Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARIYANA STEWART - 6 Months (2010) - Tulsa OK

4 posters

Go down

ARIYANA STEWART - 6 Months (2010) - Tulsa OK Empty ARIYANA STEWART - 6 Months (2010) - Tulsa OK

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:21 pm

Tulsa County jurors in December found Vincent Latrell Stewart, 23, guilty of two counts of child abuse by injury and imposed sentences of 35 and five years on those counts.

At a formal sentencing this week, District Judge James Caputo ordered the terms to run consecutively.

Stewart must serve 85 percent of his sentence - 34 years - before being eligible for parole or release.

On three occasions in August 2010, Ariyana Stewart - then 5 or 6 months old - reportedly became "unresponsive" while left in the sole care and custody of her father in Tulsa, records show.

The girl was taken to a different hospital on each of those occasions, and she was admitted to the hospital on the first and third occasions, police reported.

On the first hospitalization, it was determined that the child had a subdural hematoma, but doctors could not say whether it was from a medical issue or from trauma, a police affidavit says.

More serious injuries were inflicted before the third trip to a hospital.

A pediatrician who examined the girl stated that her injuries were consistent with having been shaken, a police report says.

Stewart was charged with using unreasonable force on Ariyana, causing two skull fractures, subdural hemorrhaging on two occasions and retinal hemorrhaging, court records show.

Ariyana, who turns 2 years old in February, is "blind because of the abuse" and is unable to walk or talk, Assistant District Attorney Sarah McAmis said Friday.

"She was neurologically devastated," McAmis said.

When questioned by police in 2010, Stewart said he did not know how the girl's injuries occurred, a Department of Corrections report says.

"I would never physically do anything to hurt her," Stewart indicated in that sentencing report.

Stewart is in the Tulsa Jail. He is appealing the trial outcome.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20120121_14_A18_ULNSbd483673
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

ARIYANA STEWART - 6 Months (2010) - Tulsa OK Empty Re: ARIYANA STEWART - 6 Months (2010) - Tulsa OK

Post by flash0115 Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:38 pm

where was her egg donor? why was she left in her father's care after the first incident? seems to me that someone else needs to pay for allowing this to happen.

flash0115
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)

Job/hobbies : Pretending to maintain my sanity

Back to top Go down

ARIYANA STEWART - 6 Months (2010) - Tulsa OK Empty Re: ARIYANA STEWART - 6 Months (2010) - Tulsa OK

Post by babyjustice Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:04 am

What is it with these monster fathers abusing their babies so violently. So many innocent babies are beaten, tortured and abused every day by their own parents. What is this world coming to?

I too want to know where the mother was and why it took 3 times before someone did something to stop the abuse.

babyjustice
Supreme Commander of the Universe
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

Post by AHarris89 Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:45 pm

Actually, this is Ariyana's Mother. He watched her while I worked because he wouldn't get a job. What the article (which I'm just finding out about) faild to mention was. The first hospital visit, they said she may have went lethargic from dehydration. Which was not true, because I gave her pediolyte alongside formula. They told me the access fluid was in her head, but it was no big deal because some children have it. I also set up a doctors appointment (which was a physicians clinic across the street from the hospital. which they confirmed she was fine. The second time, I left work and took her to another hospital, hoping they would do more research. She came out of her lethargic state so fast that they said there was nothing they could do. And the last time, I went to the best hospital that saved her life, and did their job and explained to me she had fractures and what caused them. Immediately upon finding out what had to have happened, I quit working, and got a protective order for us. This was all over a course of 3 months. The seizures were over two months. Thing is, the hospitals weren't even labeling it a seizure. They would only say ”episode”. It wasn't until we got to Hillcreast, who sent us to St. Francis that I got some real explanations. And I thank god for them, and for Sarah Mcamis your all her time and dedication on that case. Ppl can say” how could you not have known”. But he didn't act like anything was wrong. And I've never been around abuse. She was never in his sole custody. But thanks for seeing what matters the most (sarcasm). Ariyana is fine, growing and advancing everyday! She's beginning words and although things are slowed down, I thank god she's alive everyday. To everyone I recommend dvis and CHUBS. They have programs to help you recognize signs of abuse.

AHarris89
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by flash0115 Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:51 pm

sounds too convenient for me.

flash0115

Job/hobbies : Pretending to maintain my sanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down