Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRANDON YARIMIAN - 1 yo (10/2010) - Westland/ Detroit MI

Go down

BRANDON YARIMIAN - 1 yo (10/2010) - Westland/ Detroit MI Empty BRANDON YARIMIAN - 1 yo (10/2010) - Westland/ Detroit MI

Post by TomTerrific0420 Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:07 pm

A Westland woman has been ordered bound over for trial on felony charges over the death of her 1-year-old son, who drowned while unattended in the bathtub.

Amanda Yarimian, 24, is charged with involuntary manslaughter and second-degree child abuse-failure to protect in the death of Brandon Yarimian, who was a week past his first birthday when he died on Oct. 17, 2010.

BRANDON YARIMIAN - 1 yo (10/2010) - Westland/ Detroit MI Bilde?Site=C5&Date=20120226&Category=NEWS24&ArtNo=202260400&Ref=AR&MaxW=300&Border=0&Mother-face-charges-1-year-old-s-drowningBRANDON YARIMIAN - 1 yo (10/2010) - Westland/ Detroit MI Bilde?Site=C5&Date=20120226&Category=NEWS24&ArtNo=202260400&Ref=V2&MaxW=300&Border=0&Mother-face-charges-1-year-old-s-drowning

Yarimian's husband, Deelon, was the only witness to testify at the preliminary examination Friday before 18th District Court Judge Mark McConnell. Wayne County Assistant Prosecutor Lora Weingarden said she wanted to preserve a record of Deelon Yarimian's testimony as his wife planned to waive her preliminary examination.

In his testimony and original statement to police, Deelon Yarimian described his wife having worked a full shift, come home for about three hours and then going back to work for several more hours on Oct. 16. He had cared for Brandon and the couple's 3-year-old daughter on that day.

When Amanda Yarimian returned home from the second half of her split shift, it was 7-8 p.m., her husband testified. Deelon Yarimian then went out for a couple of hours to visit a friend and his mother.

When he left the house, Deelon Yarimian testified that his wife had both children in the bathtub giving them a bath. Upon his return, Deelon Yarimian said his wife and daughter were in the couple's bed sleeping while Brandon was on the floor.

“He was laying on the floor in the middle of the hallway. He was face up. We usually let him do what he wants after his bath,” Deelon Yarimian said. “I was trying to fix a virus on the computer. I had my eye on him. Approximately half an hour later, he was in the same position. That was highly unusual.”

At that point, Deelon Yarimian said he checked Brandon, who was naked, finding that the child was rigid. As he tried to perform CPR, he said he called 9-1-1.

Weingarden and defense attorney David Lankford both questioned Deelon Yarimian about whether there was water in the bathtub when he came home. His original statement to police was that there was water in the tub as he found his son.

“I really don't know. I went over this a million times in my head. Anyone would second-guess themselves,” said Deelon Yarimian, who testified that his daughter was able to get out of the bathtub without assistance but Brandon could not.

When he awakened his wife, Deelon Yarimian said she was distraught and didn't understand the questions he was asking her about what happened.

“She told me she fell asleep giving the kids a bath,” he said.

Paramedics and police reported that the child was unclothed and still wet when they arrived at the Yarimian home on Ackley.

The warrant request seeking charges against Amanda Yarimian had been pending at the prosecutor's office since late 2010. Amanda Yarimian, who has entered a not guilty plea, is scheduled for circuit court arraignment on March 8. She remains free on $50,000 personal bond.

Also on March, the couple are scheduled for a Child Protective Services hearing to determine if they will get custody of their 3-year-old daughter.

http://www.hometownlife.com/article/20120226/NEWS24/202260400/Mother-face-charges-1-year-old-s-drowning?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CRoyal%20Oak%7Cs
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down