Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL

+11
FloridaMom
Tracey276
Impetuous
kiwimom
mamabear
angelah
vixen
tears4caylee
admin
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 Empty Re: ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL

Post by Tracey276 Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:44 pm

tears4caylee wrote:I sent an email to the Napels newspaper as follows:

To: Spartz, Mary Jo
Subject: Re ADJIR DESIR

I would like to make a
request. I have been following the cases of Caylee anthony, Adjir
Desir, Haleigh Cummings and all the other missing children in
Florida . I am
very upset that Adjir's name has not been put out there, just like all the
other children especially Caylee and Haleigh. Why is there so much
discrimination in this world that a Black child is not acknowledged as much
as a white child. This little boy needs to be looked for and found no
matter what the circumstances, Just like Haleigh. I see that Haleigh's
family is out there everyday on television talking and Adjir's family is not.
Leonard Padilla right away went to Haleigh's town and not one mention of him
going to Adjir's town. This truly upsets me.

PLEASE LET US NOT FORGET THAT ADJIR DESIR IS ALSO MISSING. EVEN NANCY
GRACE HAS FORGOTTEN ABOUT THIS CHILD...VERY UPSETTING. PLEASE DO
ANYTHING YOU CAN TO PUT HIS NAME ON EVERY
TV STATION AND EVERY NEWSPAPER.

THANK YOU.
A CONCERNED CITIZEN
And the editor sent me one back as follows

Cc:

"Spartz, Mary Jo"

Thank you for your comments and thoughts.
We would like to share them with our readers through our Letters to Editor
column. Would that be OK?

Sincerely,

PHIL LEWIS

EditoR

AND OF COURSE I SAID YES THEY CAN SHARE MY EMAIL...

I haven't read through the rest of this thread yet. However, I was just thinking about little Adjir yesterday and was actually upset with NG too. She covered it for what a few days? Then he was forgotten on her show too. I think this is an OUTRAGE. Can you share here the address you emailed this too. I would also like to write this media outlet and ask them why he is not getting coverage. I am also going to write NG, JVM, and MG on HLN to get this child back on tv. This is just NOT acceptable. Thank you for writing to them. Hopefully, you will share so others can too. I did see the top of the page that said to who, I think. But I don't know if there is some more info you can share of who the local media is there that you are aware of. You all are so smart here and have lots of info and I'm not as good at the sleuthing. LOL!
Thanks

Tracey276
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 Empty Adji on 'Most Wanted'

Post by FloridaMom Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:21 pm

Adji on 'Most Wanted'

IMMOKALEE: The search for missing 6-year-old Adji Desir will be profiled on America's Most Wanted.
The show is scheduled to feature a segment on Adji during its 9 p.m. broadcast on Saturday night.
The 6-year-old developmentally disabled boy was last seen Jan. 10 after he went outside to play in Farm Worker Village in Immokalee and disappeared.
A crew from the television show was in Immokalee on Feb. 20 interviewing Collier County Sheriff's Office Lt. Tom Smith of the Special Crimes Bureau and Adji's family members for the segment.
This will be the second time the show will profile Adji. The show initially featured the case on Jan. 17.
Anyone with information about Adji's whereabouts can call the Collier County Sheriff's Office at 239-793-9300, or if you wish to remain anonymous call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477).
FloridaMom
FloridaMom
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 Empty Re: ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL

Post by tears4caylee Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:06 pm

Tracey276 wrote:
tears4caylee wrote:I sent an email to the Napels newspaper as follows:

To: Spartz, Mary Jo
Subject: Re ADJIR DESIR

I would like to make a
request. I have been following the cases of Caylee anthony, Adjir
Desir, Haleigh Cummings and all the other missing children in
Florida . I am
very upset that Adjir's name has not been put out there, just like all the
other children especially Caylee and Haleigh. Why is there so much
discrimination in this world that a Black child is not acknowledged as much
as a white child. This little boy needs to be looked for and found no
matter what the circumstances, Just like Haleigh. I see that Haleigh's
family is out there everyday on television talking and Adjir's family is not.
Leonard Padilla right away went to Haleigh's town and not one mention of him
going to Adjir's town. This truly upsets me.

PLEASE LET US NOT FORGET THAT ADJIR DESIR IS ALSO MISSING. EVEN NANCY
GRACE HAS FORGOTTEN ABOUT THIS CHILD...VERY UPSETTING. PLEASE DO
ANYTHING YOU CAN TO PUT HIS NAME ON EVERY
TV STATION AND EVERY NEWSPAPER.

THANK YOU.
A CONCERNED CITIZEN
And the editor sent me one back as follows

Cc:

"Spartz, Mary Jo"

Thank you for your comments and thoughts.
We would like to share them with our readers through our Letters to Editor
column. Would that be OK?

Sincerely,

PHIL LEWIS

EditoR

AND OF COURSE I SAID YES THEY CAN SHARE MY EMAIL...

I haven't read through the rest of this thread yet. However, I was just thinking about little Adjir yesterday and was actually upset with NG too. She covered it for what a few days? Then he was forgotten on her show too. I think this is an OUTRAGE. Can you share here the address you emailed this too. I would also like to write this media outlet and ask them why he is not getting coverage. I am also going to write NG, JVM, and MG on HLN to get this child back on tv. This is just NOT acceptable. Thank you for writing to them. Hopefully, you will share so others can too. I did see the top of the page that said to who, I think. But I don't know if there is some more info you can share of who the local media is there that you are aware of. You all are so smart here and have lots of info and I'm not as good at the sleuthing. LOL!
Thanks

I just read your post and wanted to give you the email I sent the ltr to...
mjspartz@naplesnews.com
tears4caylee
tears4caylee
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey276 Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:18 pm

Thank you so much for giving me this information and writing to them too. I'm so sad for Adjir and his family. I can't believe we just elected an African American President, yet our country and our reporters still report based on what "they think viewers interests are". Do they not know there are many, many people who do not care what color, background or ethnicity a child is from, if they are missing, we want them covered and found! It makes me sad to know we are in the 21st century and still this happens.

What, is Adjir's family not as messed up and a bunch of liars and psychopath's, so the story won't be as intereseting? Is there not enough juicy gossipy stuff to throw in the story? Well, AMEN to that! I'd like to see a family who is actually normal and is just wanting help to find their baby. There are thousands of stories like that and I want Adjir found. Show his story and quit plastering KC's psychodrama that is nothing new but played over and over to maybe hook one more viewer to that wacko woman's murder story.

I'm sorry for venting. I will save the rest for my letters to the newspapers. I am just angry and so very sad. Does anyone know anything about how this case is progressing? Or any news? Someone said they went and helped search for him and met the family. Can you share a little more of that? And also what happened and what is known that the family may have said.

Hugs to all. Hopefully they will find him being cared for by another immigrant family who possibly is just afraid to come forward. Maybe they are either illegals or don't speak the language etc. etc. I know long shot and probably not. I just want it to be anything but another tragic ending.

