Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LAYLA JOHNSON - 2 yo/ Accused: Ashley Chapman - Hardin KY

+2
babyjustice
TomTerrific0420
6 posters

Go down

LAYLA JOHNSON - 2 yo/ Accused: Ashley Chapman - Hardin KY Empty LAYLA JOHNSON - 2 yo/ Accused: Ashley Chapman - Hardin KY

Post by TomTerrific0420 Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:50 pm

On Jan. 25, 2012 a 2-year-old child (female) was brought to Hardin Memorial Hospital's Emergency Room. The child, unresponsive, was found to have multiple bruises/contusions on a large portion of her body. Further examination revealed the child also suffered from bleeding and swelling of the brain. The child was transported to Kosair Children's Hospital for further treatment where she remains in critical condition.

During an investigation by Kentucky State Police detectives, it was discovered the child was in the care of her babysitter, 28-year-old Ashley Chapman of Vine Grove, when the injuries occurred. Ashley Chapman has been charged with Criminal Abuse 1st Degree and is currently lodged in the Hardin County Detention Center on a $250,000 cash bond.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/NEWS-RELEASE-Criminal-Child-Abuse-138179339.html
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

LAYLA JOHNSON - 2 yo/ Accused: Ashley Chapman - Hardin KY Empty Re: LAYLA JOHNSON - 2 yo/ Accused: Ashley Chapman - Hardin KY

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:18 pm

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- A toddler rushed to Kosair Children's Hospital last week with severe head injuries died Sunday afternoon.

A babysitter believed to have caused those injuries has been charged with first-degree criminal abuse.

Kentucky State Police said the charges against Ashley Chapman will likely be changed to murder in the coming days.

Police said 28-year-old Chapman severely beat 2-year-old Layla Johnson.

“She was found to be unresponsive and had large bruises over a large portion of her body,” said Trooper Chris Rafferty.

Court documents show Chapman struck and shook the toddler at a mobile home in Radcliff while babysitting.

State police said her brain swelled and she died Sunday afternoon.

Police said Chapman had been babysitting for Layla for a month or two and the girl's grandmother took her to the hospital when she noticed something wasn't right.

Dr. Stephen Wright is the medical director at Kosair Children's Hospital. He helped start a child abuse task force there nearly a decade ago.

“Back in 2001, we were averaging almost one death a month in child abuse, non-accidental trauma,” Wright said.

Wright said the number of child abuse deaths across Kentucky is staggering. Wright said the state averages 30 to 40 of them a year and Kentucky currently ranks 18th for most child abuse deaths in the U.S.

“It's a horrible problem and something we have to fix,” Wright said.

Wright's task force seeks to educate and point out warning signs of abuse.

“One thing I think everyone needs to know for an infant, certainly, for a child that's not walking, bruising is really not normal,” Wright said.

The doctor also encourages parents to know exactly who's caring for their children when they're not around.

“We like to say if you wouldn't leave your wallet with someone, you probably shouldn't leave your baby with them,” Wright said.

Chapman is being held in the Hardin County Jail.

Read more: http://www.wlky.com/news/30329463/detail.html#ixzz1kxWMYnsm
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

LAYLA JOHNSON - 2 yo/ Accused: Ashley Chapman - Hardin KY Empty Re: LAYLA JOHNSON - 2 yo/ Accused: Ashley Chapman - Hardin KY

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:49 am

ELIZABETHTOWN, Ky. - A central Kentucky woman has been charged with
murder after a toddler police say she was baby-sitting died of her
injuries.The 2-year-old had been
hospitalized since Wednesday, and 28-year-old Ashley N. Chapman, of Vine
Grove, was arrested Thursday and was being held on charges including
first-degree criminal abuse.
The
charge was changed to murder Monday, a day after the toddler, Layla
Marie Johnson, died, The News-Enterprise in Elizabethtown reported.
Layla’s injuries were related to child abuse, according to state police.
Chapman was being held in the Hardin County jail on $500,000 bond.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20120130/NEWS01/301300095/Hardin-County-baby-sitter-infant-death-abuse?odyssey=nav|head
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:05 am

ELIZABETHTOWN, Ky. - Kentucky State Police say a 2-year-old child has
died from injuries that allegedly occurred while she was with a
babysitter.
The child had been hospitalized since Wednesday, according to The News-Enterprise in Elizabethtown.
The
babysitter, 28-year-old Ashley N. Chapman of Vine Grove, was arrested
Thursday and has been held in the Hardin County Detention Center.
State police said charges against Chapman will likely be upgraded. Charges currently include first-degree criminal abuse.
An
arrest warrant alleges Chapman struck and shook the child. The warrant
says the alleged abuse resulted in loss of consciousness, extensive
bruising and bleeding in the brain.
State police say the child's
grandmother picked her up Wednesday and immediately took her to Hardin
Memorial Hospital. Police said Sunday the girl had died.
http://www.kypost.com/dpp/news/state/Child-Abuse-Case_43469219
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Back to top Go down

Post by babyjustice Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:03 pm

Interesting snippet from above articles:

"The doctor also encourages parents to know exactly who's caring for their children when they're not around.

“We like to say if you wouldn't leave your wallet with someone, you probably shouldn't leave your baby with them,” Wright said."

