Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RYAN FERRER - 9 months - / Accused: Martin Quirindongo Bronx NY

4 posters

Go down

RYAN FERRER - 9 months - / Accused: Martin Quirindongo Bronx NY Empty RYAN FERRER - 9 months - / Accused: Martin Quirindongo Bronx NY

Post by twinkletoes Wed May 04, 2011 10:43 pm

9-month-old Bronx boy killed when 17-year-old babysitter punched him in the stomach: cops

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 3:52 PM

A 9-month-old boy was killed in the Bronx Tuesday when his 17-year-old babysitter punched him in the stomach, police sources said.

The teenage boy was watching the victim, Ryan Ferrer, inside the Marble Hill Houses on W. 225th St. when the baby was assaulted, sources said.

An EMS crew arrived at the apartment at 10:22 a.m., three minutes after receiving a 911 call. The child was taken to Montefiore Hospital, where he died.

"Police noticed bruising on the torso that's suggestive of trauma," a police source said.

The suspect, a neighbor and friend of the child's mother, is being questioned at the 50th Precinct station house, sources said.

Neighbors were shocked by the allegations and remembered the young child as happy.

"He was a nice little baby," said Peter Graham, 50, who lives on the same floor. "I remember when she was pregnant," he said of the mother. "She was happy for the baby. It's a shame the baby didn't make it."

Some said the mother, who is single and also has a middle school-aged child, should not have left the boy in the care of a minor."It's very tragic and frightening," said Leyri Acevedo, 23. "You call in sick to work or leave your baby at a daycare."

Marisa Velez, 43, said she cared for the boy when he was younger. "He was a very quiet baby. He never cried too much," she said, describing how she got the news the baby was dead. "I began trembling," she said. "I could not believe it. She's always been a good mom."A family friend agreed."He was a beautiful boy," said Anna Herrera, 44. "He was never a trouble baby. No one should hit a baby like that."

Last edited by twinkletoes on Wed May 04, 2011 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

RYAN FERRER - 9 months - / Accused: Martin Quirindongo Bronx NY Empty Re: RYAN FERRER - 9 months - / Accused: Martin Quirindongo Bronx NY

Post by twinkletoes Wed May 04, 2011 10:49 pm

Baby killed by a teenage babysitter was beaten so badly he suffered brain hemorrhage, cuts, bruises

DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 5:11 PM

The 9-month-old Bronx boy who police say was killed by a teenage babysitter was hit in the head with such force that he suffered a brain hemorrhage, an autopsy revealed Wednesday.

Ryan Ferrer died at a hospital Tuesday morning after the babysitter, Martin Quirindongo, 17, beat the baby to silence his cries, police sources said.

Ryan's death was ruled a homicide caused by blunt-force trauma to his head and body, a spokeswoman for the medical examiner's office said.

Quirindongo was taken into police custody after he called 911 Tuesday, but he had not been charged as of late Wednesday afternoon.

The autopsy found Ryan suffered not only a brain hemorrhage but also cuts and deep bruises to some of his internal organs - an indication he may have been struck several times in the torso.

"I'm really shocked," said Lori Mercer, 47, who lives in the same building in the Marble Hill Houses as Ryan's mother, Rosa Ferrer.Ferrer, 32, left Ryan with Quirindongo because she was late for work, police said. Quirindongo was supposed to care for the baby for a short time until the regular babysitter arrived, police said.Quirindongo's connection to Ferrer was not immediately clear. Several neighbors who live on the same floor as Ferrer said Quirindongo was not a regular visitor to the young mother's apartment.

Ferrer also has a second young child. Sources said the family has no prior history with the Administration for Children's Services.

"There was no problem with her or her children," said Ferrer's next-door neighbor, who declined to give her name.

Evidence in the case is currently being reviewed by the Bronx District Attorney's office, law enforcement sources said.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

RYAN FERRER - 9 months - / Accused: Martin Quirindongo Bronx NY Empty Re: RYAN FERRER - 9 months - / Accused: Martin Quirindongo Bronx NY

Post by twinkletoes Thu May 05, 2011 2:42 am

Teen babysitter who police say beat crying baby to death is charged with murder

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 9:50 PM

A 17-year-old boy who police say silenced his girlfriend's crying baby by beating him to death in the Bronx was charged with murder on Wednesday, authorities said.