Tracey276
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 Empty Naples Newspaper

Post by tears4caylee Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:12 pm

There is a reporter who is comparing the Haleigh Cummings case to the Adji Desir case... Here is the link..

very interesting This is the newspaper my ltr went to also..

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/feb/28/search-adji-two-missing-children-two-different-ale/
tears4caylee
tears4caylee

Back to top Go down

ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 Empty New Story about Adji

Post by mom_from_STL Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:15 am

ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 Adji

Adji Desir: Without A Trace?

Written by Stone in TDBS Top Story on 04 13th, 2009 | 11 responses

ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 DesirImmokalee, Florida- The charming young boy named Adji Desir disappeared without a trace on January 10th, 2009. Not much has been reported on Adji. He vanished and I mean vanished from his families front yard during the early evening. Its been reported he went out to play and was gone minutes later.
Adji is a special needs child. He is six years old but has the mental capacity of a two year old. There is many things that may of occurred to Adji. Its sad for me to think that this child just vanished with no clue. His family doesn’t sleep at night. They say they are doing so so in there day to day life. Adji is a wonderfully beautiful child. I have seen just a few pictures of him and he is absolutely adorable.
He was last seen wearing a yellow and blue t-shirt and blue and yellow shorts with black and gray sneakers. Adji was spending the day with his grandmother (pictured to the right) in Farm Workers Village in Immokalee, Florida while his mother was working. He was last seen around 5:15 pm. Adji went outside to play with some friends and vanished. I honestly don’t know a whole lot about Adji it breaks my heart to know he disappeared leaving nothing behind to lead investigators to him. Why cant they all leave a trail of bread crumbs like Hansel and Gretal?
I look at Adji’s face and see an angel, pure gold. I watched a video of his mother and family and grandmother. Pain stricken and lost. Tears come to my eyes for them. He is a magnificent child. Cute and cuddly. Any parents dream. There is no comfort for his family there is no smiles or joy. Just pain and heartache. I can only hope that they get the closure they need.
I don’t have the first clue what may of happened to Adji, to me its a mystery. I just hope and pray that Adji’s family gets the information they need.
Adji is a six year old black boy he has black hair and brown eyes he weighs forty five pounds and is three feet tall. Adji is a special needs child he has limited vocabulary. If you or anyone out there reading this has any information regarding Adji and his disappearance you are asked to please call Collier County Sheriff’s Office (Florida) 1-239-793-9300 or National Center for Missing & Exploited Children 1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)
Note from author: To help in the fight against monsters who hurt our children please take the time to read and sign this petition to create tougher laws against those who harm our children. One voice creates a ripple. Many create a tsunami. Thank you http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/change-sex-offender-laws

http://thedailybs.com/news/?p=2771
mom_from_STL
mom_from_STL

Back to top Go down

Post by ginybe Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:41 am

mom_from_STL wrote:ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 Adji

Adji Desir: Without A Trace?

Written by Stone in TDBS Top Story on 04 13th, 2009 | 11 responses

ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 DesirImmokalee, Florida- The charming young boy named Adji Desir disappeared without a trace on January 10th, 2009. Not much has been reported on Adji. He vanished and I mean vanished from his families front yard during the early evening. Its been reported he went out to play and was gone minutes later.
Adji is a special needs child. He is six years old but has the mental capacity of a two year old. There is many things that may of occurred to Adji. Its sad for me to think that this child just vanished with no clue. His family doesn’t sleep at night. They say they are doing so so in there day to day life. Adji is a wonderfully beautiful child. I have seen just a few pictures of him and he is absolutely adorable.
He was last seen wearing a yellow and blue t-shirt and blue and yellow shorts with black and gray sneakers. Adji was spending the day with his grandmother (pictured to the right) in Farm Workers Village in Immokalee, Florida while his mother was working. He was last seen around 5:15 pm. Adji went outside to play with some friends and vanished. I honestly don’t know a whole lot about Adji it breaks my heart to know he disappeared leaving nothing behind to lead investigators to him. Why cant they all leave a trail of bread crumbs like Hansel and Gretal?
I look at Adji’s face and see an angel, pure gold. I watched a video of his mother and family and grandmother. Pain stricken and lost. Tears come to my eyes for them. He is a magnificent child. Cute and cuddly. Any parents dream. There is no comfort for his family there is no smiles or joy. Just pain and heartache. I can only hope that they get the closure they need.
I don’t have the first clue what may of happened to Adji, to me its a mystery. I just hope and pray that Adji’s family gets the information they need.
Adji is a six year old black boy he has black hair and brown eyes he weighs forty five pounds and is three feet tall. Adji is a special needs child he has limited vocabulary. If you or anyone out there reading this has any information regarding Adji and his disappearance you are asked to please call Collier County Sheriff’s Office (Florida) 1-239-793-9300 or National Center for Missing & Exploited Children 1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)
Note from author: To help in the fight against monsters who hurt our children please take the time to read and sign this petition to create tougher laws against those who harm our children. One voice creates a ripple. Many create a tsunami. Thank you http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/change-sex-offender-laws

http://thedailybs.com/news/?p=2771

My heartaches for this family, I had a special needs child and she had to be watched every moment. We have a tendency to over protect special needs children when they can't talk for their selves and have no fear of others and they will wonder off. Thank God, Robin was watched every moment because she would have just thought of something she wanted and just take off. We were very luck with her and we always caught her before she could get away from us. But there are times that children do wonder off or someone could take advantage of knowing a child has special needs and take them. I hurt badly for this poor family, the pain must be unbearable to deal with, I don't know how they can handle it. Every minute of everyday must be hell on earth. May God give them peace and watch over this poor baby.

ginybe

Back to top Go down

ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 Empty Detractors don't detour psychic's search for Adji in Immokalee area

Post by FloridaMom Fri May 01, 2009 6:19 pm

IMMOKALEE — You won’t see Gale St. John walking around with a crystal ball or standing about with her arms outstretched asking for divine intervention — that’s not her style.
“We were out here around 6:30 a.m.,” St. John, 50, said Thursday. “We don’t want to draw too much attention. It’s hard to work, when you have that going on.”
However, St. John, a nationally-known psychic, has started making the rounds in Immokalee to help in the search of 6-year-old Adji Desir, who has been missing from Farm Workers Village since Jan. 10.
In an interview at the Village, St. John said she came down to Florida to help with the Adji case after a number of requests for help from concerned residents.
“So many citizens of the state of Florida kept e-mailing me and asking me, ‘Could you please come down and look into the Adji and Haleigh case,” St. John said.
St. John will remain in Immokalee through Sunday, when she is scheduled to travel to the Satsuma area to search for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings, who has been missing since Feb. 10.
The one thing that has struck St. John, is what she called media prejudice in the coverage of Adji’s case.
“This child went missing one month before Haleigh and this case is not getting the same coverage,” said St. John. “I’m very disappointed that this has happened.”
St. John revisited Farm Worker Village just after noon Thursday to do what she calls a “blind drive,” to get a feel of the area where Adji was last seen.
“I have to find the connection myself,” she said, adding that like DNA, people have a certain vibration that makes them unique and it’s that vibration that she tracks. “You have to be 100 percent sure, that you’re feeling what you’re feeling.”
In essence, a blind drive is when St. John starts driving from the last point where a person was seen and uses her gift to lead her in the right direction.
“There is a strangeness when you hit certain streets, certain areas,” said St. John, describing raw feeling and emotions she encounters during the blind drive. “Does it necessarily mean that Adji is there? No. It could mean there is evidence there or something went on there.”
Once the drive is done, St. John said she would do a thorough physical search of each area.
St. John said she realized that authorities already thoroughly checked the area, but that things do get missed.
“Even if it’s been searched once,” St. John said, “it doesn’t hurt to go over it with a fine tooth comb.”

