Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CANADA • Charity Lynn FISHER, 17 months old ~ Guelph ON

Go down

CANADA • Charity Lynn FISHER, 17 months old ~ Guelph ON Empty CANADA • Charity Lynn FISHER, 17 months old ~ Guelph ON

Post by karma Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:07 am

Guelph man sentenced in toddler's death
CTV Southwestern Ontario
Jan. 11, 2011 4:07 PM ET

CANADA • Charity Lynn FISHER, 17 months old ~ Guelph ON 470_ch10
Charity Lynn Fisher, who was killed in 2006, is seen in this undated family handout photo.

Samuel Landry has been sentenced to nine years in jail, less four years for time served, in connection with the death of 17-month-old Charity Fisher in 2006.

In November 2010, Landry pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the death, though he had initially been charged with second degree murder.

According to court documents, Landry admitted to hitting the child with her baby bottle and throwing her into her crib.

She apparently hit her head on the crib's rail and died shortly thereafter. An autopsy revealed she died of multiple blunt force trauma.

Landry had started a relationship with Paula Fisher, Charity's mother, only three months before the incident, and was babysitting the child at the time.

Fisher says "It was very, very disgusting what he did to her. I'm not happy about it, I'm very upset, my life is never going to be the same."

Scott Sanderson, Charity's father says he was looking for a longer sentence, and is still trying to deal with what happened.

He says "I still have some bad memories, but you know, also had this whole trial thing…I think it will be easier now that the trial's over."

The Crown had asked the judge to consider a sentence of 10 to 12 years, while the defence had argued for a sentence in the range of five to seven years.

James Ruddock , Landry's defence lawyer, says "Throughout my conversations with Mr. Landry he has been extremely remorseful. He has accepted what's done, he's taken responsibility for it. As I indicated he also accepts the judgment of the court and he's going to look back on this for the rest of his life."

http://swo.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110111/landry-guelph-sentence-110111/20110111/?hub=SWOHome
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down