Martin Quirindongo, of Brooklyn, was also slapped with a manslaughter rap for his brutal attack on 9-month-old Ryan Ferrer Tuesday morning, police said.

Quirindongo was not Ryan's father, but the little boy would often call him "Da Da," a family friend told the Daily News.

"I still can't believe it - I loved that baby," said Maritza Velez, 43, who used to babysit for the boy. "He was so cute. He was happy here. He was a good baby. He would never cry."Ryan, who died at a Bronx hospital Tuesday, was hit in the head with such force that he suffered a brain hemorrhage, an autopsy revealed.

Ryan's death was ruled a homicide caused by blunt-force trauma to his head and body, a spokeswoman for the medical examiner's office said.

The autopsy found Ryan suffered not only a brain hemorrhage, but also cuts and deep bruises to some of his internal organs - an indication he may have been struck several times.

Quirindongo, who was dating Ryan's 32-year-old mother, was taken into police custody after he called 911 following the attack. He was not charged until late Wednesday afternoon, and has yet to be arraigned.

Ryan's mother, Rosa Ferrer, who lives in the Marble Hill Houses in the Bronx, left the boy with Quirindongo because she was late for work, police said.

"We're grieving," she said late Wednesday. "He was a gorgeous boy."

Quirindongo was supposed to care for the baby for a short time until the regular babysitter arrived, police said. But it was not clear who that babysitter was.Velez, who was a close friend of Ferrer's late mother, said she babysat for Ryan for about three months - until Ferrer started leaving her with Quirindongo several weeks ago.

Velez, who lives one floor above Ferrer, said she was at a loss to understand what motivated Quirindongo to attack the baby. "What was going on in his mind?" she questioned, thinking back on happier times for Ferrer, Quirindongo and little Ryan.

"They all looked happy together. The baby called him 'Da Da.' I saw him with Ryan and it was fine. I don't know what happened."

Ferrer also has a second child. Sources said the family has no prior history with the Administration for Children's Services.

A neighbor said she believes Quirindongo's age may have played a role in the alleged attack.

"He's a kid; he doesn't know how to control his anger," Lori Mercer, 47. "But, still, it's a baby."
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu May 05, 2011 2:48 am

He had beaten this baby before and the mother must have known it. I hope they take her other child away from her.

Another POS mother only this one didn't bring a POS man into her bed, she brought a POS boy.

JMO.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri May 06, 2011 4:09 am

Teen who confessed to baby murder brought to Bellevue

UPDATED at 4:32 pm 5/5/11

The teen who confessed to beating a 9-month-old baby to death has been admitted to Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan.

"On Wednesday night, Mr. Quirindongo was taken from the station house to Bellevue for psychiatric evaluation. After learning that the baby died and that he would be charged with murder he became very distraught," 50th Precinct Deputy Inspector Brandon del Pozo said.

Martin Quirindongo is expected to remain at Bellevue until sometime next week, at which point he will be taken to Bronx Criminal Court for arraignment, a source from the Bronx District Attorney's office said.

Police sources said Mr. Quirindongo, 17, "confessed on tape to hitting, biting and crushing the child," and was "remorseful" when he was brought into custody on Tuesday.

"He never denied striking the kid. He confessed to 9-1-1," a police source said.

Following yesterday's ruling by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner that baby Ryan Ferrer was murdered on Tuesday, Mr. Quirindongo was charged with murder with depraved indifference and manslaughter with intent to cause physical injury.

Ryan was pronounced dead at Montefiore Medical Center Tuesday morning after suffering injuries while in the care of Mr. Quirindongo, who is on parole for robbery through 2012, police sources said.

The baby was discovered with blunt force injuries to the chest and a bruised rib cage and was pronounced dead at 11:17 a.m. The medical examiner determined that Ryan suffered brain hemorrhaging and internal bruising.

The teen, who was caring for the infant in an apartment on the ninth floor of the Marble Hill Houses, at 69 W. 225th St., was taken into custody at the scene.

Police said the baby’s mother was late for work and waiting for her regular sitter when she left her child with the suspect. A neighbor told police she heard a commotion coming from the apartment after the baby started to cry.

“She had to leave so she could make a living," a police source said. “She’s devastated.”