Story continues:
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/apr/16/psychic-searches-adji-immokalee-area/
FloridaMom
FloridaMom

Back to top Go down

ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 Empty Psychic believes missing Adji may still be in Immokalee area

Post by FloridaMom Fri May 01, 2009 6:23 pm

IMMOKALEE — A nationally known psychic continued her search Saturday for a missing Immokalee boy, suggesting at one point that he still may be in the Immokalee area.
Gale St. John continued to search for 6-year-old Adji Desir, who has been missing from his home in Farm Workers Village since Jan. 10.
“It’s not only about being psychic always, it’s about properly searching the area,” St. John said Saturday.
On day three of her search, St. John, along with her daughter, Tamra, and a Naples volunteer physically searched a wooded area behind the Immokalee housing complex.
“This is just too large for three people to do,” she said. “We want to be so sure that we have covered every square inch of this village.”
She suggested that the area be divided into grid sections and searched again.
“I’m not feeling anything that alerts me to him actually leaving in a state of panic ... which leads me to believe that he may very well be in this area still,” St. John said.
St. John visited the housing complex Thursday and Friday to do what she calls a “blind drive,” to get a sense of the area and find locations that have a possible connection with where Adji was last seen.
She said it led her to the child’s grandmother’s house, a playground and to Buffalo Court, a street on the north side of Farm Workers Village.
St. John said the area of Buffalo Court behind the fence and homes needs to be looked at further, as does a wooded area near Grace Court.
While searching for the missing child, St. John said she got a sense of false security behind Buffalo Court.
She said it was dangerous in the grove area, including alligators, yet she said she wasn’t speculating an actual danger occurred for Adji.

Story continues:
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/apr/18/psychic-believes-missing-adji-may-still-be-immokal/
FloridaMom
FloridaMom

Back to top Go down

ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 Empty Another psychic weighing in on Adji’s whereabouts

Post by FloridaMom Fri May 01, 2009 6:33 pm

I'm only posting these to keep Adji's name out there:

NAPLES — I have been watching and looking into this case as I have had a little clairvoyant information about this case.
So I went on Google Earth to look at the area and I was immediately drawn to the farm workers way bridge I felt he was in a car and travelled this road going towards the tractor dealers.
In between the bridge and tractor dealers there is a patch of land with lots of trees. It’s on the left and I felt very drawn to this area. So anyone looking for Adji could maybe look in this area. I feel he got into a car with a man who just picked him up.

ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 Adjidrawing1_t220

This sketch started out as a man and ended up being a woman. This happens sometimes. This woman has information about Adji. If you recognize this woman please get in touch with the police department. -- Christine Hamlett-Walsh

ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 Toobig_t220

This man is also connected to Adji's disappearance and he has a tattoo that is like a twisted knot on his upper arm. - Christine Hamlett-Walsh

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/apr/23/another-psychic-weighing-adjis-whereabouts/
FloridaMom
FloridaMom

Back to top Go down

ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 Empty Editorial: Missing children ... we mustn’t let time steal our innocents once more

Post by tears4caylee Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:54 am

On Memorial Day this newspaper was proud to anchor its front page with coverage of the observance of the lives of those who fought and died for America.
There was another, more surprising part of that front page.
In its own way, it was a memorial.
A report that 21 young people are officially on the record book of law-enforcement agencies in Collier and Lee counties as missing came as a shock.
Memorial Day also was National Missing Children’s Day. With the story were photos of 18 of the 21 faces. They range in age from infants, such as Bryan Dos Santos-Gomez, the Baby Bryan who made headlines by being reported abducted by a knife-wielding stranger before Christmas 2006 in Fort Myers, to 6-year-old Adji Desir, who disappeared in Immokalee in January, to Wendy Hudakoc, who snuck out of the house for a party before Thanksgiving 1998 at the age of 14 and was never seen again.
Some cases may have been preventable. All had bad people involved. Some may still be solved — and law-enforcement agencies can be assured of whole-hearted public support in their often frustrating work.
The three photos missing from the printed lineup belong to children from Immokalee. There were no pictures to help authorities and concerned citizens locate them. Every family needs to have pictures for such eventualities, as painful as that possibility may be. When photomaking or fingerprinting events like the one at Coastland Center last month are held, please be there.
The community, whether that means Southwest Florida or the whole state, or the nation and world, also can use a more uniformed, systematic approach to public notification of a missing child. We have to make sure we do everything we can. Citizens are eager to help if they know who to look for and what to do.
Locally, we can work to make sure Southwest Florida does not get a reputation as a safe haven for predators. We cannot let the memories of our most precious resource stolen from our midst grow fuzzy over time. We have to keep that in focus.
tears4caylee
tears4caylee

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:27 am

Time is the enemy for the parents of a missing child.

The first 72 hours are the most crucial.

After that, statistics show the chance of the child ever being found continuously falls.

It has been six months since six-year-old Immokalee resident Adji
Desir disappeared from outside his grandmother’s house at Farm Workers
Village.

Meanwhile, the search for Baby Brian Dos Santos, who was taken from
his mother in Fort Myers, has been going on for the past two-and-a-half
years.

And in spite of hundreds of man-hours and thousands of dollars, both investigations have yet to turn up the missing boys.

However neither the Collier County Sheriff’s Office or the Fort Myers Police Department are calling it quits.

“As far as any tips, they’ve slowed down to about nothing,” said
Sgt. Ken Becker with the Collier County Sheriff’s Office Special Crimes
Bureau. “In the last three weeks, we probably got one. Other than that,
we haven’t been getting any tips.”

And the majority of the case leads, Becker said, didn’t come from within Collier County.

One of the leads that arose soon after Adji went missing was that the developmentally challenged boy could be in Haiti.

“That was something that we looked into early on,” said Becker,
adding that the agency spoke with Adji’s biological father and that the
boy’s extended family members have taken fliers back and posted them in
Haiti. “There is no indication at this point that he is in Haiti.”

