Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TERRENCE "Trey" ZWICKER - 14 yo - Louisville KY

4 posters

Go down

TERRENCE "Trey" ZWICKER - 14 yo - Louisville KY Empty TERRENCE "Trey" ZWICKER - 14 yo - Louisville KY

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat May 14, 2011 4:59 pm

The father of the 14-year-old boy killed
near his home says he doesn't know much, but knows for a fact his son
wasn't alone. Police are investigating this as a homicide, but other
than that, the boy's father doesn't know what happened to his son and just wants answers.
"I was always hoping that I would always be
able to be there to protect my child, and I couldn't," said Terry Zwicker, father of the victim.

TERRENCE "Trey" ZWICKER - 14 yo - Louisville KY 14641891_BG1

Students at Liberty High School found 14-year-old Terrence "Trey" Zwicker's body on Wednesday afternoon behind the school.
"He was the shining light," said Zwicker. "We
were always involved in something. It had been raining for the last two
weeks and I promised him this weekend I would take him fishing."
His father last saw him Sunday night. He was spending the next few days at his mother's house.
"I was pretty busy this week," said Zwicker
shaking his head and starting to cry. "I just didn't have the time to
talk to him. I didn't take the time to text."
TERRENCE "Trey" ZWICKER - 14 yo - Louisville KY 14641891_BG2

Since the death of his only son, Zwicker stumbled upon a paper Trey wrote,
ironically about a another 14-year-old boy murdered.
"He was proud of it," said Zwicker tearing
up. "He said dad I got a 200. It was laying on his desk and when I
picked it up, the first line broke me. The power that was in just that first line.
The paper began: "The world is full of pivotal moments.
A pivotal moment is an event that changes the way we see the world."
"It's not a far cry from where he was at and
what happened to him," said Zwicker. "Except the only thing I know right
now is where his body was found. I don't know anything. I just want to know."
The coroner was scheduled to release the
boy's body to Zwicker Friday. Trey leaves behind parents, grandparents,
and two younger sisters
http://www.wave3.com/story/14641891/father-calls-dead-14-year-old-son-the-shining-light
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

TERRENCE "Trey" ZWICKER - 14 yo - Louisville KY Empty Re: TERRENCE "Trey" ZWICKER - 14 yo - Louisville KY

Post by twinkletoes Mon May 23, 2011 4:54 am

Memorial held for two child homicide victims

8:33 PM, May. 22, 2011

TERRENCE "Trey" ZWICKER - 14 yo - Louisville KY Bilde?Site=B2&Date=20110522&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=305220056&Ref=AR&MaxW=300&Border=0

Terry Zwicker, left and Rodericka Powell, comfort each other at a memorial for their children held on Sunday afternoon at Jefferson Square. (By Michael Dossett, Special to The Courier-Journal) May 22, 2011 / C-J

Elizabeth Kramer

Even Sunday afternoon's darkening clouds threatening rain didn't discourage the dozens of people who turned out for a downtown memorial for two children murdered this month.

Parents of both victims spoke at the memorial at Jefferson Square Park at Sixth and Jefferson streets organized by their families and Christopher 2X, founder of the Fight Crimes Against Children Partnership.

“We can't totally comprehend what you are … going through,” 2X said to the parents of 14-year-old Trey Zwicker and 3-year-old Davion Powell. “But we can sympathize with you all, and we can show by action that we support you all.”

Davion died on May 16 at Kosair Children's Hospital, three days after he was hit by a stray bullet inside his aunt's apartment in the 550 Apartments on South Eighth Street.

Terrence Wayne “Trey” Zwicker III was found dead May 11 by Liberty High students in a creek bed behind the school on East Indian Trail.

Police have said they are investigating Trey's death as a homicide, although the coroner's office has not yet released his cause of death because theinvestigation is ongoing.

“On the behalf of Davion, I know my baby is in a better place, and what more can I ask for. It hurts it hurts a lot,” Davion's mother, Rodericka Bryant, told the crowd. “What else can I ask for than to know my son's with God.”

Trey's father, Terry Zwicker, said: “It helps to see everybody's faces and all the toys and all the community being here for both of these children who senselessly died.”

Bryant also had a message for Zwicker: “Terry, my heart goes out to your family and I hope that justice is served.

”Roderick Moss, the man wanted in Davion's shooting, turned himself in to Louisville Metro Police on Friday.

Moss is facing charges of murder, wanton endangerment in the second degree and assault in the fourth degree and also has outstanding charges of domestic violence and criminal mischief, according to police.

