Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DAXTON BORCHARDT - 14 months - / Accused: Susan Iwiki, baby sitter - Walworth, WI

3 posters

Go down

DAXTON BORCHARDT - 14 months - / Accused: Susan Iwiki, baby sitter - Walworth, WI Empty DAXTON BORCHARDT - 14 months - / Accused: Susan Iwiki, baby sitter - Walworth, WI

Post by willcarney Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:13 pm

Pair of pit bulls maul 14-month-old boy, killing him

By Matthew DeLuca, Staff Writer, NBC News

A 14-month-old Wisconsin boy has died after a brutal attack by a pair of pit bulls, authorities said on Thursday.

Police received a call from Susan Iwicki, 30, on Wednesday saying that she and the young boy were being attacked by the dogs, according to local NBC affiliate WMTV. Iwicki told police that she and the boy had each sustained injuries.
The boy died of his injuries at a Milwaukee area hospital later on Wednesday, the Walworth County sheriff’s office said, according to The Associated Press.

The boy had the “biggest eyes, great smile,” family friend Valerie Brylow told local affiliate WTMJ. “He was a great little boy.”

“He is adorable, absolutely adorable,” Nicole Jennison, another family friend told the station.

The boy’s name has not been released, and an investigation continues. Both of the pit bulls were removed from the property and euthanized on Wednesday, WMTV reported.

The fatal dog attack was the first in Wisconsin in a decade, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/07/17223707-pair-of-pit-bulls-maul-14-month-old-boy-killing-him?lite&lite=obinsite

Another little angel murdered by pit bulls. No charges filed yet but this baby sitter should have known to keep the dogs away from this little boy. Dogs and children don't mix. Especially pit bulls and rotweillers. Those two breeds are child killers. It's the responsibility of the care givers to keep them away from children. If you have a large dog and a small child get rid of the dog. For the childs safety. Even a loving pet can kill a young baby. William

Last edited by twinkletoes on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Format heading)
willcarney
willcarney
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

DAXTON BORCHARDT - 14 months - / Accused: Susan Iwiki, baby sitter - Walworth, WI Empty Re: DAXTON BORCHARDT - 14 months - / Accused: Susan Iwiki, baby sitter - Walworth, WI

Post by willcarney Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:19 pm

UPDATE: Donations Being Accepted after Little Boy Killed by Two Pit Bulls
UPDATED Thursday, March 7, 6:01 p.m.

From our news partner, WITI in Milwaukee:

WALWORTH COUNTY (WITI) — A little boy was killed on Wednesday, March 6th when he was attacked by two pit bulls, and detectives have been handed the case to see whether there was any wrongdoing.

The Walworth County Coroner says an autopsy was performed Thursday, March 7th on the body of one-year-old Daxton Borchardt, who was killed Wednesday in a pit bull attack. It could be weeks before an official report is released.

Walworth County deputies say the boy was being watched by a babysitter in a Walworth apartment on Wednesday, when two of the woman’s pit bulls suddenly attacked.

Both the babysitter, 30-year-old Susan Iwicki and the toddler suffered injuries. They were rushed to the hospital, and Borchardt was later flown by Flight for Life to Children’s Hospital, where he later died.

The two pit bulls were euthanized by a veterinarian.

At the Red Room bar in nearby Elkhorn, the little boy was remembered on Thursday. His father is a DJ at the bar, where messages of support were written on the wall.

“Our prayers are with them and if they need anything, you know, we’ll be here,” the bar’s owner said.

Donations can be made at any Associated Bank to the Daxton Borchardt Fund.

DAXTON BORCHARDT - 14 months - / Accused: Susan Iwiki, baby sitter - Walworth, WI Daxton+borchardt
UPDATED Thursday, March 7, 2013 --- 10:08 a.m.

From our news partner, WITI in Milwaukee:

WALWORTH COUNTY (WITI) — Walworth County Sheriff’s deputies say a 14-month-old boy was attacked by two pit bulls in the Town of Walworth on Wednesday, March 6th. The boy later died.

The boy was flown by Flight for Life to Milwaukee with critical injuries — but later succumbed to those injuries.

The Walworth County Sheriff’s Office says the incident occurred on North Lakeshore Drive.

30-year-old Susan Iwicki called 911 just before 1:00 p.m. Wednesday, stating that she and the young boy were under attack from two pit bulls she owns on the property. The animals were removed from the property, and a vet euthanized both pit bulls.

A neighbor told FOX6 News Iwicki was babysitting the child.

“It’s a quiet area. A lot of the people don’t live here year round, and it’s a quiet road. I’m not gonna sleep well tonight,” Sandi McGough said.

The area was quiet without many of its summertime residents, but those who live in the area year round said they were stunned and heartbroken to learn of the pit bull attack.

A neighbor told FOX6 News Iwicki had had the pit bulls since they were puppies, and said the dogs seemed well-behaved.

