Justice4Caylee.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRYEON HUNTER - 1 yo - Maywood Village, IL

2 posters

Go down

BRYEON HUNTER - 1 yo - Maywood Village, IL Empty BRYEON HUNTER - 1 yo - Maywood Village, IL

Post by twinkletoes Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:02 am

Amber alert issued after 1-year-old kidnapped

BRYEON HUNTER - 1 yo - Maywood Village, IL 21998578_BG1

The child's mother says her son was taken from her when they were ambushed by a group of men.
(Source: WBBM/CNN)CHICAGO (WBBM/CNN) - Police issued an amber alert Tuesday for a 1-year-old boy, Bryeon Hunter.

The child's mother, Lakeshia Baker, says her son was taken from her when they were ambushed by a group of men.

"They pulled up out of the alleyway and told me, 'Didn't we say we don't want to see you around here no more?'" Baker said. "They started beating me, and all I hear is my baby just screaming. They beat him too. Just screaming. They took me to the woods on First and Main and beat me some more."

Her eye blackened, face swollen from being kicked and punched, Baker limped as she was assisted by loved ones to the Maywood Police Department, hoping to help in the search for her son.

Maywood police swept the streets near 5th and main for hours.

Family members say mom and child were near there grabbing fast food when the attack happened sometime after 1 p.m.

Baker's family says she apparently staggered for several blocks to get back home and that the family had been warned by guys in that neighborhood to stay away because of their race.

They say, I don't know... somebody told them don't get caught over there," Mary Selvie, the boy's grandmother, said. "Said didn't I tell you don't come over here no more. That's what I heard."

Community activists are canvassing the area hoping someone may have the tip that leads to the child.

http://www.wafb.com/story/21998578/amber-alert-issued-after-1-year-old-kidnapped

Last edited by twinkletoes on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
twinkletoes
twinkletoes
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

BRYEON HUNTER - 1 yo - Maywood Village, IL Empty Re: BRYEON HUNTER - 1 yo - Maywood Village, IL

Post by twinkletoes Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:18 am

I may have become too cynical but this story sounds very suspicious and very familiar. I don't buy it.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Job/hobbies : Trying to keep my sanity. Trying to accept that which I cannot change. It's hard.

Back to top Go down

BRYEON HUNTER - 1 yo - Maywood Village, IL Empty Re: BRYEON HUNTER - 1 yo - Maywood Village, IL

Post by twinkletoes Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:32 am

Des Plaines River searched for missing toddler

Updated at 06:19 PM today

April 17, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) --
The search continues for a 1-year-old boy who was reported kidnapped
Tuesday. Wednesday, police searched along the Des Plaines River.

Police are searching for what they believe is Bryeon Hunter's body.
Lakeshia Baker, Bryeon Hunter's mother, reported her son
kidnapped on Tuesday. An Amber Alert was issued after the
toddler's 23-year-old mother claimed three men took Bryeon after beating
her up.
Bryeon's grandmother Brenda Lloyd wants answers about the whereabouts of her grandson.
"It's getting to the point my baby might be dead, laying
somewhere," Lloyd said. "I'm trying not to believe that," said Lloyd.
Despite the injuries that sent Baker to the hospital Tuesday, the
three men she accused of beating her and snatching her son have been
cleared by police of any wrongdoing.
After Baker was
released from the hospital Tuesday night, she and her boyfriend were
brought to the Maywood police station for questioning. Both have
not been released, each apparently blaming the other for the boy's
disappearance.

After all-day searches in the river, and near Baker's home, there is no sign of Bryeon Hunter.
"It's real frustrating," said Lloyd. "I'm trying not to believe my baby is gone."
The search of the Des Plaines River was suspended around 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday because of poor weather conditions. The search is expected to
continue Thursday.
The boy is described as about 2-feet tall
and weighing 30 pounds, the alert said. Police say the boy has brown
hair and brown eyes and just got a haircut.
He was wearing a two-toned blue striped long-sleeve shirt, blue jeans, and blue and brown Nike boots.

Maywood police are urging anyone with information to contact them at (708) 450-4471.
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=9068531
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:48 am

Bryeon Hunter Mother Questioned: Abducted Boy Presumed Dead As Police Doubt Mom's Story

Posted: 04/18/2013 11:56 am EDT | Updated: 04/18/2013 11:57 am EDT

Police are fearing the worst for a Maywood toddler after the Wednesday search for him was suspended due to inclement weather and the account given by own mother being called into question by police.

Police confirmed with WGN that one and a half-year-old Bryeon Hunter is presumed dead, less than two days after his reported abduction prompted an Illinois AMBER Alert.

Bryeon's 23-year-old mother Lakeshia Baker told police three men abducted her and beat her before dropping her off and kidnapping the toddler Tuesday afternoon in the Chicago suburb of Maywood.

As of Wednesday, however, the Sun-Times reports Maywood police believed Baker's statements were untrue. “We believe this to be an isolated event and not one that was described as three men committing an abduction,” Maywood Police Chief Tim Curry said according to the Sun-Times.