With speeches over, organizers played a recording of Ella Fitzgerald's version of “Somewhere Over the Rainbow,” with the opening lines: “When all the world is a hopeless jumble and the raindrops tumble all around, heaven opens a magic land.”

Then organizers placed pile of toys in the park, including stuffed animals, dolls, Transformers and Hot Wheels. They will remain in the park for a few days before being distributed to children in the community, said 2X.

Several parents who lost children to violence in the past several years also were in attendance, including Marc Hampton whose three sons — Demar, Marc and Jemar Claybrooks — died in December 2008.

The three died as they were being given a ride home by Herbert Lee III from a youth event at the request of the event's organizers. Lee was driving a stolen car, and when police tried to pull him over, he fled and crashed into a tree in Old Louisville, killing the brothers.

Lee was sentenced to one year in juvenile custody because he was 16 when the crash occurred.

Hampton, who wore a medallion around his neck with a portrait of his sons, said he went to the funerals of Trey and Davion and came to the memorial on Sunday because he knows community support is important to the families, and there needs to be a greater awareness about violence affecting children.

“People don't realize that there are a lot of victims out here who get no answers and then sometimes you get answers, like I did, and it still don't help,” he said. “In the judicial system and the court system that these people still have to deal with, I hope they find better resolve than I found.”

Also attending was Sandy Tucker, whose older son killed her 12-year-old son, Darius, in March of last year as the two played with guns at their southern Louisville home.

“We're all not alone, but I think it's good to come and support people so they know they aren't alone,” she said.

Others at the memorial, including Drumondo Simpson, a Louisville resident and pastor at Indiana Avenue Christian Church in Jeffersonville, Ind., said more people need to be involved in preventing crime, especially violent crimes that take lives.

“We can be doing more than what we're doing, but support is just one way to help,” he said.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20110522/NEWS01/305220056/Memorial-held-two-Louisville-child-homicide-victims?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Local%20News
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

TERRENCE "Trey" ZWICKER - 14 yo - Louisville KY Empty Re: TERRENCE "Trey" ZWICKER - 14 yo - Louisville KY

Post by twinkletoes Mon May 23, 2011 5:30 am

Police have said they are investigating Zwicker's death as a homicide, but the cause of death has not been released by the coroner's office due to the ongoing investigation.

No arrests have been made in Zwicker's case.

http://www.mydesert.com/article/B2/20110518/NEWS01/305180117
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyfloridaopinion Sun May 29, 2011 2:25 am

Terrence Zwicker, 14, found dead in Kentucky creek by high school students on field trip

Thursday, May 12, 2011
In a scene straight out of the movie "Stand By Me," a group of Kentucky teens found the dead body of a boy in a creek behind their school, police said.

To read more:
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-05-12/news/29554027_1_dead-body-liberty-high-school-kentucky-creek

Last edited by inmyfloridaopinion on Sun May 29, 2011 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
inmyfloridaopinion
inmyfloridaopinion

Job/hobbies : Family (and Zoo) Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyfloridaopinion Sun May 29, 2011 2:28 am

Family remembers 14-year-old Terrence Zwicker

Posted: May 15, 2011 7:50 PM EDT
Updated: May 15, 2011 07:50 PM
By Marisela Burgos - email

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Family and friends gathered at Evergreen Funeral Home, Sunday, to say their final goodbyes to 14-year-old Terrence Zwicker.

Zwicker's body was found by Liberty High School students, Wednesday, in a creek behind the school. Zwicker was a Freshman at Seneca High School.

To read more:
http://www.wave3.com/story/14649203/family-remember-14-year-old-terrence-zwicker
inmyfloridaopinion
inmyfloridaopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyfloridaopinion Sun May 29, 2011 2:31 am

Obituary

Terrence Wayne "Trey" Zwicker | Visit Guest Book

ZWICKER, TERRENCE "TREY" WAYNE , 14, of Louisville, passed away May 11, 2011.

Trey was a freshmen at Seneca High School where he was an honor roll student and was also a member of Mission House of Prayer.

To read more:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/louisville/obituary.aspx?n=terrence-wayne-zwicker-trey&pid=150993747&fhid=10936
inmyfloridaopinion
inmyfloridaopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyfloridaopinion Sun May 29, 2011 2:44 am

Trey Zwicker, 14, Found Dead Behind Liberty High School in Kentucky

Friday, May 13, 2011, at 1:09 pm
​UPDATE: Police are treating the death of 14-year-old honor student Terrence Wayne "Trey" Zwicker III as a homicide. His body was found behind a Louisville high school in what appears to be a homicide. See update after the jump...

