri said. She didn't show up.

Perry, a retired New York state prison guard, left Indian Rocks Beach before midnight that night and headed to Elmira, NY.

March 13, 2011

On March 13, Scharrett called the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office and asked them to check on Rothwell. Scharrett was concerned about Rothwell's safety because of the domestic issues the couple had been experiencing, Gualtieri said.

When sheriff's deputies arrived at the residence at 2708 Gulf Blvd., they found no signs of Rothwell or Perry.

"We found the home almost too clean," Gualtieri said. "There was no presence of blood."
Both of their vehicles were also gone. Later on March 13, deputies found Rothwell's vehicle about two miles south of her residence, Gualtieri said.

"Kelly's clothes and personal effects were in the vehicle. We did an
extensive search of the area and found no physical evidence. What we did
find that was highly unusual and suspicious was Kelly's police academy
binder and notes in the Dumpster at the complex. That's contrary to
everything we know about Kelly," who was doing well and due to graduate
in April, Gualtieri said.
Later in March 2011

On March 14, Perry was found in Elmira, and he declined to cooperate
or make statements to New York authorities. The sheriff's office learned
Perry told family members "this is going to get bad," Gualtieri said.

The next week, Perry traveled from New York to Ohio and Oklahoma, and
back to New York on March 21. New York authorities inspected Perry's
vehicle and reported a strong odor of chemical agents in the vehicle.
There was no blood or female DNA in the trunk. Gualtieri said DNA
denigrates after contact with chemical agents.

Summer 2011 to Present

In June 2011, homicide detectives named Perry a suspect in Rothwell's disappearance. Throughout
the investigation, Rothwell's family and friends told detectives that
Rothwell would not have run away, Gualtieri said.
Perry has failed to acknowledge detectives' requests for interviews about the night of March 12.

Rothwell's friends have held vigils and fundraiser events for her since her disappearance. The most recent fundraiser was Saturday, March 10 at Tiffany's Family Restaurant in Palm Harbor. Rothwell's friends also post updates on her missing persons case on her Facebook page.

Rothwell's friends have created a petition on change.org seeking to require the National Crime Information Center to include information for missing adults aged 21 and older. Currently, the database includes information about missing persons aged 20 and younger.
http://palmharbor.patch.com/articles/rothwell-reward-increased-on-one-year-anniversary-ce0cca47#photo-9311329
angelm07
angelm07

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:03 am

KELLY ROTHWELL - 35 yo - Indian Rocks Beach (Gulf Coast; S of Clearwater) FL 188131_205890769444993_4130857_s%2BKelly%2Bblog%2Bpix

Much loved Sister, Daughter, Friend
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Court Order Awards David Perry Seized Assets, with Interest

In a Court Order on Tuesday, Judge Joseph Latham awarded David Perry, the only suspect in the disappearance and probable murder of his then girlfriend Police cadet Kelly Rothwell in Florida, the seized assets that law enforcement had taken from him in a raid of his house in March of 2012. Perry has been indicted twice on Felony Grand Larceny charges in for faking an injury in 2003 on the job while working as a corrections officer at the Elmira State Prison Facility in Elmira, New York. The seizure of assets, including money, vehicles and Perry’s Elmira home were part of the Fraud investigation into the Work Comp injury.

In this newest and inexplicable and baffling move by the NY Court system that has ignored so much evidence clearly in front of them, Judge Joseph Latham, who signed the search warrant for Perry's home in March, has awarded Perry and his attorney John Scanlon the assets seized of Perry's including the $128, 00.00 cash found hidden in Perry's house, interest on that cash amount held by the state, Perry’s vehicles as well as the house itself. This despite outstanding felony Grand Larceny charges brought about by two counties; Broome and Steuben in NY for Work Comp fraud stemming from an alleged 2003 work-related accident that many allege never happened at Elmira Correctional Facility, where Perry was a Corrections Officer at the time. At the time of his arrest in March of this year, Perry failed to disclose the money when asked by the court if he had any additional monetary assets.
Last July, Broome County, Judge Smith allowed Perry to leave to go to Hawaii to marry Melissa Walker, a woman he met on Craig's List supposedly months AFTER his then girlfriend Kelly Rothwell went "missing " from their shared Florida condo in Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, despite the fact that he is the ONLY suspect in her disappearance and probable murder.

Additionally, and as an aside, Perry took Melissa Walker’s surname of Walker as his own; changing it and then on his return to New York, getting a New York driver's license in the name of David Walker. Not so coincidentally perhaps is that Perry ALSO obtained an Enhanced Driver’s License or EDL in the name of David Walker in February of 2012, almost exactly 6 months after he married Melissa Walker and took her name. Coincidentally it usually takes 6 months to actually get an EDL and/ or an International driver’s license. According to DMV.ORG, EDLs are only accepted at land and sea border crossings, not for air travel. The license contains radio-frequency micro chipping that uniquely identifies you in CBP databases, (Custom Border Protection,) which should promote a more expeditious cross. EDLs will be approved forms of identification, in full compliance with the new WHTI (Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative) security measures. Could Melissa Walker have been an avenue by which Perry was able to obtain that license? Could that be the main reason he married her? In late January/early February, Perry listed his house on the market; the SAME house he used as collateral for bail, AND bought a brand new $25, 00.00 Honda with CASH. Can you say Mexico? I wrote a blog outlining what I thought Perry might do; in it I concluded that he must have been getting ready to take off to Mexico …

