Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KAYDENCE MIERS - 2 yo/ Accused: Grandmother-Lillie Stanton - Winchester KY

2 posters

Go down

KAYDENCE MIERS - 2 yo/ Accused: Grandmother-Lillie Stanton - Winchester KY Empty KAYDENCE MIERS - 2 yo/ Accused: Grandmother-Lillie Stanton - Winchester KY

Post by TomTerrific0420 Wed May 23, 2012 11:17 am

Winchester police said they charged a woman in the fatal stabbings of
her daughter and granddaughter in a press conference Tuesday morning,
and said she admitted to stabbing both of them.

Police say Lillie
Stanton, 48, faces two counts of murder in the Sunday stabbings of her
daughter, Danel Korrey Stanton, 23, and her granddaughter, Kaydence Ray
Miers, 22-months.

Officials said Stanton is still being treated at UK Hospital for self-inflicted knife wounds to her throat and wrists.

A possible motive in the killings wasn't released.

Police added Stanton is in serious condition at the hospital and will be taken into custody upon her release.

Visitation
for Danel Korrey Stanton will be from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., Wednesday, May
23 at Scobee Funeral Home. Funeral services and burial will be private.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that memorial contributions be made to the charity of your choice.

http://www.wtvq.com/content/localnews/story/Winchester-Police-Say-Grandmother-Will-Face-Charge/tk57HvBKmE2GFA579pnIrw.cspx
TomTerrific0420
TomTerrific0420
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Searching for Truth and Justice

Back to top Go down

KAYDENCE MIERS - 2 yo/ Accused: Grandmother-Lillie Stanton - Winchester KY Empty Re: KAYDENCE MIERS - 2 yo/ Accused: Grandmother-Lillie Stanton - Winchester KY

Post by twinkletoes Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:59 am

Police: Grandmother admits to killing daughter & granddaughter

By Katherine Cavazini

updated2:12 PM EDT, Tue June 05, 2012

WINCHESTER, KENTUCKY – A grandmother has been charged with two counts of murder for allegedly stabbing her daughter and 23-month-old granddaughter to death before cutting her wrists and neck, according to police.

Lilly Stanton, 48, was taken by helicopter the University of Kentucky Medical Center after police say she suffered self-inflicted wounds to her wrist and neck. She is currently being treated for her injuries and is under 24-hour guard by police. Winchester Police Capt. James Hall said she will be transferred to the Clark County Jail once she’s released from the hospital.

KAYDENCE MIERS - 2 yo/ Accused: Grandmother-Lillie Stanton - Winchester KY Corner_wire_BL
“Ms. Stanton has given a statement to the police department admitting her actions in the murder and gave statements that she attempted to harm herself afterward,” according to Hall. Investigators say the suspect made an initial statement to her husband but it did not match her statement given to police at the hospital.

The suspect’s husband discovered the bodies of his daughter and granddaughter on May 20th. Police say he was not present when the murders occurred.

23-month-old Kaydence Ray Miers died of “cutting injuries to the neck,” according to Clark County Coroner Robert Gayheart. The cause of death for 22-year-old Danel Korrey Stanton is still pending.

During the investigation, numerous items of evidence were removed from the scene, including “several knives with blood on them,” according to Hall. “Those knives will be sent to the state police lab to determine which knives were used.”

Investigators say they cannot elaborate on a possible motive and have been unable to find any record of domestic violence within the family. “I can’t say if she just snapped or if it was spontaneous,” said Hall.

HLN reached out to Lilly Stanton for a comment, but calls were not returned due to her current medical condition.

“We’re getting new information everyday from people who have known the victims and the perpetrator so we will conduct interviews as long as we need to,” Hall announced at the press conference. Investigators say they are not looking at any other suspects at this time but the investigation is still ongoing.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/05/23/police-grandmother-admits-killing-daughter-granddaughter
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

KAYDENCE MIERS - 2 yo/ Accused: Grandmother-Lillie Stanton - Winchester KY Empty Re: KAYDENCE MIERS - 2 yo/ Accused: Grandmother-Lillie Stanton - Winchester KY

Post by twinkletoes Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:33 am

Winchester woman tells judge: 'I killed my daughter and granddaughter'

By Greg Kocher
gkocher@herald-leader.comJanuary 9, 2014  

KAYDENCE MIERS - 2 yo/ Accused: Grandmother-Lillie Stanton - Winchester KY 1eWbbi.AuSt.79
Inmate Lillie Stanton

WINCHESTER — The woman accused of killing her daughter and granddaughter pleaded guilty Thursday to two counts of murder, thus avoiding the death penalty.

Lillie Stanton, 49, of Winchester, faces a recommended sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.

She was indicted last year on two counts of murder in the deaths of her daughter, Danel Korrey Stanton, 23, and her granddaughter, 22-month-old Kaydence Ray Miers.

Clark Circuit Judge William Clouse scheduled sentencing for Feb. 20.

During Wednesday's sentencing hearing, Clouse asked Stanton to tell him what happened.

After a long pause, Stanton said, "I killed my daughter and granddaughter." She wiped away tears as Clouse continued to ask her questions.

Stanton admitted to Winchester police that she slashed the victims' throats because she feared that Kaydence's father, Jonathon Miers, was about to gain more visitation time, according to court records. She also admitted that she cut her own throat and wrists after the killings, police said.

The deaths occurred May 20 at a house on Vaught Road in Winchester where Lillie Stanton lived with her daughter and granddaughter.

Lillie Stanton told police that she lifted Kaydence Miers from a bed where she was sleeping, carried her to the basement and slit her throat, according to court documents. She said she then cut Korrey Stanton's throat and, when that wasn't successful, suffocated her.

Lillie Stanton's former husband, Robert Stanton, arrived home in late afternoon on May 20 and discovered the killings. He then called police.

Lillie Stanton was airlifted to University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital for treatment of her self-inflicted wounds. Police said they arrested her at the hospital after she admitted to the slayings.

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/01/09/3025575/i-killed-my-daughter-and-granddaughter.html#storylink=cpy
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:41 am

Lillie Stanton sentenced to life in prison for double murder

KAYDENCE MIERS - 2 yo/ Accused: Grandmother-Lillie Stanton - Winchester KY 5306438ddcd35.preview-300
By Fred Petke fpetke@winchestersun.com
Lillie Stanton returns to her seat Thursday morning after being sentenced to two life terms without the possibility of parole. 

Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 12:50 pm
By Fred Petke 

Without saying a word, Lillie Stanton began serving two life sentences Thursday for killing her daughter and granddaughter nearly two years ago.

Stanton, 49 of Winchester, pleaded guilty in January to two counts of murder for killing 23-year-old Danel Korrey Stanton and 22-month-old Kaydence Ray Miers in May 2012.

Clark Circuit Judge William Clouse conducted the sentencing hearing in less than two minutes Thursday morning, with no statements offered by Stanton, her attorney or the prosecutor.

At the time of her arrest, Stanton told police she was afraid that Miers' father would get more visitation time during an upcoming child custody hearing in family court. She said she wanted to taken them out of state, but did not have the money. Killing them, she said, seemed like the best thing to do.

Stanton would have faced the death penalty had the case gone to trial. Instead, she will spend the rest of her life in prison.

http://www.centralkynews.com/winchestersun/news/local/lillie-stanton-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-double-murder/article_803df48a-9a57-11e3-b72c-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=story
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down