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2011/05/trey_zwicker_14_found_dead_beh.php

One of many comments from this link: Red is written by IMFO

Imnooo_angel 2 weeks ago
they are interviewing his step dad a man who has a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGG criminal record
inmyfloridaopinion
inmyfloridaopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyfloridaopinion Sun May 29, 2011 2:52 am

Grandmother of 14-year-old found dead outside school speaks

Posted: May 12, 2011 12:15 PM EDT

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - The teenage boy found dead outside a south end high school has been identified. According to the coroner, it was 14-year-old Terrence Zwicker, but his family and friends called him Trey.

"I talked to his principal this morning and they said that he never skipped school, was a good kid you know," said grandmother Shelly Stewart. "He just talked to my oldest son earlier this week about going to school and becoming a chef because he wanted to do something with himself and take care of his little sister when she got older."

To read more:
http://www.wave3.com/story/14633583/teen-identified
inmyfloridaopinion
inmyfloridaopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyfloridaopinion Sun May 29, 2011 2:59 am

Describes what happened, how the school dealt with it, and touching details of what Trey was like.

Teen found dead near Liberty High School an 'excellent student'
6:01 PM, May. 12, 2011 | 36 Comments

Written by Chris Quay

Funeral held for teen found dead near Liberty High School
Police 'actively pursuing leads' in death of Seneca High freshman
The father of a 14-year-old old honors student who was found dead in a creek bed near Liberty High School Wednesday afternoon is now searching for answers.

To read more:
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20110512/NEWS01/305120042/Teen-found-dead-near-Liberty-High-School-an-excellent-student-
inmyfloridaopinion
inmyfloridaopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyfloridaopinion Sun May 29, 2011 3:18 am

Now a homicide case.
inmyfloridaopinion
inmyfloridaopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun May 29, 2011 8:40 am

inmyfloridaopinion wrote:Now a homicide case.
Yes, since almost the beginning. See above posts.

How very sad this is for his family. TERRENCE "Trey" ZWICKER - 14 yo - Louisville KY 133385
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sun May 29, 2011 8:42 am

Father of murdered 14-year-old still looking for answers

May 27, 2011 10:24 PM EDT

TERRENCE "Trey" ZWICKER - 14 yo - Louisville KY 14741038_BG1

LOUISVILLE, KY. (WDRB) -- The father of a murdered 14-year-old still has no answers about his son's death. Two weeks after Trey Zwicker was killed, loved ones are paying tribute in a unique way.

Terry Zwicker says he has no peace in his son's murder: "Every second, every time I look out the window. Every time I pause, I look up and say I love you and I miss you."

On May 11th, students found Trey covered in blood near Liberty High School. "The investigators are keeping in contact with me," he says, "but unfortunately they are not releasing any of the details they've gotten in the case."

There have been no arrests, not even the release of an exact cause of death, though Terry believes Trey was the victim of a savage beating.

He says, "It just wasn't my son's face, and that's about all I can tell you about it. It's still an image that if I close my eyes I can see it and it's horrific."

When Terry closes his eyes he can also remembers the best of Trey -- a smile a mile long, always willing to help, and a passion for professional wrestling.

We would wrestle on the floor and he was getting too big, but we still did it and it was great," Terry says.

Trey had tickets to attend an Ohio Valley Wrestling show with his father just three days after his death, so the guys at OVW are giving Trey one last show.

"When I heard what happened it was so sad so sad," OVW wrestler and former WWE superstar Cliff Compton says. He coordinated the event. He adds, "All the money for the ticket sales goes right to the family, so it's going to be awesome."

Terry explains, "It means so much to me and my family. I don't think I could ever thank the guy."

So Cliff and his comrades will take to the ring and fight for a bigger cause: "We have a personal goal to make Mr. Zwicker smile, 'cause we know if he's smiling Trey's off in a better place smiling right back at him."

It's helping a family heal from a young life taken too soon. Terry says, "Yeah, hell, be there, he's watching down on all of us right now."

OVW is a premier independent wrestling organization and many of their past and present stars have wrestled on the national scene.

