Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony Trial - Defense Strategy - BNN

Go down

Casey Anthony Trial - Defense Strategy - BNN Empty Casey Anthony Trial - Defense Strategy - BNN

Post by mom_in_il Thu May 26, 2011 10:23 pm

Casey Anthony Trial - Defense Strategy
Posted on May 26th, 2011 by Simon Barrett

Excerpt:

Much has been written about the opening statement given by lead defense attorney Jose Baez. The sexual abuse allegations were shocking. In fact so shocking that the prosecution had do do some quick thinking and called father George Anthony as their first witness. Not to address the sexual abuse subject but to perform a quick character rehabilitation. This was a good move and by taking this step likely stopped a smoldering fire from burning in the jurors minds.

I am not a legal expert, but do consider myself to know a few of the basic rules in the legal system. The question I kept repeating to myself was how could Jose Baez possibly bring the sexual abuse allegation into evidence? It seems to have little relevance to the charges that Casey Anthony faces, but if proven could provide for a good mitigating factor.

It would seem unlikely that father George Anthony or Casey’s older brother Lee Anthony would take the stand and voluntarily open up that line of questioning. Many people are speculating that to bring the sexual abuse allegations into the trial Jose Baez will be forced to place Casey Anthony on the stand. While we would all love to see that, it seems unlikely that Baez would take the risk. The prosecution would tear her apart like a pack of rabid wolves.

http://www.bloggernews.net/126608
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down