Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HAYDEN MARTIN - 6 yo (2010) - Wasilla AK

3 posters

Go down

HAYDEN MARTIN - 6 yo (2010) - Wasilla AK Empty HAYDEN MARTIN - 6 yo (2010) - Wasilla AK

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:55 pm

The investigation of a young boy's death in a 2010 Wasilla house fire
has resulted in charges of manslaughter for his grandmother, who was
intoxicated at the time of his death, according to a grand jury
indictment.
Hayden Martin turned 6 just a few days before the
early morning Nov. 3, 2010, fire on Heather Way that claimed his life. A
neighbor rescued Martin's grandmother, Zina Joseph, but was unable to
get to Martin, Alaska State Troopers said at the time.
The home, gutted by flames, was a total loss, troopers said.
Joseph, 54, is now accused of accidentally starting the fire that
killed her grandson. Months of investigation tracked the fatal flames
back to Joseph, said Palmer prosecutor Trina Sears.
"The
information is the fire originated in her bedroom, where she smoked, and
that she had been drinking," Sears said in an interview Friday.

Joseph's blood-alcohol content tested at 0.193, Sears said, more than
twice the legal limit to drive, 0.08. Sears declined to discuss details
of how the fire started.
A medical examiner found trauma to
Martin's head and legs, indicating possible abuse in the past, Sears
said. Representatives at the boy's school had written a letter to the
state Office of Children's Services indicating he'd been missing class,
the prosecutor said.
Martin's father also admitted to cooking
methamphetamine in the garage of the house prior to the blaze, but that
appeared to be unrelated to the fire, Sears said.
A grand jury
indicted Joseph in September for manslaughter and criminally negligent
homicide under separate theories of how she caused the death. She also
faces charges of reckless endangerment and endangering the welfare of a
child, according to court records.
Joseph was arrested in September and released on a $10,000 bail bond in November, according to court records.
A judge ordered Joseph not to contact her son or husband, as they are
witnesses in the case, Sears said. Joseph must also give random urine
tests once a week, Sears said.
Joseph's lawyer was not immediately available for comment Friday afternoon.
http://www.adn.com/2011/12/02/2199889/grandmother-charged-with-manslaughter.html
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

HAYDEN MARTIN - 6 yo (2010) - Wasilla AK Empty Re: HAYDEN MARTIN - 6 yo (2010) - Wasilla AK

Post by mom_in_il Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:42 am

Death of 6-year-old boy in fire stuns family near and far
WASILLA: More than 50 firefighters battled the morning blaze.

By K.T. McKEE, kmckee@adn.com
November 4, 2010

WASILLA -- The sudden death of a 6-year-old boy in a Wasilla house fire Wednesday morning has left his family stunned and shaken from Mat-Su to Nome and beyond.

Hayden Martin, who had just celebrated his birthday Oct. 29, was unable to be saved from his father's burning home at 620 Heather Way off Schrock Road. More than 50 firefighters battled the 5 a.m. blaze.

A neighbor saw smoke pouring from the two-story home's roof and ran to help the family. He could get only to the boy's grandmother, Zina J. Joseph, before firefighters arrived.

"The fire was already about 75 percent involved by the time we arrived," said Steve Barenburg, assistant fire chief of the West Lakes Fire Department off Pittman Road. "When we first arrived, the grandmother was sitting in the front entryway and didn't want to leave because she thought her son and grandson were both still inside. Turns out the son wasn't home, but we did go upstairs looking for him. We found the little boy in his bedroom on the far side of the house downstairs. There wasn't anything we could do."

The cause of the fire is under investigation by the State Fire Marshal.

Hayden's father, John A. Joseph, 32, had stepped out to fetch a part to fix his truck, according to Joseph's father, Tony Joseph, who also lived at the house but was working at the time of fire.

"He's not doing good," the elder Joseph said Thursday of his son as he picked over what was left of the home they had lived in for four years. "We're all broken up about it. We're still in shock."

The family is living in a hotel until other arrangements can be made, he said.

The boy's mother, LaVonne Martin Giang, lives in Nome with his two younger siblings and his stepfather, David Giang.

Hayden had lived with his mom there for the past five years but was living with his father in Wasilla during a one-year custody period, Giang said when reached in Nome Thursday.

She said she doesn't understand why neither his father nor his grandmother called her to tell her what happened.

"I didn't even know about it until a cop knocked on my door at noon that day and told me my son was ... gone," Giang said through tears. "I dropped to my knees. I couldn't believe it. If he'd been with me, this never would have happened."

Giang said she last talked to her son by phone on his birthday.

"I told him I loved him and missed him and hoped he was doing good in school and that things were going to get better for him when he came back home next March."

The boy's grandfather said Thursday he thought Alaska State Troopers were contacting Giang while they were on the scene Wednesday morning.

He said his wife is feeling a lot of guilt over the incident, but he thinks the house itself might be more to blame.

"We're finding more and more odd things about how this house was built," he said. "Like instead of using PVC pipe, a garden hose was used for the water."

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2010/11/04/1537456/death-of-6-year-old-boy-in-fire.html#storylink=cpy
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

HAYDEN MARTIN - 6 yo (2010) - Wasilla AK Empty Re: HAYDEN MARTIN - 6 yo (2010) - Wasilla AK

Post by twinkletoes Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:44 am

Grandmother faces charges in child's death

MANSLAUGHTER: 6-year-old died when blaze gutted Wasilla home.

By CASEY GROVE
Anchorage Daily NewsDecember 2, 2011 

The investigation of a young boy's death in a 2010 Wasilla house fire has resulted in charges of manslaughter for his grandmother, who was intoxicated at the time of his death, according to a grand jury indictment.

Hayden Martin turned 6 just a few days before the early morning Nov. 3, 2010, fire on Heather Way that claimed his life. A neighbor rescued Martin's grandmother, Zina Joseph, but was unable to get to Martin, Alaska State Troopers said at the time.

The home, gutted by flames, was a total loss, troopers said.

Joseph, 54, is now accused of accidentally starting the fire that killed her grandson. Months of investigation tracked the fatal flames back to Joseph, said Palmer prosecutor Trina Sears.

"The information is the fire originated in her bedroom, where she smoked, and that she had been drinking," Sears said in an interview Friday.

Joseph's blood-alcohol content tested at 0.193, Sears said, more than twice the legal limit to drive, 0.08. Sears declined to discuss details of how the fire started.

A medical examiner found trauma to Martin's head and legs, indicating possible abuse in the past, Sears said. Representatives at the boy's school had written a letter to the state Office of Children's Services indicating he'd been missing class, the prosecutor said.

Martin's father also admitted to cooking methamphetamine in the garage of the house prior to the blaze, but that appeared to be unrelated to the fire, Sears said.

A grand jury indicted Joseph in September for manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide under separate theories of how she caused the death. She also faces charges of reckless endangerment and endangering the welfare of a child, according to court records.

Joseph was arrested in September and released on a $10,000 bail bond in November, according to court records.

A judge ordered Joseph not to contact her son or husband, as they are witnesses in the case, Sears said. Joseph must also give random urine tests once a week, Sears said.

Joseph's lawyer was not immediately available for comment Friday afternoon.

http://www.adn.com/2011/12/02/2199889/grandmother-charged-with-manslaughter.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down