It’s always ongoing, said Fort Myers Police Department Detective
Matt Sellers, of the search for now 2-year-old Bryan Dos Santos.

“This past month we received two leads,” said Sellers, who said the
Fort Myers Police department gets tips on the Baby Bryan case from time
to time.

Investigators previously said they believed the baby was taken
because his parents failed to pay human smugglers. Bryan’s parents,
Maria de Fatima Ramos Dos Santos and Jurandir Gomes Costa, both Fort
Myers residents, were brought into the United States illegally from
Brazil, but failed to pay the smugglers’ entire fee, police said.

A woman driving a dark SUV took Bryan from Ramos Dos Santos at knifepoint Dec. 1.

It’s hard, said Sellers, because sometimes investigators have to refer back to the family when a lead is found.

“A lot of the leads are dead ends,” he said. “You don’t want to give false hope to the victims.”

Fort Myers Police officials said that from November 2006 to June
2007 alone, the department dedicated roughly 1,278 man-hours and
$36,409.65 to the Baby Bryan search.

The search for Adji, said Collier Sheriff’s spokeswoman Michelle Batten, is a little harder to quantify.

Back in January, Sheriff’s Office officials estimated that roughly
300 law enforcement officials — 100 of which were Collier County
deputies — were involved in the search for Adji, with boats and
airboats joining the effort.

In addition to law enforcement from Collier County, several sister
agencies turned out to help, including the Lee County Sheriff’s Office,
Hendry County Sheriff’s Office, Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office,
Orange County Sheriff’s Office, Fish and Wildlife Conservation
Commission, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Federal Bureau of
Investigations and Hendry Correctional Institution and the Tampa Search
and Rescue Team.

“Investigations like that, just can’t be tracked in the form of
dollars and cents,” said Batten. “From the beginning this was about the
safety and welfare of a little boy.

Yet time, officials said, has a way of slowly fading memories.

“Obviously your freshest information will come in the first couple
of days. The public is paying attention to the case the most,” said
Sellers, who has been involved with the Baby Bryan case since day one.
“As time goes on, it gets harder. ... There’s less news, less public
interest.”

Sellers said he still holds out hope, for the one lead that will
help him find Baby Bryan. He said the family is doing the best they can.

“I don’t know if it ever gets easier,” said Detective Matt Sellers,
with the Fort Myers Police Department. “It’s something that will stay
with the parents forever.”

Also holding onto the hope of a miracle are Adji’s mom Marie Neida and stepfather Antal Elant.

“I think when we get Adji back, then the life will come back,” said
Elant 42, at the family’s Immokalee home. “I can talk and I can laugh,
but in my heart is tight.”

And although it doesn’t ease the pain of missing child, in May the
couple welcomed a baby girl, who they’ve named Adjiani — after her
brother.

Neida, 36, said that she prays daily for her son’s return and urged
anyone who thinks they may have seen her son to please contact the
authorities.

“I pray, and pray, and pray,” said Neida.

Follow crime and breaking news reporter Elysa Batista at twitter.com/ndn_ebatista

Missing children

* According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited
Children, 800,000 children younger than 18 go missing each year, or an
average of more than 2,000 children reported missing each day.

* Of those kids, an estimated 200,000 were abducted by family members, while 58,000 children were abducted by nonfamily members.

* Only 115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping.
These crimes involve someone the child does not know, or knows only
slightly, who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles
or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child
permanently.

For more information, or to report a tip visit:

* Collier County Sheriff’s Office: Anyone with information about
Adji’s whereabouts can call the Sheriff’s Office at 239-793-9300, or to
remain anonymous call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). You can
also visit www.colliersheriff.org.

* Fort Myers Police Department: Anyone with information about baby
Bryan’s whereabouts can call the Police Department at 239-321-7700 or
visit www.fmpolice.com.

* National Center for Missing and Exploited Children: Visit www.missingkids.com.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by FloridaMom Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:27 pm

Adji still missing 6 months later

COLLIER COUNTY: In January, 6-year-old Adji Desir disappeared while playing near his home in Immokalee's Farm Worker Village.
Hundreds of deputies and volunteers searched the area for several days but never found any sign of Adji.
The case has been profiled locally and nationally, including on the syndicated show America's Most Wanted.
The Collier County Sheriff's Office says the case is still active. They have created a new video and posted it to several social networking sites in hopes of generating new leads.
Anyone with information on Adji's disappearance should call the Collier County Sheriff's Office at 239-252-9300 or to remain anonymous and be eligible for a reward call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-8477.
ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 10706678_BG1
FloridaMom
FloridaMom

Back to top Go down

ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 Empty Search for Adji; LE produces video~Free to post!

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:45 am

The Collier County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help as the search for 6-year-old Adji Desir continues.

CCSO has produced a video about the case and the agency is asking
that everyone post it to their blogs, Facebook, MySpace and other
social networking sites and e-mail the link to it to everyone in their
address book. The video's release today coincides with the six-month
anniversary of Adji's disappearance.

The goal is to get the video to as many people as possible in an
effort to find someone who has information that will help investigators.

Adji went missing while playing near his home in Immokalee's Farm
Worker Village. Hundreds of deputies from CCSO and other law
enforcement agencies from around the state conducted an exhaustive
ground search and tracked leads. The case was profiled in the media
both locally and nationally. It remains active today but investigators
need fresh leads that will help them bring Adji home.

Anyone with information on Adji's disappearance is asked to call
CCSO at 239-252-9300 or to remain anonymous and be eligible for a
reward call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-8477.

TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:28 am

Facebook may be the new milk carton.

The Collier County Sheriff’s Office has taken a new approach in the
search for Adji Desir, the missing Immokalee 6-year-old, possibly
initiating a new trend other area law enforcement agencies will pursue
in the future.

On July 10, the six-month anniversary of Adji’s disappearance,
Sheriff’s Office officials posted a video about the case to the
agency’s many Internet presences and asked members of the public to
share it on the Web, including their profiles on the social networking
sites Facebook and MySpace.

Two missing child experts said this is the first time they have heard of law enforcement taking such actions.

“This is not standard for law enforcement to reach out to the
community like this,” said Dave Thelen, who has been helping parents
find missing children worldwide for 20 years. “It is a good thing,
because overall they are doing something that I have rarely heard of
law enforcement doing, which is thinking outside the box.”

Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Jamie Mosbach said the decision to
pursue the new avenue came from a brainstorming discussion on new
avenues for expanding the search for Adji.

“We started thinking, ‘What’s the best way to get the word out
there,’” Mosbach said. “If there’s a particular message we want to get
out about safety to the community or we want to get help from the
community, this was the best way to get the word out to the community
as quickly as we can.”

Thomas Lauth has been investigating missing persons cases for 15
years and currently operates a for-hire investigation service for
families. Like Thelen, Lauth also said it was the first time he had
heard of law enforcement taking such actions, noting that it is usually
families or nonprofits that go online for their searches.

