Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHRISTOPHER MOSS - 9 yo - Staten Island/NYC NY

2 posters

Go down

CHRISTOPHER MOSS - 9 yo - Staten Island/NYC NY Empty CHRISTOPHER MOSS - 9 yo - Staten Island/NYC NY

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:14 pm

New York
-
The Staten Island District Attorney calls the acts of brutality that
53-year old James Moss is accused of committing against his son one of
the most shocking and sadistic cases of child abuse he has ever
prosecuted.

The Staten Island father, a hulking 6'2" tall, weighing 270 pounds pleaded guilty Tuesday to torturing his 9-year-old son. The Gothamist reports that he told the court he did it because he thought the boy had stolen $20 from his wallet.

Police say James Moss stripped the child naked, then beat him on the
back with a kitchen spatula. After that, as he told his son, he would
kill him, he heated up two top burners on the kitchen stove and held the
defenseless boy's hands over them until his skin began to peel.
Prosecutors said Moss punched his son in the face and then forced him to
crawl into the oven, threatening to turn it on while the child was
inside.

According to published reports, he hollered at the boy,

"I'm going to burn you alive!"

Prosecutors say they've talked with the child, and when James Moss comes
up for sentencing this Friday, they say they know his son will urge a
judge to spare his father from prison. Moss is facing up to seven years
in prison for the horrendous attacks on his son on May 12, 2010.

The New York Daily News
reports that Staten Island District Attorney Daniel Donovan says the
boy screamed and begged to be let out of the oven. The dad threatened to
turn it on, but eventually let him out and threw him, still naked, out
the front door.

Court papers charge that the skin was falling off the boy's charred
hands, but Moss ignored his son's pain, and never took him to a
hospital. Instead, Moss ordered Christopher to sit naked on the floor
"like a dog."

Christopher complied and sat naked until his mother came home and
finally took him to a hospital. He was treated for
second-and-third-degree burns, and cuts to his back and knees.

District Attorney Donovan says Moss pleaded guilty to the seven-count
indictment and didn't ask for any type of lenient deal. He was charged
with criminal possession of a weapon, assault, unlawful imprisonment,
endangering the welfare of a child and other crimes.

Court papers call Christopher's decision to ask the judge for leniency
remarkable, but they also say the pain he experienced during the attack
will be long-lasting.

A pre-sentencing report reads...

"Christopher, being a young child, is probably forgiving of
his father and missing his family unit. However, it is clear that the
events of that night and the defendant's actions towards Christopher
will stay with Christopher for the rest of his life."

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/309856#ixzz1Tz0PaiGz
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

CHRISTOPHER MOSS - 9 yo - Staten Island/NYC NY Empty Re: CHRISTOPHER MOSS - 9 yo - Staten Island/NYC NY

Post by twinkletoes Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:33 am

Dad who burned, beat his son, then stuffed him in oven gets light sentence because of son's plea

BY Clare Trapasso
DAILY NEWS WRITER

Originally Published:Friday, August 5th 2011, 12:52 PM
Updated: Friday, August 5th 2011, 3:51 PM

CHRISTOPHER MOSS - 9 yo - Staten Island/NYC NY Alg_james_moss1
James Moss was sentenced Friday to just four months of weekends in
prison and five years probation for a brutal 2010 attack on his son.

Dad tortured me - please don't jail him

A demonic dad who burned and beat his son and stuffed him in an oven dodged a long prison sentence Friday after the forgiving boy made a tear-filled plea for leniency.
"He made a big mistake, but really somewhere in his heart he (is) funny, lovable, caring and a great father," said Christopher Moss, 11, choking up as he spoke inside a Staten Island courtroom.
"Everybody in my family ... is giving him a second chance," the boy asked the judge in a soft voice.
"Will you?"
Staten Island Judge Robert Collini then did his part, sparing the 6-foot-2, 270-pound James Moss from a seven-year prison sentence. He gave Moss just four months of weekends in jail and five years probation in the heinous May 2010 attack.
"My son is a better man than me," said Moss, 53, who pleaded guilty to attacking Christopher over a $20 bill missing from his wallet. "I'm very sorry for what I did."
Staten Island District Attorney Dan Donovan, who called the attack one of the most "shocking and sadistic" he's seen in his career, argued for a harsher penalty.
"We made what we believed was a very persuasive sentence recommendation to the court that significant jail time was appropriate, considering the harm that was inflicted upon this child," Donovan said.
"Ultimately, sentencing is in the purview of the court, and the judge in this case imposed a sentence which he believed was right."
Prosecutors said Moss threatened to kill his son during the rampage at their Graniteville, S.I., home. He ripped the pre-teen's clothes off, beat him with a spatula and burned both his hands on a hot stove.
With the skin peeling from Christopher's hands, his father then punched the naked kid in the face and forced the screaming boy into the oven.
"I'm going to burn you alive!" he howled, according to law enforcement sources.
Moss eventually relented and let Christopher out of the oven - only to throw the nude child with the burned hands into the front yard.
When he let the injured boy inside, Christopher was ordered to sit on the floor "like a dog," court documents show.
But the boy cuddled with his father inside the courtroom before taking the witness stand to plead for his dad's release.
"Dear judge, I will fight so hard (for) my dad to live with me," the little boy began.
After breaking into tears halfway through, Christopher finished his statement with a direct appeal to the judge.
"God will solve everything if you make the right choice," the boy said. "And I forgive my dad a lot."
The lenient sentence won't permanently reunite the father and son. James Moss was barred from living with Christopher for at least one year, and can now only see the boy at supervised visits.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/08/05/2011-08-05_dad_who_burned_beat_his_son_then_stuffed_him_in_oven_gets_light_sentence_because.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

CHRISTOPHER MOSS - 9 yo - Staten Island/NYC NY Empty Re: CHRISTOPHER MOSS - 9 yo - Staten Island/NYC NY

Post by twinkletoes Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:42 am

I think the boy's family members pressured him into taking this stance. He is too young to realize the gravity of the cruelty his sperm donor inflicted on him. I think they all brainwashed the boy.

Hope this POS doesn't kill him the next time. This was more than a temper tantrum, this torture took place over an extended period of time.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down