Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EMILLIANO TERRY - 3 yo / Accused: Mother; Camilia Terry - Cleveland OH

3 posters

Go down

EMILLIANO TERRY - 3 yo / Accused: Mother; Camilia Terry - Cleveland OH Empty EMILLIANO TERRY - 3 yo / Accused: Mother; Camilia Terry - Cleveland OH

Post by me_n_my2 Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:42 am

Search for missing 3-year-old Cleveland boy ends with body found at Northeast Ohio trash transfer station, coroner official says

By Plain Dealer staff The Plain Dealer
on November 26, 2012 at 7:35 PM
updated November 26, 2012 at 8:59 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- A body tentatively identified as missing 3-year-old Emiliano Terry was found Monday evening in a trash bag at the Waste Management Transfer/Recycling Station in Oakwood, a county official said.

The body was tentatively identified about 6:41 p.m, according to a city police report, said Powell Caesar, spokesman for the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office.

Emiliano had been reported missing from Kossuth Park shortly after 5 p.m. Sunday. Police initially were told the child may have gotten into a black car, possibly a Saab.

City police and FBI officials who had been jointly investigating the disappearance showed up at the transfer station earlier Monday evening.

Also Monday, officials said that Camilia Terry was in the custody of Cuyahoga County's Children and Family Services from 2009 until February, when she was 19, said agency spokeswoman Mary Louise Madigan.

(911 call at link)

In May, Terry, 20, who has two other sons -- ages 5 and 5 months -- called the agency's hotline, asking for supportive services, Madigan said. She is still in touch with her former foster parents, and the case remains open.

Fox8.com had reported Monday afternoon that Camilia Terry had been taken to FBI headquarters in Cleveland and had been questioned.

The boy's father is not a suspect, police spokeswoman Jennifer Ciaccia said in an email. Cleveland Police Chief Michael McGrath on Monday issued a statement thanking the media and public for concern over the missing boy.

Family photoCamilia Terry had told police Sunday she was tending to one of her other children at the park when she looked up and Emilliano was gone. Her 5-year-old told her Emilliano may have gotten into the black car.

Fourth District officers searched the park at East 121st Street and Williams Avenue, the surrounding area and throughout the 13000 block of Buckeye Road, where Emilliano lives.

A police dog brought to the scene indicated that Emilliano had been at the park, police said at a news conference Monday afternoon.

Anyone with information is asked to call 216-623-5418 or 9-1-1.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012/11/missing_3-year-old_cleveland_b.html

me_n_my2
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

EMILLIANO TERRY - 3 yo / Accused: Mother; Camilia Terry - Cleveland OH Empty Re: EMILLIANO TERRY - 3 yo / Accused: Mother; Camilia Terry - Cleveland OH

Post by me_n_my2 Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:51 am

CLEVELAND– A police investigator with the Cleveland Police Department tells Fox 8 News that Camilia Terry has been arrested, in connection with the death of her 3-year-old.

The investigator tells Fox 8, Terry has been booked on aggravated murder charges in the death of Emilliano Terry.

The investigator also tells us that Terry admitted to disposing of the boy’s body, but does not admit to killing the child. The investigator goes on to tell us the mother failed a polygraph test.

Authorities believe that a body found in a landfill Monday night is the body of the 3-year-old.

The mother ‘s 911 call to police was released Monday afternoon.

In the call, she tells police the child disappeared from a park.

Cleveland police and the FBI will release more information at a press conference later Monday evening. We will bring that to you live here on fox8.com.

me_n_my2
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

EMILLIANO TERRY - 3 yo / Accused: Mother; Camilia Terry - Cleveland OH Empty Re: EMILLIANO TERRY - 3 yo / Accused: Mother; Camilia Terry - Cleveland OH

Post by me_n_my2 Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:43 pm

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Community activists will host a candlelight vigil Wednesday evening for 3-year-old Emilliano Terry, who was found dead Monday afternoon in trash bags after his mother reported him missing Sunday.

The 20-year-old mother, Camilia Terry, is being held at the Cuyahoga County Jail, but charges have not been filed.

The county Medical Examiner's Office has not yet ruled on the cause of death. Investigators will first positively identify the body.

