Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baez under investigation again...

Go down

Baez under investigation again... Empty Baez under investigation again...

Post by mom_from_STL Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:50 pm

Fla. Bar Launches Another Investigation Into Baez

Baez Accused Of Asking P.I. To Not Call 911 If Caylee's Remains Found

POSTED: Tuesday, April 7, 2009
UPDATED: 6:02 pm EDT April 7, 2009

Baez under investigation again... Button_enlarge
Baez under investigation again... 18319283_240X135
Caylee Marie Anthony.

The Florida Bar has launched an investigation into Casey Anthony's defense attorney, Jose Baez.

Allegations have been made against Baez that he told private investigator Dominic Casey to avoid calling 911 if he found Caylee Anthony's remains.

No proof has been offered that the conversation actually took place, but the Florida Bar has begun an investigation into the matter, to see whether Baez violated any rules. The bar would not confirm who made the complaints, but did confirm that several complaints were made.

"Like I've told everyone all along, the defense has not done anything unethical," Baez said.

Home video of Casey searching the woods where Caylee's remains were later found was released several months ago by Geraldo Rivera. Baez allegedly told Casey to stay quiet if he were to find the body.

Casey searched the wooded area off Suburban Drive three times in the month before Caylee's remains were discovered. Casey told detectives in an interview in January he never found the remains, but if he had, he would have done the right thing.

"I wouldn't have moved. I would have said a prayer. I would have called 911 and I would have stood right there -- if I were to have found Caylee Marie I would not move from that spot," Casey told detectives.

Casey told detectives in that interview that someone asked him to keep quiet if he found the body. Parts of that interview were determined by a judge to be confidential and were not released to the public.

Baez called the allegations "ridiculous."

The defense team issued a statement on Tuesday, which said, "Mr. Baez has done nothing unethical throughout the investigation and as Casey Anthony's defense lawyer. He and his counsel will respond at the appropriate time to refute any and all of untrue allegations."

Casey declined to talk to Local 6 News about the matter.

Earlier this year the bar looked into allegations that Baez was unethically brokering book or movie deals. The bar cleared Baez of any wrongdoing.

Whoever filed the recent complaints signed a sworn affidavit that they believed an ethics violation may have occurred.

Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daugher Caylee.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19120145/detail.html
mom_from_STL
mom_from_STL
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

Baez under investigation again... Empty Re: Baez under investigation again...

Post by mom_from_STL Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:54 am

Casey Anthony case: WKMG reports Florida Bar investigating multiple complaints that Jose Baez instructed private eye
posted by halboedeker on Apr 7, 2009 5:54:19 PM

The big news today in the Casey Anthony saga: Her attorney is under investigation again, WKMG-Channel 6 reported tonight.

The Florida Bar is exploring "multiple complaints" from "multiple people" that attorney Jose Baez told a private investigator to keep quiet if he found Caylee Anthony's body, WKMG's Mike DeForest said.

That investigator is Dominic Casey, who worked for the Anthony family and searched woods near the family home for the toddler's body three times in November. The child's remains were found there in December.

The private eye had told detectives that someone had told him not to alert authorities if he found the remains.

Casey Anthony is charged with Caylee's murder.

Baez's spokeswoman issued a statement today that he has done nothing unethical as Anthony's attorney. Baez had not returned WKMG's calls, DeForest said.

"This is a high-profile case and Baez has a big target on his back," DeForest said.

The Bar cleared Baez in an earlier investigation in which he was accused of brokering deals in the case.

WKMG also highlighted voicemails from Cindy Anthony, Casey's mother.

Cindy Anthony told investigators: "You guys have already wasted a lot of time trying to point fingers at Casey."

Cindy also said that Casey wasn't solely responsible for Caylee' s disappearance.

"Casey had to have have had help no matter what you think the scenario might be," Cindy said. "There are people who know information."
mom_from_STL
mom_from_STL

Back to top Go down