Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XANDER BROWN - 3 months/ Accused: Father; Dustin Brown - Bangor ME

Go down

XANDER BROWN - 3 months/ Accused: Father; Dustin Brown - Bangor ME Empty XANDER BROWN - 3 months/ Accused: Father; Dustin Brown - Bangor ME

Post by mom_in_il Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Teen Pleads Not Guilty to Manslaughter for Death of 3-Month-Old Son

by Laura Roberts
January 3rd 2013 08:59pm

Bangor - A Bangor teen accused of killing his 3-month-old son has pleaded not guilty to Manslaughter.

Dustin Brown, 18, was indicted by a Penobscot County Grand Jury on Wednesday. Brown pleaded not guilty to the charge on Thursday afternoon.

Police say they were called to a house on Thatcher Street in Bangor on November 25th for a 3-month-old boy who was not breathing.

An autopsy showed Xander Brown's death was a homicide.

According to court documents, Brown was alone with the baby, feeding him, when he walked out of the room and said to others in the house that Xander was unresponsive.

"The state's theory in the case as you can see from the affidavit in support of the probable cause in this case is that there was traumatic head injuries to the child," said Assitant Attorney General Andrew Benson.

Other family members home at the time told police they heard the baby crying, then a loud thud before the crying stopped.

According to court documents, Brown confessed to the baby's mother that when he was feeding Xander, the baby's head hit his chin and he jerked the baby.

Manslaughter is a Class A crime and if convicted, Brown faces a maximum of 30 years in jail.

His bail is $50,000 cash or $100,000 surety.

http://www.wabi.tv/news/36504/teen-pleads-not-guilty-to-manslaughter-for-death-of-3-month-old-son
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down