"DNA testing will be required," Medical Examiner spokesman Powell Caesar said. "This could take a few days for final results.

"An autopsy was conducted this morning, however we don't have any results at this time."

The search for Terry's 3-year-old son began Sunday at 5:15 p.m. and ended Monday afternoon, when FBI agents found Emilliano's body at a trash transfer station in Oakwood.

The trash and Emilliano's body had been picked up from a Dumpster near Terry's apartment on Buckeye Road near East 130th Street, about a half-mile from Kossuth Park.

Terry initially told police that Emilliano had vanished from the park at East 121st Street and Williams Avenue, but her story changed Monday, Fourth District Commander Deon McCaulley said.

Cleveland police "The statements of Miss Terry became very inconsistent and we decided that we would further investigate her involvement in the situation," he said Monday after the arrest.

Community activists will host a candlelight vigil at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at the park.

The Cuyahoga County Department of Children and Family Services has taken emergency custody of Terry's two other boys, 5 and 5 months.

Terry, who has no adult criminal history, was in foster care from 2009 through February, agency spokeswoman Mary Louise Madigan said. That was when she became old enough to be released from foster care.

In February 2012, records show that she had "met all her graduation requirements, but has not passed the (Ohio Graduation Test)" and that she "has gone to live with her father in Mississippi."

Three months later, Terry called the agency asking for help with the children, Madigan said.

Someone using the name Camilia Terry posted a message Wednesday on a Yahoo site, "Putting Your Child Up for Adoption." It reads: I HAVE A THREE YEAR OLD TODDLER I WANT TO PUT UP FOR ADOPTION WHEN I WAS PREGNANT WITH HIM I WAS GOING TO GO THROUGH IT BUT PEOPLE KEPT CONVINCING ME TO DO OTHER WISE HE HAS PROBLEMS THAT I DONT KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH AND PREFER FOR HIM TO BE WITH A FAMILY WHO CAN HANDLE IT AND THE FATHER NEVER BEING AROUND NEVER HELPED HARD TO FIND TODDLER ADOPTION AGENCYS.

me_n_my2
Cricket Tracker
Cricket Tracker

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:46 pm

Mother arrested after three-year-old boy's body found in landfill

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 01:08 EST, 27 November 2012 | UPDATED: 01:09 EST, 27 November 2012

A community is horrified upon learning that a tiny body found on Monday at a landfill in Cleveland, Ohio has been identified as a missing three-year-old boy.

The toddler, Emilliano Terry, disappeared on Sunday and his 20-year-old mother, Camilla Terry, has been arrested in connection with his death.

The woman has reportedly admitted to disposing of the boy's body but claims she was not involved in the boy's death.

EMILLIANO TERRY - 3 yo / Accused: Mother; Camilia Terry - Cleveland OH Article-0-163A8A32000005DC-368_634x661
Gone: Police and the local community spent the night searching for the missing toddler

EMILLIANO TERRY - 3 yo / Accused: Mother; Camilia Terry - Cleveland OH Article-0-163A8A36000005DC-548_634x467
Search: Camilla Terry (center) showed police where she had last seen her son at a park on Sunday

The mother claimed she was with her two other children for a visit to the park on Sunday and says she turned away and in one moment the little boy vanished.

The medical examiner said that a body was found on Monday evening in a trash bag, according to WJW-TV.

At a press conference later on Monday it was confirmed that the body was that of Emilliano Terry.

His mother was arrested shortly after 2pm and has been charged with aggravated murder.

An investigator told the local news station that the mother failed a polygraph test.

Police had previously described the woman as being 'helpful and cooperative' with their inquiries.

EMILLIANO TERRY - 3 yo / Accused: Mother; Camilia Terry - Cleveland OH Article-0-163A8A2E000005DC-259_634x355
Her account: The mother said she was watching her two other children at the park, turned away for a moment and the boy was gone

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2239023/Mother-arrested-year-old-boys-body-landfill-site.html#ixzz2DQaRi5SJ
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:47 pm

me_n_my2 wrote:CLEVELAND, Ohio — Community activists will host a candlelight vigil Wednesday evening for 3-year-old Emilliano Terry, who was found dead Monday afternoon in trash bags after his mother reported him missing Sunday.

