Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George, Cindy Take Stand Against Permanent Caylee Memorial

Go down

George, Cindy Take Stand Against Permanent Caylee Memorial Empty George, Cindy Take Stand Against Permanent Caylee Memorial

Post by mom_in_il Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 am

George, Cindy Take Stand Against Permanent Caylee Memorial

POSTED: 12:24 pm EDT March 24, 2009
UPDATED: 5:38 pm EDT March 24, 2009

Excerpt:

ORLANDO, Fla. --

Meanwhile, Caylee's grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony, invited WESH 2 News to their home Tuesday.

They are taking a stand against a permanent memorial to Caylee along Suburban Drive.

For the first time in months, George Anthony spoke one-on-one to WESH 2's Bob Kealing.

Caylee's grandparents are getting ready to unveil a Caylee Anthony foundation that will have a search and rescue component like a page from the Texas Equusearch playbook. At the same time, they're coming out against a permanent Caylee memorial along Suburban Drive.

George and Cindy Anthony unveiled a new search boat named for Caylee. They also unveiled plans for a Caylee Marie Anthony Foundation they both will spearhead.

The boat was built by the Anthony's long time ally Dennis Milstead of Kid Finder's network with $30,000 donated from the Never Lose Hope Foundation.

"They funded the boat and an ATV to start us out with the search group," Milstead said.

"I never want to look for a child in the water or the woods and stuff but if that's what we have to do that's what we're going to have to do," George Anthony said.

Cindy Anthony remained silent as her husband weighed in on the controversy surrounding what to do with the land along Suburban Drive. It's home to the Caylee memorial and currently up for sale.

"This is the kind of tribute I would rather see, not down at the end of the street. I think that's great, don't get me wrong," George Anthony said.

The couple's lawyer said the owner should not sell the land to bounty hunter Leonard Padilla who has talked about establishing a permanent memorial to Caylee.

"I think Mr. Padilla's motives are suspect and he's not the one to memorialize this little girl," George Anthony said.

The Anthonys also said they would like to see a park where children can play as the permanent memorial to Caylee.

http://www.wesh.com/news/19002036/detail.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down