Lauth said the interactivity allowed by the new method — users must
choose to pick up the campaign for Adji and share it with their friends
online — can be more effective than other, unsolicited forms of photo
distribution, such as a milk carton.

“Absolutely these days, because people tend to look at their
Facebook more than anything,” Lauth said, adding that it is usually
public outreach programs which lead to the closure of missing person
cases.

The National and International Centers for Missing & Exploited
Children have been using social networking sites in many ways, said its
president and chief executive officer, Ernie Allen. Aside from posting
videos on YouTube, Allen said the center uses Facebook and MySpace to
track down children that have run away from home.

“They use those sites to stay in touch with friends from their earlier lives,” Allen said.

In recent months, Sheriff’s Office officials have been using
Facebook and other social networking sites like Twitter and YouTube
more extensively, in addition to the agency’s blog, the Collier Star,
which Mosbach said has more than 3,000 subscribers. Currently, she said
the Adji video has been picked up on Facebook by many of the agency’s
friends on the site and has had five other Web sites pick up the video
from YouTube.

The video on Adji’s case produced by the Sheriff’s Office shows
photos and video footage of the ground search for Adji, has interviews
with various officials and is set to slow-tempo piano music.

“I remember the Adji case like it was yesterday,” Lt. Mike Dolan
says in the video’s first interview. “I remember getting the phone call
and my heart just dropping and sinking, ‘Oh my Lord, what are we going
to do? We’ve lost a child.’”

Mosbach said she expects the Sheriff’s Office will continue to
request citizens to share videos and other information about crimes on
their Facebook and MySpace profiles in the future.

Adji went missing Jan. 10 while playing near his home in Immokalee’s
Farm Worker Village. Hundreds of Sheriff’s Office personnel, volunteers
and local and national media have taken up the search since he went
missing. Though the case is active and hundreds of leads have been
followed, investigators have said they need new tips to continue the
search.

Thelen is chief executive officer of the Committee for Missing
Children, an organization that helps parents launch outreach campaigns
of their own and has an in-depth Web site, findthekids.org. He said it
is important for the community to accept the Sheriff’s Office offer and
share the video, which can be found at colliersheriff.org.

“If somebody in the community doesn’t look at it, or put it on their Web site,” Thelen said, “it fails.”
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:31 am

Better safe than sorry.

That’s exactly why dozens of parents attended the Collier County
Sheriff’s Office and The National Center for Missing and Exploited
Children’s free services event to help families be prepared in case a
child goes missing.

“I just think it’s good to be proactive in these times,” Michele
Anand, 38, said at the event Saturday at the Golden Gate Library.

With the stories heard in the news of children missing and believed
abducted, Anand, of Naples, said the event provided a good opportunity
to get information cards for her two daughters.

Both Arianna Anand, 6, and her sister, Alexis, 5, smiled as they held their hands still for their fingerprints.

Parents received a free digital ID kit of their child’s fingerprinting and digital ID photos for safekeeping.

Sgt. Ken Becker with the Collier County Sheriff’s Office Special
Crimes Bureau said having a current photograph of the child is
important in the search for a missing child.

Collier has faced its share of missing children in the past year,
including Adji Desir, the missing Immokalee 6-year-old, who disappeared
in January from outside his grandmother’s house at Farm Worker Village.

On average, there are 400 cases a year of missing persons, Becker said.

To help fight back against the unthinkable, local safety programs are held throughout the county about six times a year.

Among parents who visited the event along with their children was
Rhonda Minteer, of Golden Gate. This was Minteer’s third time getting
her children’s, Rachel, 12, and Ryan, 9, fingerprints and photos
updated.

Minteer said proving the information card to law enforcement could help in finding a missing child.

Rachel’s friend, Samantha Gill, 12, who also got her information
card, said it was cool and important for children to get it done to be
safe.

The event also featured McGruff the Crime Dog, a balloon sculptor and a craft project.

On Monday, Sept. 14, Florida Missing Children’s Day, the National
Center for Missing and Exploited Children is teaming up with Collier
County Sheriff’s Office and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement
to bring community awareness.

The event will be held from 3 to 7 p.m. at the Collier County Public Library - Headquarters Branch, 2385 Orange Blossom Drive.

Anyone with information about Adji’s whereabouts can call the
Collier County Sheriff’s Office at 239-793-9300, or to remain anonymous
call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). You can also visit
www.colliersheriff.org.

On the Web: National Center for Missing and Exploited Children: www.missingkids.com
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 Empty re Adji Desir

Post by tears4caylee Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:21 am

I wrote to Cindy Adams in reference to Adji, since we have not heard anything in months and this was her response.
Hi Iris:

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. If you look on my home page at http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner, scroll down after the location where it says "Related Examiners" (Examiner.com controls the placement of ads, certain other things, etc.) and underneath that I have a list of important sites for my readers to visit. "Justice for Caylee" is at the top.

Also, could you provide me with a link to the location where my articles are posted on your site.

Thx again Iris, and I will look into the Adji Desir case. It seems to have fallen through the cracks and its so sad. Really hope they can find him.

Thx.

Cindy

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 4:56 PM,

Cindy, can you find something out on this case. This one has really bothered all of us on the forum. Also, where can I find the Justice 4 caylee link on your site?

Have a great long weekend...

Iris
J4C
tears4caylee
tears4caylee

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:02 pm

Today is Adji Desir’s seventh birthday.

Adji was last seen playing outside of his grandmother’s house in
Farm Worker Village in Immokalee on Jan. 10, 2009, while his mother was
at work. There has been no sign of him since.

The Collier County Sheriff’s Office is once again reaching out to
the public for tips that could help in bringing the developmentally
disabled boy home.

“We’re still hopeful to reunite him with his parents,” said Sgt. Ken
Becker of CCSO’s Major Crimes Bureau. “But as time goes on it will
depend on assistance from the public and that one person who has that
little bit of information that will lead us to him.”

Next month the search for Adji will extend to the mailboxes of millions of residents across the United States.

Adji’s photo will be featured on national direct-mail advertising
fliers to be distributed to 75 million homes across the United States
during the week of Nov. 8 through the week of Dec. 13, according to the
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children®️ (NCMEC).

NCMEC is partnering with Valassis Inc, one of the nation’s leading
media and marketing services companies, and the U. S. Postal Service in
distributing the fliers as part of Valassis’ Have You Seen Me?®️ picture
program.

The fliers will be distributed weekly by region. They are scheduled to arrive in Florida mail boxes the week of Nov. 15.

“A picture is the most important tool we have in the search for a
missing child,” said Ernie Allen, NCMEC president and CEO. “Please take
the time to carefully review Adji’s picture and the pictures of other
missing children.You may have the one piece of information that we need
to help them come home.”

