Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Motion Filed in Zenaida Gonzalez vs. Casey Anthony

Go down

New Motion Filed in Zenaida Gonzalez vs. Casey Anthony Empty New Motion Filed in Zenaida Gonzalez vs. Casey Anthony

Post by mom_in_il Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:57 pm

New Motion Filed in Zenaida Gonzalez vs. Casey Anthony

Last Edited: Friday, 27 Mar 2009, 4:44 AM EDT
Created On: Thursday, 26 Mar 2009, 6:09 PM EDT

ORLANDO, Fla. - When written questions known as "written interrogatories" were sent to Casey Anthony to answer from her jail cell, questions about Zenaida Gonzalez, she didn't' say much. In fact she answered one question, her name Casey Anthony. Then at her attorney's advice, she invoked her 5th amendment right.

Gonzalez's attorneys didn't like that. So, so they filed a motion asking the judge to make her answer certain questions. Now, Casey Anthony is fighting that request. Her attorney, Jonathan Kasen, filed this motion for protective order. Local defense attorney, Diana Tennis thinks the defense's motion was a smart move. "I think it would be very unusual for a judge to make a criminal defendant answer this type of question until a criminal case is done. So I think they'll probably get the protective order," Tennis said.

Tennis thinks the plaintiff has a weak case to begin with. Casey Anthony told investigators a nanny by the name of Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez stole her daughter Caylee. The woman who is suing is just "Zenaida Gonzalez." FOX 35 asked Tennis the relevance of that. "Depending on how important you find your middle name. I think it makes a big difference. It’s a totally different name and they've said from the beginning it's not the same person," Tennis said.

In the Defense's Motion for Protective Order in Response to the Plaintiff’s Motion to Compel Previously Propounded Interrogatory Answers, Casey Anthony's attorney says every question Gonzalez's attorneys ask is "inextricably intertwined" with the criminal case against his client. Kasen has called this a frivolous lawsuit in the past, and Tennis agrees. "At some point I think this case is going to get thrown out, the civil case that is," Tennis said.

Zenaida Gonzalez's attorneys at the Morgan and Morgan law firm did not return our calls today. We may not know how this will play out until May. That's when the next scheduled hearing is in the civil case.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/032609casey_gonzalez_motion
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down