Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNNAMED NEWBORN - at birth - Colorado Springs CO

3 posters

Go down

UNNAMED NEWBORN - at birth - Colorado Springs CO Empty UNNAMED NEWBORN - at birth - Colorado Springs CO

Post by mom_in_il Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:04 am

Baby Found in Dumpster In Colorado Springs

Posted: Wed 2:13 PM, Dec 05, 2012
Updated: Wed 3:26 PM, Dec 05, 2012
Reporter: KKTV Email

A baby was found in a dumpster in the north part of Colorado Springs.

The baby was wrapped in its mother's hospital gown. Police tell us the umbilical cord was already cut off. The baby was awake and alert when it was found. Now the baby is at the hospital.

The dumpster is at the Rosemont at Shadwowood on Shadow Ridge Grove. That's near the new Lowe's store on North Nevada.

Detectives are investigating the incident.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Baby-Found-In-Trash-Can-In-Colorado-Springs-182249841.html
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

UNNAMED NEWBORN - at birth - Colorado Springs CO Empty Re: UNNAMED NEWBORN - at birth - Colorado Springs CO

Post by willcarney Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:10 pm

My heart breaks for the little girl. I would give any thing for a little girl even if she's not my biological daughter and her mother just throws her away like garbage. Our state has the same drop off law and we still get baby's dumped. Sad that they don't respect life. At least the girl is alive and ok and now has a chance for a better life. That is more than some.

William
willcarney
willcarney

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

UNNAMED NEWBORN - at birth - Colorado Springs CO Empty Re: UNNAMED NEWBORN - at birth - Colorado Springs CO

Post by mom_in_il Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:33 pm

Baby girl found near Colorado Springs dumpster; police believe they've found parents

Posted: 12/05/2012
Last Updated: 9 hours ago
Phil Tenser

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - A baby girl was found in a trash can on the north side of Colorado Springs Wednesday afternoon. Several hours later, police announced that they believed they had identified the parents.

Police said someone found the baby in a trash bin in the 300 block of Shadowridge Grove, near the intersection of Garden of the Gods Road and North Nevada Avenue.

"She looked like a newborn. The umbilical cord was still on. Her hair was kind of sticky," said Lauren Miller, one of those who found the baby.

The little girl was breathing and alert when she was found, police said. The girl, who is less than a month old, was taken to Memorial Hospital Central in stable condition.

"You see that on Law and Order, you don't see that in real life," Miller said.

Miller said the baby was found lying on a blue cloth that looked "like a medical gown." The umbilical cord was cut, but not clamped.

Angelana Bigil said she thought she'd heard a baby early in the morning.

"I kept thinking it was my baby and I kept checking on him but he wasn't crying, so I'm not really sure," said Bigil

"Why would someone do that when we have all these safe haven places in Colorado? We've got safe haven and people are dropping babies in trash, it's sad," neighbor Latasha Johnson said.

Colorado's Safe Haven Law allows a parent to hand over an infant who is less than three days old to any employee at a fire station or hospital with no questions asked. If the baby is not hurt, the parent will not be prosecuted for abandonment.

Johnson said police went door-to-door asking questions.

She said they asked, "did you see any suspicious activity, did you know anyone in the neighborhood that was pregnant at the time?"

The witnesses who found the baby were taken to the police station to be interviewed.

CSPD's Child Abuse Unit participated to this investigation.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/colorado-springs-area/baby-found-in-colorado-springs-trash-can
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:39 pm

Police: Report of abandoned newborn at Colo. Springs apartment complex a hoax
Posted on: 3:18 pm, December 5, 2012, by Web Staff, updated on: 10:55pm, December 6, 2012

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Police Thursday say the report of a teenager finding an abandoned newborn baby near a dumpster at a Colorado Springs apartment complex was a hoax.

The teen turned out to be the baby’s mother, and she was with the newborn girl the whole time, according to police.

“While we were responding to what we believed was a baby found in a dumpster, we later found out that never happened,” says Colorado Springs police spokeswoman Barbara Miller. “The mom did have total control of the baby at all times.”

The initial report came at about 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rosemont at Shadow Grove apartment complex near I-25 and Nevada in northeast Colorado Springs.

Someone called 911 and reported finding the baby in the dumpster. As police conducted interviews in the area, they found a 17-year-old who turned out to be the baby’s mother.

Police also confirmed that the baby, a mere six to 12 hours old, was never in or near any trash containers. Charges are being considered against the mother. Possibilities include influencing a public official, a felony, and false reporting, a misdemeanor.

The baby was taken to Memorial Central hospital and was awake, alert, and stable according to police.

Donna Campbell, a resident at the apartment complex says, “I was told there was a baby found in the dumpster wrapped in its mother’s hospital gown so it sounds like it could be a newborn.”

Around 8 p.m. investigators entered a second floor apartment across from the dumpster and began taking photos and collecting evidence.

Colorado has what’s called a “safe haven” law passed in 2000 that allows a parent to hand over and infant, up to 72-hours-old, to an employee at any fire station or hospital, with absolutely no questions asked.

So long as the baby is unharmed, the parent will not be prosecuted for abandonment.

http://kdvr.com/2012/12/05/newborn-baby-found-near-trash-at-colorado-springs-apartment-complex/

Hopefully the baby will NOT be given back to this mother. She's got some problems for sure. This might have led to a dead baby in the end. The best news is that the baby is ok. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by flash0115 Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:07 pm

i agree william. she also deserves punishment.

flash0115
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)
Local Celebrity (no autographs, please)

Job/hobbies : Pretending to maintain my sanity

Back to top Go down

Post by mom_in_il Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:21 pm

Teen who 'found' baby in dumpster is actually the mom

11:48 AM, Dec 7, 2012
Written by Gannett

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Police plan to charge the mother of the baby who was reportedly found in a trash container in Colorado Springs on Wednesday.

According to police, when they arrived on the scene in the 300 block of Shadow Ridge Grove, they interviewed a 17-year-old girl who reportedly found the baby.

It was determined later that she was the mother of the baby and that the baby was never "in or near the trash container."

According to 9NEWS Reporter Meagan Fitzgerald, the mom had the baby on Tuesday and went to take the trash out on Wednesday with the baby. At that point, she started screaming to get her mother's attention, claiming she had found the baby next to the Dumpster.

Meagan says the mom did not want to tell her mom that she had a baby and thought she could just say she found it.

The baby was placed in protective custody and looked to be 6- to 12-hours-old.

The mother of the infant may be charged with influencing a public official or false reporting.

The Colorado Springs Police Department wants to remind Colorado Springs residents the State of Colorado has a Safe Haven Law, which allows a parent to relinquish custody of a baby, 72 hours old or less, to an employee at a hospital or fire station without penalty of prosecution.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/strange/article/286117/82/Teen-who-found-baby-in-dumpster-is-actually-the-mom
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:51 pm

17 is under age in CO is it not? I am not sure. Having the child now she most likely got pregnant when she was 16. If she is or was under age someone should be charged with having sex with a minor. Who's the father. I don't care if he's 15 or 50, if she's under age he should be charged. Parents should warn their sons about having sex with minors. It's wrong and they could go to jail. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down