Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defense claims Casey Anthony case mirrors TV show

2 posters

Go down

Defense claims Casey Anthony case mirrors TV show Empty Defense claims Casey Anthony case mirrors TV show

Post by mom_in_il Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:38 pm

Defense claims Casey Anthony case mirrors TV show

Walter Pacheco |Sentinel Staff Writer 8:23 AM EST, February 6, 2009

Casey Anthony's defense attorneys appeared this morning on NBC's Today Show and compared their client with the lead character from the popular 1960s TV show, The Fugitive.

In that television show, actor David Janssen plays Dr. Richard Kimble. He blames a one-armed man for the murder of his wife, but no one believes him and he is convicted in her death. Kimble runs from the law, but is vindicated in the end.

"The person who seemed to be so guilt that the locals have made this person so guilty," attorney Linda Kenney Baden told Today Show host Meredith Vieora. "He was so hated and he ran from the law and it turns out he was innocent. In this case, we believe our client [Anthony] is innocent."

Casey Anthony, 22, is charged with murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie, and is being held without bail at the Orange CountyJail. Caylee's remains were found close to the home the toddler shared with her mother and grandparents.

Anthony claims Caylee was kidnapped by her babysitter, Zenaida Gonzalez, who investigators think does not exist.

"The comparison [to the television show] is for everyone has to wait. You have to stop saying someone is guilty," Baden said.

Lead defense attorney Jose Baez said "it's her [Anthony] against the world."

He spoke little about the change of venue, saying he plans to "keep the location we're asking for secret."

"I don't want that disclosed," Baez said. "I don't want what's going on in Orlando to happen in the new location."

Baez added, "I am doing the best I can for my client...I am quite frankly, doing the oath that I took."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-caylee-anthony-020609,0,2547975.story
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

Defense claims Casey Anthony case mirrors TV show Empty Re: Defense claims Casey Anthony case mirrors TV show

Post by Angelfire Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:46 am

I grew up watching the Fugitive and always loved the show. But we must remember Dr Richard Kimble spent his whole time trying to prove he was innocent and someone else had murdered his wife. Seems that poor guy never rested because he was so focused on proving he did not commit the murder.

Now with Casey, she has not helped even one iota in trying to find her "missing" child. She told lie after lie to try to keep the dectives running in the wrong direction. She did nothing.

Richard Kimble did not stop until he finally caught the one armed man who had murdered his wife. Casey can't help because she is too busy hugging her lawyer, playing "pen" pals with him and batting her eyes and giving him her little "see how cute I am" smiles. I certainly don't see the comparison that Linda Baden gave this morning on how Casey and Richard Kimble was alike.
Angelfire
Angelfire
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down