The teen had been with the baby for less than an hour when Mr. Quirindongo called 9-1-1 to report an assault and eventually said a baby needed medical attention, police said.

“Police closed off every block between the building and Montefiore to try and get the baby to the hospital in time,” a police source said.

Deputy Inspector del Pozo said police interviewed neighbors and family — including the victim’s mother — to find out if there was any pattern of abuse associated with the infant.

“Because it’s a child we want to make sure that this particular instance is not the culmination of domestic abuse,” he said on Tuesday. “There’s no indication of that right now.”

Neighbor Elizabeth Rodriguez, who lives on the same floor as the family, had tears in her eyes as she spoke about the incident.

“I’m in shock,” she said. “It was a small baby. It was a beautiful boy.” “We may not talk to each other a lot but we are a family,” she added.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri May 06, 2011 11:41 pm

Teen accused of killing girlfriend's crying baby 'really lost it' after arrest

Friday, May 6th 2011, 4:00 AM

RYAN FERRER - 9 months - / Accused: Martin Quirindongo Bronx NY Alg_martin-quirindongo Aaron Showalter for News
17-year-old Martin Quirindongo is led out of 50th Precinct stationhouse on Wednesday.

A teen accused of killing his girlfriend's crying baby "really lost it" after his arrest, and cops took him to Bellevue Hospital for a psychiatric evaluation, sources said.

Martin Quirindongo, 17, fell into hysterics after he was charged with murder in the death of 9-month-old Ryan Ferrer Tuesday morning.

"He just fell apart," a law-enforcement source said. "He really lost it in the stationhouse and was not in a good place."

Quirindongo will stay at Bellevue for at least several days and make his first court appearance next week, sources said.

The Brooklyn teen, who was dating the baby's 32-year-old mom, confessed during a 911 call to beating Ryan .

"They have him on tape saying he went ballistic on the kid," the source said. "He expressed remorse."

An autopsy found Ryan had a brain hemorrhage, cuts and deep bruises to his internal organs.

"It was an awful, awful sight," the source said.

Ryan's mother, Rosa Ferrer, who lives in the Marble Hill Houses in the Bronx, left the boy with Quirindongo because she was late for work, police said.

He was supposed to care for the baby for only a short time until the regular baby-sitter arrived, cops said.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Sat May 07, 2011 12:49 am

Is it legal in NY for a 32 year old to have sex with a 17 year old? It is easier for me to understand how a 17 year old boy could go "ballistic" on a crying baby then to understand how an adult woman could have a relationship with a child. If she needed to work to support her first child and could not afford daycare or didn't have family to babysit then she should not have had a second one. It is simple financial mathematics. What a tragedy. pray
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat May 07, 2011 1:05 am

ladibug wrote:Is it legal in NY for a 32 year old to have sex with a 17 year old? It is easier for me to understand how a 17 year old boy could go "ballistic" on a crying baby then to understand how an adult woman could have a relationship with a child. If she needed to work to support her first child and could not afford daycare or didn't have family to babysit then she should not have had a second one. It is simple financial mathematics. What a tragedy. RYAN FERRER - 9 months - / Accused: Martin Quirindongo Bronx NY 719242
Each state has different laws regarding that.

Whether or not it's illegal, it certainly is immoral and unquestionably stupid.

The mother is lying about him only keeping the baby for a short while. He became her regular baby sitter and she stopped taking him to his "regular" baby sitter months ago.

WTH is this boy's mother?

No child should be around this woman. She knew her boyfriend abused her baby and yet she continued to leave him there.

I'm tired of these POS mothers and their POS boyfriends. This one was literally a BOYfriend. I hope the authorities take her other child away from her.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:54 am

June 29, 2011

Probe into teen’s mental state delays baby murder trial

By Graham Kates

A judge last week agreed to allow more time to determine whether a
teenager accused of beating a 9-month-old baby to death in May is
psychologically fit to stand trial.

Martin Quirindongo, 17, has been held at Bellevue Hospital in
Manhattan since May 4, the day after baby Ryan Ferrer was found dead in
his care on the ninth floor of the Marble Hill Houses, at 69 W. 225th St.

Police said Rosa Ferrer, Ryan’s mother — who asked Mr. Quirindongo to
watch the baby when her usual babysitter was late — left only an hour
before Ryan died.