UPDATE: Wednesday, March 6, 2013 --- 11:15 p.m.

According to Affiliates in Milwaukee WITI, the woman who made the call to police was the boy's babysitter. The two pit bulls also belonged to the babysitter.

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/Toddler-Attacked-By-Pit-Bulls-in-Walworth-Co-195688071.html
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

DAXTON BORCHARDT - 14 months - / Accused: Susan Iwiki, baby sitter - Walworth, WI Empty Re: DAXTON BORCHARDT - 14 months - / Accused: Susan Iwiki, baby sitter - Walworth, WI

Post by tinalovesnick Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:36 am

Pit bull not labeled 'dangerous'ARIEL CHEUNG 03/10/2013 7:00 AM
The pit bull that killed 7-year-old Ryan Maxwell last week was involved in at least four incidents with law enforcement officials since June 2012, but none resulted in the dog being labeled as dangerous.

And while owner Ashiya Ferguson denies the pit bull was vicious or neglected, neighbors say they steered clear of the “scary” animal.

“That dog was big and powerful, and there was no way to defend yourself against it,” one neighbor said. “It looked like it didn’t matter if you had a fence or not.”

(The neighbors would speak to the newspaper only on condition of anonymity.)

Another neighbor went so far as to avoid Whiting Avenue because of the dog, he said.

“The big pit bull was scary,” he said. “When you walked on Whiting, you could see it snap to attention and run out the length of the chain he was attached to.

“It was frightening,” the neighbor added. “We stopped walking on Whiting because of it.”

Ferguson was at a loss to explain why neighbors were afraid of the dog, adding that she raised the pit bull, named Ghost, as a family dog.

“The dogs were raised by me, and I never raised any dog to be mean or violent,” Ferguson said. “That dog was raised up right along with my own children, and that dog never had any problems with any children.”

Law enforcement officials were first made aware of Ghost on June 16, 2012, when Monmouth police were called to the 400 block of South 8th Street in reference to a dog at large.

When they arrived, officers found two pit bulls running loose in the area, and the dogs eventually ran back to 409 S. 8th St. and sat on the back porch, according to the police report.

Officers initially were unable to locate the dog owner, but eventually spoke with resident Jereme J. Carter, who said the dogs belonged to him and had escaped from their kennel.

Carter was issued a citation for animals at large, according to the report.

Ferguson said she and Carter raised Ghost together.

“The dog belonged to me and Jereme Carter,” Ferguson said. “He and I bought and raised it from the time it was a puppy.”

Two months after the Monmouth incident, Carter was arrested and charged with the shooting death of Terrell Allen on Mulberry Street in Galesburg.

Allen was shot just before 11 p.m. Aug. 27 and died at the scene. Later that night, Ferguson was in a parked car in front of her and Carter’s South 8th Street residence when an unknown number of subjects opened fire and struck the vehicle with 11 bullets.

Carter was arrested two days later, and Monmouth police received a call for a well-being check for his dogs in the days following his arrest.

When the Monmouth animal control officer responded to the residence, she found the dogs had food and water and were in their kennel.

A few days later, in early September, Ferguson and the two dogs moved to her mother’s Whiting Avenue residence in Galesburg.

During the winter, the Galesburg animal control officer responded to two complaints that the dogs were left out in the cold, one on Dec. 20, 2012, and the second on Feb. 8.

However, when the officer arrived, the dogs were no longer outside, which meant officials could take no further action, said Knox County Humane Society Director Erin Buckmaster.

“We don’t have the license to go into somebody’s house,” she said. “As soon as they see us coming, they put the dogs in the house, out of sight, and (the officer) can’t do anything about it.”

Ferguson said she was just letting the dogs out for a little bit, and that she always did her best to care for the pets.

“We didn’t neglect our dogs,” she said. “Our dogs were indoor dogs. They were not left outside and they were not neglected.”

And her mother added that she would not have allowed violent dogs in her Whiting Avenue home under any circumstance.

“If I had ever heard of the dogs intimidating people or threatening people, they would have been gone,” said Susan Ferguson. “There are children who live here, too, and I would have never stood for having children in that kind of danger.”

Following the dog attack March 2, Ferguson insisted the Humane Society take the second pit bull.

“The owner told us to take it,” Buckmaster said. “It wasn’t aggressive, but it was pretty hungry, and its ribs were showing.”

And Ferguson said she doesn’t intend to get another dog anytime soon.

“I will never own another pit bull again,” Ferguson said. “There’s no way I could — I can’t look at those dogs anymore.”

The attack remains under investigation. No charges have been filed.

http://m.galesburg.com/regmail/pm_104981/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=tn3hMN5e

Very conflicting article here.
tinalovesnick
tinalovesnick
Pizza Delivery! Ding Dong!