Adji’s disappearance has received national exposure, including on
CNN’s “Nancy Grace” show and on “America’s Most Wanted,” which is
profiling the case on its Web site at
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=62497

CCSO has produced a video about the case and the agency is asking
that everyone post it to their blogs, Facebook, MySpace and other
social networking sites and e-mail the link to it to everyone in their
address book. The video's release in July coincided with the six-month
anniversary of Adji's disappearance.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Collier County
Sheriff’s Office at 774-4434, or if you wish to remain anonymous call
Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780- TIPS (8477).
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:54 am

Tips have nearly dried up.

But in the ongoing search for Adji Desir, Collier County Sheriff’s
Office Sgt. Ken Becker said hope remains for bringing home the missing
Immokalee boy.

The breakthroughs in the Jaycee Dugard, Shawn Hornbeck and Elizabeth Smart cases in the last few years are proof.

“It’s just further evidence that there’s still hope out there that
even long-term missing children can be reunited with their family,”
said Becker at a press conference Thursday, which coincided with Adji’s
seventh birthday. “And that’s our hope with this case.”

Farm Worker Village in Immokalee on Jan. 10, while his mother was at
work.

As to what may have happened to the developmentally-challenged boy, Becker said that remains unknown.

“I have no idea what happened to Adji,” he said. “I wish I did so we
could focus on one direction or the other. At this point we don’t know
if it’s a case where Adji walked off and got lost, or Adji got picked
up by somebody and taken away from Farm Workers Village.”

And as time goes on, Becker said authorities are more and more dependent on assistance from the public to try to crack the case.

That’s why Collier officials said the search for Adji would extend
to the mailboxes of millions of residents across the United States.

Adji’s photo will be featured on national direct-mail advertising
fliers to be distributed to 75 million homes across the United States
from Nov. 8 through Dec. 13.

“We’re hoping with those flyers and this conference today, that we
can remind people that they may have the bit of information that may
reunite Adji with his mother, stepfather and his new baby sister,” said
Becker.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children has
partnered with Valassis, one of the nation’s leading media and
marketing services companies, and the U.S. Postal Service in
distributing the fliers as part of Valassis’ Have You Seen Me? picture
program.

Carleen Coelho, who coordinates the Missing Child program for
Valassis, said that the company would also be featuring Adji in their
freestanding newspaper inserts.

“It’s unprecedented,” said Coelho. “He’s going to be featured across a very broad national network.”

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children president and
CEO Ernie Allen said the nonprofit pushes very hard to keep these cases
alive — especially in a case like Adji’s.

“I firmly believe that somebody knows where Adji is and that somebody knows what happened to him,” said Allen.

He added that a picture is the most important tool authorities have in the search for a missing child.

Nine out of every 10 American households is expected to get a flier/newspaper insert, said Allen.

“Virtually every home in America will receive Adji’s information,”
Allen said. “Our hope is that somebody out there has seen him.”

The fliers will be distributed weekly by region, starting in the
Northeast on Nov. 8. They are scheduled to arrive in Florida mailboxes
the week of Nov. 15.

The search for Adji and the other children who have gone missing
from Collier County over the years won’t end until they’re found,
Becker said.

“I’m always confident that they will come home some day,” he said.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:04 am

Adji Desir, the Immokalee 7-year-old who disappeared in January,
will be one of six missing children appearing on the upcoming cover of
People magazine.
ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 Peoplecover_205x273_t160

The cover reads "Vanished Without a Trace: Heartbreak & Hope,"
and features the stories of young people who disappeared this year. The
story was prompted by the August rescue of Jaycee Dugard, who was
abducted in 1991 when she was 11 years old and held captive for 18
years in the California home of her alleged kidnappers, Phillip and
Nancy Garrido.

Farm Worker Village in Immokalee on Jan. 10, while his mother was at
work. Authorities from across Florida traveled to Immokalee in January
and combed the nearby fields and woods for nearly a week looking for
Adji, to no avail.

Adji’s photo is also being featured on national direct-mail
advertising fliers being distributed to 75 million homes across the
United States from Nov. 8 through Dec. 13.

Anyone with information about Adji’s whereabouts can call the
Collier County Sheriff’s Office at (239) 793-9300, or to remain
anonymous call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). You can also
visit www.colliersheriff.org.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:00 am

The picture of the smiling boy hangs prominently in Marie Neida and Antal Elant’s Immokalee home.

It’s one of the many daily reminders of what they’ve lost and pray to someday regain.

“I feel that they will find him one day,” said Elant, 42. “Everyday
I go out and I think I will get the call that they’ve found Adji... we
must have patience.”

On Sunday, it will have been a year since the now 7-year-old Adji
Desir was last seen playing outside his grandmother’s house in Farm
Workers Village in Immokalee on Jan. 10, 2009, while his mother was at
work.

What followed was a week-long intensive search by thousands of area
residents, and roughly 300 statewide law enforcement officials — 100 of
which were Collier County deputies — with ATV’s, bloodhounds and boats.
No one found the developmentally-challenged boy, or even a trace of him.

Since then, Collier County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Ken Becker said his
agency and FBI agents have continued to follow-up on any tips as to
boy’s whereabouts.

For the family, the day Adji went missing started like any other weekend.

Adji spent most of that Saturday with his grandmother Jesula Thebaud, 56, who lived off Grace Court in Farm Workers Village.

The youngster went in and out of her house several times, playing
with neighborhood friends and eating lunch with his grandmother.

However, it wasn’t until Elant, the boy’s stepfather, arrived to
pick up Adji around 5 p.m. that afternoon that the family realized he
was missing.

Neida, 37, didn’t learn her son was missing until she came home from work at midnight and found her family members in tears.

“I’m always on my bed crying, and I pray. I don’t know what more I
can ask the Lord,” said Neida in her Immokalee home Wednesday. “Give me
a chance. Give me my son back.”

But like many missing children’s cases, after the initial influx of
between 400 and 500 tips, the number of leads soon after Adji’s
disappearance began to wane.

Never really the same

On Wednesday, Farm Workers Village residents recalled the emotions
they felt when they learned one of their own had gone missing a year
ago.

“I don’t let him play outside anymore,” said 8-year village resident
Oralia Mendez, 29, referring to her 7-year-old son. “It’s different.”

Mendez said she remembered the feeling of dread when she found out
Adji was missing. Her son, Alejandro, who was friends with Adji,
remains scared of being snatched himself.

Changes have been subtle over the past year, said Roberta Peña, but
the biggest difference in the community has been that parents have
stepped up their vigilance.

“Parents are more cautious,” said Peña, returning from walking her
8-year-old son and 11-year-old daughter to Village Oaks Elementary.

She said Adji’s disappearance made her reconsider when and where her
kids could play, because her home is near the main road that leads “in
and out” of Farm Workers Village.

“It’s scary because a car could stop, take a child and be gone before you realized which car took your kid,” Peña said.