The 20-year-old mother, Camilia Terry, is being held at the Cuyahoga County Jail, but charges have not been filed.

The county Medical Examiner's Office has not yet ruled on the cause of death. Investigators will first positively identify the body.

"DNA testing will be required," Medical Examiner spokesman Powell Caesar said. "This could take a few days for final results.

"An autopsy was conducted this morning, however we don't have any results at this time."

The search for Terry's 3-year-old son began Sunday at 5:15 p.m. and ended Monday afternoon, when FBI agents found Emilliano's body at a trash transfer station in Oakwood.

The trash and Emilliano's body had been picked up from a Dumpster near Terry's apartment on Buckeye Road near East 130th Street, about a half-mile from Kossuth Park.

Terry initially told police that Emilliano had vanished from the park at East 121st Street and Williams Avenue, but her story changed Monday, Fourth District Commander Deon McCaulley said.

Cleveland police "The statements of Miss Terry became very inconsistent and we decided that we would further investigate her involvement in the situation," he said Monday after the arrest.

Community activists will host a candlelight vigil at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at the park.

The Cuyahoga County Department of Children and Family Services has taken emergency custody of Terry's two other boys, 5 and 5 months.

Terry, who has no adult criminal history, was in foster care from 2009 through February, agency spokeswoman Mary Louise Madigan said. That was when she became old enough to be released from foster care.

In February 2012, records show that she had "met all her graduation requirements, but has not passed the (Ohio Graduation Test)" and that she "has gone to live with her father in Mississippi."

Three months later, Terry called the agency asking for help with the children, Madigan said.

Someone using the name Camilia Terry posted a message Wednesday on a Yahoo site, "Putting Your Child Up for Adoption." It reads: I HAVE A THREE YEAR OLD TODDLER I WANT TO PUT UP FOR ADOPTION WHEN I WAS PREGNANT WITH HIM I WAS GOING TO GO THROUGH IT BUT PEOPLE KEPT CONVINCING ME TO DO OTHER WISE HE HAS PROBLEMS THAT I DONT KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH AND PREFER FOR HIM TO BE WITH A FAMILY WHO CAN HANDLE IT AND THE FATHER NEVER BEING AROUND NEVER HELPED HARD TO FIND TODDLER ADOPTION AGENCYS.

OMG, this has to be her. Do you have a link? Why oh why do people like this keep getting pregnant?
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:54 pm

Her first pregnancy was when she was 14. Hopefully she will be in prison for the rest of her life and won't be able to breed any more.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:51 pm

Surveillance showed lies; collaborative police work played role in cracking Emilliano Terry case

Posted: 11/27/2012
Last Updated: 12 hours and 36 minutes ago
By: Tracy Carloss

CLEVELAND - Within minutes of Camillia Terry calling 911 Sunday evening, to report her 3-year-old son Emilliano was missing, Cleveland police officers responded. Not long after, dozens of FBI agents, mounted police and K-9 units were at the scene trying to solve the case.

The Combined Abduction Response Team (CART), was called upon for help. Law enforcement agents knocked on doors, talked to people and fanned out around Kossuth Park where little Emilliano reportedly disappeared from.

"The officers walked the entire route, noted every house or building with a camera on it," said Cleveland Police Cmdr. Deon McCaulley.

Police said officers were trying to verify what Terry told them, follow leads, and search for the little boy. On Monday morning, officers went back to those buildings and businesses with cameras and looked at surveillance video. Police said what they found on those tapes provided a clearer picture into Emilliano's disappearance.

"One of the videos pulled showed (Camilia) walking with a stroller and one child," said McCaulley.

Terry initially said she was with all three of her kids.

As police noticed Terry's story beginning to show inconsistencies, a break in the case came late Monday afternoon.

"Some of the agents and investigators were in the area of where the mother and children lived and saw a Waste Management truck pull in and thought, so typically in cases like this, that evidence could be in that trash," said FBI Special Agent Vicki Anderson.

The FBI's Evidence Response Team responded to the Waste Management transfer station in Oakwood Village and began going through the garbage. What agents found turned the missing persons case into a homicide investigation.