The benefit is Friday night at Davis Arena, 4400 Shepherdsville Road Belltime is 7:30 and tickets cost $10.

http://www.fox41.com/story/14741038/father-of-murdered-14-year-old-still-looking-for-answers?clienttype=printable
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:06 am

EXCLUISVE: Zwicker's grandmother speaks on murder, Amber Alert

Jun 16, 2011 10:47 PM EDT

LOUISVILLE, KY (WDRB) - The coroner's office said today Trey Zwicker died of "multiple blunt and sharp force injuries" from an assault. In an interview you'll only see on WDRB, his grandmother says she knew something bad would happen once her daughter left Joshua Gouker.
Shelly Stewart says Trey's mom, Amanda, has held off reading the entire autopsy report she's been warned it is very gruesome. The autopsy was not able to determine what type of weapon was used. Authorities held off releasing the boy's cause of death until tonight to preserve information in the police homicide investigation.
Stewart says the last month has been very difficult on the family.
She says Amanda and Trey were best of friends and she's struggling with his death, having nightmares.
Stewart believes Joshua Gouker knows who killed her son and says Gouker recently threatened to kill her and Amanda. She had a feeling Gouker would run once her daughter left him.
"We started contacting social services and started saying he's going to run with that kid, he's going to run with that kid and sure enough, that's what he did. He's such a controlling person."
High school students found Trey's body behind Liberty High School on May 11th.
Police have not made any arrests in the case and have not three shot named any suspects or persons of interest.

http://www.fox41.com/story/14926348/excluisve-zwickers-grandmother-speaks-on-murder-amber-alert
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:15 am

The case against 15-year-old Joshua Young has
now taken to the internet, with two very different petitions sparking
an international interest.
Young is behind bars and will be charged as
an adult for the May, 2011 murder of 14-year-old Trey Zwicker.
Zwicker's body was found beaten and stabbed to death near Liberty High
School by students working on a class project.

Young was Zwicker's step-brother, and
questions have swirled about whether Young's father, Joshua Gouker, was
involved in Trey Zwicker's murder.

Joshua Gouker's own mother told WAVE 3 News
she believes Gouker is responsible for Trey's death -- not Josh Young,
which is her grandson.

"I still say 'little Josh' is not to blame.
He did not do it. I believe his father did it with all his heart and
soul and I now my son with all my soul," Ruby Jessie said.

She says she believes Gouker did it out of retaliation, to get back at his estranged wife.

"He and Amanda were having really bad
problems. She aborted two of his kids in 2000 and one of their marriages
and he felt like it was a child for a child," Jessie said.

The questions of whether Joshua Young played a part in Trey Zwicker's murder is one of the reasons why "Justice For Juveniles"
is getting involved, picking up the case on it's website to try to urge
the court to not try Young as an adult, where his punishment could
include life behind bars.

The New Hampshire-based website features different cases, and director Melissa Higgins tells WAVE 3 why she picked up the case:

"One thing that stands out to me about his
case is his father's possible involvement. His father, Josh Gouker, has
an extensive criminal record and his mother has said that he admitted to
her he committed the murder of his stepson, Trey Zwicker," Higgins
explains.

"My concern is that the prosecution is
charging Josh with a crime he may not have committed. I am also
concerned with the fact he is being charged as an adult and could
potentially face life in prison without parole. I have a petition asking
the prosecution to investigate Josh Gouker further and also to drop
their pursuit of the younger Josh's case in criminal court. As a
juvenile he should be tried in juvenile court," she said.

Her petition had nearly 700 signatures Sunday
night from all over the country, some coming from as far as Australia,
Canada, and Yemen.

In response to this, another petition drive
has been started, called "Justice for Trey Zwicker" which has been
started by his aunt.

Her petition drive says, "I believe any child
that is capable of commenting murder to another child or even an adult,
especially a brutal beating to death knows exactly what they are doing.
An Adult size crime deserves an adult sized punishment. People try to
argue that a child should not be tried as an adult, but what if it was
their child that was murdered by another child? Would they agree with it
then? Chances are NO."

The "Justice for Trey Zwicker" had nearly 100 supporters Sunday night.

While the petition drive plays out, Young is expected back in court in mid-to-late January.
http://www.wave3.com/story/16184987/teens-murder-trial-turns-into-two-seperate-petition-drives
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by babyjustice Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:08 pm

There seemed to be some articles missing in this thread which left out arrest information so here is an article I found. Looks like the stepfather was a bad guy. There's a picture of Joshua Young in the article and he sure doesn't look very old. I do believe he had his father's help if he did do it. So sad.

Arrest made in Trey Zwicker murder case
Posted: Jun 23, 2011 11:25 AM EDT
Updated: Jun 27, 2011 1:29 PM EDT

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Police confirmed early Thursday afternoon that they have made an arrest in the beating death of Trey Zwicker -- but they won't confirm the suspect's identity.

