Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TAVIA BENTLEY - 11 yo - Detroit MI

+2
twinkletoes
kiwimom
6 posters

Go down

TAVIA BENTLEY - 11 yo - Detroit MI Empty TAVIA BENTLEY - 11 yo - Auburn Hills MI

Post by kiwimom Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Auburn Hills police search for 11-year-old girl

Police say girl may be with father who has no custody rights
Feb 05 2012 03:08:50 PM

TAVIA BENTLEY - 11 yo - Detroit MI Tavia-Bentley-JPG
Tavia Bentley

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -
The Auburn Hills police are searching for an 11-year-old girl who has been missing since early Sunday morning.
Police said Tavia Danaj Bentley was last seen at 4 a.m. Sunday. She was reported missing at 8 a.m.
Police believe she may be with her non-custodial father, Sebastian Albert Campbell.

Tavia is described as black, 5 feet 1 inches tall and about 105
pounds. Police did not have a description of the clothing she was last seen wearing.
Campbell is 46 years old and described as black, 6
feet tall and about 200 pounds. He goes by the nickname "Common." He is
of Rockville, Md. He has family in Detroit.
Campbell was last seen driving a four-door silver which might be a rental car.
Anyone with information on Tavia and Campbell's whereabouts is asked to
contact the Auburn Hills Police Department at 248-370-9444 or Crime Stoppers at 800-SPEAK-UP.
TAVIA BENTLEY - 11 yo - Detroit MI Sebastian-Campbell-JPG

-- Sebastian Campbell

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Auburn-Hills-police-search-for-11-year-old-girl/-/1719418/8598408/-/13ohs06z/-/index.html
kiwimom
kiwimom
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

TAVIA BENTLEY - 11 yo - Detroit MI Empty TAVIA BENTLEY - 11 yo - Auburn Hills MI

Post by twinkletoes Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:57 am

Amber Alert issued for 11-year-old Tavia Bentley, last seen at her Auburn Hills home Sunday morning at 4 am
Amber Alert issued for Auburn Hills girl

February 05, 2012 6:02 PM

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - An Amber Alert has been issued for a young Michigan girl.

The Auburn Hills Police Department responded to the 2800 block of Tall Oaks Court at 8 am for a missing 11-year-old female.

Police say Tavia Bentley was last seen around 4 am at her home on Tall Oaks Court.

Police believe she may be with her non-custodial father, 46-year-old Sebastian Campbell.

Tavia is 5'01" and 105 lbs.

Campbell is 6', 200 lbs., and goes by "Common". Police say Campbell is from Rockville, MD but has family in Detroit.

Campbell was last seen driving a 4 door silver sedan, which could possibly be a rental car.

Anyone who knows the whereabouts of Tavia Bentley or Sebasitan Campbell is asked to contact the Auburn Hills
Police Department at (248) 370-9444 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK UP, or online at www.1800speakup.org.

http://www.wwmt.com/sections/article/gallery/?pic=1&id=1401390
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

TAVIA BENTLEY - 11 yo - Detroit MI Empty Re: TAVIA BENTLEY - 11 yo - Detroit MI

Post by TomTerrific0420 Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:58 pm

Investigators found the 11-year-old Auburn Hills girl who police say was missing with her father, who does not have custody of her.

Offices from the Auburn Hills and Detroit police departments found Tavia Danaj Bentley in the 14000 block of Dolphin in Detroit at about 8:30 p.m. Monday, according to a release issued Monday night by the Auburn Hills Police. Her father, Sebastian A. Campbell, 46, of Rockville, Md., was taken into custody. He's being housed in the Oakland County Jail while the case is reviewed by prosecutors.

Tavia was discovered missing at 8 a.m. Sunday from a home in the 2800 block of Tall Oaks in Auburn Hills. An Amber Alert was not issued because she was not in imminent danger, but her father does not have custody of Tavia, police said.
Investigators found her based on tips from multiple sources, including the public, after a plea for her return was made through local news outlets, according to police. Investigators from police departments in Troy, Southfield and Bloomfield Township, the Maryland State Police, the U.S. Marshal's Office and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children also assisted in the case.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120206/NEWS05/120206056/Missing-Auburn-Hills-11-year-old-found-alive-Detroit?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

TAVIA BENTLEY - 11 yo - Detroit MI Empty TAVIA BENTLEY - 11 yo - Detroit MI

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:20 am

Detroit police have asked for help locating a missing 11-year-old girl.
The child is identified as Tavia Bentley. According to police, she was last seen about 4a.m. Friday in her guardian's home in the 18,000 block of McCormick Street.