"One of the things you never get over is what I had to look at when I responded to the waste treatment place," said McCaulley.

That's where authorities found the body of a young boy wrapped in garbage bags. The medical examiner is awaiting DNA testing to positively identify the body. Cleveland police have tentatively said the body is Emilliano.

Officials said experience, cooperation between agencies and good old fashioned police work led to the closing of this case, authorities said, but this was not the ending that anyone was hoping for.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/oh_cuyahoga/surveillance-showed-lies-collaborative-police-work-played-role-in-cracking-emilliano-terry-case#ixzz2DWrlsNGh
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:06 pm

Investigators: 3-year-old Emilliano Terry was beaten to death

Posted: Nov 27, 2012 7:23 PM CST
Updated: Nov 28, 2012 6:44 AM CST

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - According to investigators close to the Emilliano Terry case, tell 19 Action News that the child was beaten to death.

The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's office has not yet confirmed this information. The 3-year old's autopsy report and charges are expected today.

Authorities, meantime were busy Tuesday night taking more evidence out of Camilia Terry's apartment.

19 Action News spoke with 19-year-old Shawn Dotson, Emilliano Terry's father. The last time he was able to see his son was about a year ago.

"I popped up at her house unannounced and she wasn't going to let me in but she did. I asked to see him. I had to carry him out of the crib. He didn't saying anything. He looked very dry, skinny and weak," a quiet Shawn Dotson told 19 Action News Reporter Dan DeRoos.

Dotson claims Camilia Terry did everything she could to keep him from Emilliano. She even told him they moved to South Carolina.

"She wouldn't answer my calls. Every number she gave me was either off or changed," claims Dotson.

He found out Emilliano was missing from a mutual friend. He didn't believe it at the time, but it was confirmed when detectives contacted him.

Shawn has not been told anything since, not even if the body found was in fact his son.

He doesn't want you to judge him or Camilia.

"Don't judge, don't take it somewhere it doesn't need to be, it happened, just let it rest in peace," says Dotson.

We have uncovered numerous factors that show Camilia was having problems with Emilliano and even possibly trying to adopt him out.

We asked this confused father, "You would have taken him?"

"Without hesitation yes, yes," stated Dotson.

A rally and vigil for little Emilliano will be held tonight at 5:30 p.m. at Kossuth Park at East 121 and Shaker Blvd. in Cleveland.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/20200539/breaking-news-investigators-say-emilliano-terry-was-beaten-to-death
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:59 pm

Camilia Terry of Cleveland charged with aggravated murder in death of 3-year-old son Emilliano Terry

Posted: 11/28/2012
Last Updated: 19 hours and 30 minutes ago
By: Mike Waterhouse

CLEVELAND - The Cleveland mother charged in the death of her 3-year-old son found dead at a waste collection site was ordered to give a DNA sample.

During a news conference at the Cuyahoga County Justice Center Wednesday morning, Cleveland Deputy Chief Edward Tomba said 20-year-old Camilia Terry was charged with one count of aggravated murder.

A body of a boy matching the description of Emilliano Terry was found Monday night in Bedford, but the body has yet to be positively identified. Camilia reported the boy missing from a park about 24 hours before the discovery, prompting a large investigation that involved the FBI.

Tomba said investigators obtained two search warrants following the discovery of the body – one for Terry’s home on Buckeye on Cleveland’s east side, and another for a DNA sample from Terry.

"We don't know where the crime took place," said Tomba, adding that searching the home may point to that location as being a likely possibility.

Tomba said it’s believed the crime happened at the house, but there’s nothing glaring pointing to it as the scene.

Investigators removed evidence from Terry’s home Tuesday night while executing the warrant, and detectives are combing through it to find answers in the case.

Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner Dr. Thomas Gilson said the DNA obtained from Camilia Terry – through either a hair sample or swab – will be used to see if there’s any relation of Camilia to the body found.

Gilson said the body found showed signs of decomposition, so a visual identification was not appropriate in this case. It’s not clear when the results of the DNA tests will come back.

The time and cause of death for the body have not yet been determined, Gilson said.