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:39 am

tinalovesnick wrote:Pit bull not labeled 'dangerous'ARIEL CHEUNG 03/10/2013 7:00 AM
The pit bull that killed 7-year-old Ryan Maxwell last week was involved in at least four incidents with law enforcement officials since June 2012, but none resulted in the dog being labeled as dangerous.

And while owner Ashiya Ferguson denies the pit bull was vicious or neglected, neighbors say they steered clear of the “scary” animal.

“That dog was big and powerful, and there was no way to defend yourself against it,” one neighbor said. “It looked like it didn’t matter if you had a fence or not.”

(The neighbors would speak to the newspaper only on condition of anonymity.)

Another neighbor went so far as to avoid Whiting Avenue because of the dog, he said.

“The big pit bull was scary,” he said. “When you walked on Whiting, you could see it snap to attention and run out the length of the chain he was attached to.

“It was frightening,” the neighbor added. “We stopped walking on Whiting because of it.”

Ferguson was at a loss to explain why neighbors were afraid of the dog, adding that she raised the pit bull, named Ghost, as a family dog.

“The dogs were raised by me, and I never raised any dog to be mean or violent,” Ferguson said. “That dog was raised up right along with my own children, and that dog never had any problems with any children.”

Law enforcement officials were first made aware of Ghost on June 16, 2012, when Monmouth police were called to the 400 block of South 8th Street in reference to a dog at large.

When they arrived, officers found two pit bulls running loose in the area, and the dogs eventually ran back to 409 S. 8th St. and sat on the back porch, according to the police report.

Officers initially were unable to locate the dog owner, but eventually spoke with resident Jereme J. Carter, who said the dogs belonged to him and had escaped from their kennel.

Carter was issued a citation for animals at large, according to the report.

Ferguson said she and Carter raised Ghost together.

“The dog belonged to me and Jereme Carter,” Ferguson said. “He and I bought and raised it from the time it was a puppy.”

Two months after the Monmouth incident, Carter was arrested and charged with the shooting death of Terrell Allen on Mulberry Street in Galesburg.

Allen was shot just before 11 p.m. Aug. 27 and died at the scene. Later that night, Ferguson was in a parked car in front of her and Carter’s South 8th Street residence when an unknown number of subjects opened fire and struck the vehicle with 11 bullets.

Carter was arrested two days later, and Monmouth police received a call for a well-being check for his dogs in the days following his arrest.

When the Monmouth animal control officer responded to the residence, she found the dogs had food and water and were in their kennel.

A few days later, in early September, Ferguson and the two dogs moved to her mother’s Whiting Avenue residence in Galesburg.

During the winter, the Galesburg animal control officer responded to two complaints that the dogs were left out in the cold, one on Dec. 20, 2012, and the second on Feb. 8.

However, when the officer arrived, the dogs were no longer outside, which meant officials could take no further action, said Knox County Humane Society Director Erin Buckmaster.

“We don’t have the license to go into somebody’s house,” she said. “As soon as they see us coming, they put the dogs in the house, out of sight, and (the officer) can’t do anything about it.”

Ferguson said she was just letting the dogs out for a little bit, and that she always did her best to care for the pets.

“We didn’t neglect our dogs,” she said. “Our dogs were indoor dogs. They were not left outside and they were not neglected.”

And her mother added that she would not have allowed violent dogs in her Whiting Avenue home under any circumstance.

“If I had ever heard of the dogs intimidating people or threatening people, they would have been gone,” said Susan Ferguson. “There are children who live here, too, and I would have never stood for having children in that kind of danger.”

Following the dog attack March 2, Ferguson insisted the Humane Society take the second pit bull.

“The owner told us to take it,” Buckmaster said. “It wasn’t aggressive, but it was pretty hungry, and its ribs were showing.”

And Ferguson said she doesn’t intend to get another dog anytime soon.

“I will never own another pit bull again,” Ferguson said. “There’s no way I could — I can’t look at those dogs anymore.”

The attack remains under investigation. No charges have been filed.

http://m.galesburg.com/regmail/pm_104981/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=tn3hMN5e

Very conflicting article here.

This is sick.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by tinalovesnick Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:11 pm

And I just realized I stumbled on a completely different case while searing on little Daxton. :-(

This article is for 7 year old Ryan Maxwell.
tinalovesnick
tinalovesnick

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:55 pm

tinalovesnick wrote:And I just realized I stumbled on a completely different case while searing on little Daxton. :-(

This article is for 7 year old Ryan Maxwell.

I was going to post an article on him to but I lost track of it. Pit Bulls should be banned. They are child killers. More than any other dog breed. Their dog bite counts are 10 to 15 times any other dog bite events in any one year. They kill 4-6 children a year, sometimes more. Some states charge the owners others do not. All should, they choose to keep a dangerous breed. William
willcarney
willcarney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down