Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMAR MUSHAR WILSON Jr - 6 Weeks (2008) - Winston-Salem NC

Go down

AMAR MUSHAR WILSON Jr - 6 Weeks (2008) - Winston-Salem NC Empty AMAR MUSHAR WILSON Jr - 6 Weeks (2008) - Winston-Salem NC

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:07 am

A man who punched, shook and squeezed his young son to death had hit the child two weeks before, a prosecutor said Thursday during a plea and sentencing hearing in Forsyth Superior Court. During the fatal assault on Nov. 25, 2008, Amar Mushar Wilson was accused of punching his 6-week-old son four to five times in the stomach, Assistant District Attorney Jennifer Martin said. The child was pronounced dead after being taken to an area hospital.Wilson Sr.,
22, of 2315 Bethabara Point Circle, pleaded guilty Thursday to
second-degree murder and felony child abuse inflicting serious physical
injury.Before sentencing him, Judge Todd Burke made Wilson look at pictures of his beaten son."I don't know what goes through the mind of a person who would beat a child," he told Wilson, who made no statement before being sentenced to 24 to 30 years and five months in prison.David Botchin, one of Wilson's attorneys, did not give any alternative explanation in court for the child's death. He described his client as a sensitive young man who led a Bible study at the unit he stayed in at the Forsyth County Jail. But Burke said he couldn't understand how a "sensitive" man could beat his child to death. The judge also denied a request from Botchin to allow Wilson's family to hug him as he was led out of the courtroom."This mother will never see her child again," Burke said.Wilson and Javon Snipes were dating, and Snipes had left Wilson to care for their son, Amar Mushar Wilson Jr., while she went to a job interview. But shortly after she left, Wilson called Snipes from a neighbor's house. Martin said Wilson did not call 911.When Snipes got home, the baby was cold and not breathing. The couple took the baby to Forsyth Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.An autopsy found that the baby died of blunt force trauma to the head.The
child's numerous injuries included bruises on his brain, bleeding on
the surface of the brain, bleeding in the blood vessels in the retina
and rib fractures, Martin said."In his short life, this young boy underwent excruciating pain and abuse," she said in court.Snipes tried to read a statement to the court but was too overcome with emotion to continue. Martin read her statement."Even though my son was (only) 6 weeks old, he was a beautiful gift from God," Snipes said in her statement. "I can still smell you when I close my eyes."
http://www2.journalnow.com/news/2011/jun/08/man-pleads-guilty-to-charges-he-killed-his-6-week--ar-1107964/
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down