Peña said her initial reaction was utter disbelief when she heard a child in her neighborhood was missing last year.

“To this day we can’t believe it,” she said. “You know evil exists,
but you don’t expect it near home. You say to yourself, ‘In our calm
community? Where our kids played and could go anywhere while still
feeling safe?’”

It’s not like that anymore.

“Kids don’t go out on their own anymore,” said Peña. “You don’t even
see kids walking on their own to school. They walk in groups.”

In addition to changing the village, Adji’s disappearance also
garnered national attention and was featured on America’s Most Wanted
in January, February and most recently on Dec. 5.

He was also one of six missing children appearing on the cover of
People magazine’s “Vanished Without a Trace: Heartbreak & Hope,”
issue in November, which featured the stories of young people who
disappeared in 2009.

In addition with the help of the National Center for Missing and
Exploited Children, Adji’s photo was featured on national direct-mail
advertising fliers distributed to 75 million homes across the United
States from Nov. 8 through Dec. 13.

Law enforcement officials said that thanks to the mailing campaign
and the People magazine article, 40 to 50 tips came in, but none led to
Adji.

With fliers containing Adji’s information still hanging across many
businesses in Collier County and nationwide, Becker said he believes
the one tip that will lead to Adji is still out there.

“We need people to come forward and let those facts be known,” he
said. “I have to believe someone in the community knows something.”

A family copes

Mornings at Adji’s home are busy these days.

Eight months ago, Neida and Elant welcomed a baby girl, who they named Adjiani in honor of her missing brother.

Elant takes care of rambunctious Adjiani, while Neida works as a
certified nursing assistant during the day in Naples. They trade off in
the afternoon, when Elant heads to work at a Naples eatery.

The continued support from the community and law enforcement officials has been very appreciated by the family.

But the disappearance has taken an immense emotional and physical toll on everyone, Neida said.

Thebaud no longer lives in Farm Workers Village, and has recently
moved into the couple’s home after spending 12 days in the hospital
with kidney problems.

As for herself, Neida said depression and stress plagued her for months, but that she is working through it for her family.

“Everyday, every night, every second I dream and think of where I
can find Adji,” said Neida. “Now the Lord gave me Adjiani. I have to
take care of her and keep her safe.”

However, the pain of her missing first-born has not dulled.

“My pain over Adji is never, never gone,” she said.

Although Adji is still missing, Elant said hope is not gone.

It’s a wish fervently shared by his wife.

“I hope that he will come back,” she said.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 Empty ONE YEAR AGO TOMORROW JAN 10TH 2009

Post by tears4caylee Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:26 pm

Adji Desir - Where Are You? - It’s Been a Year Now

Posted on January 9th, 2010

As a mother and grandmother myself I find this really hard to write but for the sake of a missing child I am doing it. Little Adji Desir started his day out on January 10, 2009 just like any other Saturday. He was at his grandmother’s home, and he was able to play outside with his friends. The one thing I know he didn’t expect, nor did his family was that he would disappear and no one in his family would see or hear from him again, at least not for a year so far. Tomorrow, January 10, 2010 will make a year that little Adji has been gone. No word, no sign and no news whatsoever about this little now 7 year old boy.
Now Adji’s mother, Marie Neida and his step-father Antal Elant sit by patiently waiting on any word from the police department telling them they have found Adji. They proudly have his smiling face in a picture hanging in there home in Immokalee Fla. as they grieve for this child.
ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 Adji+DesirAbout 300 officers searched the area with ATV’s, bloodhounds and boats only to come up with nothing, not even a trace of the child. Adji’s mother was pregnant when he disappeared so the stress on her has been rough. She did deliver a baby girl that she named Adjiani in honor of her missing brother.
The neighborhood where Adji went missing at in Farm Worker’s Village have mostly all become more aware of the dangers it is to leave their children out alone now.
Oralia Mendez says she doesn’t let her 7 year old play outside anymore saying it is different now. She says she is afraid he could be snatched too
Roberta Pena says over the past year the parents in their community have stepped up their vigilance. “Parents are more cautious,” said Pena as she had just returned from walking her 8 yr old son and 11 yr old daughter to school. “It’s scary because a car could stop, take a child and be gone before you realized which car took your kid,” Pena said.
Collier County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Ken Becker said his agency and FBI agents continue to follow-up on any tips they receive as to the boy’s whereabouts. Once Adji was featured on America’s Most Wanted in January, February and again on December 5 and then in People’s magazine’s “Vanished Without a Trace: Heartbreak & Hope” in November, and also with the help of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children as they sent Adji’s picture out on direct mailing advertising fliers, officials received 40 to 50 more tips but unfortunately none led them any closer to finding Adji.
Becker still believes that one day a tip will come in that will lead them to Adji. “We need people to come forward and let those facts be known,” said Becker. “I have to believe someone in the community knows something.”
All children are special but little Adji seems to have touched my heart. He is described as 3 ft tall and he weighed about 45 lbs when he disappeared. He has black hair and brown eyes. Adji is also developmentally disabled and only functions at the level of a 2 year old. He can only speak about 5 words in English. He understands Creole but he can’t speak it. He does know his name though when it is called out.
I don’t want this missing child case to go cold. I want to see him found. By keeping his name out here as well as the others we have been reporting on that are still missing which are Haleigh Cummings, Hassani Campbell, Masaraha Ross (who remains missing with her Mom) and Marc Anthony Bookal we are hoping it will help find them so they can be returned safely home. Please continue your prayers for them and their family’s. Let’s not forget the ones that have been murdered also. We need to pray for their family’s as well.
I plan to light a candle and burn it tomorrow in memory of little Adji. He shouldn’t be forgotten.
God Bless you all for caring! ADJI DESIR - 6 yo (2009) - Collier County, FL - Page 2 Icon_smile
Jan Barrett
As a favor to our readers I am posting these web sites. Please consider signing these petitions. Something has got to be done to protect the future of the world which is our children:
Stop the abuse and murder of the children in the U.S.
[url=http://www.thepetitionsite.com/16/stop-the-abuse-and-murder-of-the-children-in-the-us]http://www.thepetitionsite.com/16/stop-the-abuse-and-murder-of-the-children-in-the-us[/url]

[url=http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/change-sex-offender-laws]http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/change-sex-offender-laws[/url]Let Others Know About This Post These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
tears4caylee
tears4caylee

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:56 pm

It’s a plea Marie Neida has been making for two years.

“Please, I ask everyone … Please give me your help! Help me find
Adji,” Neida said in soft voice. “I hope the police can find Adji.
Please help me find my son.”

Two years after Adji Desir went missing from his grandmother’s Farm
Workers Village home, investigators are no closer to finding out what
happened to the autistic child.

However, Adji’s family, law enforcement officials and Immokalee
residents all hold out hope that the now 8-year-old will come home soon.

