Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MICHAEL HARRISON - 2 yo/ Accused: Father; Micah William Harrison - Noblesville IN

Go down

MICHAEL HARRISON - 2 yo/ Accused: Father; Micah William Harrison - Noblesville IN Empty MICHAEL HARRISON - 2 yo/ Accused: Father; Micah William Harrison - Noblesville IN

Post by mom_in_il Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:16 am

Man cries while confessing to fatally stabbing 2-year-old son in court Thursday

1 day ago
by Fox59 Web Team

The man accused in the stabbing death of his 2-year-old son admitted to the crime at his initial hearing Thursday afternoon.

Michael William Harrison, 30, struggled with Hamilton County sheriff deputies, minutes before his court appearance, and was removed from the room.

A distraught Harrison returned to the hearing an hour later, shackled at the waist and ankles.

“I want death,” he told the judge. “I can’t do this right now. There’s too many questions.”

Throughout the hearing, Harrison wept, put his head on the table and even attempted to walk away.

“Ya’ll should take me out back and shoot me,” said Harrison. “I killed my poor little baby.”

Harrison was arrested Wednesday night in a Noblesville apartment after police located 2-year-old Michael Harrison, who sustained fatal stab wounds to the chest and forehead.

A neighbor told Fox59 News that the children were playing in the snow when an obviously angry Harrison forced them inside the apartment. The boy briefly struggled and an older sister begged her father to allow her to keep playing.

The neighbor told Fox59 News that she verbally confronted Harrison for his behavior, but after glancing at her, he continued to force the children into the apartment. Then, the neighbor said there was screaming and a dog barking.

According to court documents, Harrison traveled with his three children to Noblesville from Alabama to visit his mother, Pamela Harrison. She told authorities Harrison was ranting that someone was trying to kill him and attacked a closet door with a claw hammer prior to allegedly killing his son.

Pamela told police that as she hid the hammer from Harrison she spotted her son and Michael on the floor of a back bedroom.

It is unclear why Harrison killed the young boy.

Micah Harrison’s grandmother in Alabama, Noran Harrison, told Fox59 News, “I couldn’t believe it when I heard it because he generally won’t do nothing like that.

“He thought the world of that boy and his two daughters. He really thought the world of them.”

Harrison is being held on a suicide watch at the Hamilton County Jail pending his next hearing in February. When advised to his right to a trial, Harrison replied, “I hope I don’t live that long.”

He faces a March 12 trial date.

Prosecutor Lee Buckingham indicated he may seek life without parole if Harrison is convicted.

Buckingham witnessed the video feed of Harrison struggling with deputies and confessing to murder.

“I won’t discuss any of the facts or circumstances of the case or what happened in the courtroom today or how that would affect our proceeding.”

Read more at http://fox59.com/news/stories/micah-harrison-father-accused-of-stabbing-2-year-old-son-to-death/#MuPIIUs7GvY4JFiu.99

Last edited by mom_in_il on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
mom_in_il
mom_in_il
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Back to top Go down

MICHAEL HARRISON - 2 yo/ Accused: Father; Micah William Harrison - Noblesville IN Empty Re: MICHAEL HARRISON - 2 yo/ Accused: Father; Micah William Harrison - Noblesville IN

Post by mom_in_il Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:19 am

Court documents: Father accused of fatally stabbing son said ‘someone was trying to kill him’

1 day ago
by Fox59 Web Team

The Hamilton County Prosecutor’s Office has released new details in the stabbing death of a 2-year-old boy.

Police arrested the boy’s father, Micah Harrison, 30, and charged him with murder. According to the probable cause affidavit, police went to the Noblesville apartment where Harrison was staying in response to a 911 call around 4:45 p.m. Wednesday.

When they arrived at the Autumn Breeze apartment complex, they encountered Harrison, who was standing in front of the apartment complex in the parking lot. Police asked Harrison if he’d made the emergency call. He said he had not and “pointed in the direction of apartment 14,” according to court documents. Police said he had “what appeared to be blood” on his hands.

Officers put Harrison in the back of a squad car while others went to the apartment. Inside, they found Harrison’s son—2-year-old Michael Harrison—in a spare bedroom at the apartment, “lying on his back on the floor between the dresser and television stand.” Police observed multiple injuries, including two in the chest and another in the forehead. Police said the injuries were consistent with stab wounds.

Officers tried to revive the boy and secured the area. Two girls, ages 4 and 5, were also at the apartment. A woman, who identified herself as Harrison’s mother and the children’s grandmother, identified the girls as Harrison’s daughters. She said Harrison drove with his children from Alabama to Noblesville the day before.

During the afternoon, the woman said Harrison stated that “someone or something was trying to kill him.” He attacked a utility closet door with a claw hammer, which the woman later hid. She told him that no one was after him and noticed Harrison move to the room where Michael was playing.

She “observed Micah on top of Michael,” court documents said, and saw Harrison “stab Michael two to three times with a kitchen knife.” The woman took the knife away and informed Harrison that “he had just killed his son.” She then called 911.

Medical personnel declared the boy dead when they arrived.

Officers found blood on the bed, walls, furniture and ceiling. They also saw a nail puller that Harrison may have used. Investigators said the tool was consistent with the boy’s forehead injury.

Harrison is due for an initial hearing Thursday afternoon.

Read more at http://fox59.com/news/stories/micah-harrison-father-accused-of-stabbing-2-year-old-son-to-death/#KCCGPgtEsQxhOJP2.99
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

MICHAEL HARRISON - 2 yo/ Accused: Father; Micah William Harrison - Noblesville IN Empty Re: MICHAEL HARRISON - 2 yo/ Accused: Father; Micah William Harrison - Noblesville IN

Post by mom_in_il Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:52 pm

Micah Press Release (Michael Harrison)

Police PDF press release on the murder of 2 year old Michael Harrison by his father, Micah Harrison: http://www.indystar.com/assets/pdf/BG199036110.PDF
mom_in_il
mom_in_il

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down