Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ADDISON REINOSO-XOYATLA - 3 mos - / Accused: Ana Delarosa Queens NY

Go down

ADDISON REINOSO-XOYATLA - 3 mos - / Accused:  Ana Delarosa Queens NY Empty ADDISON REINOSO-XOYATLA - 3 mos - / Accused: Ana Delarosa Queens NY

Post by twinkletoes Tue May 03, 2011 7:53 pm

DA says shaking by babysitter, not snow delays, killed Queens baby Addison Reinoso-Xoyatla

Saturday, January 8th 2011, 4:00 AM

ADDISON REINOSO-XOYATLA - 3 mos - / Accused:  Ana Delarosa Queens NY Alg_simplicity_crib
Authorities say Addison Reinoso-Xoyatla died as a result of being violently shaken by his babysitter.

A Queens baby who died after his trip to the hospital was delayed by the blizzard had been shaken to death by his baby-sitter, who was sick of his crying, officials said.

Queens prosecutors say Ana Delarosa violently shook 3-month-old Addison Reinoso-Xoyatla on Dec. 29 to quiet his crying, causing severe brain damage.

"What is wrong with you?" Delarosa, 26, allegedly demanded of the infant, shaking him after he woke from a nap crying. "Why are you crying?"

The boy stopped crying, and his body went limp. He died Tuesday after six days on life support.

Delarosa, a friend of the baby's family, faces 25 years in prison on charges of second-degree murder and endangering the welfare of a child.

"She was someone we trusted, someone who took care of our first child," said Addison's father, Luis Reynoso, 26. "That's why I'm still trying to sort through everything. I just feel numb. ... She was desperate. She was crying for help and saying this was a nightmare."

Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said delays caused by the blizzard did not contribute to the death.

"In severe and fatal cases of abusive head trauma, symptoms are unfortunately immediate and oftentimes irreversible," Brown said. "We expect that the medical evidence will show that the death of this child occurred because the brain was severely damaged by shaking, not by any purported delay in reaching him."

Emergency Medical Service workers went to the family's Corona apartment after the boy's father called to say he was having trouble breathing.

Because of the snow, it took EMS 35 minutes to get there, and the ambulance got stuck in the snow, forcing paramedics to run a block to Elmhurst Hospital Center.

The child was in cardiac arrest when he arrived. Tests revealed he had bleeding around the nerves that connect the eyes to the brain, prosecutors say.

"I still feel like he's alive, like he's a part of me," Reynoso said. "He's my angel. "I do not have malice in my heart," he said of the sitter. "I think of her child, and I wouldn't want her child to suffer, to be without a mother. We just don't know why she did what she did."
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

ADDISON REINOSO-XOYATLA - 3 mos - / Accused:  Ana Delarosa Queens NY Empty Re: ADDISON REINOSO-XOYATLA - 3 mos - / Accused: Ana Delarosa Queens NY

Post by twinkletoes Tue May 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Baby-sitter killed infant: DA

Brown says Corona child's death was not due to slow ambulance

Thursday, January 13, 2011 12:21 PM EST

ADDISON REINOSO-XOYATLA - 3 mos - / Accused:  Ana Delarosa Queens NY Qns_babysitter_shook_baby_in_snow_20110113
Addison Reinoso-Xoyatla, 3, (inset) who was
carried by emergency responders to Elmhurst Hospital after the
ambulance he was riding in got stuck at Layton Street, died after being
shaken, the Queens District Attorney said. Inset courtesy NY Post

Addison Reinoso-Xoyatla, the 3-month-old
baby who sustained brain damage two days after the snowstorm and who was
originally reported to have been injured because of slow ambulance
response, may have actually been hurt after his baby-sitter shook him,
the Queens district attorney’s office said.

Ana Delarosa, 26, the
baby-sitter, was arraigned Saturday and held without bail after the DA
charged her with second-degree murder and endangering the welfare of a
child, according to the DA’s office.

On Friday, the police arrested Delarosa who lives at 39th Avenue and 104th Street in Corona.

Addison was taken off life support last week and died Jan. 5, police said.

“In
severe and fatal cases of abusive head trauma, symptoms are
unfortunately immediate and oftentimes irreversible. We expect that the
medical evidence will show that the death of this child occurred because
the brain was severely damaged by shaking, not by any purported delay
in reaching him,” Queens DA Richard Brown said in a statement.

Delarosa,
a friend of the Reinoso family, was baby-sitting Addison when sometime
after 11 a.m. Dec. 29. Addison woke up and began crying, the DA said.
Delarosa tried to console him at first, but when he would not stop
crying, repeatedly shook him hard, the DA said.

“What is wrong with you?” Delarosa allegedly asked. “Why are you crying?”

After Delarosa allegedly shook him, Addison stopped crying and fell limp, the DA said. Delarosa then sought help, the DA said.

A
911 call to help Addison came in at 1:12 p.m., and while EMS from
Flushing Hospital arrived at 1:25 p.m., the ambulance taking him to the
hospital became stuck at Layton Street and Baxter Avenue in the snow
that had been left from the Dec. 26 and Dec. 27 snowstorm, the Fire
Department said. Paramedics had to run with Addison to get him to
Elmhurst Hospital Center, the FDNY said, but when they arrived, they
found Addison had become brain dead.

The DA said an examination
of the child at Elmhurst Hospital found the baby had severe brain injury
and was bleeding around the nerves that connect the eyes to the brain,
leading them to conclude he had suffered from shaken baby syndrome, a
form of child abuse.

Delarosa was awaiting arraignment in Queens Criminal Court and faces up to 25 years to life in prison if convicted, the DA said.

“The fragility of a small child cannot be emphasized enough,” Brown said. “There is no excuse for shaking a child.”
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

ADDISON REINOSO-XOYATLA - 3 mos - / Accused:  Ana Delarosa Queens NY Empty Re: ADDISON REINOSO-XOYATLA - 3 mos - / Accused: Ana Delarosa Queens NY

Post by twinkletoes Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:30 am

Babysitter Sentenced to 11 Years in Death of 3-Month-Old

September 6, 2012

Ana Delarosa of Corona, has been sentenced to 11 years in prison following her guilty plea to second-degree manslaughter and first-degree assault in the death of a 3-month-old infant she was babysitting for. Delarosa shook the child to death because he was crying.

The defendant, 28, was a family friend of the infant, Addison Reinoso-Xoyatla, and was babysitting for him in her home on December 29, 2010. Sometime around 11 A.M. the baby awoke and began crying.

Delarosa said she tried consoling the infant but when he continued to cry, she repeatedly shook him saying, “What is wrong with you? Why are you crying?”

She shook the baby until he stopped crying and his body went limp.

The baby was taken to Elmhurst General Hospital later that day in cardiac arrest and in an unresponsive, life-threatening condition. An examination of the child revealed that he suffered severe brain injury and bleeding around the nerves that connect the eyes to the brain – both of which are common markers of abusive head trauma (shaken baby syndrome). The child was pronounced dead on January 4, 2011.

The babysitter was arrested after confessing to police that she violently shook the 3-month-old because he would not stop crying.
Queens District Attorney Brown said, “Today’s sentencing will hopefully give some closure to the child’s parents and spare them from having to sit through the painful testimony of a trial.”

http://theforumnewsgroup.com/2012/09/06/babysitter-sentenced-to-11-years-in-death-of-3-month-old/
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down