In a sworn affidavit, Melissa Walker later told authorities that Perry was getting ready to run off to Mexico. This statement comes from the woman who married Perry just months after he met her on Craig’s List. Walker, a National Guard Reservist, was conveniently stationed in Hawaii, where Perry has always wanted to live, shortly after they met. Perry flew there to marry her earlier this year. When Kelly went missing, Walker was questioned by police as to her possible involvement or knowledge. She denied knowing anything about Kelly’s disappearance and declared that she still loved Perry but would be divorcing him, all the while still keeping in touch with him.
Yet there is still no divorce decree that says she ever divorced him, despite her numerous protestations to the contrary. Could she be a part of Kelly’s disappearance and the cover up? What did she or does she know about it?

Now another New York judge, Acting Supreme Court Justice Hon. Joseph Latham, has decided that Perry, who had $128,000.00 HIDDEN under a dresser, money, which, by the way that he did NOT declare he had in his possession when asked by the court, is allowed to have it all back because Steuben County DA Brooks Baker didn’t present enough evidence, evidence he HAD in his possession, to convince a judge that Perry obtained the money illegally by faking a Work Comp- related injury for which he received over $340,000.00 in benefits and pension. Perry also receives Social Security benefits due to the alleged injury as well.

According to the Order, the DA only used two of a potential 16 witnesses’ testimonies; Daniel Kalec, a Corrections Officer, who was in the cell the night that Perry said he hurt his back on an inmate’s bed after a struggle with the inmate, and CO Sgt. Andrew Pedalty, who lives near Perry’s Elmira home. Pedalty saw Perry numerous times riding his bike, running and kayaking, all the while claiming to have hurt his back in the 2003 “inmate altercation”. There are also photos of Perry kite sailing and running in Florida that were provided to the DA, but it is unknown if these were ever presented as evidence. There were several other signed affidavits by other CO’s, those who witnessed the altercation that Perry was never a part of but for some reason, these were not presented as evidence. CO Craig Mosher is one that was never asked to testify even though he was present and could have refuted Perry’s testimony to Work Comp about the alleged injury that day in October 2003. Why?

During the September 5, 2012 hearing in front of Judge Latham on the seizure of assets matter, Perry remained mute to every question, invoking his 5th Amendment right to refuse to answer so he wouldn’t incriminate himself. Abject of that, DA Baker had no real way to prove anything other than to present what the judge’s order characterized as limited. Investigator Eric Hurd, who has been on this case since the beginning, did not testify either, but provided background information on Kalec’s statement. Why wasn’t he called to testify? Is it possible that DA Baker is holding that both Hurd’s and other witnesses testimonies for the criminal part of this investigation?
One would hope so… but he better do it quick. He is quickly losing any momentum and the time is now to present what he’s got in the way of evidence or Perry will once again get away with about a scratch.

There IS still the issue of the Assault charge that Perry has pending from a fight with James Hargraves, an inmate at the Steuben County jail that Perry put in the hospital with a head laceration; Steuben County is still prosecuting him on that charge. But maybe the judge will just chalk THAT up to good ole’ fashioned hijinks among prisoners and let that slide too…there is absolutely NO telling what these New York judges will do from one day to the next…

Kelly Rothwell, a St. Petersburg Police Academy police cadet, one month from graduation, went missing the evening of Saturday, March 12, 2011 when she left a friend's house to go home to break up with Perry after a stormy three year relationship. Perry has a documented history of domestic and child abuse violence. Kelly, a dependable, steady class attendant at the Academy, had never missed a day of classes. She has not been seen or heard from since.
Perry, who has been described by Rothwell to her family as domineering, controlling, possessive, and abusive, is still the only suspect in her disappearance and probable murder. He took off to New York the same day Rothwell came home to break up with him. Downstairs neighbor Ken Williamson and his wife heard loud thumping on their ceiling, followed by incessant vacuuming. Shortly after that, Perry took off for New York, then left almost immediately after stopping in Elmira and telling his daughter Britney and her husband who were living in his Elmira home ‘not to listen to what people might say about me.” He was tracked to Oklahoma, but from there no one knows where he went. He returned about three days later. More on this in the next blog.

Judge Latham can be reached at:
Steuben County Court and Family Court
3 East Pulteney Square
Bath, NY 14823
(607) 776-9631

I swear, you can’t make this stuff up.

Meanwhile, Kelly Rothwell is still missing and Perry remains the only suspect in her disappearance.
This article contains information that was obtained exclusively by me, is copyrighted and cannot be used or reproduced in any way without my express permission for it's reproduction unless/ and/ or/ is expressly attributed to Leigh Clifton and Tampa Bay Crime Report. Leigh Clifton © 2012

http://www.tampabaycrimereport.com/

This guy is something else. Sure hope they find Kelly and can really charge him for his actions.
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down