WDRB News turned to the victim's family for that information.

Zwicker's family says that suspect is Joshua Young, the victim's stepbrother. But since the suspect arrested is only 15 years old, police are staying tight-lipped.

14-year-old Trey Zwicker was found behind Liberty high School on May 11.

And according to a Metro Police citation, the suspect beat Trey to death and then disposed of the murder weapon and his clothing.

Joshua Young was arrested with his father, Joshua Gouker, in Alabama last week. Their disappearance set off an Amber Alert.

But it turns out they were already behind bars in Alabama on weapons charges. Police there say Gouker kidnapped a woman near Birmingham, and he's still in Alabama facing charges.

Today Louisville police say they are confident they have the right person in custody.

"We don't take murder arrests lightly," said Sgt. Aaron Crowell of LMPD. "I mean, if we weren't confident in the facts of the case, we would not have made the arrest."

Right now, the suspect is being held at the Jefferson County Youth Center. Police say this is still an ongoing investigation which means there could be more arrests.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/14963564/developing-arrest-made-in-trey-zwicker-case

babyjustice
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by babyjustice Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Another similar article on the arrest with more details. Joshua posted about a gang in his facebook page and from other details sounds like he wasn't into some bad stuff.

Zwicker's father: Stepbrother of murdered teen charged in connection with death .
WHAS11.com
Posted on June 23, 2011 at 10:40 AM
Updated Thursday, Jun 23 at 5:54 PM

Louisville, Ky. (WHAS11) - WHAS11 News has learned that a juvenile has been charged in connection with the murder of 14-year-old Trey Zwicker.

A juvenile was arrested Thursday and charged with murder and tampering with physical evidence.

Trey Zwicker's father, Terry Zwicker, tells WHAS11 News that police told him that Trey Zwicker's stepbrother, Josh Young, was arrested in connection with the death. Another source also confirms to WHAS11 that Young has been arrested.

Zwicker’s body was found behind Liberty High School last month. According to the coroner, he died from multiple blunt force injuries and stab wounds from an unknown weapon.

Young was the subject of an Amber Alert last Thursday.

It happened after Young’s father, Joshua Gouker, didn’t show up for court in Indiana. He was believed to have taken Young against his will; however, authorities learned that Gouker and Young were involved in a kidnapping in Alabama, where they allegedly made a woman drive to a hotel at gunpoint.

Young faces a weapons charge in connection with the alleged Alabama kidnapping. Gouker faces kidnapping charges in connection with that same incident.

WHAS11 discovered that Young’s mother died last spring and the teen has lived in several foster homes since then. Gouker tried to get custody of Young during that time.

WHAS11 has also learned that Young often posted references to the Bloods street gang on his Facebook page.

There were several entries referring to the gang in the days immediately after Zwicker’s death.

Police have not disclosed a motive in the case and have not been able to confirm because of state law that prevents the disclosure of information involving minors.

The Jefferson County Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office could choose to charge Young as an adult.

No other suspects have been charged or named in the case.

Trey Zwicker's mother recently filed an emergency protective order against Gouker and in court documents she claimed Gouker was involved in her son's murder.

Young said he considered Zwicker a friend and was a pallbearer at the teen's funeral.

http://www.whas11.com/news/crimetracker/Juvenile-arrested-in-connection-with-death-of-14-year-old-Trey-Zwicker-124423669.html

babyjustice

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:28 pm

Who killed Trey Zwicker?

By Graham Winch

updated 7:34 AM EDT, Fri July 26, 2013

NEED TO KNOW

• The 14-year-old was found beaten to death in 2011. His stepfather will be sentenced for the murder today, and his stepbrother goes on trial for 'complicity' next week
  • Jury selection in stepbrother Joshua Young's trial is set to begin Monday

TERRENCE "Trey" ZWICKER - 14 yo - Louisville KY Younggouker
High school students in Louisville, Kentucky, made a gruesome discovery in May of 2011 when they found 14-year-old Trey Zwicker's broken body in a ditch near their school.

Zwicker was beaten to death. The victim's stepfather, Josh Gouker, is scheduled to be sentenced Friday after pleading guilty to the murder. Another trial starts next week for the victim's stepbrother, who is charged with "complicity to murder."

After issuing his plea on May 10, Gouker told the court he became enraged after his stepson stole some marijuana and a lighter from him. He said he hit him with a pipe.

"I just snapped. I hit him. He went down," said Gouker. "Before I knew it, it was over."

