Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Richard Hornsby Weighs In

Go down

Richard Hornsby Weighs In Empty Richard Hornsby Weighs In

Post by Verogal Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:44 pm

Casey Anthony Case: How Is She Funding Her Defense Team

March 26, 2009 by: Express

Richard Hornsby Weighs In 457822621After the hearing yesterday, Baez pulled the Anthonys aside for a private meeting. He was overheard saying he’d done nothing wrong. [wesh.com news]

How is Casey Anthony funding her defense team?

If she’s doing it with stolen money, that would illegal, WESH-Channel 2’s Bob Kealing noted in a thoughtful report tonight. Casey Anthony is charged with the first-degree murder of her daughter, Caylee.
WESH reminded viewers of Anthony’s dismal financial history: She was unemployed. She is accused of stealing money from a friend. Her grandmother revealed that Anthony could have made $45,000 in unauthorized charges on her parents’ credit cards.
Kealing turned to Richard Hornsby, a criminal defense expert, to help explain the issue. “A person can’t go steal from a bank and then use that same money to hire the best attorney to represent them,” Hornsby said, sounding incredulous.
Kealing asked more questions as he recounted the history. Anthony hired attorney Jose Baez and paid him upfront. But how did she do it?
In a sworn affidavit, Anthony has said Baez has no right to sell her story or that of her daughter. The state has filed a motion to learn if Baez has made any deals that could be a conflict of interest in representing his client.
Baez has said he has no entertainment deals in the works related to the case. Baez also has called the state’s action a witch hunt. Prosecutors fear a deal could lead to a verdict being overturned on appeal, Kealing said.
Baez’s spokeswoman has acknowledged that Anthony has sold licensing rights to photos and video.
Anthony’s affidavit is basically worthless, Hornsby said. “It doesn’t address the issues that the state is concerned about,” he added. “Who is paying Jose Baez? And is whoever’s paying Jose Baez affecting how he’s handling her case? There is no doubt all of this needs to be revealed.” Source

Source Ref: WESH
http://www.cayleedaily.com/2009/03/26/casey-anthony-case-how-is-she-funding-her-defense-team/

Last edited by Verogal on Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Verogal
Verogal
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

Richard Hornsby Weighs In Empty Just my Theory/Opinion ONLY

Post by Verogal Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:01 pm

Sorry, If the above is old news...LOL, I searched and didn't see anywhere, but, who knows. Laughing

My thoughts are after reading carefully, on what JB said yesterday, is he does NOT have a LITERARY deal. Therefore, I would speculated due to the way lawyers can and do mince words that does not apply to anything not written...i.e. a book...

This, imo, would not exclude a movie, pictures, video's and/or interviews...and, I further speculate this is exactly what HE and KC have been doing...and, it is Legal, as KC is not as yet convicted and entitled to a defense. Wether, we like it or not. (And, why behind closed doors yesterday)...So, as long as JB is not taking monies from the trust other than what is needed for defending her I believe he is not in conflict. And, thus far, unless something come up later, it seems Judge Strickland agreeded. I trust Judge Stickland more than JB!

IMO, JB is getting this funding through networks like NBC, ABC, Fox, and maybe Lifetime...not sure of the exact networks. I also do believe that all the high profile team members are doing this at this time free of charge...not only to be on the "trial of the century"...but, maybe even more so for the forensics experts..this would be a challenging case for them...

I also tend to think that KC gave JB all rights...and the Anthony's are out of the loop.

ALL JMO...as always.

Would anyone care to discuss???? Thanks. :)
Verogal
Verogal

Back to top Go down

Richard Hornsby Weighs In Empty Re: Richard Hornsby Weighs In

Post by Verogal Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:22 pm

"After the hearing yesterday, Baez pulled the Anthonys aside for a private meeting. He was overheard saying he’d done nothing wrong." [wesh.com news]

IMO, he pulled Cindy aside, I didn't see GA, but, maybe we didn't see it all...
I am so curious with JB statement nethertheless!!!!
Are the A's questioning JB's motives too? I wonder what THEY think JB has done wrong...LOL

Seems to me they don't have a clue as to what is happening and totally out ot the loop!...JMO

Thoughts? :D
Verogal
Verogal

Back to top Go down

Richard Hornsby Weighs In Empty Re: Richard Hornsby Weighs In

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down