Bentley's guardian told police the girl left a letter saying she wanted to be with her mother.

Bentley is described as 4'9", 70 pounds, with a medium brown complexion, brown eyes and black hair.

According to police, she was last seen wearing all white clothing with black and white boots.

Anyone with information about Bentley's whereabouts is asked to call Detroit police.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/11-Year-Old-Detroit-girl-reported-missing/-/1719418/9099932/-/ua4jnoz/-/index.html
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Yes FOUND SAFE

"UPDATE: Missing 11-year-old Tavia Bentley has been found safe in Detroit Monday evening. Sebastian Campbell, Tavia’s father, has been taken into custody.

Detectives continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding the parental abduction.

AUBURN HILLS (WWJ) – Auburn Hills police are searching for a missing 11-year-old girl who disappeared over the weekend.

Tavia Bentley was reported missing by her grandmother at around 8 a.m. Sunday and police believe she is with her father, Sebastian Campbell, who does not have legal custody.

“The court has taken away his custodial rights and, based on the court’s information, we believe it’s in the best interest of the child to be returned to her mother,” said Auburn Hills police Lt. Thomas Hardesty.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/02/06/police-looking-for-missing-11-year-old-auburn-hills-girl/

Last edited by ladibug on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link wasn't included.)
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyfloridaopinion Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:24 pm

[Contact] Tavia Bentley
From Guest To inmyfloridaopinion, Today at 11:14 am

Tavia bentley was not found. She is still missing since February 25, 2012. Please check your sources you have incorrect information. Contact the Detroit 9th Precent.
Tavia's Mom
inmyfloridaopinion
inmyfloridaopinion

Job/hobbies : Family (and Zoo) Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:37 pm

MSM reports have her found as of February 6, 2012.

Now missing again since Feb. 25?
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:48 pm

11-Year-Old Found in Early February Goes Missing Again

Updated: Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 7:12 PM EST
Published : Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 7:12 PM EST

By ROBIN SCHWARTZ

PONTIAC, Mich. (WJBK) -- Eleven-year-old Tavia Bentley first reported missing in an Amber Alert on February 5 was found the next day with her father in Detroit. He was charged with parental kidnapping.

He was back in court Friday because the middle school student is missing again after running away from a foster home.

Her dad cried openly during a bond hearing where police testified they believe he's been in touch with the girl by cell phone.

"I can't imagine an eleven-year-old girl on the streets for this amount of time. If she is, she's certainly in danger. It's cold out. It's wintertime. She has no means of support," said Detroit Police Lieutenant Dale Greenleaf.

Sebastian Campbell is under a court order not to have any contact with his daughter and he does not have custody. He could go back to jail.

The FBI is now involved in the search for Bentley. She's been missing again since February 25.

Police sources have told FOX 2 they're concerned Campbell may try to skip town with his daughter and even leave the country. It came out in court that Bentley told her best friend if her dad gets custody, she won't see her friends anymore.

"Obviously, this little girl has a lot going on in her life. She's estranged from both parents, so certainly our hearts go out to her," Greenleaf said. "Our sole concern here is the safe return of Tavia. Her welfare, that's the only thing I'm concerned about at this point."

Campbell has violent felonies in his past. Police say if he or someone else is hiding the girl, they could face criminal charges. Late Friday afternoon, a judge put him on a tether and ordered him to notify the court if he learns of his daughter's whereabouts.