Baker and her boyfriend were initially brought to the Maywood police station for questioning after she was released from the hospital, ABC Chicago reports. Relatives say both remained in police custody Wednesday night, and according to ABC, each was apparently blaming the other for Bryeon's disappearance.

Maywood authorities launched a search of the Des Plaines River for Bryeon, but the search was called off Wednesday
due to stormy weather conditions, according to NBC Chicago. Earlier Wednesday NBC asked Curry about his hopes for the boy's recovery, and the police chief said he was "not optimistic."

Despite police presumptions, the AMBER Alert for Bryeon is currently still in effect: he's described as a black male, 2-feet tall and weighing 30 pounds. He is listed as last seen wearing a blue striped long sleeve shirt, blue jeans, and blue and brown Nike boots.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Maywood Police Department at 708-450-4471.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/18/bryeon-hunter-mother-ques_n_3109289.html
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:52 am

I knew it. Wish I had been wrong.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:12 pm

Bryeon Hunter Missing: Mother, Her Boyfriend Charged With Murder In Case Of Missing Infant

Posted: 04/20/2013 1:43 pm EDT | Updated: 04/20/2013 2:15 pm EDT

Though the missing suburban Chicago infant still has not been found, murder charges were filed Friday in the case of Bryeon Hunter.

According to ABC Chicago, Lakeshia Baker, 1-year-old Bryeon's mother, and her boyfriend Michael Scott, both of Maywood, Ill., have been charged with first-degree murder and were expected in bond court Saturday.

Bryeon's body has not been found, but police said earlier in the week that the boy was presumed dead less than two days after his reported abduction prompted an Illinois Amber Alert.

Lakeshia Baker, 22, previously claimed to police that three men abducted her and beat her before dropping her off and kidnapping the toddler around 2:15 p.m. Tuesday.

Baker's claim also prompted authorities to search the Des Plaines River for Bryeon but that search was called off due to stormy weather.

According to the Chicago Tribune, the search was standard protocol and not the result of any specific intelligence they had received.

By Wednesday, Baker and Scott were bought in for questioning to the Maywood police station as officials doubted her account of her son's disappearance. Three men named by Baker and questioned by police in the alleged abduction have since been cleared.

Though the missing suburban Chicago infant still has not been found, murder charges were filed Friday in the case of Bryeon Hunter.

According to ABC Chicago, Lakeshia Baker, 1-year-old Bryeon's mother, and her boyfriend Michael Scott, both of Maywood, Ill., have been charged with first-degree murder and were expected in bond court Saturday.

Bryeon's body has not been found, but police said earlier in the week that the boy was presumed dead less than two days after his reported abduction prompted an Illinois Amber Alert.

Lakeshia Baker, 22, previously claimed to police that three men abducted her and beat her before dropping her off and kidnapping the toddler around 2:15 p.m. Tuesday.

Baker's claim also prompted authorities to search the Des Plaines River for Bryeon but that search was called off due to stormy weather.

According to the Chicago Tribune, the search was standard protocol and not the result of any specific intelligence they had received.

By Wednesday, Baker and Scott were bought in for questioning to the Maywood police station as officials doubted her account of her son's disappearance. Three men named by Baker and questioned by police in the alleged abduction have since been cleared.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/20/bryeon-hunter-missing-mot_n_3123229.html

BRYEON HUNTER - 1 yo - Maywood Village, IL R
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:23 pm

I knew this would end up here. Who did they think they could fool?
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by willcarney Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:38 pm

It's been mentioned in local news and gossip that the reason was the little boy could not be pottied trained. So she got tired of cleaning diapers so killed him. tears William
willcarney
willcarney

Job/hobbies : NEVER assume your child is safe, KNOW.

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:44 pm

I read that William. WTH did she think a little baby would do?

I'm sure he died a violent, painful death.

Why didn't she put him up for adoption? What is wrong with people? Why in the world did she have a baby to begin with?

A vet needs to fix neuter her so she can't have any more.
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkletoes Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:58 am

Amber Alert canceled for Bryeon Hunter | Mom of missing Maywood child charged with murder

Monday, April 22, 2013

BRYEON HUNTER - 1 yo - Maywood Village, IL 9073301_448x252

April 22, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- An Amber Alert issued for a missing Maywood boy Bryeon Hunter was canceled. His mother, Lakesha Baker, is charged with his murder.

Baker's boyfriend, Michael Scott, also faces first-degree murder charges in Bryeon's death. Both were charged on Saturday.

Bryeon, 1, was reported missing on Tuesday. Baker told police three men attacked her and took off with the boy, prompting an Amber Alert. But prosecutors say Baker and Scott beat the boy when he wouldn't stop crying, and dumped his body.

Police have searched areas near the Des Plaines River, but the boy's body has not been found.

Baker is being held without bond. Scott is being held on $750,000. Baker's lawyers say she is not guilty.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=9074533
twinkletoes
twinkletoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down