Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conway on Larry King 2/5/2009

Go down

Conway on Larry King 2/5/2009 Empty Conway on Larry King 2/5/2009

Post by mom_in_il Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:47 pm

KING: Joining us now from Orlando, Florida, Brad Conway, the attorney for George and Cindy Anthony. George and Cindy are the grandparents of the murdered toddler Caylee Anthony and they're the parents of her accused killer, her mother, Casey. George had some suicidal moments last month. He was released from the hospital yesterday. How's he doing?

BRAD CONWAY, ATTORNEY FOR GEORGE AND CINDY ANTHONY: He's doing much better, Larry. He's glad to be home. When he got home, he found hundreds of e-mails from people he doesn't know across the country. And they are wishing him good luck and prayers and compassion has gone out for him.

KING: He's such a sensitive guy. Do you fear he might try to hurt himself again?

CONWAY: I don't think so, Larry. He realizes now that Caylee's voice is -- it goes on with him and with -- with Cindy and with Lee. I don't think he wants to give that up.

KING: Has he told you exactly what happened? Or why it happened?

CONWAY: Well, we have talked about it a little bit, Larry. That's something I wouldn't go into, because it's private. Not attorney/client privilege, necessarily, but it's between two people talking. And I don't want to share that.

KING: George and Cindy were on this show just hours before Caylee's remains were found. I asked him how he reacted when he heard that his daughter was arrested. Watch.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

GEORGE ANTHONY, GRANDFATHER OF CAYLEE ANTHONY: When they took her into custody the very first time, I was just appalled, because I wanted them to -- I wanted to put an amber alert out for my granddaughter, which they never did. They never contacted the FBI that I wanted them to contact.

I have a little knowledge on some stuff. You really would think they want to have some -- someone wanting to have helped them assist, trying to find this beautiful three-year-old little girl.
And all I was doing was trying to help them.

KING: Why do you think they wouldn't?

ANTHONY: They had their mind made up.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

KING: Brad, are they still holding out for their daughter's innocence?

CONWAY: Larry, they support their daughter 100 percent. They love her. And that's never going to change. In terms of the case, you know it's hard to comment on that, because there is so much evidence that has yet to come out from the state attorney's office and from law enforcement.

KING: I understand you have got news tonight about Caylee's memorial?

CONWAY: Yes, sir. Her memorial is set for Tuesday, February 10th at 10:00 a.m.

KING: Where?

CONWAY: It is at the First Baptist Church of Orlando. It's a large church, holds about 5,000 people. And I'm expecting it probably will be filled.

KING: Do you know the time?

CONWAY: Yes, 10:00 a.m., Larry.

KING: All right. Let me repeat that. If you are in the Florida area, and this case has become cause celebre everywhere, the memorial service will be held Tuesday, February 10th -- that's this coming Tuesday -- at 10:00 a.m. at the First Baptist Church of Orlando. Open to anyone in the public who comes?

CONWAY: It is. But the family and the church reserve the right to refuse entrance to anybody that is not going to conform with dignity and respect to her service.

KING: You are referring to paparazzi types or tabloid types?

CONWAY: That and there are some people out there that do not have good intentions. I know there are people out there looking for pictures of Caylee's remains, as well as the actual remains. We are going to make sure that security is tight. And nothing is going to get in the way of a dignified and respectful service for this little girl.

KING: Can her mother go?

CONWAY: No. No. That is something that -- Larry, she would have to be furloughed from the jail. That is not really an option.

KING: We'll be back with more with Brad Conway on this edition of LARRY KING LIVE. Don't go away.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

KING: Brad Conway, again, George Anthony is out of the hospital and doing OK. No fears he would repeat that act. And informing us of the memorial service next Tuesday at the First Baptist Church of Orlando at 10:00 a.m. How is -- if you know, how is Cindy holding up, Brad?

CONWAY: She is doing well. She is glad to have George back. And she has been busy trying to plan this service for quite a while, trying to get the details down. So that I think occupies a lot of her time and thoughts.

KING: Will there be many speakers?

CONWAY: Larry, I don't know the details. It's funny, because I'm getting asked that. Cindy has told me I am not going to tell you. Anybody that wants to know needs to come and pay their respects to Caylee and they will find out in person.

KING: We showed you a clip earlier; George and Cindy were on the show in December. I asked George then why Casey wouldn't call him to say that Caylee is gone.
Watch.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ANTHONY: I know we kept in contact with her, at least Cindy did every day or every other day. Little text message here and everything was fine.

KING: What do you make of it? She is your daughter. You have to have some -- why wouldn't she not -- why would she not tell you?

CINDY ANTHONY, GRANDMOTHER OF CAYLEE ANTHONY: I think she's -- I think she was frightened. I think, from what we understand, that you know there has been threats to not only Caylee's well-being, but also to our family's well-being.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

KING:Brad, how have they dealt with the stress? They didn't do anything wrong. And they're very nice couple. How have they dealt with the stress of all of this?

CONWAY: Well, not very well, given George's recent hospitalization.

KING: Yes.

CONWAY: And the constant media attention has been a part of that. So focusing on the service for Caylee is important. And then moving on will be difficult. You know, you never get over something like this. But they have still got another -- at least probably another year before this -- the trial is over. And they have got to go through that.

KING: How do they deal with all of the -- as you said, she is worried about what might happen at the church, with all the paparazzi and all this lights on their house and the attention?

CONWAY: Well, you know one thing, Larry, since George's hospitalization, the media have, I think voluntarily, backed off a bit. And you always have that one or two journalists that won't do it voluntarily. But they have given them some space. And they'll continue to do that, I think, until the next story comes up. And if it involves George and Cindy, they'll be there. If it doesn't, hopefully, they will maintain their distance.

KING: I know there is a trial coming. But -- and this will have to be part of evidence. Where are the young girl's remains?

CONWAY: Right now, they're still in the funeral home. They have not left. They will not be at First Baptist on Tuesday for the service. We want to make sure that security is the
first -- first and most important thing. And knowing that her remains would be there would cause problems. So they will not be there. They are not in the Anthony home. They are at the funeral home still.

KING: Are they still part of evidence? Or is all that taken, done already?

CONWAY: That is all done, Larry. The state has the had their opportunity to do all their examinations and they have done that to their satisfaction, as well as the defense. And so everybody is done. We wanted to make sure that they did it right the first time around, so that there is no need to re-examine her. We can put her to rest, and everybody can move on and do their jobs from there.

KING: So, therefore, this is not a funeral service. It is a memorial service?

CONWAY: Yes, it is, Larry. It is a memorial service.

KING: And, again, the public is invited, but the parents reserve the right to deny admission to anyone they see not fit?

CONWAY: That's right, Larry. We want to make sure -- it only takes one person to disrupt what would otherwise be a nice service. We are not going to let that happen if we can stop it.

KING: Thank you, Brad.

CONWAY: You're welcome.

KING: Brad Conway, the attorney for George and Cindy Anthony. The memorial service Tuesday, February 10th, 10:00 a.m., First Baptist Church of Orlando. It's a very large church.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/05/lkl.01.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down