Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The VANEST Brothers - Canton OH

2 posters

Go down

The VANEST Brothers - Canton OH Empty The VANEST Brothers - Canton OH

Post by TomTerrific0420 Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:16 pm

CANTON —

Police arrested a Canton woman accused of allowing her child to be beaten multiple times with a belt, encouraging him to assault his brother for tattling and then using handcuffs on one of the boys when she was angry.

Barbara S. Vanest, 33, of 1403 25th St. NW, was arrested at 4:23 p.m. Saturday at her home on felony charges of child endangering and obstructing official business.

Stark County Jail records said she allowed the boy’s father to strike him with a belt several times, causing welts and bruises on the child’s thighs and then lied to police about it. The boy is 14 years old. The records said she also encouraged him to assault his brother, who had told someone about the abuse.

The jail records said that she also had used handcuffs to restrain one of the boys when she was upset with his behavior. The boy’s behavior was not listed in the jail records.

The records also did not say whether police arrested the boy’s father after the belt beating.

Stark County court records said Sunday night that she remained in the jail, held without bond pending a hearing Monday in Canton Municipal Court.

http://www.cantonrep.com/newsnow/x1882855081/Canton-woman-accused-of-child-abuse
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

The VANEST Brothers - Canton OH Empty Re: The VANEST Brothers - Canton OH

Post by twinkletoes Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:46 pm

I'm glad to read about a woman who is allowing this abuse to be arrested. I just hope the father was also.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down