Police said they’re also not sure when Emilliano was last seen alive. Detectives are talking with people in the area to see when anyone last saw the toddler.

Tomba was confident police are on the right track in this case.

"We have reason believe it was (Emilliano Terry) in that bag, we have reason to believe (Camilia Terry) was with him when something happened," said Tomba.

Tomba said Terry has obtained an attorney and gave a statement to the FBI following her arrest, but the details of her conversation with investigators are not being released.

Meanwhile, a custody hearing was held Wednesday afternoon for Terry's two other children. A spokeswoman for Cuyahoga County Children and Family Services said Terry's 5-year-old and 5-month-old children are currently with a foster family.

The spokeswoman said all three of Terry's children had different fathers, so there are multiple families involved in the hearing.

CFS is currently looking at and investigating backgrounds of foster families and blood relatives who have come forward to gain permanent custody of the children.

Keep checking newsnet5.com for the latest developments in this case.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/cleveland_metro/camilia-terry-of-cleveland-charged-with-aggravated-murder-in-death-of-3-year-old-son-emilliano-terry#ixzz2DdTRBpEZ
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:12 pm

"Don't judge, don't take it somewhere it doesn't need to be, it happened, just let it rest in peace," says Dotson.

Fortunately the state will take it where it needs to be, in a courtroom.

How can something so horrible rest in peace. This precious little boy was beaten to death, there is nothing peaceful in that.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:14 pm

Father of Emilliano Terry cried after hearing how 3-year-old son was beaten to death
Funeral for toddler set for Friday

Posted: 12/04/2012
Last Updated: 21 hours and 55 minutes ago
By: Shay Harris, newsnet5.com

CLEVELAND - The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office released results from the autopsy on 3-year-old Emilliano Terry on Tuesday. It showed the little boy suffered from blunt force trauma to his head, torso and legs and arms.

His mother, 20-year-old C amilia Terry, is accused of murdering him.

Emilliano's father, Shawn Dotson, found out Friday about the severity of his son's injuries. He said he was already expecting the worst after authorities found Emilliano's body last Monday at a waste processing site in Oakwood Village.

"I didn't know what to say. I kind of just held my mom and let out a few tears because that's kind of extreme," said Dotson, "Basically, (Camilia) just beat him and left him there. His body gave out."

Dotson said he'd known Camilia for two years before dating her for only a week. He said he'd never experienced violence from her, but said he'd heard things concerning his son.

"But that was after I hadn't had any contact. She wouldn't ever do it in front of me," he said. "A few people would inbox me on Facebook or tell me that she may be neglecting (Emilliano). He was in the hospital for a broken arm or something minor, things at the time that I didn't take into consideration."

Meanwhile, Ohio Communities United organization has filed a complaint with the Department of Children and Family Services. They held a rally outside the county office and said they believe that in light of the recent killings of Emilliano and Lisa Knoefel, a foster mother stabbed to death allegedly by her foster daughter, it will bring to light the importance of having licensed social workers handling foster care cases.

They said it's unethical for unlicensed workers to engage in the removal of children from their birth homes to be placed in foster care without the proper training and education.

Dotson said the funeral for Emilliano will be Friday at Pernel Jones & Sons Funeral Home. The time hasn't been announced and Dotson said the wake will be private. A memorial fund has been established at KeyBank in Emilliano's name.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/cleveland_metro/father-of-emilliano-terry-cried-after-hearing-how-3-year-old-son-was-beaten-to-death#ixzz2ED6mDk8o
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:06 pm

Camilia Terry is denied her requests

Posted: Feb 27, 2013 11:38 AM CST
Updated: Feb 27, 2013 11:38 AM CST

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - A judge has rejected a request for a psychiatric examination from a mother accused of killing her child.

Camilia Terry is facing charges for the death of her son.

She recently filed her own request for a psych examination even though she has two appointed attorneys.

She also asked for extra medical treatment but Judge Janet Burnside just said no to both requests.

In a court filing, the judge wrote she will not consider requests from a defendant who already has lawyers.

Terry's lawyers did not respond for comment when she filed her special requests.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/21414844/camilia-terry-is-denied-her-requests
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down