Ryan was discovered with blunt force injuries to the chest and a
bruised rib cage. The medical examiner later determined that the baby
suffered brain hemorrhaging and internal bruising.

Shortly after the baby’s death, police sources said that Mr.
Quirindongo, 17, “confessed on tape to hitting, biting and crushing the
child,” and was “remorseful” when he was brought into custody.
“He never denied striking the kid. He confessed to 9-1-1,” a police source said on May 4.
The teen was taken into custody at the scene and was brought to
Bellevue after learning that the baby he was caring for had died and
that he was being charged with murder.

He was arraigned from Bellevue on May 10.

At a Bronx Criminal Court hearing on June 22, Mr. Quirindongo’s
lawyer, Eliot Kaplan, asked that the case be adjourned until doctors
determined whether Mr. Quirindongo is psychologically healthy enough to
stand trial.

“In my lay opinion, he is not fit,” Mr. Kaplan said after the
hearing, adding that he doesn’t know if Mr. Quirindongo was of sound
mind while talking to authorities after the baby’s death.

http://riverdalepress.com/stories/Probe-into-teens-mental-state-delays-baby-murder-trial-,48823
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by babyjustice Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:44 pm

This is such a sad story. I can't post links yet but I found a page that I believe may be the mother's Facebook page. Searched "rosa ferrer child abuse" and it was one of the pages that came up. I'm pretty sure it's hers because it lists a one year old son named Ryan J. It lists another son as well. Check out the page as her profile image is obnoxious and reflects on her morals. Why hasn't she been investigated for having a 17 year old boyfriend? Isn't that illegal. She should also be investigated for neglect but I haven't found anything yet about that. The pain that poor baby suffered is horrific. I'm always amazed when you don't hear the parents speak out. If they wanted to bring the perptrator to justice, they should be screaming from the rooftops.

babyjustice
Supreme Commander of the Universe
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussie Girl Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:12 am

twinkletoes wrote:June 29, 2011

Probe into teen’s mental state delays baby murder trial

By Graham Kates

A judge last week agreed......
........ after the hearing, adding that he doesn’t know if Mr. Quirindongo was of sound
mind while talking to authorities after the baby’s death.

http://riverdalepress.com/stories/Probe-into-teens-mental-state-delays-baby-murder-trial-,48823

Of course he is 'remorseful', he killed a child and will now have to answer for it.
Obviously these baby killers are the type who act first then become 'remorseful' later, when will they learn!!!!!!!!

Aussie Girl
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:26 pm

November 23, 2011

A dispute over medical records delays day in court

By Graham Kates

The trial of a teen accused of beating a baby to death in May was
delayed for two months on Nov. 17, after a defense lawyer requested
medical records that he said prosecutors had not turned over.

Eliot Kaplan, the attorney for accused murderer Martin Quirindongo,
said he needed time to review medical files compiled by the prosecution,
but declined to elaborate on what kind of medical records he sought.

The trial will resume on Thursday, Jan. 26.

Mr. Quirindongo is accused of beating 9-month-old baby Ryan Ferrer to
death on the morning of May 3. Police said Ryan’s mother, Rosa Ferrer,
was late for work and waiting for her regular sitter when she left her
child with Mr. Quirindongo.

A neighbor told police she heard a commotion coming from the
apartment after the baby started to cry. Ryan was discovered with blunt
force injuries to the chest and a bruised rib cage. The medical examiner
later determined that the baby suffered brain hemorrhaging and internal
bruising.

“She had to leave so she could make a living,” a police source said of Ms. Ferrer on May 3. “She’s devastated.”

Shortly after the baby’s death, police sources said that Mr.
Quirindongo “confessed on tape to hitting, biting and crushing the
child” and was “remorseful” when he was brought into custody.

“After learning that the baby died and that he would be charged with
murder, he became very distraught,” Deputy Inspector Brandon del Pozo,
then commander of the 50th Precinct, said that day.

The following day, on May 4, police took Mr. Quirindongo from the
50th Precinct station house to Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan for
psychiatric evaluation.

In June, Mr. Kaplan requested and was granted permission to have Mr.
Quirindongo examined to determine whether he was mentally fit to stand
trial.

Although Mr. Kaplan declined to comment on the results of that
examination, he confirmed that he would argue that Mr. Quirindongo was
not psychologically healthy when he killed baby Ryan.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down