Anyone who has seen eleven-year-old Tavia Bentley should call Detroit Police. They're searching for her around the clock.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/11-year-old-found-in-early-february-goes-missing-again-20120302-ms
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:24 pm

Hi IMFO. TAVIA BENTLEY - 11 yo - Detroit MI 577177 TAVIA BENTLEY - 11 yo - Detroit MI 744935 TAVIA BENTLEY - 11 yo - Detroit MI 148632

Sounds like the mother wasn't aware that she had been found once. She didn't say the info was outdated, but wrong.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyfloridaopinion Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:30 pm

twinkletoes wrote:Hi IMFO. TAVIA BENTLEY - 11 yo - Detroit MI 577177 TAVIA BENTLEY - 11 yo - Detroit MI 744935 TAVIA BENTLEY - 11 yo - Detroit MI 148632

Sounds like the mother wasn't aware that she had been found once. She didn't say the info was outdated, but wrong.
hithere Twinkletoes! sad hug

I so hope that they find her safely! tears
inmyfloridaopinion
inmyfloridaopinion

Job/hobbies : Family (and Zoo) Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by ladibug Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:00 am

hello Checked the dates on this one before posting :) It never occurred to me before that she'd been missing twice!

When 12-year-old Tavia Danaj Bentley walked out the door of her foster home in February 2012, no one reported it until seven hours later. Bentley, now 13, has been labeled a runaway by the Detroit Police Department but her mother, Katrina Young, will not stop searching for her daughter. As a follow up to our Missing & Black cover story, JET spoke with Young about the details of the case and why she will never lose hope.

JET: Can you share the basic facts regarding your daughter’s disappearance?

Tavia was removed from my custody after her father kidnapped her on Feb. 4, 2012. My ex-boyfriend, who has a warrant out for his arrest in Michigan for violating probation, had taken our daughter from my mother’s home in Auburn Hills, MI. My child and her father were both found the next day in Detroit, and told police that Tavia had been beaten and left unattended. There were no visible marks. Child welfare investigated. Tavia was then kept in a foster home in Auburn Hills until Feb. 18, when she was moved to a Lutheran-run foster home. She walked out of there early in the morning of Feb. 25. She’d been missing from the foster home for nearly seven hours before I was notified by family services and the Detroit Police Department.

JET: Please describe the initial 24-48 hours (from contacting police to getting flyers disseminated to informing family members).

The lady at the foster home notified the police and children’s services. She noted that Tavia was only wearing a shirt and pants and a pair of boots, with no coat or jacket.

JET: Did the police find any clues at all?

I learned in court that in early March 2012, she’d had many conversations with her father over the cell phone that she was given. She had contacted friends at her school and left a message on a friend’s phone. She said she didn’t know where she was. She wanted to be located.

JET: Do you recall how the case was categorized in the police report?

Authorities have classified my child as a runaway. I believe that her father has her. It’s pretty hard to get coverage about her disappearance due to the classification of runaway.

JET: What are your overall impressions of the media coverage your daughter’s case has received so far?

After the court proceedings regarding parental kidnapping, I have been trying to get coverage. A local news reporter said they don’t do stories on runaways. The DC-Virginia-Maryland area didn’t want to do the story either. The Black and Missing Foundation helped get Ebony and Huff Post for coverage, as well as The Michael Baisden radio show and website.

JET: Do you think Black-owned media has a special responsibility to publicize these cases?

I had heard about parents of Black missing kids not being able to get coverage. National media sweeps these cases under the rug. I appreciate all the help the Black media has tried to give me.

JET: Can you give us an update on the case as it stands today?

I was finally given back full custody in April of last year after the allegations against me were dismissed. On Nov. 30, 2012, I received a phone call from my daughter. She said she was okay but couldn’t tell me her whereabouts, or else I wouldn’t be able to speak to her anymore. She told me she had gotten new glasses and had been to the dentist. She didn’t sound afraid. She was very careful with what she said. She kept her responses short.

JET: What message do you want to share with Tavia?

I miss her. I forgive her for everything that went on. I love her and I want her to return home. It’s not getting any easier. I’m going to continue to hope and pray and do what I can to locate her.

http://jetmag.com/news/missing-and-black-tavia-danaj-bentley/

So apparently she is sort-of found I guess since at least she calls her mother. That has to be a relief knowing she is alive. I hope she contacts her frequently so her Mom knows she is still OK. Wish she would go home, but we don't know why she left. unsure 
ladibug
ladibug

Job/hobbies : Collecting feral cats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down