There are very very few people I'd leave my wallet with. Meaning you have to be so careful who watch your precious children. This is such a tragic sad case. I feel badly for the family.

babyjustice
Supreme Commander of the Universe
Supreme Commander of the Universe

Back to top Go down

LAYLA JOHNSON - 2 yo/ Accused: Ashley Chapman - Hardin KY Empty Unnamed girl - 2 yo - /Suspect: Ashley Chapman Vine Grove KY

Post by twinkletoes Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:44 am

VINE GROVE, KY (WAVE) – A 2-year-old girl has died after being the alleged victim of abuse by her babysitter.

The girl, who is not being identified due to
her age, died at 1:24 p.m. at Kosair Children's Hospital after being
admitted Thursday. When admitted the girl was unresponsive with bleeding
to her brain and bruises all over her body.

28-year-old Ashley Chapman was arrested in the case. Chapman was babysitting the child at the time of the abuse.

Chapman is charged with first degree criminal
abuse and is being held in the Hard in County Detention Center on a
$25,000 cash bond. She was arraigned Friday morning.

Kentucky State Police said the charges
against Chapman will be updated and likely amended to Murder. The
investigation is ongoing.
http://www.wave3.com/story/16626980/2-year-old-dies-after-being-abused-by-babysitter
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 am

Several of the states who have laws against releasing the names of murdered children are considering legislation that would permit the publication of the names.

This only makes sense. At least that is one stupid law Florida doesn't have on the books. IMO.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:50 am

LAYLA JOHNSON - 2 yo/ Accused: Ashley Chapman - Hardin KY 16626980_BG1
Ashley Chapman
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:37 am

Murdered two-year-old remembered

Posted:
Feb 02, 2012 10:05 AM EST

Updated:
Feb 02, 2012 12:42 PM EST

LOUISVILLE, KY. (WDRB) -- A chapel is already
filled with toys, as people remember a two-year-old who was murdered,
allegedly at the hands of her babysitter.

The family of Layla Johnson is asking for toy donations instead of flowers to be given to Kosair Children's Hospital.

Visitation gets underway at 1 p.m. Thursday
at the Coffey and Chism Funeral Home in Vine Grove, where people can
continue to drop off toys. Her funeral is Friday at Gloryland Harvest
Church in Radcliff.

Police say Ashley Chapman is charged with murder after shook and hit the child until her brain started bleeding.
http://www.wdrb.com/story/16660317/murdered-two-year-old-remembered
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

LAYLA JOHNSON - 2 yo/ Accused: Ashley Chapman - Hardin KY Empty Chapman is a Monster!

Post by ajswifey0409 Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:54 pm

twinkletoes wrote:LAYLA JOHNSON - 2 yo/ Accused: Ashley Chapman - Hardin KY 16626980_BG1
Ashley Chapman

I know of this case personally. I hope justice is served in every way possible. You wouldn't think of being close to the family that she had ruined. Along with taking a precious life of the 2 year old little girl, she also ruined the girls family and the family of her fiancee, her fiance. How devastating and heartbreaking it all is. I never really liked her and now I know why. Underneath everything she truly was a monster.

I am hoping to get some updates sometime soon from the family. If it does go to trial I will be there in person staring her down as I am sure that I won't be the only one.

Last edited by ajswifey0409 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
ajswifey0409
ajswifey0409
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Job/hobbies : STUDENT, Private Security Officer Wife.

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:03 pm

It breaks my heart that a little 2 year old would be treated such.
I would love to hold and love a little two year old. I would give
my life before I would let her come to harm. This lady should get
the death penality.

I have to log off now, this one got me tearing too much and can't
read.

RIP little angel, amen.
William

willcarney
willcarney

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajswifey0409 Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:15 pm

willcarney wrote:It breaks my heart that a little 2 year old would be treated such.
I would love to hold and love a little two year old. I would give
my life before I would let her come to harm. This lady should get
the death penality.

I have to log off now, this one got me tearing too much and can't
read.

RIP little angel, amen.
William

"It truly is awful. I would love to hold a baby in my arms period. My husband and I have been trying to have a family of our own and to see people take a little ones life is very disturbing and heartless rather if the child is theirs or not. I say this because when we do finally have the blessing of having children I most likely will be a crazy person on who can I trust to watch my own child or children since I will be working."
ajswifey0409
ajswifey0409
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Job/hobbies : STUDENT, Private Security Officer Wife.

Back to top Go down

Post by mermaid55 Tue May 13, 2014 3:36 pm

Ky. babysitter convicted of toddler's death receives 35 years

Posted on December 13, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Updated Thursday, Dec 13 at 10:32 PM

HARDIN CO., Ky. (WHAS 11) -- Twenty-eight-year-old Ashley Chapman was sentenced Thursday morning after she was convicted of killing two-year-old Layla Johnson.
A judge sentenced Chapman to 35 years in prison and she was ordered to complete a substance abuse program. Prosecutor's said Chapman was under the influence of prescription drugs while she was babysitting Layla and the little girl was injured.
Originally Chapman was charged with criminal abuse, but the charges were upgraded to murder after when Layla died four days after she was hospitalized due to her injuries.
Layla's mother and grandmother both made impact statements.
"You deserve the death penalty. You are a monster," Layla's mother to Chapman in court. "There is no way to express what you took from us. Everything is the only word that comes to mind."
Chapman's family wrote a letter expressing their sadness by the loss of Layla Johnson and as well as their daughter Ashley. Family said they are hurt by Chapman's drug use and says "we are forever changed as a family"
WHAS11's Brooke Katz was at the sentencing and will have a live report coming up during the News at Noon.

http://www.whas11.com/news/crimetracker/Sentencing-set-for-Vine-Grove-baby-sitter-accused-of-killing-2-year-old-183338141.html
mermaid55
mermaid55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down