On Monday, it will have been two years since Adji was last seen
playing outside his grandmother’s house in Farm Workers Village in
Immokalee on Jan. 10, 2009, while his mother was at work.

People from law enforcement and other agencies around Florida —
including hundreds of Collier deputies — joined in an intensive
week-long search with ATVs, bloodhounds and boats. No one found the
developmentally challenged boy, or even a trace of him.

Collier County sheriff’s investigators fielded hundreds of tips in
the weeks after Adji’s disappearance, but the number of tips dwindled by
fall 2009.

“Any long-term investigation obviously has its ups and downs,” Collier County sheriff’s Sgt. Ken Becker said Friday.

National exposure of the case helped generate dozens of new leads
after Adji was featured on the cover of the November 2009 issue of
People magazine, which profiled the cases of six children who went
missing that year.

Adji’s photo and information were featured on national direct mail
advertising fliers distributed to 75 million homes across the United
States in November and December 2009, and his disappearance also was
profiled on CNN’s “Nancy Grace” show and on “America’s Most Wanted.”

Cautious normalcy

On a recent morning, life at Farm Workers Village seemed to have
returned to normal. A mix of older kids, some escorting younger
siblings, headed to Village Oaks Elementary without parental
supervision.

Some parents also made the trek by car or foot, which was the case
for Maria Rios on Thursday morning as she pushed her 3-year-old son,
Alex, in a stroller and walked 5-year-old Noe to school.

A seven-year resident of Farm Workers Village, Rios said she
remembered all the activity after Adji went missing, including that law
enforcement searched homes multiple times hoping to find the boy.

“I felt fear, because I live near the park where he (Adji) used to
play,” said Rios, 32. “I used to take care of my kids, but now I take
care of them more.”

Just north of Farm Workers Village, Ce Bien Haitian Bakery owner
Edrick Paul recalled how his customers reacted to the disappearance.

“They never saw something like that ever happen in this
neighborhood,” said the Immokalee businessman, adding that a child going
missing was something people considered a big-city problem. “But not
here. Not in Immokalee, never ever in Immokalee.”

What troubles him most, Paul said, is that Adji hasn’t turned up.

“The funny thing about it is that no one knows anything about it.
That’s what bothers me,” he said. “I’m surprised that no one saw the
kid. Why does everybody say they don’t know?”

Paul said he believes that someone in the community must know what
happened to Adji, but that they may be afraid to talk to authorities.

If you saw the kid, say something,” he said.

Ongoing mission

Getting community members, who may have hesitated to come forward, to
talk is what Collier sheriff’s officials are hoping to accomplish this
week.

To bring attention to the anniversary of Adji’s disappearance,
detectives, along with agents from the FBI and Florida Department of Law
Enforcement, will be going door-to-door in Farm Workers Village and
handing out fliers Tuesday. They’ll also deliver the fliers to
businesses in Immokalee.

The new fliers feature Adji’s picture and urge anyone who may have
information about his disappearance to be a part of the Triangle of
Trust, a partnership between law enforcement, the community and Adji’s
family.

Sheriff’s officials said the fliers are just another way the agency
is trying to get the word out to the Immokalee community that their
assistance in the ongoing investigation might help bring Adji home.

“Obviously if someone is afraid to come forward it may be because they might have information to find Adji,” Becker said.

Another tool to help will come later this year from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

“At that two-year threshold is when we start working on an age
progression,” center CEO Ernie Allen said. “So fairly soon we will have
hopefully a new image of what Adji looks like today.”

Missing part of your heart

“It’s too hard to describe that pain,” said Neida, 38, while sitting in the family’s living room Friday.
That ache and an 8 ½- by-11 portrait of Adji is one of the many constant reminders Neida has of her missing son.
“My family is always sad. My mother is always sad,” she said.
Neida and her husband, Antal Elant, 43, continue to care for
19-month-old Adjiani, who was named in honor of her missing brother. The
couple said their daughter helps bring joy to their lives, but it
doesn’t take away from the pain that their son isn’t home.
“Every two to three weeks he (Sgt. Becker) passes to visit us, talk
with us, which gives us the feeling that they are still working on the
case,” Elant said.
Elant still has faith that, after two years, investigators will find Adji and he will finally come home.

Fast facts

■ The Collier County Sheriff’s Office has produced a video about the
case and the agency is asking that everyone post it to their blogs,
Facebook, MySpace and other social networking sites and e-mail the link
to everyone in their address book. The video titled “Help us Find Adji”
can be found at www.youtube.com/watch?v=tltX9-Vykco
Anyone with information on Adji’s whereabouts is asked to call the
Collier County Sheriff’s Office at (239) 252-9300, or if you wish to
remain anonymous call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780- TIPS (8477).
For more information on the Adji Desir case visit the Collier Sheriff’s website www.colliersheriff.org.

■ To learn more of the history behind Adji’s disappearance visit The
Naples Daily News’ page dedicated to the search
www.naplesnews.com/news/adji-desir/

■ To learn more about the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children visit www.missingkids.com.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:05 pm

Two years after Adji Desir's disappearance, police and his family continue to search for the autistic boy.Officials
said they are no closer to finding out what happened to Desir. He was
last seen playing outside his grandmother's Farm Workers Village home on
Jan. 10, 2009, when he was 6.Collier County sheriff's
investigators fielded hundreds of tips after the boy's disappearance.
But no trace of him has been found.
The boy's mother, 38-year-old Marie Neida, still holds hope that the family will someday get answers.Police hope that the focus on the two-year anniversary of Desir's disappearance will result in clues that will solve the case.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:27 am

Two years after his disappearance, Collier County
deputies are still searching for Adji Desir. Deputies and volunteers
from The Fireball Run handed out new fliers hoping to spark new leads in
the case.
"We drive across the country and look for missing children," said Robert Fox of The Fireball Run.
Fox and members of the group pass out fliers for missing children as they travel from state to state.
"If we can do one good thing - find one child across the state- we've done our job," said Fox.
They have done more than that. They have aided in the recovery of 37 children.
They hope Adji is number 38.
"There's always a chance," said Fox.
Fox and his crew joined the search as Collier
County deputies renewed their own efforts. They spent Tuesday passing
out hundreds of new fliers.
"Hopefully someone will get a look at a flyer and
realize they've got information that will help bring him home," said
Sergeant Ken Becker.
Despite 2400 tips, Adji is still missing.
"We're not any closer today than we were January 10, 2009," said Becker.
Becker has regular contact with Adji's family to keep them updated on the progress of the case.
"As a parent myself, I could not imagine going to
sleep at night not knowing where my children are at. She's been doing it
for two years now," said Becker.
Becker says Collier County includes many different cultures.
"A lot of them, if they grew up outside the US, may not have a lot of trust in law enforcement," said Becker.
The sheriff's office is trying to build a Triangle
of Trust with residents to encourage them to come forward with
information that could finally bring Adji home.
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next