Gouker said he had only meant to teach the boy a lesson.
"In the back of my mind, I'm getting tired of him stealing [expletive] so I'm just going to scare him," said Gouker. "I told him, 'The next time you steal from me, I'm going to treat you like a man.'"

Josh Young, 17, Gouker's biological son and Zwicker's stepbrother, is set to be tried as an adult for Zwicker's death. Jury selection begins Monday. Young is charged with "complicity to murder." This means prosecutors believe Young had knowledge of Gouker's plan to kill Zwicker, but failed do anything to stop it.

When Gouker pleaded guilty to Zwicker's slaying, he tried to deflect blame away from his son.

"He didn't have anything to do with it," Gouker told the judge.

But before changing his plea, Gouker had blamed his son for the killing.

Pete Schuler, Young's attorney, told the Louisville Courier-Jounal Gouker has "zero credibility" and Young is "innocent because he is innocent, not because Gouker" now says so.

Recorded statements made by Gouker have not been helpful to Young's case.
During a recorded jailhouse visitation with his mother, Gouker told her he was going to take the fall for his son.

"So look, bottom line is, I'm just going to take one off the chin and goddamn it, Josh better not leave me," said Gouker, according to HLN affiliate WLKY, which obtained the audio.

"I said 'Josh, if they catch us, you just act crazy. You're a minor and you won't get no time'," Gouker told WHAS in an August 2012 jailhouse interview.

Zwicker's biological father is convinced Young played a large role in his son's tragic death.

"Josh Young is just as guilty as Gouker. He was standing right there," said Terry Zwicker. "I don't anticipate ever really knowing the truth. I just anticipate justice being served. It's a slow process, but at the end of the road, I think I'm gonna be happy with what I see."

www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/25/who-killed-trey-zwicker
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Stepdad gets life in beating death of stepson

12:17 PM EDT, Fri July 26, 2013

NEED TO KNOW
The 14-year-old was found beaten to death in 2011. His stepfather received a life sentence Friday for the murder, and his stepbrother goes on trial for 'complicity' next week.

Jury selection in stepbrother Joshua Young's trial is set to begin Monday

A man who killed his 14-year-old stepson was sentenced Friday to life in prison, with the possibility of parole after 20 years.

Josh Gouker had pleaded guilty to the 2011 beating death in Louisville, Kentucky. Another trial starts next week for the victim's stepbrother, who is charged with "complicity to murder."

After issuing his plea on May 10, Gouker told the court he became enraged after his stepson, Trey Zwicker, stole some marijuana and a lighter from him. He said he hit him with a pipe.

"I just snapped. I hit him. He went down," said Gouker. "Before I knew it, it was over."

Gouker said he had only meant to teach the boy a lesson.

"In the back of my mind, I'm getting tired of him stealing [expletive] so I'm just going to scare him," said Gouker. "I told him, 'The next time you steal from me, I'm going to treat you like a man.'"

High school students in Louisville made the gruesome discovery in May of 2011 of Zwicker's broken body in a ditch near their school.

Josh Young, 17, Gouker's biological son and Zwicker's stepbrother, is set to be tried as an adult for Zwicker's death. Jury selection begins Monday. Young is charged with "complicity to murder." This means prosecutors believe Young had knowledge of Gouker's plan to kill Zwicker, but failed do anything to stop it.

When Gouker pleaded guilty to Zwicker's slaying, he tried to deflect blame away from his son.

"He didn't have anything to do with it," Gouker told the judge.

But before changing his plea, Gouker had blamed his son for the killing.

Pete Schuler, Young's attorney, told the Louisville Courier-Jounal Gouker has "zero credibility" and Young is "innocent because he is innocent, not because Gouker" now says so.

Recorded statements made by Gouker have not been helpful to Young's case.
During a recorded jailhouse visitation with his mother, Gouker told her he was going to take the fall for his son.

"So look, bottom line is, I'm just going to take one off the chin and goddamn it, Josh better not leave me," said Gouker, according to HLN affiliate WLKY, which obtained the audio.

"I said 'Josh, if they catch us, you just act crazy. You're a minor and you won't get no time'," Gouker told WHAS in an August 2012 jailhouse interview.

Zwicker's biological father is convinced Young played a large role in his son's tragic death.

"Josh Young is just as guilty as Gouker. He was standing right there," said Terry Zwicker. "I don't anticipate ever really knowing the truth. I just anticipate justice being served. It's a slow process, but at the end of the road, I think I'm gonna be happy with what I see."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/25/who-killed-trey-zwicker
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down