Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is reasonable doubt? - J. KARL MILLER, Missourian

Go down

What is reasonable doubt? - J. KARL MILLER, Missourian Empty What is reasonable doubt? - J. KARL MILLER, Missourian

Post by mom_in_il Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:59 pm

What is reasonable doubt?
Thursday, July 28, 2011 | 12:01 a.m. CDT; updated 5:50 p.m. CDT, Thursday, July 28, 2011
BY J Karl Miller

Excerpt:

In the Anthony case, I find myself in accord with those convinced of the mother’s guilt. The circumstantial evidence should have been enough for a jury to rule it a homicide. Casey Anthony was surely responsible for her daughter's care and well-being. Her disappearance, the failure to report it, the total lack of an explanation for Caylee’s disappearance and subsequent failure to report it and her cavalier, dismissive attitude should have triggered a sense that something was sorely amiss.

I can see why the panel may have rejected first-degree murder due to a lack of provable intent but manslaughter and child endangerment due to willful disregard of a toddler’s well-being and safety should have been a slam dunk. There is no greater responsibility than that of a parent to a child — willful abdication of that obligation should be considered a capital offense.

More: http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2011/07/28/karl-miller-what-reasonable-doubt/
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down