Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Infant John" COLE - 2 yo / Accused: Father-Jonathan Cole - Gilbert AZ

3 posters

Go down

"Infant John" COLE - 2 yo / Accused: Father-Jonathan Cole - Gilbert AZ Empty "Infant John" COLE - 2 yo / Accused: Father-Jonathan Cole - Gilbert AZ

Post by TomTerrific0420 Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:07 pm

Gilbert police arrested a man on suspicion of first-degree murder and child abuse in the death of his 2-year-old son.

Jonathan Cole, 25, was arrested shortly after his unidentified son
was pronounced dead Wednesday at Banner Health Cardon Children’s Medical
Center.

At about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, officers responded to a call from
InTown Suites, an extended-stay hotel in the 2300 block of W. Obispo
Avenue, and found the toddler “unresponsive and still not breathing,”
Gilbert Police spokesman Sgt. William Balafas said.

The child was rushed to Banner Cardon, where he was pronounced dead.

Cole, whose address is listed at the InnTown Suites, was booked into the 4th Avenue Jail.

Balafas had no additional information pending an autopsy scheduled for Thursday.
http://tucsoncitizen.com/arizona-news/2011/10/06/gilbert-police-arrest-father-in-death-of-2-year-old-son/
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

"Infant John" COLE - 2 yo / Accused: Father-Jonathan Cole - Gilbert AZ Empty Re: "Infant John" COLE - 2 yo / Accused: Father-Jonathan Cole - Gilbert AZ

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:16 pm

Authorities said they've arrested a Gilbert father in relation to his 2-year-old son's death.

The Gilbert Police Department said they found the child unresponsive and not breathing Wednesday at the InnTown Suites.

The child was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
"Infant John" COLE - 2 yo / Accused: Father-Jonathan Cole - Gilbert AZ 15634672_BG1

The boy's father, Jonathan Cole, 25, was interviewed by detectives Wednesday night and then arrested on first
degree murder and child abuse charges.

An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday.
http://www.kpho.com/story/15634672/gilbert-father-arrested-in-sons-death
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

"Infant John" COLE - 2 yo / Accused: Father-Jonathan Cole - Gilbert AZ Empty Re: "Infant John" COLE - 2 yo / Accused: Father-Jonathan Cole - Gilbert AZ

Post by babyjustice Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:48 pm

This is so sad. I wonder where the mother is...

babyjustice
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:17 pm

GILBERT, Ariz. - A father is behind bars, accused of squeezing his 2-year-old son so hard -- he stopped breathing.
Last Wednesday evening, authorities were called to the InnTown Suites near
Guadalupe and Country Club to investigate a report of a child not
breathing.
When they arrived at the scene, they found the boy to
be unresponsive. He was taken to Cardon Children's Hospital where he
was pronounced deceased.
Maricopa County Sheriff's deputies say
25-year-old Jonathan Cole killed his child out of frustration and even
admitted his son struggled a few times to break free of him.
According
to MCSO, Cole says he squeezed his young son's chest even harder until
he stopped breathing and didn't call 911 until an hour and a half later.
"It
is the state's understanding that the defendant squeezed the life out
of his 2- year-old son with his bare hands," said Stephanie Lowe of the
Maricopa County Attorney's office. "The defendant indicated that he did
this out of some either real or percieved ongoing argument with his
wife. In fact he wrote her a letter and told her the reason he did this
is because he was angry with her."
At first, when Cole was questioned about his son's death, he asked investigators if a stuffed animal could cause suffocation.
When pressed further on the matter, investigators say Cole told them he wanted to go to jail.
Cole
was arrested and booked into the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office jail.
He faces first-degree murder and child abuse charges.
The boy’s autopsy was scheduled for last Thursday.
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/crime/father-arrested-after-2-year-old-son-dies-10062011
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by Lloyd Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:06 pm

Very sad case indeed. I went to school with the mother and father. I'm really close friends with the mother of the child. When I heard the news I shocked and stunned that Jonathon did such a thing but then again who can predict such terrible things. RIP Alex <3

Lloyd
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by babyjustice Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:49 am

@ Lloyd...it is so sad to hear stories like this. Until I found this site, I didn't realize what an epidemic child abuse is. About 5 children die every day from child abuse at the hands of their own parents, step parents or boy or girl friends. It's so hard to stop because it happens behind closed doors.

This case is especially shocking because it appears the father killed his son to get back at the mother. I can't imagine her pain. I just hope that justice is served and Jonathan Cole is never allowed to hurt another person.

babyjustice

Back to top Go down

Post by Lloyd Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:50 am

babyjustice wrote:@ Lloyd...it is so sad to hear stories like this. Until I found this site, I didn't realize what an epidemic child abuse is. About 5 children die every day from child abuse at the hands of their own parents, step parents or boy or girl friends. It's so hard to stop because it happens behind closed doors.

This case is especially shocking because it appears the father killed his son to get back at the mother. I can't imagine her pain. I just hope that justice is served and Jonathan Cole is never allowed to hurt another person.
That is a frightning statistic! really scary to be honest.

He did do it to get back at her and he was abusing the poor baby while she was at work. She is heartbroken but taking it day by day, what else can she do?

Lloyd
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down